Saturday, July 28, 2012

(37) I was so wrong... + links

By Sati. Saturday, July 28, 2012

  • I finished watching the first season of Veep this week and it actually turned out to be funny. It's not nearly as funny as The Thick of It but it was great to see Buster from Arrested Development in it.
  • Last Saturday I saw Prometheus again and there were two trailers that were awesome - first The Bourne Legacy - I had no idea Norton and Rachel Weisz are in it. Looks great. Also it was the first time when I saw superb third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises on the big screen. The mix of the epic scenes, perfect timing and fantastic "Legendary" by Hans Zimmer in the background really sent chills down my spine. So much that I'm seeing the film in few hours in most likely completely packed cinema but hey I had a tough week so I deserve movie time in theatre. EDIT: By now those of you on twitter know exactly how much I loved it. I'll post my review on Sunday, but man, when Bruce was climbing out the pit and "Why do we fall?" played in the background I had a tiny orgasm. And Anne Hathaway. Holy crap, she was amazing. Also when Gustav sees dogs on the horizon he runs towards them and he occasionally pees while he is running because he is so happy. Had I been a yorkie I'd pee during the last 50 seconds of that brilliant ending.I was certain this film will suck. I was wrong. I was so wrong.
  • Also how can people be possibly whining about Zimmer's score? Why do we Fall?, Imagine the Fire, Rise, The End, Mind if I Cut in....brilliant, brilliant stuff.
  • The tough week has to do with the fact I spent 6h each day during my legal training which is bloody tiring work. Writing indictment acts, reading hundreds of pages in search of data, trying to type in the right number when I'm faxing the evidence to police stations..but it's cool. I'm learning a lot and as I plan to do that in the future this one of the very few things during my studies that is actually useful to me.
  • Seeing Prometheus again was awesome. Idris Elba steering the ship in 3D and saying "yeah, baby, yeah" as they landed was soooo good.
  • Speaking of just when I though he can't get any better I found this. 

  • Not only is he charismatic, handsome and super hot. He is kinky too.
  • Too bad he doesn't star in better films though. I saw Unborn this week and it was utter shit. He was playing a priest which was messing up with my head because even if I'm not a catholic I feel weird mentally undressing a priest. Gary Oldman was there too as a rabbi, blowing animal horn and doing exorcisms with Elba. It was surreal and not in a good way. I mean it was worse than Prom Night and that's saying something.
  • I also rewatched Rock'n'Rolla and I cannot believe I didn't remember him in this movie. The dialogue him and Gerard Butler have about Tom Hardy's character being gay was fantastic. Also gotta love the hat he wears when he is driving the motorcycle. Rock'n'Rolla is probably the last 'old style" Ritchie movie he did before he lost himself in slow motion fever.
  • I also saw Savages which wasn't bad but was painfully mediocre. Come to think of it the only thing in the movie I really enjoyed was Salma Hayek's performance. I expected braver movie from Stone - the violence and sex were tame and the film wasn't even funny. The ending was just horrid. Still, it's better than Stone's recent shitty films.
  • Lana Del Rey has released new exquisite video for Summertime Sadness featuring herself and lovely Jaime King. It's truly beautiful and I love the song.
  • The biggest news this week is of course Kristen Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson with SWATH's director Rupert Sanders, 19 years her senior, married with two kids. Stewart has really poor taste in men it seems, but what is baffling to me is that the people hate on her  for cheating, yet shouldn't the married man who betrayed his wife get more hate? Also I'm fairly certain Stewart and Pattinson relationship is fake. Not that I care, but they really don't appear to have much chemistry. The most disgusting thing though is that the photographer followed Sanders and Stewart and waited for something to happen. He was essentially stalking them and taking pictures. That's gross.
  • What is up with twitter lately? Sometimes it doesn't work for half of day. It's not working now too.
  • This week Gustav has taken jumping on my bed to the new level. How? He kicked me off my own pillow and slept on it
links:
  • First of all a gigantic thank you to wonderful Sofia of FilmFlare for helping me out with creating drop down menu! Check her blog now not only is the design gorgeous her reviews are fantastic!
  • Jaina and ruth review The Dark Knight Rises which they loved
  • m.brown didn't love TDKR and his review is as always fantastic
  • Alex shares his 10 most memorable movie experiences in beautifully written article.
  • Andina reviews Salmon Fishing in Yemen, which despite being forgettable is worth watching for anyone who likes McGregor and Blunt

