Friday, January 11, 2013

(61) Let's steal an Oscar for Leo. + links

By Sati. Friday, January 11, 2013

Why cry when we can laugh? Here are some gems from imdb, tumblr and twitter - reactions to Leo being snubbed yesterday:
  • Hey Leo, did you check the nominations?

  • TODAY IN LOS ANGELES, LEONARDO DICAPRIO, FUCKED OVER AGAIN, AS THEY WERE ANNOUNCING THE OSCAR NOMINATIONS…
  • “It’s OK Leo, you’ll get an honorary Oscar when you’re 75.”
  • “I am convinced the Academy is on Crack Cocaine.”
  • “So I guess Leonardo DiCaprio is going to have to invoke a sacred rite of sacrificing children before he ever wins an Oscar.”
  • “I am done with the Oscars!”
  • “WTF does Leonardo DiCaprio have to do to get his fucking Oscar? I don’t get it. I don’t fucking get it.” 
  • “Plot Twist: Kristen Stewart gets an Oscar before Leonardo DiCaprio.”
  • “When I die I take my ashes and turn them into gold and then use that gold to make an Oscar and then give that Oscar to Leo DiCaprio.”
  • “WHAT DOES LEO HAVE TO DO?”
  • “America weeps.”
  • I’m gonna steal it…I’m gonna steal an Oscar for Leonardo DiCaprio!
  • "Leonardo FUCKING DiCaprio should have gotten nominated. That is some serious bullshit and I just. Hell the fuck no."
  • "Whose wife did Leonardo DiCaprio sleep with that the Oscars keep treating him like this?"
  • "wow so did leo like take all of the academy members’ mothers out for a nice date and never called them back or WHAT?"
  • "You guys I am SO mad Leonardo DiCaprio didn’t get nominated for an Oscar GOD DON’T EVEN LOOK AT ME"
  • When Leo finally wins the Oscar:

  • "WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK ISN’T HE NOMINATED FOR CALVIN FUCKING CANDIE JESUS CHRIST"
    • "No but seriously it’s funny because Leonardo DiCaprio has:
    • Played a mentally challenged character and did not win an Oscar
    • Played a historical figure with severe OCD and did not win an Oscar
    • Played J. Edgar Hoover and did not win an Oscar
    • Played a conflicted 1950s husband and did not win an Oscar (I thought his performance in Revolutionary Road was stunning and didn’t get the recognition it deserved.)
    Like idk what more he’s supposed to do…"
  • "I think it would be wonderful if Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar but then didn’t show up to receive it like “fuck you bitches i got better things to do”
  • "I really hope this is some long-running practical joke that Leonardo DiCaprio has not gotten an Oscar yet and one day when he’s on his deathbed or something they’ll suddenly burst through his roof and bombard him with every single academy award he ever deserved and he will die a happy old man, drowning in a sea of Oscars"

  • You know what I'm waiting for the most during this year's Oscars? Jean Dujardin trying to pronounce Quvenzhane Wallis's name. This is going to be hilarious. Also - whoever wins this category is going to be one lucky lady! Screw the Oscar, a hug from Jean is what counts!
  • Has everyone seen the new trailer for Mobius? It looks like some sort of complex spy thriller, but that's not important. From the trailer it looks like Jean will be shirtless in it a lot and I definitely want to witness that.
  • I think the blame for DiCaprio's snub is on Weinstein. If only Waltz was placed in the lead category there would be no split. Ah, damn.
  • I really hope given the films with Lee Pace scored 15 nominations all together he will be there. Oh, please, be there!
  • Twilight swept Razzie nominations. Razzies are ridiculous - they will be in big trouble next year when there will be no Twilight films to nominate. And just try to include Lee in ensemble. The only ensemble he should be included in is the one for Lincoln during SAG. Twilight was fun, dammit!


  • I can't wait to see Golden Globes ceremony on Sunday. This is my favorite awards ceremony. Why? Because they have drinks there. I always count on someone getting plowed. To this day I remember how shocked Kate Winslet was when she won her second Globe few years back during one ceremony. She won one at the beginning and I think she started drinking because when 3 hours later she was going to accept the second one, two dudes had to help her get on the stage. Also instead of starting to thank her then husband and the director of the movie - Sam Mendes - she started laughing and saying how much she loves Dicaprio.
  • I have yet to see Critics Choice Award ceremony that happened yesterday but apparently this happened (picture on the left). Emily Blunt and John Krasinski are my favorite celebrity couple, so cute!
  • Lucky Jen Lawrence got an award presented by RDJ. No wonder she got "sweat all over him".
  • Also check out the gentlemen and MacGyver - Joseph Gordon Levittt:


