Friday, September 14, 2012

(44) You're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. + links

By Sati. Friday, September 14, 2012
  • Several of Prometheus deleted scenes leaked and they are awesome. I really wish they included some of those in the movie - there is a scene where Fifield and that other dude find shed skin and one quick scene where Vickers calls David "tin can". There are also alternate takes on the scene where Janek is decorating Christmas tree and Vickers talking with Weyland - especially the latter is amazing, while I did enjoy the scene in the movie that deleted scene was really fantastic. Can't wait to see more, especially Final Battle, Paradise and obviously Janek fills Vickers in... :)
  • I passed my exam. This is just shocking. I got really lucky because I managed to pick the piece of paper that had questions I knew answers to and even managed to answer additional questions right. Normally I'd be really, really relieved that I don't have to learn this shit again any time soon, unfortunately it is almost the time for me to attempt to pass the bar exam and God one knows what shit I have to learn for this one.
  • The only first time viewing for me this week was Compliance, I was mostly rewatching films including Superbad, Pulp Fiction and True Romance. True Romance was terrific, in spite of having Christian Slater in it. Loved all the individual scenes some of the actors had especially the interrogation one with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper and all the moments we saw  Tom Sizemore in who is always so awesome playing the cop. Also if you want to survive you should just do what Brad Pitt's Floyd did - get stoned and tell the gangsters everything they want to know. Tarantino really has a talent for writing female characters by the way - Alabama was amazing, so cute, sexy and her outfits were fantastic. And that scene with her and James Gandolfini - woah! I remember not liking the movie too much first time I saw it and now I simply fell in love with it. Also those sex scenes - wow! Who knew Tarantino can write romance so well.
  • Look at all those fucks I don't give about Lincoln and Steven Spielberg! Look!
  • The Thick of It season 4 premiere was really good in spite of lack of Malcolm Tucker who is fortunately returning this week. Can't wait! My favorite lines out of 4x01 were definitely - I wish your phone had an app that would sent Stewart a dead cat and Drinking champagne in the middle of recession? Who do you think you are?! P. Diddy?! Love the usual dynamics between Stewart and Peter so much!
  • I seriously can't wait to see what new offensive nickname Malcolm will give to Ollie next episode.
  • I started Justified. So far it's so-so but I heard it only gets better.
  • I have 3 major posts to write, hope I'll manage to do so - one big Saturday TV Special, special Screaming Sunday and new Visual Parallels post.
  • Seven Psychopaths viral campaign is genius, check this out:
Plus make sure you visit his ridiculously cute tumblr and twitter page.
links:
  • Check out Alex Thomas's Best of 2012 so far
  • Courtney wrote excellent review for my most anticipated movie of the year - Killer Joe
  • Diana reviews Lawless, which I'll definitely catch once it's on DVD
  • Josh choses 10 worst Best Picture winners
  • Dave wrote about one of my favorite movies of the year, Game Change.
  • Sofia reminds us about ridiculous and awesome Scarface
  • Alex wrote terrific article about Quentin Tarantino's brilliant use of silence in his films.
  • Sam reviews The Paperboy, which I can't wait to see.
  • ruth checks out what is happening with 10 notable foreign actors
  • Mark reviews insanely entertaining The Cabin in the Woods
  • Andina looks at memorable movie scenes with pools
  • m.brown reviews charming Bernie

34 comments:

  1. HOORAY you passed!!! Congrats, and (unfortunately so soon) good luck with the next one. oh god I knew about Costello, it's genius, and sooo cute.

    I don't know who's coolest - RDJ for leaving jars of pee on Fincher's set, or Fincher for being so amused by what RDJ did.

    thanks for the link Sati, and work on those posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think it may be RDJ's thing to do stuff like that - one time he defecated in co-star's trailer :))))

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. Oh my God, that Seven psychopaths viral campaign is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the film will be just as funny!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on passing your exam! Congratulations on loving the hell out of True Romance! Both deserve equal praise in my eyes. :-)

    You don't give a fuck about Lincoln? No disrespect to you, ma'am, but... What the hell is wrong with you?! :-)

    Seven Psychopaths cannot come any sooner!!!

