Friday, November 2, 2012

(51) Skyfall + links

By Sati. Friday, November 2, 2012

  • I went to see Skyfall today. There was about 30 minutes of commercials prior to the movie - ranging from nuns eating penis shaped food to Kiefer Sutherland promoting notepads in 24-inspired ad and to be completely honest I'm not sure which one of those was more distasteful. There was also a trailer for Alex Cross which has Matthew Fox playing a killer of women and watching him in that trailer was effing hilarious - I used to watch Lost all the time and the funniest thing ever was Jack's crying which happened about 5 times during each episode. I cannot look at Fox anymore without having the mental image of him crying like a little girl.
  • Skyfall was pretty cool, it won't be in my top 10 of 2012 or anything, but I had a blast seeing it. First of all Ralph Fiennes was awesome in it, it's so nice to see him on big screen again. He also kicked so much ass in a short moment during courtroom shootout. Second of all, my mother was horrified by what Javier did in the movie and by what he looked like - I was laughing so hard when he took out his teeth, she literally did face palm in this moment. Javier looked like more demented version of Christopher Walken. Seriously, his Silva was more fucked up than Anton from No Country for Old Men. And lastly Craig looks so sickly. I mean he has a hot body, but he is no Connery's James Bond. He is a good actor, but he lacks charisma and charm, the only time he had those in this movie was when he was making a joke. They need to find someone more...formidable and classically handsome for that part. Tall, dark, mysterious, electrifying...you know what I mean? Oh you do. Of course you do. The coffee cup knows what I mean.

  • If Idris Elba is going to be next Bond I will set a camp in front of the cinema a week before the movie is released. I will chain myself to the stairs. Whatever, I'm just going to be there waiting to die during this movie.
  • Luther 3 starts shooting in November and season 3 will consists of 4 episodes. *high pitch sound of me going YEY*
  • I will review Skyfall this weekend, if I find the time because it's all pretty hectic around here as I never do much around Halloween, for its a sacred day and my favorite day of the year, and now I need to make up for what time I spent relaxing. I won't do AHS review until episode 1x05, and that's when I'll review 3rd, 4th and 5th episode.
  • My Halloween was pretty cool as I saw enough horror movies to get me all paranoid and scared. Gustav scared me several times as he jumped on me in the dark.
  • During Halloween Gustav pretended to be Hannibal Lecter in his new muzzle. He also resembles Bane in that thing.We also bought him his winter coat, which he kinda likes because after being cold he must have noticed that after we force him to wear it outside he isn't cold anymore.
  • I will tell you this - I saw a bunch of horror movies this week but American Horror Story 2x03 Nor'easter had by far the sickest and craziest shit I've seen all week. And if it taught us anything - Never ever EVER laugh at the size of a man's dick.
  • Disney bought out Lucas film and new Star Wars movie is coming. That is the extent of my knowledge on the subject as I don't really care about any of that.

  • I saw Cloud Atlas trailer before Skyfall. I had little interest in seeing that prior to seeing the trailer. Now I have absolutely no interest in seeing it.
  • I also had a misfortune of seeing new Les Miserables poster featuring Helena Bonham Carter and Sasha Baron Cohen. It's one of the worst posters I saw all year. I also don't have an intention of seeing this movie in theatre, but I'll probably catch it on DVD.
  • I'm pretty exhausted after seeing all of those demented horrors this week, so I'm not planning on seeing anything this weekend. I mean after seeing the animals being slaughtered, people having their faces cut off, demons stalking people and possessing children, Gary Oldman's fucked up make up and father teaching his sons to slaughter the demons I just want to play with Gustav and enjoy that lovely fall weather. Plus I need to gather the strength for new American Horror Story as I'm sure it will get even more disturbing this week.
links:
  • Alex shares his awesome list of 10 favorite horror movies
  • Amy shares top 10 scary films
  • Bonjour Tristesse reviews Rust and Bone, which I can't wait to see
  • TheVern shares 10 creepy music videos
  • Chris saw impressive amount of horror movies this week.
  • m.brown reviews one of the most disgusting movies ever - The Human Centipede. DO read the review, DON'T see the film.
  • Stephanie chooses 10 most fucked up movies
  • Linds wrote great spotlight on psychological horror
  • Andina wrote a cool post about the look of Eva Green and Bella Heathcote in Dark Shadows
  • Mettel Ray wrote a terrific post about Darren Aronofsky
  • Jaina, asrap virtuoso and Nikhat review Skyfall

Leonardo Dicaprio shooting The Wolf of Wall Street. Good God, this movie will be hilarious.