  • I saw a whole bunch of movies last week which included two massive disappointments - Anna Karenina which was riddled with flaws and completely missed the spirit of the novel and Seven Psychopaths which was a misguided mess. I was watching those two and I couldn't figure out what the hell the directors wanted to achieve there.
  • I also saw all the Lord of the Rings movies, extended versions. Time well spent. So many tissues, so many tears but it is always worth it. Obviously since watching the films I've been listening to soundtracks from them practically non-stop. 
  • I really want to see Amour and the Impossible, but I don't think I have the strength to cry again.
  • I know there are many fans of Moonrise Kingdom and Kathryn Bigelow out there but whenever I remember the first one didn't get Best Picture nomination and the other didn't get in for best Director I laugh with such joy. Ah, happiness.
  • So you have Fassbender in your movie and this is what you do? Also that young Gleeson isn't a good sign. He was absolutely miscast and terrible in Anna Karenina. Levin is supposed to be charismatic not..well, this.
  • It's always like this - we have no snow for Christmas and then in January it's nothing but snow. It only added to the surreal mess my week was - at one point I went 36h without sleep, as it usually is during Oscar season, me watching the movies in Oscar race, running this blog and studying. Plus now I'm also writing my dissertation so I only sleep when I collapse. One time I went to bed and it looked like Autumn outside. When I finally woke up, it looked like this:
  • I thought I woke up a year later when I looked through that window. Anyways, Gustav is happy because of the snow - he loves it so much he keeps jumping on windowsill to look at it and then he just lies there, usually on my notebook:

    links:

    RELATED POSTS:

    46 comments:

    1. I remember that moment from Conan. I love Hugh Jackman. I'll get Leo his Oscar. It's going to take some years but dammit! He'll get his Oscar as well as a NY Critics Prize. After that, every jabroni who has continually dissed him will have to line up and kiss his ass!!!!

      I was wondering if you were going to mention the trailer for Mobius... Jean looked pretty hot, don't ya think?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, I'm really hoping The wolf of Wall Street will win big, because honestly this is starting to be ridiculous.

        I had to pause it and take a sip of water multiple times :)

        Delete
      2. Did a change of underwear also happened when you watched that trailer?

        Delete
      3. Nah, but who knows what will happen during the movie :)

        Delete
    2. This was hysterical. I think my favorite Leo comment included GOD DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME.
      I love the idea of being so mad that eye-contact causes actual, physical pain.

      If we ever bump into each other, I will actually hiss at you for you anti-Moonrise Kindom stance. I mean it. Hiss. :)

      Brilliant? Pish posh. That Conan clip is brilliant.

      (thank you, as always)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. There are usually reaction gifs that paint the whole picture :) Every year Leo is snubbed, as unfair as it is, there is also a lot of laughter ^^

        If you were to hiss, my Yorkie would probably attack :)

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    3. “Plot Twist: Kristen Stewart gets an Oscar before Leonardo DiCaprio.” - best ever!
      Thanks for the link, I'm sure some people missed the fascinating 150 facts and need to know them asap. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was a fun read, they really should read it! :)

        Delete
    4. I don't think it will be too hard for Jean Dujardin to pronounce Quvenzhane's name. It's pretty French :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, but isn't it like a really rare name? I never saw anyone else with a name like that :)

        Delete
    5. Man, to be one of those women who saw Hugh Jackman in the buff. (Though I'd probably be waving a $20 bill instead of a $5 bill.)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah $5 is pretty low, he should be offended :)

        Delete
    6. Thank you for your avid appreciation and recognition for the excellence of every single performance Leonardo DiCaprio has given. It is an absolute shame (more than that) he has never received an Oscar, and an even bigger shame that his first Oscar will, most likely, be a pity one. Unacceptable. Once again, thank you for acknowledging his true worth. Find a place among the Academy board members, will you?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well if I ever end up in the Academy there will be at least one person voting for Leo :)

        Delete
    7. Nawwww I was really feeling your Leo pain until your Moonrise Kingdom / Bigelow joy! Hahaha.

      I'm seeing Anna Karenina soon, my expectations are back to low after your comments.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Did you read the book? I think the fact I did was one of the reasons I disliked it, the film was way too cheerful at times.

        Delete
      2. I enjoyed it more than I expected (B- / 3/5). Hadn't read the book nope. Also caught up on the first 10 minutes of Les Mis which I missed in the cinema, was a great opening, I quite enjoyed the film overall!

        Delete
      3. I gave both of those 6/10, which doesn't sound that bad, but most of those scores was for the visual side.

        Silver Linings Playbook though..saw it again today and upped the score to 9,5/10. Fantastic movie!

        Delete
    8. LOL for Dicaprio. It seems that he already played to the max. But I do think sometimes he is overrated and he's aware of his greatness. So I don't like him that much.

      Blunt and Krasinski do look adorable together. Ahah, Twilight is a fun movie to mock and love.

      Thanks for the link love, Sati!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Blunt and Krasinski are one of those couples that are famous but they look so down to earth and actually in love. And they are both so sweet!

