Saturday, October 6, 2012

(47) It's all in the game + links

By Sati. Saturday, October 6, 2012

  • Lena Headey had her 39th birthday this week. I still cannot believe she didn't receive Emmy nomination for her Cersei. If I were to chose between her work and Jessica Lange's in American Horror Story I honestly don't know who I'd pick. Also I started reading a bit about season 3 of Game of Thrones and not only Ramsey Snow was finally cast which means he will definitely be part of the season but also season 3 will feature my favorite moment from the book, which is incidentally something that as soon as this episode airs will be the single most shocking thing people ever saw on HBO. I've also started to rewatch the series because I needed to chose my favorite scene. It turned out to be pretty hard to chose just one. On the side not - it's embarrassing how fucking slow I am: It has only now occurred to me that Aidan Gillen, who plays Baelish on Thrones played Carcetti in the Wire.
  • Instead of watching The Wire season 5, I'm rewatching The Wire season 1. Why? Because Luther season 3 isn't airing any time soon and I'm starting to doubt Pacific Rim even exists - where the hell is that trailer?
  • I don't enjoy shopping. I'm not one of those girls who has plenty of shoes and bags and spends hours walking around looking at stuff. I walk in the store, I take a quick glance and I leave unless I really like something. But what I did yesterday can only be called "treat yourself" day (Those of you who watch Parks and Rec know what I mean). I practically raided H&M, since Lana Del Rey's collection was there. Initially I wanted to buy the sweater she has on in Blue Velvet video, but I looked like dead bunny in that, so I chose something that was the same color but made out of slightly different fabric. Once I was done spending money there of course I had to continue buy more stuff which I thought will go well with the clothes. I spent so much money yesterday it's crazy. And yet again I bought another pair of earrings - it's like the sickness, whenever I shop, I just have to buy new earrings.
  • It's October so I'm sick. It's just wonderful to wake up with your sinuses backed up and your head feeling as if it's exploding on the day you see Looper, which I imagine will be really loud.

  • Gustav has officially taken over the house. He has made a dining room out of one couch and napping center of another. Also one time he jumped on my pillow at 6 AM and the light from the car in parking lot hit my window and reflected on the ceiling. When he saw that he started to bark and growl (which almost gave me a heart attack) as if it was an alien ship approaching the place. It happened few days ago and whenever he is my room now he looks at the ceiling suspiciously.
  • Let's take a look at Bonny again. I'm almost hoping the film will get Oscar nominations only so she could walk the red carpet! Someone should introduce her to Uggie.
  • My classes started yesterday. I had two lectures and one of those was lead by a guy who appears to genuinely like what he is teaching. That's a first in 5 years. I think the only people who should teach are those who do that because they want, not because they are paid to. People like that can give lectures that you instantly remember.
  • I finally caught up with my favorite talk show - Conan. I saw every show Conan every did and to this day I'm boycotting Jay Leno and I never watch Tonight Show. Simon Helberg from The Big Bang Theory was one of the guests last month and he did his amazing Nicolas Cage impression, it was so funny. Joseph Gordon Levitt was also there, promoting Looper - he is such a likable guy. My favorite guest was definitely Timothy Olyphant - I had no idea he is so funny.

  • Homeland season 2 premiere episode brought in more of terrific Claire Danes but it feels a bit less engaging than season 1. I'm not feeling this season's story.
  • Downton Abbey 3x03. Poor Edith!
  • Have you guys seen final poster for The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn part 2? It's so freaking funny. It's like Baywatch meets vampires. The only thing worse than this poster was the one for Nic Cage's Stolen.

  • Parks and Rec 5x03 was only marginally better than last week's episode. This season is really off to the bad start. They used Ron this week, unlike last one, but it felt a little off. Other than Andy's efforts to hook Ron up with Diane, there was really nothing funny going on.
  • I'm the crappiest movie fan ever. I saw no new movies this week. I'll make up for it this weekend, hopefully.
  • Cinematic Corner will be 1 year old this Tuesday. Starting tomorrow there will be very special series of posts - tommorow there will be something dealing with TV series, on Sunday - not Wednesday as usual - very special Soundtrack post and on Monday a list of my favorite performances.
  • Whenever I read reviews for Taken 2 and I read Liam Neeson is 60 years old, I still cannot believe it. He always will look 40 to me. Have you guys seen what he did on Ellen?


links:
  • Jaina and ruth review Looper, the film that I'll go see today.
  • Alex looks at the wonderful roles of the amazing Stanley Tucci
  • Mettel Ray shares third part of favorite TV characters list
  • Nick reviews horror classic Hellraiser. Watch this one, if you dare.
  • SDG reviews The Master, which I cannot wait to see
  • Stephanie wrote a great review of my beloved book - American Psycho
  • Josh reviews Detour. I love film noir so I'm probably gonna see this one soon.
  • Andina shares 10 lovely movie moments involving rain
  • Sam reviews Tim Burton's Frankenweenie which shockingly - considering Burton's recent films' quality - appears to be good.
  • Diana reviews Holy Motors which looks like a very intriguing movie.
  • Finally there is this - next to that comment by Alex - the nicest thing that happened to me in blogosphere this week - Fogs wrote about Cinematic Corner in his great Follow Fridays! series.

