Friday, November 16, 2012

(53) She is having one of her jazz freak outs... + links

By Sati. Friday, November 16, 2012

  • Anne Hathaway was terrific last week on Saturday Night Live. Her Katie Holmes impression was pure gold and I love how they made fun of Homeland and Claire Danes's bizarre expressions along with Damien Lewis's whispering-for-the-dramatic-effect way of speaking. I love Homeland but God, that parody was so spot on. Anne was not only very funny - she is such a class act - she actually thanked Holmes and Danes in the programme. Rihanna was a musical guest an ever since I saw the show I can't stop listening to Diamonds.
  • I also watched few other episodes, Daniel Craig was pretty funny as a host too, I loved the In Memoriam for the people the characters he played killed.The biggest laugh for me was the parody of presidential debate - Jason Sudakis's crazy eyes when he was pretending to be Mitt Romney - GOLD.
  • Let me just mention some of the things we get to see in recent American Horror Story: lamp made out of human skin, bowl with mints made out of skull, legless, mutated Shelley in front of a fucking school, lobotomy, creepiest Bloody Face's mask to date and Aliens. I have seen many horror films but this stuff is so sick and it is thrown at us in such capacity it's pretty fucking hard to fall asleep after that. And I sometimes fall asleep after watching 3 horrors in a row and drinking 5 coffees during day. Last episode was the best one in the show so far and I'll be reviewing episodes 3,4,5 of this season tomorrow.
  • AHS drinking games: every time Jessica Lange has some sort of "profound" monologue, every time Lana does something stupid, every time James Cromwell says "whore", every time we see Evan Peters's butt because that's obviously something sex crazed teens want.



  • The show was also picked up for third season. I can't even imagine what will go down in this one, seeing how season 2 makes season 1 look like a Disney movie. This is Psycho/The Silence of the Lambs worth of creepy right here.
  • After the last episode Ryan Murphy has joined the list of people I admire but I'd run the fuck away if I saw them. Others include David Lynch and Bret Easton Ellis. Murphy actually wrote next episode. I suspect there will be cannibalism.
  • I saw Ted this week and it was very forgettable The CGI was impressive and Mila Kunis is always nice to see, but I really wish she focused on more ambitious and serious projects. I loved Tom Skeritt cameo, this was seriously funny.
  • Apparently, Idris Elba was considered for Django Unchained but Tarantino went with Foxx instead. This decision is something that nearly kills my excitement for the film. And it could have been one of my most anticipated otherwise.Also - the important question must be asked - Pacific Rim trailer, where are you?
  • I had no chance to check out new Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Parks and Rec, The Office or Modern Family yet as I'm working on my dissertation and it's all very boring and tiresome as I need to read all this shit and then write about it without really knowing if either of that will turn out to be of any use. But it's better than doing nothing. Probably.
  • Oh you guys, happy day! The first trailer for Mobius starring my French babe Jean Dujardin and awesome Tim Roth is here and it looks amazing!Also Jean is shirtless in it! YEEEEY!
  • There is some crazy shit happening in the movie world lately. All of the sudden Skyfall is getting more Oscar Buzz than The Master, Twilight movie is getting positive reviews and out of Django Unchained cast it's Samuel L. Jackson - not Leonardo DiCaprio - who is reportedly the one to watch. I just hope Skyfall doesn't get to be Best Picture nominated if The Dark Knight Rises isn't. 
  • I may see Lawless this weekend if I find the time and will - Shia Lebouf is in it and I really don't know if I can stand him for 2 hours.
  • The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Mellisa McCarthy looks absolutely retarded and the full Oz trailer is just as awful as the posters suggested. Michelle Williams on the other hand is so lovely in it.


  • First image from James Wan The Conjuring appeared online - it's an alternate take on The Amityville Horror that’s inspired by the supernatural events that happened in the Rhode Island home of the Perron family. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson are playing the investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. Lilli Taylor and Ron Livingston will portray the Perrons.
  • Poor Leo DiCaprio can't catch a break. Apparently, there was some sort of a heated discussion between DeNiro and Jay-Z on his birthday party. Jay-Z didn't return Robert De Niro's  6 phone calls and DeNiro was pissed off. Seriously, though, who the fuck doesn't call DeNiro back?

