Friday, October 19, 2012

(49) Welcome to fuckin' Deadwood + links

By Sati. Friday, October 19, 2012

  • I've been rewatching Deadwood because it's my favorite series and it's insanely funny and engaging. Not even The Wire can threaten the show as the best series ever in my eyes. Plus Ian McShane's work as Al Swearengen is the best performance I saw on TV. I'm so psyched he will guest star in AHS episode 9.
  • I will review the premiere of American Horror Story: Asylum tomorrow but for now let me just say I loved it. It was quite scary especially that creepy ending. Bloody Face is just as creepy as Infantata and the promo for next ep suggests we will see him again *shivers* Also -  ladies on imdb - do you really have to fill the board with your posts about Evan Peters's bare ass? Do what I did - set up a blog and share your weekly, creepy thoughts in Rambling Friday series.
  • The only thing worse than Carrie poster was Carrie teaser. What a ridiculous thing that was. It's like they were raping Brian DePalma's movie in front of me.
  • Joaquim Phoenix is the worst. It's one thing for bloggers and critics to say that Oscars are stupid but for an actor to say that is just disrespectful to the fellow cast and the director, when The Master up until now had pretty good Oscar chances. I really dislike him. He is acting like he is God knows who, with such a personality I'm mesmerized people still hire him.Why doesn't he just go back to his crappy rapper career instead of wasting every one's time.
  • Don't get me started on Parks and Rec. Just don't.

  • Few things have shocked me as much as what happened in the latest Downton Abbey episode. Brits really have some balls - I can't imagine something like this happening on Showtime or HBO, it's very rare that the writers went ahead and created such situations on those networks, like they did in Dexter or Boardwalk Empire. Also Maggie Smith was absolutely amazing. And I officially hate Mary - she was more upset about the possibility of losing Downton then about that terrible thing that happened! I mean even Thomas cried! She was always cold but now she is just a bitch. I hope Edith marries someone more awesome and rich than Matthew.
  • I have three Paranormal Activity movies to see but I'm too scared to that. And I'm currently frightened enough on daily basis as I go through pile of shit I need to learn.

  • I saw Killer Joe this week which was terrific and On the Road which was pretty good. It lacked substance but it was beautifully shot, atmospheric and it had fantastic cast. I wish we saw more of Amy Adams though, she had such a terrific character to play.
  • I'm going to see Skyfall next weekend. Not because I want to but because my mother loves Javier Bardem which means she has to see every movie he is in. I usually have to go with her to keep her company and listen to "he is so hot!" remarks whenever he is on screen. That was the only thing I kept hearing during Eat Prey Love. That and my own weeping since I was watching this crap.
  • I was wandering around new blogs today and it annoys me to no end when the site asks you to visit another site just to read the review and then it asks you to comment via Facebook account. If your blogs does it, sorry but you won't be hearing from me. More irritating than captchas.
links:
  • Lovely Amy of MovieWriting featured me as Fan of the Month
  • Jaina and asrap virtuoso review Sinister which I may try to catch on Halloween
  • Mettel Ray wrote really cool article on quality vs quantity when it comes to movie blogs
  • Diana reviews fantastic Traffic
  • Andina writes about charming Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
  • TheVern wrote a great posts about beautiful Winona Ryder
  • m.brown didn't enjoy Dracula but his review is as always enjoyable to read
  • and finally we have Alex who put together seriously badass list - 10 Exceptional Cases of Husbands Interrogating Their Cheating Wives
RELATED POSTS:
 

32 comments:

  1. Yeah Mary is annoying now. Maggie Smith is boss.

    Loved AHS. Evan Peters butt scene was not supposed to be admired really- look at the context. He does look good with dark hair though- just saying. I thought Lange was so uber creepy. It was awesome.

    On the Road was pretty but so meh. Can't believe I waited 2 years for it. Still, Sturridge and Hedlund were v. good.

    This week's Parks and Rec wasn't half as bad as the previous one so I'm okay with it, even though I have always hated Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope Matthew leaves her. They are only married for few months and she is bossing him around like everyone else.

      Lange was great, so was James Cromwell, so happy is in that series.

      They were very good, wish the movie had better script, though.

      I agree it was much better, but still something feels off. the amount of times I'm embarassed for the characters doesn't come close to matching the amount of times I laugh.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the link!
    I haven't watched AHS yet but I will because I'm kinda have hots for Adam Levine and my friend spoiled it for me saying he's in it.. I wish I would be surprised to see him.. I wish I could stop people from telling me things because I'm going through a phase where I avoid 80% of information that goes around movies and TV-shows just so I could be surprised more! Same with Downton Abbey, haven't watched it yet, still know what happens.
    Excited about Luther for sure! Not so much excited for spending more time watching shows because Misfits is coming back as well...
    PS: Paranormal Activity is not a movie to watch alone during the evening/night! Keep it morning and daylight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      He has...funny part in it :) So far he isn't doing terrible job. I think he will be in the show this entire season.

      Yep, I think I'll watch Paranormal Activity now, it's pretty sunny and everything so I may actually manage to finish it ^^

      Delete
  3. Pumped for Skyfall, the reviews look favorable, so far.
    I watched the first Paranormal Activity this month and thought it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, though I'm not the biggest Bond fan out there, Craig is good in the part but for his casting always seemed a bit odd.

      Awesome, I hope I'll manage to watch it and not freak out :)

      Delete
  4. I always thought Bardem looked creepy in No Country For Old Men. Did your mom think he looked hot in that one too? Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she finished watching this one - she was really bored by the film :) She's more of romance/comedy or romance/thriller fan :)

      Delete
  5. I like Joaquin Phoenix... I don't know if he's a nice person or not (he strikes me more as impatient), but he does say some... reckless things. Either way, he's one of my favorite actors, so... idk, I guess I don't really care what he does outside the set. Though he could just shut up sometimes.