38 comments:

  1. Poor Leo.
    Glad you loved TDKR. Anne Hathaway and that score were amazing.
    Idris Elba is sexy. After Fassy, I want him to be James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those two would make for a fine Bond! Hathaway was sooo good and I keep listening to the score on repeat.

      Delete
  2. Sooooo glad that you loved The Dark Knight Rises! It was pretty 'whoa', wasn't it? I really want to see it again!

    Ugh, that K-Stew thing. So sick of hearing about it.

    Oh Gustav, you're so cute! My dog likes to take up my entire bed. If I'm not in bed at the right time he takes my side of the bed and refuses to move.

    And bless that last picture! Poor Leo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I think I may even go see it in the theatre again.

      Yeah Gustav didn't want to move either, I had to carry him to his bed in the kitchen :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Lana del Rey (I'm never tired of saying that name) and another one of her perfect videos... ahah that inception meme is flawless.

    Stewart did WHAT? R-Patz and K-Stew are MY LIFE, nooooHOOOE....

    Hey, thanks for the link! But on my screen your dropdown is vertical, is that how it is supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her videos are absolutely amazing, I adore that retro-romantic feel they have.

      Haha, yeah it is so messed up, but sometimes I feel sorry for celebrities they are basically being stalked for some dudes with cameras.

      Is it hoizontal now? I'm still working on the code.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the creepiest thing is definitely that she was being watched and... gosh, I couldn't care less about what she does with her life.

      It's horizontal now. That post title font is seriously awesome.

      Delete
    3. Oh awesome, glad the code finally worked :) The font is Megrim, found it at Google web fonts, there is quite a lot of great fonts there though i wish there was an easy way to implement custom font on blogger.

      Delete
  4. That Elba clip was hilarious. Did you finish The Wire already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious and hot :) Love his accent.

      I'm still on season 3, took a little break to catch up with movies but will try to finish it next week.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I adore Leo's expression in that scene it makes for funniest memes :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you loved The Dark Knight Rises. That ending is amazing. The film just keeps getting better the more I think about it.

    Twitter has been acting up for me as well lately. :(

    And that Inception conversation is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, what a bloody fantastic film. Everything was so awesome.

      Yeah I think it's their fault, something is really messing their servers

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, my friend and I were joking about how Leo was the only Inception cast member who wasn't in any of the Batman films. We kept joking that maybe he's in there as a background extra for two seconds. Poor Leo...

    Gustav just keeps getting more adorable!

    Your Idris Elba fever is spreading. I feel like I want to watch all his films now :P

    I am so looking forward to the premier of Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 now - just for the awkwardness that Stewart has now caused! Silly girl....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, though I'm very happy he wasn't in Batman movies I don't think he would be a good fit.

      He does and he is getting more rebelious too! :)

      Well, they are worth seeing for him, but the movies...how do I say it diplomatically. Apart from Prometheus and TV series The Wire and Luther...his choices were not too good :)

      Yeah, she is usually awkward I don't know how she will behave now, this will be completelly new level of nervousness.

      Delete
  8. Love that bit between Leo and Cillian. Leo really got snubbed for the Batman movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem odd he wasn't cast, maybe he had a fight with Nolan or something. Thugh on the other hand I can't imagine whom he could play in these films.

      Delete
  9. Soooo glad that you liked TDKR, you have no idea.