  • links:
    • Jess shares her 5 favorite things about Out of Sight
    • Jaina reviews Argo
    • Diana reviews Sound of my Voice which I'll hopefully see soon.
    • Tippi didn't like Skyfall and wrote a great post about it. It's refreshing to read something like this after seeing the ridiculous amount of excitement for a film that is not without flaws.
    • Steeve finally got a chance to check out Killer Joe
    • ruth has something very nice for all Gerard Butler's fans out there
    • Dan reviews Silver Linings Playbook, which along with Seven Psychopaths may be the only possible film this year that will crack my top 5.
    • Alex posted his movie alphabet
    Ron fucking Swanson and Mike Ehrmantraut stare down
    RELATED POSTS:

    42 comments:

    1. I did not know that Hathaway is blond now. Not sure if I like it, I think she's better being brunette.

      Agree with Mila Kunis. After Black Swan, she should've take the opportunity of being in a more serious projects.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, she's not blond - that's only a wig. She has short, dark hair now.

        Yeah, she has much more potential than those comedy roles.

        Delete
    2. I love Anne's crazy eyes and that Homeland sketch. She's just extremely talented. She's funny, she can act, she can sing, she can be a badass, she's not afraid to do nude scenes (YEAH!!!!), she's fucking awesome and always entertaining.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I didn't know you are such a big fan! I hope she is as good in Les Miserables as the trailer suggests. What a beautiful singing voice, too.

        Delete
      2. I know. When I heard her sing in that trailer. I cried. That's right. I'm not afraid to say it.

        Delete
      3. It was really moving, her voice breaking but still sounding so powerful. I'm sure I'll love the sountrack.

        Delete
    3. Oh, so many news.. I need to start rambling about news I hear as well but since I took on another writing job I think my limit is up.

      I like Foxx.. I think he is great but I wouldn't want to compare him with Elba. I mean, Brits always tend to win...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ever since I saw The Soloist I can't stand this guy. Not only was this performance one of the most obvious and shameless Oscar baits I've seen, it was also seriously awful.

        Delete
    4. Skyfall!! Honestly were it up to me, I would vote The Avengers in, but still glad for Skyfall.

      AHS is nuts. The last episode was probably my least favourite (that's not to say I didn't like it). Just too much goes on, and too many shooting techniques. But yeah Bloody Face <3

      I want to watch Homeland just because of Hathaway's parody. Also have to get to the Craig SNL episode.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm so loving that this is the person who is Bloody face. But then again there is still a mystery as to who 2012 Bloody Face is...

        You should check it out, the show is awesome! Craig was so funny, definetly worth seeing!

        Delete
    5. I hope to finish the rest of the SNL show with Anne Hathaway later tonight. When she sang on the opening, I got chills. Damn that woman is talented and oh so very sexy.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She has such a beautiful singing voice, I was surprised the glass in the windows didn't crack when she sang :)

        Delete
    6. Skyfall was good, but I think even a sort of, honorary Best Pic nod would be shameful. And I know we disagree, but I'd feel the same way for TDKR, too.

      And Hathaway was pretty funny on SNL. I always love her Katie Holmes, though the they didn't milk it as much as in the past. I think the best friend bit was probably the most entertaining of the entire show!

      Seriously, I like everyone involved, but Oz looks like a bit of a mess.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah each year there are so many great little films that if they honored 007 movie that is kinda crippled to begin with, since it has a formula that can't be changed, would be very lame.

        I loved that bit, I was very impressed with her way of talking in this one - funny and very believable.

        It looks like even worse Alice in Wonderland :(

        Delete
    7. Anne Hathaway really is a class act. She can do any role, like seriously, she's on a roll with her projects nowadays. She's definitely made her stamp in Hollywood that's for dang sure.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope she won't disappear after this year, with the marriage and everything...plus if she gets an Oscar the risk is doubled, if the Oscar curse is indeed true.

