Friday, February 8, 2013

(65) I don’t like your new firm. The lawyers here are crazy and the singer bugs me. + links

By Sati. Friday, February 8, 2013
  • I am currently enjoying Ally McBeal rewatch. This show has some of the best characters ever. I love Richard, John and Ling. And there is nothing better than when John and Richard are in court together. And even if the show premiered today - it would still be ahead of its time. It is just so, so wonderful - sweet, touching and crazy. Then I'll rewatch Breaking Bad. Why? Because after one particularly mediocre and overhyped TV series I've seen this week I need to erase if from my memory with great TV.
  • I spent around 10 hours watching House of Cards. I'm mad because if I knew how mediocre it will turn out to be I'd just use this time to finally finish A feast for crows. The show is filled with cliches, the story falls apart literally like house of cards so fast it's unbelievable. Kate Mara tries as she did in AHS, bless her heart, but perhaps she should leave acting business to her more talented sister. Also the show has the funniest and most unrealistic oral sex scene I saw in my entire life. I think people who are in awe of this show never saw Breaking Bad because in the world where diamonds exist why on earth would you praise the beauty of dirty rocks? If it gets any Emmys over Breaking Bad next year I will declare shenanigans and I'm never taking Emmys seriously again. No offense to Spacey but Cranston kinda outdid everything he did in this entire show just with several few minute long moments from BrBa like "I am the one who knocks".
  • So I passed the other exam which is great because the date of the second try is 25th and that's the day after Oscars. If I had to take the exam again there is no way I would deny myself watching the ceremony. Some traditions need to be honored.
  • I'm working on my dissertation which is cool because I got to do so in my own pace. I should probably start learning for bar exam soon as it's in 8 months and I have to learn about 70% of all the stuff I studied in the last 5 years. I really don't want to do that because if I pass the bar 1. I have to keep moving back and forth between my hometown and the city where the school is and I hate leaving my hometown 2. it's 26 more months of THIS and this is just ridiculous. Why the hell couldn't I become a veterinarian?
  • It's sad that in the year of such weak supporting performances by actresses awesome Gina Gershon didn't even get nominated for Killer Joe.
  • Check out new poster for Bates Motel. What the hell is up with people photoshopping beautiful women? First the ladies of Oz and now Vera Farmiga. Unacceptable.
  • Chris Pratt got cast in Guardians of the Galaxy over Lee Pace. Whoever made this decision - please see a doctor, you may be brain damaged. Pratt is really funny and he is likable, but seriously what the fuck have you done.
  • Jean Dujardin will definitely present on Oscars. Oh, yeah! And no matter who wins this time, there is no way it will top the unbelievable joy of last year. I love that George Clooney and Brad Pitt were so happy about his win.
  • In another really hot news Idris Elba wants to kill us all with how sexy he is. Check out this photos from GQ magazine:
  • Speaking of Idris - he is making a movie and Anna Friel will be his leading lady. The same Anna Friel who was Lee Pace's love interest in Pushing Daisies. I have fucking nothing. This is not fair. She got to do those things you see on the gif sets below- for that she should be working in a mine for 10 years or something not being the leading lady in Idris Elba's film! Come on!
  • I saw Life of Pi and The Master. Life of Pi was excruciating and I completely lost it when Richard Parker was scratching the side of the boat. Oh my God, I literally cannot watch scenes with scared animals. The film was all right, I cannot believe how many people are confused by the plot. The Master didn't really have a plot which was a major weakness. It was a good movie but I wish Anderson just focused on directing and left writing to more talented writers. Also Hoffman > Phoenix. Hoffman is practically the God of acting, seriously. Oh and I also saw Mama but let's just forget that this movie exists.
  • I caught up with new episodes of Conan. I love his sketch about Kanye and Kim Kardashian's baby being on the run because of who its parents are. Hilarious. Marion Cotillard was a guest and she is adorable, but I'm surprised that she doesn't speak English better.
  • I have Pinterest now. I don't exactly understand how it works. And how does it differ from tumblr? Tumblr has gifs, though and moving Lee is better than Lee that is standing still.
  • As you can see, I added a bunch of new crap on the sidebar. Explore!
  • Gustav has taken his new hobby of jumping on windowsill to the new level - now he is sleeping there, even as I type this, so I have to watch over him not to fall off. If I took him down he keeps jumping back up so it's really futile. Today I went out shopping to buy myself some clothes. I returned home with no clothes because I didn't like anything but with 2 new kinds of treats and the new toy for Gustav. He is so spoiled.

  • links:
    • Stephanie started watching American Horror Story and The Wire which is awesome!
    • Diana reviews Flight
    • Alex shares his wins for 2013
    • Mettel Ray had similar reaction to Beasts of the Southern Wild as I did
    • Andina wrote about Michelle Williams's style in My Week with Marilyn
    • m.brown wrote a review for Warm Bodies which looks quite fun
    • Chris and Mark review Silver Linings Playbook
    Did you guys notice that Leo DiCaprio is always on vacation? Now he is in Miami where he is either being photographed shirtless on the balcony with equally shirtless Bradley Cooper or as captured here - giving Jonah Hill high-five after spotting a topless chick.
    RELATED POSTS:

    40 comments:

    1. AHH.... Good God Almighty! Why did they photoshop Vera Farmiga? Ugh!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think that's a good way to end up in hell :)

        Delete
    2. oh my god did they seriously high-five.