    Oh, Gustav, little cheat. Pets always kick people off their places. I had a cat, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, really loved it! Writing review now- it is insanely long. Though I didn't understand two things, hope people will explain them to me when I post the review :)

      It's so crazy that a little yorkie managed to do that. He sneaked next to me and then gradually pushed me off :)

      Delete
  10. Love those fake screenshots from Inception, and thanks for summertime sadness link

    Looking forward to your review of The Dark Knight Rises, glad you loved it, despite not being a big fan of Inception

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did! The third act was so strong here and I didn't think that of Inception. Also all the characters were really great.

      Delete
  11. I can't believe you're linking to my silly review of TDKR.
    Especially considering you loved it!!!

    This is madness! :)
    But thanks, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not silly it's awesome! I'm always linking awesome reviews here :)

      Delete
  12. 1. Good luck with your legal training, I am sure it will useful
    2. Move on Jean Dujardin, Idris Elba is in Sati's town :)) BTW, I loved Rock'n Rolla, especially Tom Hardy
    3. That Leo&Cillian photoset always gets to me, it's so funny!
    4. I'm going to say it again- I usually don't like animals but, damn, Gustav is one adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah only 5 more days but it's pretty cool there, since it's basically me doing their work for free they are super nice to me :)

      Haha, Jean would still get sweet lovin' from me...but if Idris really was in my town... :P

      He really is, we have heat wave here so he is lying down on the ground when I walk him and refuses to move :)

      Delete
  13. Haha, that's a great Inception image at the bottom. Good stuff.

    Have a great weekend, Sati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those memes always make me laugh :) Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the linkage, Sati!

    Don't know what to say about Stewart and Sanders. I thought when I saw Snow White that she was a bit of out of place (because of her acting) than other cast. And she is the lead. Something did felt wrong. Anyhow, you'd expect something like this would happen in celebrity world. It's going to happen somehow. I remembered it just like Justin-Britney phase.

    LOL yeah TDKR feels like an Inception reunion. Nolan have some favorite actors I suppose? Shame that Cillian only appeared for 2 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The messed up thing is that she was picked for the role but this guy's wife :)

      Delete
  15. My dogs are so much like Gustav. They would kick me out of bed altogether if they could. I agree with you about the Kristen Stewart thing. Why does the woman get the lions share of the hate? These double standards are getting so old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the dogs appear to really feel welcomed in our houses so much so they want to take over our things :)

      I don't get it either. The woman is a considered a slut, but the guy is probably getting high fives for nailing a 20 year old.

      Delete
  16. Funny Inception meme. Prometheus was so badass. I did not know it was horror going in and was even more scared. And Veep and Girls were both great new TV shows, (I also actually enjoy Anger Management, yes I know its pathetic).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of Prometheus especially creeped me out it was so distrubing.

      I haven't seen Girls yet, Anger Management is something I should probably check out just to see how Sheen is doing :)

      Delete
  17. Thanks for the link love, Sati! Oh, I'm glad you rewatched RocknRolla! Hardy is amazing here isn't he and sooooo adorable!! Yeah, all the scenes of him and Gerry are such a hoot, I mean that slow dance!! I LOVE how he fits perfectly in Gerry's embrace, ha..ha.. I heard in interviews w/ Hardy that he said Gerry was quite gentle w/ him, ahah. I wish Gerry and Idris would do another movie together again, they're both sooo awesome in Rocknrolla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      He was so cute, him and Butler had such funny scenes, I loved whenever Butler was freaking out about Hardy's character being gay. Those two and Idris really created fun trio, I heard something a while back there was going to be the be sequel, but there was no word aobut it for quite some time now :/

      Delete
  18. Aha, I love the Leo picture at the end! Poor guy

    I love reading about your yorkie :) I'm such a sucker for dogs! I went over to my parents house the other day and their poodle sat on my newspaper when I was reading it, they really take the biscuit don't they! I don't think a dog has kicked me off my own pillow, not yet anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,you were lucky all he did was sitting on it, mine doesn't like newspapers and keeps jumping on me when I read just to bite it, initially we were chasing him with newspaper to make him stop misbehaving but I think he called our bluff and now he is having his revenge :)

      Delete