Friday, December 28, 2012

(59) Look how pretty! + links

By Sati. Friday, December 28, 2012
  • So how was every one's Christmas? Mine was a blood bath. Let me explain - whenever someone comes over to my house, I have to hold Gustav at the time the door opens until it closes, so he wouldn't run into the hallway and escape. That takes maybe 10 seconds. When he saw our guests aka new people to play with, he went nuts and scratched the hell out of my arm. I'm all right now, but through the whole Christmas dinner I looked as if I was attacked by the rabid squirrel.
  • Gustav was overjoyed - he kept jumping on the couch to sit next to the guests, he kept bringing them toys so they would play with him and my personal favorite - he stood on two paws and tried to lick the plates on the table.
  • I got money as a gift which is good because I really need to buy new computer. The one I'm using now is making noises that scare the shit out of me.
  • While I didn't find Lee Pace under my Christmas Tree, which made me sad and angry (come on Santa, I was sooo good this year!), I finally got a chance to see Lincoln which made me happy. I didn't want to shout from the sad mountain of fan girl love in the review, but Rambling Friday is a place for that - LOOK HOW PRETTY!!!!!
  • My God, if I was at that audience I'd launch myself at him during one of his rants. How that guy who were the target of "manly virtue" line didn't faint...I'll never know.
  • I also saw Frankenweenie, Flight, Pitch Perfect and Possession. Reviews for Frankenweenie, which I enjoyed and is definitely worth seeing, and Flight, which was messy but Washington was awesome in it, will be up on the blog soon. Washington's performance actually managed to dethrone Matthew McConaughey in Killer Joe for me as my favorite performance by an actor in 2012.
    Man, I knew I'll weep during Frankenweenie, but I cried for almost entire movie. I can't stand to see scenes where the dog, even puppet of a dog, dies. And he died twice in the movie! I literally prayed for the film to have a happy ending. In addition -  every time the dog was sad or scared I kept crying too. I was exhausted after seeing this. Pitch Perfect was very average, but Rebel Wilson was hilarious in it. Also - how hot is Elizabeth Banks? Possession was pretty mediocre but 1. Lee was shirtless in few scenes 2. He was the bad boy  3. There was a sex scene with him in it. The holy trifecta of awesome.
  • I don't know what it is about the The Place Beyond the Pines poster but I really can't stop laughing when I look at it. The rage in Gosling's eyes is so hilarious.
  • Speaking of Gosling I have recently seen this thing and I must say that I never feel sane, but comparing to the contents of that, my fan girling is good natured and cute.
  • So...I'm sure Downton Abbey Christmas Special brought more cheer to your hearts, right? This has been such a depressing season and the ending of this one was so grim I actually laughed. What's disturbing is that people keep blaming the series creator Julian Fellowes. I'm not gonna spoil it, but let's just say that a certain actor/actress made the decision to leave. Good luck with that. I'm quite sure we will never hear of that person again and his/her character annoyed me so it's not a big loss. The problem is that since the actors keep leaving, right now the show is really nowhere near the quality of the first two seasons.
  • Kate Winslet got married again and she didn't marry Leonardo DiCaprio. This is just wrong.
  • Let me repeat the announcement from twitter - If Anne Hathaway loses the Oscar to Sally Field I'll vomit and dive into it. I'm working on my best/worst of 2012 list and the only people higher than Field on worst performances list are the dudes from The Hunger Games.
  • I should see Les Miserables, Django Unchained and hopefully Zero Dark Thirty in January and when I do, I'll be able to finish all the line ups.
  • It has occurred to me I have two exams in a month. Hell must be freezing over because I actually learned this week. Why they bother me with those exams is beyond me. It's not like any of that is useful. Plus there are actual exclamation marks in the books - who writes about legal stuff and uses exclamation marks in a book that is meant for students to learn from? This isn't a fucking magazine.
  • I've been rewatching That 70's show. I love it so much, my favorite character is Kelso, he is so hilarious. I love it when they randomly show him laughing in the circle. Also - how awesome is it that Jackie and Kelso are together in real life now?
  • - How is it going? 
    - Real good, the foreign kid just ate something off the floor.

    links:

    Before I continue the tradition of adding funny gifs in the end of the post, I have to explain the situation - Lee Pace's breakthrough role was the performance as transgendered nightclub performer in Soldier's Girl. He was singing, dancing and wearing blond wigs. Now Lee stars as Elven King Thranduil, Legolas's father, in The Hobbit. Here he is, looking so very beautiful: As soon as I saw this photo I just knew that the fine folks over at tumblr will repurpose gifs from Soldier's Girl. And that is the story behind that gifset:

    RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. Hyde is my favorite character of That 70s Show. I much preferred him and Jackie. I loved that show until the final season. The new guy they had to replace Eric and Kelso fucking sucked. He was so not funny.

      My 2nd favorite character in the show is Kitty.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I like all the characters in That 70's show, Donna occasionally pissed me off with the way she treated Eric but overall she was OK. Hyde was awesome with his paranoia :D

        The final season was bad, the new guy was one of the worst characters in TV:/

        Kitty is like the best mom ever!

