Friday, October 26, 2012

(50) It reeks you know. Your bullshit. + links

By Sati. Friday, October 26, 2012

  • This week's episode of Homeland was absolutely amazing. It had one of the best endings I've ever seen to episode of any TV series and hands down Homeland's best scene so far. Claire Danes really is the force of nature in this show. I find her character to be extremely inspiring - Carrie is so courageous, fierce and passionate and she never apologizes for what she is. I loved that quiet moment of victory she had in the very last moment of the episode. I now officially loathe Brody, that evil look in his eyes in the end was really where he showed his true colors.
  • I saw Hot Tub Time Machine this week which had funny moments, but overall it was a waste of potential. I loved Craig Robinson in this, though - he is so hilarious - he always cracks me up in movies and on The Office. I also saw HBO's The Girl which was good but it could have been so much better. Sienna Miller, whom I never saw deliver good performance, was incredible in this movie.I finally saw Paranormal Activity. It was a scary film, but it wasn't very good. I mean it was really just waiting for something to finally happen, when it did - sure, it was frightening, but all those conversations between the couple, that chick whining and so on bored me to tears. I wish we saw the demon at least for a moment. Yeah, I know, it's way scarier like that but it pisses me off whenever movies don't satisfy my curiosity and do something like that.
  • Let's take a moment and talk about that Brad Pitt Chanel no 5 commercial. First of all, why the hell is he promoting Chanel? Last I checked chicks wear these perfume. Secondly, what in the mother of crap is with that ad? It's more nonsensical than Brad's ramblings during Academy Award ceremony when they showed all those clips with celebrities talking about their favorite things in cinema. He actually got 7 million dollars for that thing. Conan has been ridiculing that whole ad fiasco this week on his show which was also very funny. Check out all the parodies here.
  • Speaking of beloved Coco - last night's show was incredible - Conan promised last week that if people donate money to some charity he will do a show with a sprayed on tan and braided hair. And he did it.We also saw him going through the process which was hilarious.

  • I caught up with Boardwalk Empire and while I don't like this season as much as seasons 1 and 2 it's very good. I wish they used Michael Shannon more, though. Also Gillian is supercreepy right now. As soon as they showed that young soldiier's face I was like "Oh-oh. Son you are on your way to Crazytown".
  • Have you guys seen Idris Elba announcing Luther 3?
  • There are rumours floating around that Idris Elba may be next James Bond. Let me think. Idris in a suit? With a gun? Seducing women? Driving fancy cars? I'll die.
  • I started watching Sons of Anarchy - I was shocked to see legendary Peggy Bundy - Katey Segal that is - in dramatic role - she is terrific too, apparently she won Golden Globe for her performance. The show isn't quite on Homeland/Boardwalk Empire level, but it's very entertaining. Killer soundtrack too.
  • I'll be reviewing new American Horror Story episode tomorrow - I really liked it and I'm grateful for no aliens in this one. James Cromwell is totally stealing the show away from Lange. He was also on one of the new Boardwalk Empire episodes - he didn't have much to do there, I hope we will see more of him in future episodes. I really love this actor - he was so terrific in The Queen, Six Feet Under and pretty much every movie I saw him in.
  • Whenever someone is opening the front door to my house I have to hold Gustav so he wouldn't try to run outside without supervision, which he did two times. So few days ago I was holding him and he started to move really rapidly because he wanted me to put him down and he hit my nose with his head. He was fine - I was not. It hurt like hell but I'm glad it didn't broke - I can't imagine explaining on emergency room that my 9-pound Yorkie broke my nose. I was also kicked in the boob during this incident. But I still love my little devil, no matter what injuries I have to endure. Few days ago I noticed that the bone he was biting looked a little bloody which hopefully means his last baby tooth fell out and he won't need surgery. I would try and check myself but I will take him to the vet so that she does that. I don't think my hand can endure any more biting and scratching.