    The first Paranormal activity film is pretty scary, but the others not so much. That's why I'm not really excited for number four. I watched Eat Pray Love for Bardem and Franco and dear god, I was about to punch someone... I can never adequately express how much I dislike that movie.

    Oh Sati, 007 is always a thrill! Just hearing that tune makes me excited. But your mom may be disappointed this time, Bardem does not look so fine in Skyfall. Now, Daniel Craig...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really should keep certain things to himself, if someone is this impolite outside of set it makes it hard for me to appreciate their work. Christian Bale had some unfortunate incidents too, but he has done many wonderful things over the years. Phoenix just comes of as a jerk.

      I really hated Eat Pray Love - it had some good things like the scenes in Italy and Richard Jenkins but everything else was beyong cheesy and dull.

      I did tell her he looks creeepy in this movie, but she doesn't care :) We aren't really into Craig, though I did like him and his blue eyes in Dragon Tattoo :)

      Delete
  6. I didn't have an interest in On the Road until I saw that gif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth watching, though it's a bit disappointing in terms of story.

      Delete
  7. My response to that remake of Carrie was a reply to someone saying "No"... HELL NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a travesty. Why can't they leave books alone if they already have perfect adaptations?

      Delete
  8. I'm glad Joaquin Phoenix is acting again, but I wish he'd keep his mouth shut. Hope you like Skyfall. I have to wait until November 9 to see it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in no rush to see Skyfall, so I'd gladly give you faster realse date if I could :) It's weird it's not opening everywhere at the same time like all big movies seem to.

      Delete
  9. Off to read your review on Killer Joe. I have a feeling you absolutely loved it. I think it's your perfect sort of film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, really did :) I knew I'll like it based on trailer alone but it was much funnier and more disturbing than I imagined :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the link, Sati :) So your mother loves Javier Bardem. She must've seen Biutiful. After seeing it, I am reluctant on seeing the films where he's the leading character. It tend to be depressing.

    I hate those blogs who force us to comment with facebook too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! She did, she mentioned she wished he was in more romantic comedies, but I'm grateful he is not ^^

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the link, that's always appreciated.

    I'm not the biggest Bond guy, but I guess I'm interested. The last one was a punch to the junk, though. Really didn't dig that one.

    As for the Paranormal Activity trilogy, I can't imagine watching all three of those in a row. That's a lot of waiting for shit to happen that I myself probably couldn't handle. I've only seen the third one, but I had a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'r very welcome!

      Quantuum of Solace was so bad, the editing nearly gave me a seizure.

      Yaah, I heard that these movies are mostly built on anticipation, but I'd be ok with that if all in all they would prove to be scary.

      Delete
  12. I think Deadwood would be my number one show ever if only they gave it the proper ending it deserved. But I agree Ian McShane delivered the best performance of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a shame HBO doesn't give their cancelled shows chances for decent closure, it amazes me how many terrific things they cancelled and how much shit is still on air.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the link, Sati :) and thanks for being Fan of the Month!

    Oh I love Parks & Rec! What series are you on? I binged on series 4 (I think it was 4 anyway) recently on Netflix and I just want more! My friend bought me Leslie's book about Pawnee for my birthday earlier this year, it's hilarious!

    I quite liked On the Road; I loved the book and I love that era of American history. I'm a big fan of the Beats so enjoyed it because of that. My other half hated it though, he said it was far too high brow and the only good thing was that Kristen Stewart didn't say much. Hah!

    Have you seen Paranormal Activity? I agree with the comments above, watch it in the day time! The second isn't so scary; I watched 3 and 4 in the cinema which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was such a great atmosphere because everyone was scared! Made it a little easier to cope with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's my pleasure!

      I'm watching new episodes, season 5. Season 4 was still very funny but season 5 is disappointing so far, though the latest episode had more Ron in it so it was slightly better than the beginning of the season.

      I thought Stewart was good in the movie, though most of her performance consisted of moaning :) The film was really beautifully show and atmospheric, I just wish it had more story in it.

      Not yet, I lost daylight before I decided to do so :) I'm about 10x more scared when I see horrors in the cinema, it's just such a big screen and even if you look down there is this loud sound problem which you can't turn down as you would be able to at home :)

      Delete
  14. Ahah, your comment on Skyfall cracks me up, Sati. So you're only gonna see it for your mom? How sweet of you, that is one of my most-anticipated movies as I LOVE Bond :)

    I hear ya about commenting via Facebook, I can't stand it and I refuse to do it. Captcha is bad enough already. I don't know WHY on earth would people make things difficult for people to comment, that's just ridiculous!

    Oooh Maggie Smith is in Downton Abbey? Man I need to catch up on that show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're going together :) I'm sure yet again she will comment how unsuitable Craig is for the role, she did it twice before ^^

      I don't know either, it's just bizarre. Comment moderation is as far as I go when it comes to restrictions.

      You really should, it's really good!

      Delete
  15. Definitely see the Paranormal series! Although I do think it's a bit scary.

    I've been meaning to get around to On the road. Enjoy Skyfall, we have to wait ages for it in Aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to do that before Halloween :)

      I'm shocked that Skyfall is not opening everywhere at the same time, it's always the case with these big movies.

      Delete
  16. I had no idea you liked Deadwood that much. I fuckin' LOVE that show.

    Thanks so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My all time favorite series, so glad you are a fellow fan! I still cannot believe those co**suckers cancelled it!

      Delete