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the linkage Sati! I think Hathaway is a shoe-in for a win, and I have no problem with that whatsoever.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome! I really hope Anne wins, I really don't want to dive in my vomit :D

        Delete
    3. One of my dogs becomes psychotic whenever we have company. It's kind of exhausting. I'm sorry Lee Pace didn't appear under your Christmas tree. That just seems so unfair. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes, I had to keep Gustav occupied for the whole dinner so that people could eat instead of just playing with him all the time, I was exhausted after that :)

        It really does :( If he did appear, my Christmas would be much more joyful :D

        Delete
    4. Told my friend about Pushing Daisies. I mean, we both knew about it before, it was just a matter of time when we would end up seeing it. Her first comment: "I like Ned, all tall and big hands. I like big hands". So it's safe to say that you are turning people into Lee Pace fans one post at the time. I know I am! ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, that's a great comment about him :D

        Good, Lee deserves all the love! Hope you'll enjoy the whole two seasons of the show in spite of the rushed finale :(

        Delete
      2. I feel like the beginning of season 2 was amazing, episode 3 with the nuns being my favorite. But with 4 episodes left, I fear of the end as I had a feeling it will be rushed. Still enjoy it though!

        Delete
      3. The premiere of season 2 will forever be in my heart - shirtless NED! :D You know that there are 3 unaired episodes right? Season 2 has 13 episodes.

        Delete
    5. Oh man. I will totally use your vomit line as soon as possible. Next time one of my students hands in utter garbage, perhaps.

      My dog's a jerk around company. He usually either sniffs from afar the whole time, or waits for them to sit and then basically lays across them cat-style.

      As always, thank you for the link. Or, in Hawaiian, mahalo...um, for the link.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. But always keep in mind you may actually have to do it to make your point :D

        Haha, mine is just too friendly and he thinks all people want to do is play with him, which is mostly true. He really never gives up until he gets attention.

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    6. Thanks for the linkage, I appreciate it, as always!
      Glad to see you had a nice Christmas and I hope you get a cool computer- I definitely need one, too, but I am hoping for one for my birthday at the end of February.
      Hilarious GIFs of Lee Pace with the wig and everything :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome!

        I just need one that works and let's me watch things online without making the noise as if the apocalypse was happening :D

        I laughed for about 5 minutes when I saw it. Love how they even added the crown to the gifs :P

        Delete
    7. Is it true Leo gave Kate away at the wedding? That's almost as sad as the whole Titanic tragedy.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I heard that he walked her down the aisle. This is wrong on some many levels! :(

        Delete
    8. I have to hold my dog down every time someone arrives as well, otherwise she'll start licking everybody's hands and pants... That poster is hilarious because Gosling is super angry while feeding a baby, probably because of his terrible hair color.

      Some of my Law books have exclamation marks in them, too... and sometimes they're pretty funny... it's confusing. I got 5 exams between the 8th and 22nd of January. then one week of nothing, and 2 weeks of oral exams. THIS is hell, having two days between exams... bastards.

      I haven't seen Les Miserables, but I'm glad to hear Hathaway is awesome in it - I'm beginning to really like her.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes! It's like Gosling is angry with everything around him :P I just can't stop laughing how comical it looks.

        5 exams? Jesus, the most I had in one term were 3. Hopefully since it's the last year they won't try to be difficult, my dissertation has nothing to do with the stuff I have exams from so it's really a chaotic time for me.

        Delete
    9. Heh. Eerily prescient of you to be so adamant about Hathaway vs Field when you haven't seen Les Mis yet!! :o LOL. You're right though, there should be an uprising if ANYONE takes that statue from Hathaway. She was incredible.

      Sally Field wasn't THAT bad though, cmon now. (Should I duck, here, or... ?)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Anne was better in the trailer than Field was in 2,5h movie. I really hope Annie wins she certainly deserves it and she didn't need to beg anyone for the part she was wrong for until the poor director finally caved in :D

        Delete
    10. Oh, I just saw Les Miserables (review coming later) and all I have to say is this...

      If Sally Field wins the Best Supporting Oscar over Anne... I will take that Oscar... shine it up real nice... (keep shining it) turn that sum'bitch side-ways and STICK IT UP HER ROODY-POO CANDY-ASS!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That is well said :D I'm rooting for Anne the most out of all the possible nominees in any category this year.

        Delete
    11. Ha! Love that poster for The Place Beyond the Pines. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Les Mis and Django, both of which I loved.

      Thanks for the link! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I'll really like Django and parts of Les Mis :)

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    12. LOVE this post!! I will definitely make more effort to visit more often, your work is excellent Sati :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much! Your work is excellent too! :)

        Delete
    13. I saw (and loved) the trailer fro The Place Beyond the Pines and that poster seems sort of ill-suited for it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, If I didn't know any better based on that posted I'd think it's a comedy :P

        Delete
    14. Is Mila Kunis with Ashton Kutcher now? Awesome! I love That 70's Show too, probably in my top 5 shows ever!

      Sally Field... urgh... very average.

      Thanks for the linkage!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, they've been together for a while now! :) I loved Jackie and Kelso together, I always hated the fact she ended up with Fez.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    15. Thank you for throwing that Ryan Gosling link up here. It's given me something to procrastinate with while at work! Good work ;)

      Hope you have a fab New Year!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, glad I could help! :)

        Thank and happy New Year to you aswell!

        Delete