Friday, August 31, 2012

(42) Are you ready for new horror story? + links

By Sati. Friday, August 31, 2012
  • The marketing campaign for American Horror Story: Asylum really got going this week - first four creepy posters got released, then brand new teasers - which now I believe are 10 in total - and finally character photos including the first look at Jessica Lange, James Cromwell, Chloe Sevigny, Evan Peters and Joseph Fiennes. Also I hear Franka Potente is going to appear as guest star in two episodes. I really can't wait for the new season to start, the asylum run by nuns in some creepy ass forest...that's just fantastic. The series premiers on October 17. Also - check out these awesome behind the scenes photos that reveal this season's villain - Bloody Face. That is one scary make up right there.
  • I've been watching only comedies this week because I need to keep my spirits up - I'm learning the dullest, most useless shit for my exam and there is no end to learning in sight. So I saw all 4 American Pie movies with original cast - I really love those films, they may be crude and one particular scene from American Wedding really made me pause, take a breath and try not to puke, but damn, those are rare films that make me laugh out loud. The scene from American Pie 2 with Jason Biggs gluing his hands first to his penis and then to videocassette with the label Pussy Palace was hilarious.
  • I also saw Meet the Fockers which was so-so but Dustin Hoffman was really hilarious in it. Also I nearly fell off my chair when cat Jinx flushed dog  Moses in the toilet. Gustav was disgusted with my reaction to that scene.

  • Speaking of Gustav he has really taken to sleeping on our beds. This morning he jumped on my pillow and then started walking around the bed, he stopped and looked as if he was thinking about jumping on the desk. I was lying and pretending I'm sleeping observing what he does next. Fortunately, he didn't do anything, though I'd be happy if he decided to jump there and took a dump on my labor law book. Also his scarf with a skull on it and raincoat arrived. He looks so cute! At first he tried to take his raincoat off and he fell over but then he got used it. He really needs it - whenever it rains he is all wet and uses door maths and my pillow to dry himself. The pictures are a bit blurry, he was too pissed off to pose.
  • 3 good movie related news that promise a lot of hotness - Ryan Gosling is directing a movie based on his own script and he cast none other than beautiful Christina Hendricks as his lead. Michael Fassbender is in talks to join Natalie Portman in Lynne Ramsey's (We need to talk about Kevin) western. I can just picture that. Fassy in the cowboy hat with a gun. Oh my. Third news is related to Idris Elba, yummy! who said his part in Thor 2 will be bigger. Ah, happy week for fangirls indeed.
  • I don't have the time to catch up with True Blood though from what I heard the season finale was good. I gave up somewhere around fairy strip club. I do not mean the metaphorical meaning, there were literal magical fairies stripping. At that point i decided there is such a thing as too much camp.
  • There are two trailers for the films I really want to see - The Iceman with Michael Shannon and Winona Ryder and Brian De Palma's Passion with Noomi Rapace and Rachel McAdams. Both look good.

  • So how does everyone like the new look of the blog and the rating system? There are still some things I need to figure out but all in all I must say I'm quite happy with the way it looks.
  • The site is about to pass 100,000 views! Thank you everyone who visit, leave comments or just google stuff which leads them here!
  • My birthday is next week. This just sucks so bad. I need to get wasted.
links:
  • Josh, Dan and Scott review Lawless which looks like Public Enemies I may actually like. Though it has Shia Labeouf, whom I cannot stand.
  • Dave reviews Man on Fire, my favorite Tony Scott movie.
  • Alex reviews Compliance, which I may catch this week depending on the speed of my learning.
  • Nick reviews Rock'n'Rolla, fun movie from Guy Ritchie with delicious Mr. Elba in it.
  • Sam reviews Premium Rush, which brings together and odd pair of actors - sweet Joseph Gordon Levitt and supercreepy but also immensely talented Michael Shannon.
  • asrap virtuoso reviews The Possession, which appears to be a rare movie - horror film that is not completely awful.
  • Mark reviews The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, the movie I really love.
  • Vern reviews Cosmopolis which appears to be shit.
  • ruth and Ted pick best and worst Bond girls
  • Also take part in ruth's blogathon - Small roles, Big performances!
DiCaprio loses an Oscar / DiCaprio wins an Oscar

34 comments:

  1. Hoffman was the best part of Meet the Fockers. So hilarious!

    Gustav is just so adorable.

    I also want to see Passion and The Iceman, but the latter film looks bad from the trailer.

    Again, loving the new look and the rating system, and congrats on 100,000 views!

    Thanks for the link! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he was fantastic! I can't believe he didn't get any major nominations for his work.

      Thank you!