RELATED POSTS:

29 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a Treat Yo Self day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely :) I'm so glad there were no comic book stores anywhere near me, otherwise I'd go buy myself Harley Quinn costume :)

      Delete
  2. Jesus, that last gifset. Idris in glasses = worthy of being labeled "NSFW".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinuses getting to you too? Damn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, every autumn :/ I hope it goes away, hate whenever it happens.

      Delete
  4. A couple of random reactions to your post:

    1. I guess it takes a real man to strip down to his hot pink briefs (and beyond) on T.V. But hell, if you can't do shit like that when you're 60, what's the point of getting older?

    2. I haven't started reading the Game of Thrones series yet, but I loved the first 2 seasons of the show. The most shocking thing ever seen on HBO?? Damn! I can't wait!

    3. How long do we have to wait for Season 3 of Luther? *Sigh* Why did you have to get me addicted to that show? :-P

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, exactly! Neeson has been doing all kinds of crazy stuff on TV lately!

      Oh, absolutely. I know some people who when they got to that part while reading the book, basically throw it across the room, they were so mad and shocked.

      Summer 2013 I think :(

      Delete
  5. I had a sinus infection when I saw Looper last week. It happens.

    Congrats on your upcoming blog birthday! Can't wait for the special posts.

    Thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that terrible thing is unavoidable occurance during autumn :)

      Thank you and you're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Can't believe you've been open a year (on Tuesday)! Congrats :)

    So excited for Frankenweenie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, time really flies :)

      Me too! I hope it's going to be good, I can't take another failure made by Burton.

      Delete
  7. I haven't started reading Book 3 yet. I guess I need to, soon.
    And that gif at the end, isn't that like very 1st scene of The Wire?
    I am waiting for Luther Season 3 as well. At least now I know, there IS Season 3.

    And Thanks for the Link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definetly should, I think book 3 is the best one!

      Yep, that's it :) I loved all the funny moments with Stringer :)

      There is season 3, but Elba is so busy they will finish it in 2013.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the link!

    Cute sweaters! I've had those days. I'm very picky on picking things to buy, also rare when I buy a bunch on the same time. Understand the feeling.

    Can't believe your blog isn't even 1 year old. Looks very put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Yep, once I shop I'm immediatly broke :)

      The blog is a lot of work but it's a nice feeling when everything works, which took a lot of time to accomplish ^^

      Delete
  9. I love Conan too! But I love Graham Norton show as a whole - that interview style really shows what celebrities shine.
    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norton is definetly better interviewer - I don't really learn anything about celebrities from Conan's show, but he is so funny :)

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  10. Happy anniversary! Look forward to very special soundtrack post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you'll like this one!

      Delete
  11. I know the moment in Game of Thrones season 3 you are referring to. Readers of the books have been looking forward to that since the show started. Depending on how the show handles it, it may not be as big a surprise as what happened with Ned Stark for people. The books certainly laid it out for the readers to know what was coming, but I don't know if the show will try to hide it or not.

    Congrats on being a year old, getting new stuff, and getting a teacher who is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that this moment was one of the reasons the guys behind GoT wanted to make this TV series to begin with. I think they will try to keep in secret - hell, they already totally omitted that part in House of Undying prophecies which as much as pissed me off probably was intended to keep RW as big of a secret as they can.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I should really have a Treat Yourself day, too bad the money is not enough!
    Thanks for the link...again, I hope you get to see Holy Motors soon!
    Funny GIFs, loved the Liam Neeson one!
    1 year anniversary? Go Sati, can't wait for the posts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saving up for new computer, but that dream is dead now :)

      I hope so too, sounds like a very original movie!

      Hope you'll like them, they were quite a lot of work to make :)

      Delete
  13. Thank goodness there's someone else who doesn't enjoy shopping. I loathe it. I'm so picky and choosy with what I buy, but at the same time I just want to get out of the shops as quick as possible. I really wanna get my hands on some of the Lana Del Rey stuff, though. During this past week I've become oddly obsessed with her.

    And ah...Liam Neeson. He may just be one of the most awesome people alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so frustrating - it's like all those people in the store have a fever or something, I feel like I'm about to be trampled by the crowd whenever I shop. Plus it's always so hot and bright in all the stores.

      You should hurry up, I got there 2 or 3 days after they brought in her collection and some of the stuff was already sold out.

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for the link love, Sati... and posting that hilarious Liam Neeson gifs!! Mwahahahaha...

    Hey, I like your pics with the Lana Del Rey's collection at H&M! I should check those out, somehow I missed them the last time I visited the store. Btw, I like your retro cat eyes, you gorgeous girl you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love those gifs, couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw this :)

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  15. I just love these weekly posts of yours, so so amusing.

    Thanks so much for the Tucci link, and that comment I left you... only speaking the truth. I can't believe your site has only been live for a year. Its impact is huge.

    ReplyDelete