        Delete
    9. “When I die I take my ashes and turn them into gold and then use that gold to make an Oscar and then give that Oscar to Leo DiCaprio.” - We should all do that when we die.

      As long as she didn't embarrass herself too badly, I'd love to see Winslet all drunk at the ceremony.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We definitely should :)

        I wonder if she will be there, hopefully someone will get drunk anyways :)

        Delete
    10. Oh. My. God. The Leo DiCaprio section of this post is PRICELESS! :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I was laughing the whole time I was searching for quotes to use :P

        Delete
    11. The good news is, when Leo keeps getting snubbed, people remember that. In the long run, maybe he gets more love without an oscar, than with one? Place in cinematic history is what matters, I don't think awards mean that much. I mean when S Bullock can win razzie and oscar the same year, that shows it's kind of a farce. I'll still be watching Golden Globes, though! Too bad Ricky Gervais is not hosting again, maybe a cameo :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, I love Gervais I think there is no way these two chicks can be better than him. I wonder if DiCaprio will even show up tomorrow :)

        Delete
    12. LOL!!

      Thank you for the linkage, first off. :D But I had a good time reading this. I should be working on this morning's post, but... You're too damn funny.

      Now I get the whole Hugh Jackaman women thing you were referring to the other day. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh yes, the man has many stories like that. My favorites though are the photos where the chicks want to grab him and he is maneuvering through them to get to the other side of the room unharmed :)

        Delete
    13. Hahaha. Man, Tumblr and Leo 4eva.

      Wtf is with Frank. What? What??!

      Haha Conan :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So much laughter coming from misery in that tag :)

        I honestly don't know what is up with that movie. There should be a special fangirl courtroom which would judge people for this sort of thing.

        Delete
    14. Bahaha, this post is brilliant! Seriously, Tumblr fandoms are the best. I swear some of the funniest shit I read on the internet comes from Tumblr. In all seriousness, Weinstein probably does deserve some blame. Waltz easily could've been lead and still gotten an Oscar nomination. He would've knocked Denzel out of the race easily in my opinion. Love that gif with Hugh Jackman too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Tumblr always makes me laugh, the people there are so passionate about their favorite stars :)

        Delete
    15. ahahah loved the Leo part - making oscars out of our ashes is hilarious. I'm honestly intrigued why the academy doesn't give him an oscar... hmm. this may be a cary grant situation, I smell an honorary oscar that says "oops". expect for him it was even worse, with only two nominations in a lifetime.

      Blunt and Krasinski are so adorable. Also Hathaway and JGL, perrrfect, Anne looks gorgeous!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope next year something will finally happen, though the damn votes may split between Gatsby and The Wolf of Wall Street.

        I'm excited to see what Blunt and Anne will wear tonight, they always have great dresses.

        Delete
    16. Yeah, I thought Leo was a lock for at least a nomination. Poor guy can't catch a break. At least Waltz got a nod.

      I was thinking about doing a double bill of Amour & The Impossible before they leave the local theater. Might not be the best idea, heh...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm happy for Waltz, he was excellent, but Leo's work really seemed like something that Academy loves - the main hero who usually does leading roles being a villain in supporting role :/

        Delete
    17. Haha, at this rate, I think DiCaprio might win the next time (?) he's nominated. If he doesn't win then, the reaction will be: "DiCaprio lost?! He should've won!". Of course, I'll be one of those people. ;)

      Thanks so much for the link! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I really hope they will give him the Oscar soon, he already bled for Django, who knows what he does for his next movie :)

        Delete
    18. Couldn't agree more about the Leo snub.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Thank you for:
      1.) Pointing out in tireless detail the bafflement that is Leonardo DiCaprio's lack of an Oscar nomination (or Oscar, period).

      2.) The TWO links!

      Thank you thank you thank you.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Thanks for the linky dinky, darling. I applaud you for watching ALL the Lord of the Rings movies, extended versions no less! I've got the BD set years ago I haven't even done that yet!

      Once again, poor Leo... one day his time will come [hang in there, dude!] Oooh I HAVE to check out Hugh Jackman on Conan, that's story's got to be a hoot with the way he's telling it. LOVE him!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh you need to see that! Aragorn has crazy amount of new bad ass moments in those, the entire RotK is so much better extended. They added so many scenes that really tied everything together.

        Hugh is always super funny on Conan, he is the funniest on that talk show, right after Ryan Gosling :)

        Delete
    21. I honestly feel so bad about Leonardo DiCaprio, he defintely deserved at least a nomination this year, he was splendid as Clavin Candie. He needs an oscar, and I am willing to steal one for him.
      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm really baffled because the Academy loves giving supporting Oscars to leading men :/ I really don't understand what is going on, I mean it is hilarious but still very unfair :)

        Delete