      I'm a little reticent about Bates Motel... I mean, it looks good but I kind of not want to like it... I feel rather protective about hicthcock's films, it's silly. It does have that cute guy from Pan Am... I'll check it out when it premieres.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They sure did! :)

        I think it's even set in modern times so it's completely crazy. But I'll follow Vera anywhere and it's a looong wait till new AHS in October after all :)

        Delete
    3. I have a pinterest too...then I stopped, but it's still there! I'll follow (that's how it works, right? I'm a bit confused still!)
      This photo-shopping of women has to stop. It has never been more ridiculous.
      Congratulations on passing your exam!!! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think so :) All that social networking sites are just way over my head :)

        I understand doing something when picture needs it, but they make them look like Barbie dolls.

        Thank you!

        Delete
    4. Wooo good work on the exam! I'm so pumped for the Oscar's now, just over two weeks :D

      Is Bates Motel going to be a tv show? I'm so confused haha.

      I think 'alright' is a perfect summary of Life of Pi, nothing special in my eyes.

      Also, I love how Jonah Hill is great friends with all the cool celebs, he's so great!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! And there's also BAFTA tomorrow, I wonder who will show up.

        Yeah it's a TV series, probably around 10-13 episodes in first season.

        He is hanging around with Leo so much lately, these two definitely know how to have fun :P

        Delete
    5. I love Ally McBeal, such a good example of how you could be in an office that suits your quirkiness. I love John the most, and Ling was refreshing.

      I just added your Pinterest! I love the site! If Tumblr is more of a web/blog, pinterest is like making your individual board of category.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. John was awesome, with the whistling, the frog and everything :)

        I'm still getting used to Pinterest, I'm kinda lost there ^^

        Delete
    6. Did I thanked for the link yet? Thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Fun post as always Sati!

      Ally McBeal is a hoot, I kinda miss that show and all the wacky characters.

      Looking forward to Oscars and seeing Dujardin there.

      Gustav is so spoiled indeed. Man I wish I could go shopping and found nothing I like, ahah.

      Enjoy your weekend, girl!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        It's a shame they fired RDJ, 5th season only had a handful of good episodes :(

        You have a fun weekend too! :)

        Delete
      2. Oh and congrats on your passing your exam, Sati, bravo! Oh and thanks for connecting w/ me on Pinterest. I just followed you now :D

        Delete
      3. Thank you! :) I'm still not sure what the site is about ^^

        Delete
    8. A Feast for Crows was a challenge to get through for me. I don't care about the Iron Islands or Dorne! I agree with everything you say about Breaking Bad. God, that show is perfect.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I started reading months ago and I just cannot get through it, especially after Storm of Swords which was terrific.

        Delete
    9. Aaaah so nice to relive Dujardin's victory. And I love it that DiCaprio and Hill are hanging out! Curious about Pinterest too. Keep hearing about that, Instagram, Reddit and Tumblr and got no idea about any of them. Love your gifs though. Movement does kick the ass off stills otherwise I'd just look at photos all day rather than movies!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Reddit is currently flooding my blog with views so it is useful, Tumblr is so much fun. Tons of great gifs and pretty photos. :)

        Delete
    10. Leo has just given up on acting. As he should.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he is only on a break, but it seems he already spends 3/4 of his life on the beach somewhere, chasing babes :)

        Delete
    11. Congrats on passing your test Sati, knew you would. ;)

      Meanwhile, the lesson as always, here? It's good to be Leo.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        Yeah his life is really fantastic! DDL may be getting his 3rd Oscar but I doubt if he is getting as many topless babes :P

        Delete
    12. Congrats on passing your other exam! I'm looking forward to seeing Jean presenting at the oscars - I'd be panicking about pronouncing Quvenzhané Wallis' name correctly haha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I heard it's French name but honest to God I have never heard it prior to Wallis and I seriously doubt Jean did, I think it's insanely rare name. This can be really hilarious :P

        Delete
    13. Congratulations on passing the other exam! I agree that Gina Gershon should've had a crack at best supporting actress. Her performance was unforgettable, and -- my God! -- the shit she had to go through on screen!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! She was so fantastic, especially in that "What are you getting at?!" scene. Awesome performance.

        Delete
    14. Congrats again on passing your other exam!

      Sorry you didn't care for House of Cards. I've got 3 episodes left, and I love it!

      Never tried Pinterest, but I might check it out.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I liked the first two episodes but then it just bored me and annoyed me.

        Delete
    15. Thanks for the link, Internet Sensation, er, Sati.
      I appreciate it.

      Jonah Hill is the luckiest guy on the planet. Dude's knee deep in awesome.

      By association.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Hopefully I'm sending some traffic your way, you should have more followers!

        Yep, since he's been hanging with DiCaprio I'm surprised he even has time and the desire to tweet anymore while there are so many more fun things he could...do :P

        Delete
    16. Thanks for the link, as always!
      Sexy Elba pictures :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        The man has no mercy ^^

        Delete
    17. Disappointed to hear you didn't really like House of Cards. I'm 5 episodes in and enjoying it so far, although it's starting to get a little samey. Frank does something nasty to someone to screw them over. Repeat to fade. I still think Spacey is immense in it though.
      Well done on passing your other exam and I hope the dissertation is going well :)
      And thank you for the link, always appreciated :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh Spacey is great, it's just after seeing Breaking Bad, the Wire and Game of Thrones in short period of time during last few months it's really not the greatest work that was/is on TV.

        Delete
    18. Photoshopping beautiful women has been around for decades, but I've never seen it as blatantly obvious as it has been recently. Vera Farmiga is indeed gorgeous (as is Mila Kunis) and I don't understand the point behind making them look like wax figures. Really odd.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The worst thing is that they totally change the way they look - Kunis doesn't even look like herself on recent Oz posters.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    19. Congrats on passing your second exam, Sati!

      ReplyDelete