- So how was everyone's Valentine's day? I spent my learning labor law. Saucy!
- Apparently the posters for next Hazanavicius-Dujardin collaboration caused quite an outrage in France. Women found the poster to be "sexist" and got offended. I think the posters are hilarious and I definitely want to see the movie. And if I was the chick in front of Dujardin on that poster...
- I have a lot of potentially disturbing movies to watch - Incendies, A Separation, Hour of the Wolf, Videodrome...I also plan to watch "You've got Mail". I'm just gonna go ahead and enjoy one of the most beautiful and completely adorable romantic comedies ever made tonight. I love Meg Ryan, she is simply irreplaceable. I look on all the actresses starring in romantic comedies nowadays and none of them posses the kind of charm Ryan shone in 80's and 90's.
- I finally learned how to make animated gifs as you can see on the right. Took me some time to figure this out, but I was so happy when I clicked the play button and Jean and Berenice started dancing.
- I saw "My Week with Marilyn" yesterday. It was bad. My review will be posted in few hours. For now let's just say the brightest moments of the screening were "The Artist" and "Shame" trailers before the film. I really should have gone to see "The Artist" again instead. Seeing "Shame" again would make me suicidal, probably.
- They showed menu for Oscar's party in the news today. It looked so gross!
- Speaking of the parties I'm going on the ball tomorrow. Yesterday I attempted to buy a dress, which I did not succeed in. In the result I'm wearing something I already have, unfortunately it's all black. After few drinks I may just start scaring people, walking around and looking creepy as the chick in "The Woman in Black". I'm not a girly girl - I do not own thousands pairs of shoes, I do not enjoy dancing, shopping, having my hair brushed etc. But I'm looking forward to catching up with people tomorrow.
- Uggie won first ever Golden Collar award this week given to pets in movies for their outstanding work. But few days ago I learned that he wasn't even invited to Oscars yet! What the hell? The Academy can't even nominate right movies and people and now I find out they are also incapable of inviting a dog? How hard is that? You send a basket of sausages to his villa in Miami and attach an invite. A freaking monkey could have done that.
- Some links for all of you to check out:
- Aziza wrote about "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", one of my all time favorites.
- Bonjour Tristesse wrote an amazing recap of Berlin Film Festival
- Chris did a wonderful review for "American Psycho" one of my favorite movies, based on my all time favorite book.
- Straight from creative mind of Stevee here is a conversation with "The Beaver"
- Scott lists Top 10 Gangster Movies Based on Real Life Events
- In the spirit of Valentine's Day Alex writes beautiful piece about 11 Film Couples That Have Stayed With Him
- Loving Film
- Weekly Features
- Other Features
- Review Index
- Rating System
Friday, February 17, 2012
(14) + links
|By Sati.||Friday, February 17, 2012||Rambling Friday|