Friday, March 30, 2012

(20) Mad Men, sheeps and rainbows vs Fincher and Fassy's microphone troubles + links

By Sati. Friday, March 30, 2012
Jean Dujardin being superhot in "Les Infidels"
  •  I'm so pissed off at how movies are released. "The Hunger Games" hits the same week everywhere, but I will actually have to wait for "Prometheus". And "Les Infidels" doesn't even have release dates in many countries. This is just cruel. I want to see Jean's naked butt on a gigantic screen and people are making me wait. Torture.
  • Speaking of "Prometheus" - there is a huge article about it in new issue of Empire and in it Ridley Scott says how annoyed he is with people on the Internet analyzing every step of marketing campaign for the film.As one of this people, I ask - why? The fact there are so many people whose creativity is seriously increased by all of this teasing and all of those trailers only means how excited they are for the movie. Empire article, as great as it was, kinda hints there will be Alien in the end of the film, which first of all, they can't know as 8 final minutes of the movie are held in secrecy and these are the minutes that will tie "Prometheus" to "Alien", second of all has a small chance of happening and third of all when it doesn't happen people who only read that article and nothing else concerning the movie will come on imdb an go "where was the Alien?". Although, to be honest,  this would be better then thousands of "what is going to be the rating?" threads that we have there now.
  • How many of you are excited Mad Men is back? Between Megan singing what is now one of the most popular songs on itunes, Joan being even more curvy and the lack of Betty we also had plenty of great Roger moments.
  • And this Sunday Game of Thrones is back, finally!
  • News broke out this week there will be new movie about Judy Garland, starring Anne Hathaway with Darren Aronofsky on director's seat. Aronofsky quickly denied the rumours, but the movie is probably still happening. I have to say him directing this would not be a bad idea. With Garland's problematic life he would be able to still be in his comfort zone.
  • Check out the only object in the world that is turned off by the presence of Michael Fassbender.
  •  The more I hear the stuff David Fincher says on "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" special Bu Ray features, the more I love him - 1, 2
  • I'm not gonna bitch anymore about Moretz being new Carrie. This outrage is better treated with silence. In which I'm quietly judging people who made that decision.
  • Teaser for "Breaking Dawn part 2" is out. It's so stupid, but I'm still gonna watch it because let's face it these movies make for a hell of a drinking game. Shots of woods, drink! Bella's mouth are open, drink! Edward stares intensely at stuff, drink! You're hammered after 20 minutes.
  • I love new Lana Del Ray's video. It kinda reminds me of Chris Isaak's legendary video and in my opinion, hottest song ever, "Wicked Game":
Links:

22 comments:

  1. A movie about Judy Garland. That I would like to see. But it seems Hollywood is following a trend here. This year, the animation "Dorothy Of Oz" will be released. Next year, Sam Raimi will release his "Oz: The Great And Powerful". While I think last year there was a TV mini-series called "The Witches Of Oz". Coincidence? I think not!

    Anyway, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a lot of Oz themed movies happening right now. I love biopics so I'm excited about this one, although I'm still hoping someone will do decent Jaqueline Kennedy or Grace Kelly biopic.

      Delete
  2. Love that Mad Men poster. Also, happy about the lack of Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, January Jones annoys the hell out of me.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link!
    I really need to finish watching Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome it's a wonderful article you wrote! Yeah, it's an amazing, very stylish series.

      Delete
  4. Oh and, I want to marry Fincher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd marry him just for the stuff he says :D

      Delete
  5. Nice bullet pointed rant! You make some valid points, especially about release dates... I mean how long did the UK have to wait for The Muppets?

    Thanks for the kind link my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if all the releases would happen at the same time it would be the best solution, less internet piracy, less spoilers, all would be better.
      You're welcome!

      Delete
  6. At least you've seen The Artist.

    Oh, I love David Fincher. I can't wait to get my hands on the Dragon Tattoo DVD so I can see everything he says!

    I could go for Aronofsky directing a Judy Garland biopic. They should make a Vivien Leigh one, too. Her story was very interesting (trust me, I've read five biographies on her).

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      They definetly should make a movie about Leigh, perhaps with Cate Blanchett playing her? I was very disappointed how they handled her character in My Week with Marilyn.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the link :)
    Game of Thrones- yeeeeey, I can't wait to see it!
    I love the Blue Jeans video, too, and I'm with you on Wicked Game, fantastic song and video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's definetly my favorite video of hers although all of them are lovely. You're welcome!

      Delete
  8. I like Chloe Moretz but the whole idea of remaking Carrie is terrible. Just... hands off the classic movies!

    I'm (almost) always out of touch with casting news and stuff, so that's an interesting piece of information about Judy Garland's biopic. It seems that they all got this whim to make biography movies anout film stars. And I like that.

    I'm crazy about Prometheus, I can't wait to see it on the big screen! But if I'm not mistaken, it still doesn't have a release date in my country. So it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Prometheus will have realese date everywhere soon, there is a lot of markething happening for this movie so studio will probably want to release it everywhere as soon as they can.

      Yes, the idea of remaking classic movies, especially as good as Carrie is just ridicilous. If they think they can make it better than De Palma they must be insane.

      Delete
  9. That drinking game you mention could be a lot of fun! maybe try it during A Dangerous Method when Keira makes that face ( :

    Wicked game is amazing, particularly when it was used in Lynch's Wild at heart. I used to mishear the lyric."I don't want to fall in love",I thought he sang "I want to fall in love", kind of turns the song on its head!

    I hadn't seen that new music video, love Blue Jeans. Born to Die and Video games are really good too, of the lesser played "non-singles" from the album, I enjoyed Million Dollar Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would make ADM far more bearable :)

      I love all the singles and most of the songs from the album, "Million Dollar Man" is awesome, but I love "Summertime Sadness" the most apart from singles.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the link, and sorry for taking so long to read the post. I've been trying to get my house ready for hosting my extended family for Easter.

    Game of Thrones is the show I was really waiting to see.

    I tried watching Mad Men, but the particular episode I watched must have been directed by a smoking fetishist. Every other shot was a character lovingly taking a drag off a cigarette, closeups of ashes being tapped into ashtrays, shots of the smoke swirling away, etc. After a while it became too much and I shut it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, I'm not hosting easter but I have my hands filled with work, cleaning and everything so I can imagine how much work it must be if one has guests.

      Oh yeah, they used a lot of smoking in previous seasons, for me it was impossible to watch a show without smoking.

      Delete
  11. Just found your blog and I like it a lot. I like the way you write. I also love Jean Dujardin as much as you seem to do, lol. And yes, watching his butt in a big screen is worth the wait. He is so hot he might burn the screen. Oh my.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's always a pleasure to meet fellow fan of Jean hotness! :)

      Delete