Sunday, May 6, 2012

Extended Preview and TV spot for "Snow White and the Huntsman"

By s. Sunday, May 6, 2012 ,
Searching the youtube today I found some great promo materials for Snow White and the Huntsman, where we get to see more of the footage than we did in the trailers. The movie is a new version of the classic fairytale about Snow White (Kristen Stewart) who wakes the wrath of evil Queen (Charlize Theron) by being more beautiful than she is. The queen sends the Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) after her to kill her.

While I'm pretty sure the magic forest sequence may cause me to puke on the children sitting in the row in front of me, the film looks pretty great and Charlize Theron was a fantastic choice for the part of the Queen, in spite of the fact that it's pretty hard to believe she could be envious of anyone.

14 comments:

  1. It's kinda hard to believe Kristen Stewart in a magical forrest with lots of creatures like that....but I am looking forward to seeing Charlize get her evil on!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how she looks in reality without all the magic and princesses' hearts. I hope it will be scary!

      Delete
  2. This looks badass. Plus, Charlize Theron... oh, she will fuckin' rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what version of glas coffin we will see here. It's one of my favorite elements from the story. I wonder if Theron is really carrying the movie or if they just focused the marketing on her.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to see this purely for Theron but not sure if I'll catch it in the cinema despite it looking very visually striking. Then again, as it's Universal, if I don't see it on the big screen, I may not get to see it if this stupid dispute with Lovefilm goes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna go to the cinema because of all the blockbusters this summer this looks like something that is not going to give me a headache with explosions and buildings collapsing. Though I'm pretty sure I will lose my hearing during Prometheus.

      Delete
  4. Charlize is the main draw for me in seeing this one. I'm sure she will outshine Kristen in every possible way, ahah. Nice to see Hemsworth in a 'Thor-ish' role here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but to be fair she has much juicer role :)

      Delete
  5. Ignoring KStew, I think this will be a bit of a sleeper hit of the summer. Looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, but this releasing so close to Prometheus may create some difficulty.

      Delete
  6. This is looking quite good, innit?

    The visuals rock and it looks action looks intense. So I may be catching this one in the cinemas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I really can't wait to see it :) All the snow sequences are stunning.

      Delete
  7. I always thought this was Snow White's story, but it looks to be about the Queen, at least that's the impression I got from the latest trailer! I will definitely try to catch it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailers and posters are quite confusing - some of them focus on Kristen, some on Charlize. I think it's mostly about Snow White, though, but if it's the other way around it's even better :)

      Delete