    Thanks for the linkage, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Spielberg haven't done a good movie in a llong, long time and that trailer was just...awful to put it midly.

      I can't wait for the Seven Psychopaths, hope it won't disappoint!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on passing the exam! I have seen bits of The Thick of It and it is quite telling wrt the whole truth and power dynamic, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love the new season, it's such a funny and clever show.

      Delete
  5. I normally can't stand Christian Slater, but I thought he was great in that role. And I would've loved to have seen a movie devoted to Tom Sizemore's and Chris Penn's cop characters. They're a great team, and they kind of resemble each other.

    Lincoln does look awful, but the Seven Psychopaths viral campaign is awesome.

    Once again, congrats on passing your exam, and thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be a terrific film! Sizemore should really work with Tarantino's script more often he is amazing in that stuff.

      Thank you and you're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Seven Psychopaths <3
    Fincher <3 <3
    RDJ <3 <3 <3
    ALABAMA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! :) Alabama should be in more of Tarantino's scripts, shame we didn't see more of her.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It sure does, can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on passing the exam! Looking forward to the new Visual Parallels post! Love that Seven Psychopaths poster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The post should be up tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on passing your exam. I'm also looking forward to the new Visual Parallels posts. I know there's some stiff competition on your shout out lists, but what kind of posts are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You mean the posts I link? i just look at the stuff that I read during the week and link the posts I enjoyed the most.

      Delete
  10. Oh man, I always love your links post- every time is so good :)
    1.thanks for the link, you are a sweetheart, as usual
    2.you keep putting so many funny gifs and quotes of The Thick of It and I always say I have to watch, but i keep forgetting :(
    3.what movie was Fincher talking about? was it Zodiac?
    4.oh, i love ingenious marketing campaigns- that one is so cool
    5.yey, congrats for passing the exam
    6.not really eager to see Lincoln, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're very welcome for the link!

      You should definetly see the Thick of It, it's the funniest thing I ever seen.

      Yep, that was Zodiac :) Seems like they had a lot of fun on the set of this one :)

      Delete
  11. Seven Psychopaths - I will be sorely disappointed and surprised if it turns out shit. That poster had me LOL-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link love, dahling! I'm not all that enthusiastic about Lincoln either, so you're not alone :) Ooooh that is a brilliant viral campaign on Seven Psychopaths! Ha..ha.. that is indeed a memorable scene from Side by Side doc about RDJ and his urine jar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yeah,t hat trailer was horrible, wasn't it?
      RDJ is all kinds of quirky and fun it must be a blast to work with him :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats on passing your exams Sati! Always a big relief when that happens :) Loving the Seven Psychopaths campaign so far, hope they keep it up and the movie rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the film is at the very least as creative and fun as this campaign :)

      Delete
  14. Nawww thanks for the link love!!

    Extra Prometheus scenes? Sweeet. I can't wait for these. The more I think about that movie the more I liked it.

    And grats on the exam passing :) Always a relief. I don't miss exams at all haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so far those deleted scenes make the movie even better! I hope it will get Director's Cut released one day.

      Oh I can only imagine, can't wait to have all of those behind me.

      Delete
  15. I thought I already comment here. But anyways, congrats for passing the exam. And thanks for the link! I am curious with the deleted scenes, but I don't think I'll buy the dvd. Hopefully someone will put it on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but your comments are in spam folder sometimes, not always, just sometimes. It's really weird, I hate blogger when soemthing like this happens!

      I'm sure they will be up on the internet soon, especially since the film was relesed on Itunes along with bonus features today.

      Delete
  16. Glad you had a chance to check out Compliance (I'm about to read your review in full), and thanks so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad I saw it, great film! You're welcome! :)

      Delete