RELATED POSTS:

27 comments:

  1. The link is always appreciated. Though I don't think anyone will appreciate reading about that movie. But hey, you warned them.

    That's a brilliant Star Wars action, by the way. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated watching the film but I really liked your review :) You managed to highlight what was so wrong with it, the story itself aside :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was pretty difficult to get him to wear that the first few times :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the link! I haven't watch Skyfall, hopefully I will this weekend. Awww, Gustav is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you! He kept biting the coat at first but now he doesn't mind it anymore :)

      Delete
  4. 30 minutes of commercials? For once coming late to the cinema seems like a good idea. Idris Elba would indeed make a good Bond.

    The Cloud Atlas trailer truly is confusing, which is why I won't bother reading any more about it. Still gonna see it though and just let the film reveal itself.

    Thanks for link as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was crazy, I never saw so many commercials before the movie.

      It really doesn't seem like my kind of movie, the make up looks pretty bizarre too.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Margaret! I think it's about time I gave American Horror Story a watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great show, but it's seriously creepy. Season 2 is much more freaky than season 1.

      Delete
  6. We have to wait until the 22nd for Skyfall, booo Australia! I have no real interest in Cloud Atlas or Les Miserables either... urgh.

    Love all the gif's haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think movies should be opened everywhere at the same time. Making people wait more than is necessary is just cruel to be honest. I had to wait for Prometheus, it was the worst :/

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. I really think Skyfall is going to be in my top 10 this year. All the things you said about Craig were exactly what worked for me :P
    Maybe I should make a Fassy for Bond banner already, although if I guess Elba is the more logical step after Craig's Bond as they are more manly than slick.

    Haha yes no laughing at dick sizes. A lot is going on in AHS now.

    Oh Alex Cross looks terrible, but that wasn't even the worst trailer I saw before Skyfall. There was Breaking Dawn Part 2, and this complete shit called Battlefield Earth. My god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the link btw!!

      Delete
    2. You should, I'm sure there is a campaign for Fassy being next Bond somewhere there already :)

      This is so crazy, the show is 40 minutes long yet there is so much happening, some characters don't even have the chance to appear.

      I was kinda worried this awful Twilight trailer will be before Skyfall, but fortunetely they spared me :) Cloud Atlas trailer was pretty bad, though.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  8. I think you said you're not a huge Bond fan, so maybe that's why Skyfall is not making your top 10 of the year?
    Thanks for the linkage, I thought the link would be for my 100 favorite films list, but I know you love your horror, so it's all good.

    re. Idris Elba "set a camp in front of the cinema a week before" haha, and those damn commercials, grrrr!!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but it's mostly because of the 3rd act which was noticably worse than the rest of the film, I hate it when the film loses it near the end.

      Haha, thank you! I may actually do this, I do weird stuff when I'm happy ^^

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the link!
    And really, I want to start linking your link post, it is always such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Really loved the article, Aronofsky is my favorite director. I hope he continues to do psychological thrillers.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm really looking forward to seeing Skyfall next weekend. The Wolf of Wall Street looks fun too.

    Great gifs by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like the movie, definetly one of the better action/thrillers of the year.

      Delete
  11. Usually the regional movies are remade from English movies with necessary spices to meet the audience. In this movie, i felt most of the scenes were remade from regional movies with 007 tag in it. I would say the 007 flavor is missing in fact after the dusk of Brosnan. Eager to see the 007 with Guns,Girls and Martini - in style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be fair there were guns, girls and martinis in it :)

      Delete
  12. Kudos to Gustav for the jump scares. :-) Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His doing it a lot, usually when he sleeps next to me and starts barking all of sudden :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the link!! It's funny, as soon as I hear any news whatsoever about Elba, I think of what you'll think about it right away. That's yo man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Oh, I wish he was...:)

      Delete