  •  I was going to see Skyfall this weekend but I have to postpone it - Gustav needs a winter coat so my mother and I will spend most of the weekend trying to find one that fits him. I just hope he won't bite the hell out of it in the pet store as he is trying to do with his raincoat whenever I try to dress him.
  • I've been getting some moronic comments lately, which is weird because it would make sense for the basements to flood during autumn rendering trolls homeless and deprived of Internet access. The funniest one is under To Rome with Love review. "Stop watching movies" is the stupidest and most juvenile thing someone can say to the person running a movie blog. It's as if you said "Stop eating food" to the person who ate something and got diarrhea.
  • Chevy Chase had yet another meltdown on Community set. I totally get it. If I worked there, I'd be pissed off too. Really dislike this show, the only shows I loathe more are Family Guy and Girls.
  • The upcoming TV series about Hannibal with Mads Mikkelsen as the iconic villain and Hugh Dancy as the hero actually looks pretty damn good. It's too bad it's going to be on NBC, though. It means one thing - tame.
  • New episode of Parks and Recreation actually managed to be quite funny. It's still not the quality of previous seasons, though.
links:
  • Check out the spotlight on Body Horror over at French Toast Sunday
  • m.brown wrote an exciting and hilarious review for boring and awkward Dark Shadows
  • Mettel Ray shares her final part of favorite TV characters
  • Alex asks and important and quite difficult question how do you define a horror movie? Alex also breaks down Friday the 13th franchise - hilarious read!
  • Diana wrote a  wonderful review for 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days
  • chris wrote brilliant review for The Silence of the Lambs
  • Courtney reviews The Perks of Being Wallflower
  • Vern shared some of his favorite disturbing/scary scenes
  • ruth reviews Silver Linings Playbook
  • Stephanie shares some great thoughts on American Psycho, the movie
RELATED POSTS:

34 comments:

  1. My god, I really need to start watching Homeland. Must get on that.

    How bout that Elba as Bond talk? Would be amazing. Love the Gustav update, and thanks for the two links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will! It's a terrific show.

      You're welcome, can't wait for more of your Halloween posts!

      Delete
  2. Homeland has become exciting. I didn't enjoy it as much last season, but now i can't wait for the new episode!
    American Horror Story is as disturbing as it should be, let's hope they'll keep it up throughout season 2.
    Parks and Recreation never ceases to make me laugh.
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just can't wait for next episode!

      I hope the show won't go downhill as Nip/Tuck did, it's one of the few decent horror things nowadays.

      Thank you, you too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link, Sati! Sorry you didn't think Paranormal Activity was very good. I may give that new Hannibal show a look to see what they can do with the material. A new show with Axel Foley's son might happen, oh dear...sometimes I wish they would leave the classics alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I don't know what is happening lately - they are also making a show about Norman Bates, which is crazy because they want young Bates to be played by Freddie Highmore of all people :/

      Delete
  4. Idris Elba as Bond... I can go for that.

    Boardwalk Empire needs more Michael Shannon. And also more Chalky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing!

      Yeah, absolutely. All that Margaret helping the women storyline is taking way too much time that can be spent on something better.

      Delete
  5. Man, I really gotta get started on Homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homeland is something I look forward to every week so badly it hurts. Brody is an a**, yet, I think Damian Lewis is amazing! I loved him in The Forsyte Saga where he was a bad man as well but still an amazing actor. Plus, it doesn't hurt that his birthday is a day before mine. Us Aquarius' have to stick together you know..

    PS: Thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is amazing, though I think Cranston deserved Emmy more, hopefully they will give it to him for the last season of Breaking Bad next year.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you've had a busy week! Shame you found Paranormal Activity a bit slow, I don't see much horror so I found it pretty scary! haha.

    And you hate Family Guy? Awwww! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary, but it bored me too :) The ending was cool though.

      Yep, I'm like Cartman with hating on Family Guy ^^

      Delete
  8. I've stopped Boardwalk. Mehhh.
    I liked The Girl more than other people. Miller and Jones were both v. good but for me Imelda Staunton as Alma Hitchcock stole the show.

    I would love Elba to be Bond, but Fassy :( Everytime I watch Inglourious Basterds and he is Lt Archie Hicox and I see Bond. Like a slick 60s Bond. Something about him makes me go "They don't make men like that anymore." Sigh.

    Ben and Leslieeee!! I love Ben too much.

    WATCH SKYFALL! IT'S AWESOMEEE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staunton was very good, but she could have used more scenes, she did what she could with very little that was given to her.