        Delete
    8. That Homeland sketch is exactly why I can't get into Homeland. (From the eps I've seen online) The leads just aren't very good.

      I loved that Mokiki does the Sloppy Swish song way more than I should've.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love Claire Danes, seriously love her in that show. She acts in a very outlandish way but it works, really lovely work. But I can see how it may a bit much.

        Oh, God! That song is still stuck in my head!

        Delete
    9. Sweet! Thanks for the linkage Sati! Gotta check out more SNL episodes because from what I hear, they've been hilarious.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome, that is really a terrific review you wrote! Anne Hathaway's and Craig's episodes were the best for me, but Gordon Levitt had some great sketches too.

        Delete
    10. There won't be a Pacific rim trailer yet, we haven't even had a trailer for the trailer yet!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's true! I just can't believe they showed it on Comic Con and there is still nothing online :(

        Delete
    11. I haven't kept with Parks and Rec in a while. That stare-down makes me realize I gotta catch up.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The last two episodes were quite good!

        Delete
    12. I'm not sure what to make of the Samuel L. Jackson buzz that's been going around lately. Still think DiCaprio gets in and possibly wins, but who knows?

      Rule number 1: Always call De Niro back. ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't know...I think he may be nominated but to be completely honest actor categories seem very up in the air right now.

        Oh yes, absolutely! :)

        Delete
    13. Thanks for the shoutout!! So glad you liked the review; it can be tough to call out a movie that so many people love. A lot of my friends responded to those criticisms with "Well it's a Bond movie, don't look for substance," which I think is a cop-out with such an ambitious movie.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yeah, I think you can make good movie no matter if it's indie or blockbuster or even has an established formula, it's the script that is the msot important factor.

        Delete
    14. The impression of Saul is spot on! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. - David, no! no! David, no!
        - She makes some good points, David

        :)

        Delete
    15. Thanks for sharing my post! I have to catch up on the latest episode of AHS but you have me excited to find out how crazy it gets. Then I can check out your reviews of the last three episodes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Didn't know you watch it too, awesome! The show just keeps getting more creepy with each episode.

        Delete
    16. At some damn point, I'm really going to have to buckle down and crush out American Horror Story. You've spoken so highly of it, I just have to watch it. Glad to hear out thoughts on Ted are exactly the same... that one was a complete wash to me. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, Ted was so forgettable. I forgot about watching it the next day, when I was posting my recent ratings on imdb, actually.

        I hope you'll like AHS, it's very unique and refreshing, I honestly don't think there was anything like that on TV before.

        Delete
    17. Thanks for the link love to my beloved GB, really appreciate that, Sati. What a fantastic post! I keep nodding as I go down the list as I saw Anne's hilarious Katie Holmes impersonation on SNL, and Daniel Craig was surprisingly funny as host as well. That segment w/ Fred Armisen as his girlfriend had me in stitches!!

      Oh I like that Mobius trailer too w/ Dujardin, looks like a very different role for him.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Oh God, that was so funny, I loved the serious/clueless look on Craig's face. The construction side sketch was pretty awesome too :)

        It really does, looks pretty dark and mysterious, God I love that ^^

        Delete
    18. Damn, I need to start watching American Horror Story! I thought I heard that's coming to Netflix Instant soon, so hopefully that's the case.

      I loved seeing Jonathan Banks on Parks & Rec -- that was a nice surprise when he showed up.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you'll like it, it's such a unique show!

        Yeah, I was like "oh God, it's Mike, run away people! :)

        Delete
    19. Thanks for the link! I wish I could watch both Anne Hathaway's and Daniel Craig's SNLs, but they're not available here :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Damn, that's too bad, though I'm sure it's on the sites where you can stream TV series like watchseries.eu

        Delete
    20. Thanks for the link, as usual, you are a sweetheart!
      So many news, I don't even know where to start!
      Anyway, thanks for reminding me of the SNL I missed with Anne Hathaway! Oh, and I love Diamonds by Rihanna, too, it's pretty addictive!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :)

        It si really addictive, isn't it? The rest of the album wasn't very good, unfortunetly.

        Delete