Friday, March 16, 2012

(18) Dark Shadows are not so Dark, clovers all around, waiting for Prometheus and Game of Thrones + links

By Sati. Friday, March 16, 2012 ,
Dark Shadows trailer
  • The season premiere of South Park was awesome. There was one bit there that was absolutely gross and completely hilarious - just classic South Park
  • I'm so ridiculously excited about "Game of Thrones" coming back. Natalie Dormer, the best Anne Boleyn ever, is joining the cast. This is going to be amazing.
  • I saw "Alien vs Predator Requiem" this week. I don't know why I did that to myself. I'm all for gore, but the scene with the babies and the pregnant woman was a bit too much, even for me.
  • New trailer for "Prometheus" is about to hit the web. When it happens, I will get nothing done 'cause I'll be watching it frame by frame, analyzing it. I'm so excited for this movie, it better not be PG-13.
  • It's really not good that St. Patrick's Day and Prometheus trailer are at the same day. I should be learning. I've got one test failed, one I didn't take yet and another one scheduled on Wednesday. So on Wednesday I have three of those. Ah, crap.But I'm also going to meet my new puppy on that day so even if all of three tests go awful it will be a happy day.
  • St. Patrick's day is tomorrow. I love it so much, I'm preparing a little bit of a special thing for the blog, so check it out. I played a lot with clover stickers as you can see on the picture above. There will be a lot of clovers around here tomorrow. 
  • "Dark Shadows" trailer hit the web yesterday and along with it tumblr turned into lovefest for Eva Green. I'm so happy - she is such a talented actress, one of my favorites really and maybe this will be the boost her career desperately needs - she either choses stuff that is just too obscure ("Womb"), too unlucky ("Perfect Sense") or even more unlucky ("Golden Compass"). She is the perfect woman - amazing eyes, gorgeous figure and she smokes cigarettes. And she is the most interesting James Bond's girlfriend in history. That moment in trailer when she says "Burn, baby, burn!" has gotta be one of the hottest things I've seen lately. I've been saying Green should star in Burton's movie for years now. On the other hand I also said "Alice in Wonderland" is a dream material for him and we all know how this one turned out. Let's just hope this is going to go better.
Eva Green and Johnny Depp in "Dark Shadows"
  • I saw "Game Change" with Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin. I didn't even know that movie was made, until the imdb exploded with comments about it last Monday. The movie was really amazing and it's a shame it wasn't a theatrical release - it's an embarrassment for the Academy Moore doesn't have an Oscar.
  • There were few things that made me go "awww" this week:

- Uggie being invited to the White House
- This gif of Jean Dujardin from "Un Gars, Une Fille". If you guys know french, definitely check this show out, it's hilarious. There is this bit where he does striptease...in the laundry room. I nearly died.
- and then there is this:

Links:

10 comments:

  1. Thanks again for linking, very kind of you. I don't know how to repay the favour, I guess I'll leave a couple of comments here ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link...

    Eva Green is quite underrated. She hasn't had much luck but I hope this film will boost her career. She looks like she's having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she really loves playing vilains! I like that it looks her and Depp have good chemistry here, with Depp it doesn't happen often.

      Delete
  3. First of all, I love Game Of Thrones and I can't wait for it to come back on screen! :) also, I share the love for Natalie Dormer (The Tudors is one of my favorite shows)
    Second of all, the Dark Shadows trailer looks hilarious- dark at the beginning, then turns into a silly, entertaining movie. I like it, definitely somenthing new and I want to see it!
    Third of all, thanks for the links, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love The Tudors so much, she was just amazing in this show. And how hot is Henry Cavill? :D
      I like that DS seems to be intentionally campy, unlike Alice which I think they wanted to be a fairytale yet the CGI was so cartoonish my eyes hurt in the theatre.
      And you are welcome! :)

      Delete
  4. First - thanks for the links. I appreciate them very much. Second, I felt Game of Thrones was the best TV show there was in 2011 and I'm eagerly awaiting it coming back, too. Third, I saw the Dark Shadows trailer and was surprised that it made me interested in the film. Of course, that's what trailers are supposed to do, so it was effective. I first saw Eva Green in what I still consider her best performance, although not best film - The Dreamers. Her re-creation of the Venus de Milo is forever branded in my brain. Also, if you like seeing her smoke then you'll probably love the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like The Dreamers a lot, Eva was indeed amazing in it. I haven't seen a bad performance from her, she is incredibly captivating and I'm excited because it looks like Dark Shadows may be her first effort in comedy and from the looks of it she seems to be handling it very well.

      Delete
  5. Every time I see Eva Green now I always think about how sad it is that so few people have seen Perfect Sense. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a terrific movie and it's quite weird it's not more popular, McGregor is well known and sci fi movies about end of the world are usually quite popular

      Delete