      The problem with both Fassy and Elba may be that they will be too old once Craig is done - Fassy is fairly young but he looks 10-15 years older than he actually is :/ He would be very good in this, but I think both him and Elba deserve better role than that. Not that they wouldn't be perfect 007 eye candy :)

      I'll try to do so next week :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my God. That Conan gif kills me...I can't.

    Thanks for the mention, girl <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was on fire this week :)

      You're welcome, loved the review!

      Delete
  10. I'm another that has to het into Homeland Sati. I keep hearing great things about it yet I've ne'er tuned in. Boardwalk Empire on the hand, is really floating my boat right now. I'm just at the end of 1st series and have number 2 waiting. Such a terrific show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, season 2 of Boardwalk is fantastic, season 3 is a little bit slower but it's still really good. Homeland isn't as great as BE season 1 and 2 but it's definetly worth seeing.

      Delete
  11. Luther 3? Ok, definitely need to get started on that ASAP.

    I'm not sure what to make of the Hannibal series, but it looks mostly promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have some time, season 3 is coming in 2013 :)

      It really does, but I wish it was on different network.

      Delete
  12. I agree that Paranormal Activity just isn't that good.

    In regards to trolling comments, I got an anonymous (of course) "Chip is a douche" response to my positive, but apparently not glowing enough for that Nolan fanboy, review of The Dark Knight Rises. I didn't respond to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I occassionaly don't respond either, there's just no point in that. You can't have a discussion with delusional people.

      Delete
  13. Elba as James Bond? I never thought anything would make me a fan of the Bond movies but, yup ... that would do it!

    Those small dogs can be quite a handful, eh? ;-) Is that you, in the picture, with Gustav? It's always nice to attach a face to attach to a name.

    I really don't know how to respond to idiotic comments. ("Stop posting movie reviews" ... "Stop being an ignorant troll, asshole.")

    Everywhere I go online, I see stupid, rude, pointless comments that generally have nothing to do with the content posted. My kids and I talk about this a lot. (My son swears the gaming community is, by far, the worst -- and I can believe it.) Whenever my stock in humanity starts to go up, I go online and that's shot to hell -- I weep for humanity. :-)Luckily you seem to have a huge group of smart, savvy, supportive online friends.

    Thanks for the link! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for me too! I'd watch the crap out of these Bond movies :)

      Yep it's me - no make up and with hair long overdue for a cut :D He keeps me so busy all the time :P

      I usually just try to turn those comments around against those posting them - it's ridiculously easy :)

      I swear sometimes blogger can be worse than imdb. It's insane how much time people waste writing pointless, silly comments - they don't write any arguments in favor of their opinion, obviously they don't want to discuss and they must realize they won't change someone's opinion just by posting sometihng pointless. It's just so silly.

      Delete
    2. I think you look very pretty. Make-up is over-rated. :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you so much! :) Gustav steals the spotlight, though :)

      Delete
  14. Oooh. A bit late to the party, but thanks as always for the blogging love.

    I love the address for this page, as it ends with 'bullshit links'-awesome.

    As to you and Stephanie's discussion, from the little I dabbled in it, the gaming community is 900 times worse indeed. At least around here, you have to type dumb shit. Saying it is so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Haha, I jsut noticed that :D Sometimes those urls are really unfortunete ;)

      I'm grateful I'm not really into gaming the more I read about it ^^

      Delete
  15. Belated thanks for the link, Sati. Ooooh more pics of Gustav, cool! I love that pic of you & your beloved pet by the window, who knew that little furry thing could be so vicious! Good thing your nose is ok!

    I've been hoping the Broccolis would be ready to have a Black Bond and Idris would be so perfect! Ahah, I don't know HOW you could manage to get through watching the whole movie. You might pass out from extreme euphoria!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yeah, I have so many injuries - yesterday he scratched my ear which was painful, considering all my piercings there :)

      I know, right? That thing would be a legitimate health hazard for me. I barely make it through Luther :)

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the link!:)
    Sons of Anarchy is great, I watched the first two seasons- Katey Seagel is especially fantastic in the second one, her character goes through a lot. Also, doesn't hurt that Charlie Hunman is easy on the eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he is pretty damn hot! I'm still on season 1 but I heard next seasons are also terrific.

      Delete