      Yeah, the trailers for De Palma's movies often are a bit too much, but I hope the movie will be good.

      Thank you and you're welcome!

      Delete
  2. Your dog is adorable! :D
    Congrats on passing 100,000!
    As for Fassbender, the thought of him and Portman working together just makes me jump with excitement.

    Ps - Ryan Gosling working with Hendricks together just screams awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yeah, Portman in western is an awesome idea, loved her in Cold Mountain and her part in this was kinda like something you may see in a western movie, really loved her holding that shotgun.

      I can't wait for this, hope it will be good.

      Delete
  3. Damn! Those posters for American Horror Story are awesome. Never seen the show though. Might want to catch the season premier to see what's it about.

    The Iceman looks extremely good. MIchael Shannon has always impressed me while I used to have a crush on Winona, so I'll definitely be check that out.

    Thanks for the link. I haven't seen much horror films so I could be wrong. The blog looks awesome and Happy Birthday in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those posters, really creepy! Season 2 is separate story but you should check out season 1 it was fantastic.

      I'm definetly looking forward to the Iceman, Shannon never disappoints and I love Winona too.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the LINK Sati!!

    Another great looking post by the way. you have a real talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. And congrats for going past 100K views

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it only gets more views and faster :)

      Delete
  6. Gustav is such an amazing little thing!

    LOL at the DiCaprio/Oscar gifs. What will happen when he finally gets an Oscar? Just the mere thought that there won't be anymore pictures like this is hearbreaking (just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      He may not get one soon, I hear the production of Django is a mess :/

      Delete
  7. I didn't know about The Iceman, W Ryder movies are very mixed these days, so I don't know...M Shannon behaves like Patrick Bateman at 0.24 of trailer!
    Did you see "creepy" Shannon at independent spirit awards, at 9.10 of clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8yFsle6l4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I feel bad about the label creepy being attached to him, he seems like a nice person. But he plays those creepy people so well...

      Delete
    2. I agree, just because he looks creepy, doesn't mean he is creepy :)

      Delete
  8. Your Gustav updates are always a highlight of my week. So cute!

    Thanks for the link, I really hope you get a chance to catch that flick. Floored me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad Gustav is getting the blogging love :)

      I nearly finished my book so maybe I'll catch it tonight!

      Delete
  9. Hey, hey, hey! Thanks for the linkage Sati! Give it a shot even if it does have Shia. He's actually bearable believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'll definetly check this movie out, hope the rest of the cast will help me with not getting annoyed :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the links, dear Sati. Congrats on 100K views, you'll reach 1 million in no time, your blog is phenomenal!

    Ahah, that dog-flushing scene is hilarious!! I LOVE Gustav, what a cute name for a cute dog, so adorable!!

    Of course your GIFs are entertaining, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much!

      I really couldn't stop laughing at that, gave the movie whole extra star for that scene alone :)

      Delete
  11. The flushing scene from Meet the Fockers was even funnier because it was a call back to the first movie where the cat got blamed for a flushed toilet that caused havoc, when he didn't really flush it.

    And as I say to anyone who is bothered by having another birthday - "it beats the alternative."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember that cat in first movie, it was pretty fun comedy too.

      Touche! :)

      Delete
  12. Haha what movie is the DiCaprio GIF from? Loved this segment as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from trailers for Django Unchained :)

      Delete
  13. Glad to see some love for American Pie 2 and Meet the Fockers! Both great comedies. Mind you, American Reunion was rubbish and I still can't bring myself to watch Little Fockers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like these two! You didn't like American Reunion? I liked it a lot actually, it was fun and overall I found it to be much better than 3rd movie - I don't consider films 4-7 without original cast really a part of the series.

      Delete
  14. 100K Pageviews, Congrats!

    Also nice work as always on the design. I love the new rollovers in the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ma'am, thanks for the linkage! Much obliged.

    I, too, am looking forward to American Horror Story: Asylum. I didn't quite love season 1, but liked it enough to give season 2 a shot, especially since it's a "fresh" start.

    Site's looking great as ever, Sati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Yeah I can't wait - whole new setting, characters and story and yet we will still get Lange, this is awesome.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  16. Congrats on 100K pageviews, Sati. You deserve so many more. I don't know how you manage to have such a visually impressive blog with Blogspot of all things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah blogger is annoying, I spend most of the time doing coding just to replace or hide the default hideous elements of the layout they offer.

      Delete
  17. Congrats on the 100.000 views, that's very impressive! Also, I love the new look and rating system, and the Related Posts thing- everything looks amazing!
    I have to start American Horror Story soon, but first I have Downton Abbey and Breaking Bad in line :)

    ReplyDelete