Friday, March 8, 2013

(69) Kafkaesque + links

By Sati. Friday, March 8, 2013

  • I've been rewatching Breaking Bad because it's the best show on TV. Though to be fair, for me the only edge is has over Game of Thrones is the lack of unnecessary scenes filled with tits, so I'd rank season 1 of GoT above it. Anyways, I'm hoping Jesse makes it alive to the end, he is such a decent person and the same can no longer be said about Walter. In season 4 at least he showed some remorse but now? It's different when he doesn't intervene or when nobody innocent ends up dying directly because of him and what he has been doing this season which was just plain wrong. I gave season 5A another shot but I maintain it's nowhere near the quality of previous seasons. I just hope they will do a good ending, for example a big shocker and the reveal of Walter's great plan, like in the ending of season 4. Or just kill Skyler in slow motion. Oh, that would be so glorious.
  • I barely make it through Skyler scenes. She is the most annoying, passive aggressive wife I've seen on screen. I cannot believe Walter didn't have her killed yet. The only season where she was tolerable was season 4. I see her and I want someone to punch her in the face. She smokes while she is pregnant. When her husband comes home after hospital stay, she doesn't even give him 5 minutes of peace and starts interrogating him if he has a second cell phone. She has to know where he is at all times. She has bitch expression just plastered on her face. She fucks her boss, than she helps him with the money her husband earned in a way she condemns and looks down on. Then when her husband needs to work in order to earn that money she spent, she separates him from his kids. Seriously that hoe gotta go.
  • Any predictions for final season? I noticed that despite ricin being present in every season it has never actually been used. I really hope Skyler ingests it by mistake. Walter you should have left her in that pool
  • These words are brought to you courtesy to my emergency laptop and I really don't like using it. It burns my eyes and everything is so small. The reason why I'm using it? Did my old PC finally explode and blow half of my ass off? Nah, but it only works in safe mode so we all decided it's high time for me to get new computer because as resourceful as I am - I'm not going to write my dissertation in a freaking safe mode.
  • Unfortunately, it will arrive on Tuesday so until then I'm stuck with that thing.
  • Today we got first teaser for Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring with Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga. It looks great!
  • Game of Thrones season 3 extended trailer has arrived and though it's technically only 21 seconds longer, there are lots and lots of great new shots there including snippets from Lord's Kiss (this is going to be hilarious), Brienne's fight with Jaime, Tyrion swinging an axe and the most awesome one - the bear pit scene. I don't know where HBO found Gwendoline Christie but God damn, she is amazing. Also I'm pretty sure that's a real bear there. How did they even do this scene? Ohhhh God it's such a great scene, I can't wait to see it.
  • Until March 31th every single Saturday TV Special post will be about Game of Thrones and hopefully I will be able to finish the one for tomorrow, even in those troublesome conditions.
  • You know who should be in everything Game of Thrones? Richard Armitage. Oh. My. God. And they have so many Martells to cast in season 4. Also may I just say to HBO what a fabulous opportunity for you to bring in some male nudity for a change. I mean think of the possibilities - God knows I do. Seriously are we supposed to be satisfied (no pun intended) with Hodor's dick under a freaking holy tree back in season 1? Come on HBO, try a bit more. I lost a train of thought now - I should start adding gifs when I'm done writing my thoughts, not before that...
  •  And a bonus...I have to, it's too on point not to use it:
  • As promised Mondo released the next two Game of Thrones inspired posters:
  • This week second impossible thing (next to me entering 21th century 12 years later than everyone with the purchase of something that I don't need to kick in order to turn it on) has happened as I actually saw a movie. The film was Witness for the Prosecution and it was really great. I really liked the first 2 of 3 twists in the ending, though the 3rd one was taking things a bit too far and they should have gone with the book ending. Anyways the film is on 102nd spot in imdb best movies of all time list and it really deserves it.
  • Gustav is mad at me and my mother. This week we took him to the veterinarian for the series of shots, that are supposed to increase his resistance to diseases and overall improve his health. My mom was the one holding him as he got the shots so he sees her as the main criminal - when she calls out to him he is pretending he doesn't hear her, he runs away when she wants to pet him and he doesn't even look at her. As for me, I am merely an accomplice so I get to pet him. We are trying to win him back by giving him more meat. It seems to be working as he no longer naps in the hallway to avoid seeing us and actually naps in our rooms again.
  • OK some movie news - though I don't give a shit about Hunger Games, the character poster featuring Elizabeth Banks is quite nice, fashion-wise. We also got first picture from Woody Allen's new movie Blue Jasmine and if shows lovely Cate Blanchett.

  • links:
    • Ruth made a lovely post where she travels through cinema to London
    • Sophia had a chance to see Perfect Sense, a movie which terrified me
    • Alex features fantastic Peter Stormare in his In Character series
    • Rorschach Reviews and French Toast Sunday have reviews for Oz: The Great and Powerful
    • Tippi wrote about mini series World Without End which sounds quite interesting
    • Stephanie examines the subject of evil with the use of films
    • Mettel Ray shares things she loves in a very beautiful post
    • and finally another gem from m.brown - his hilarious write-up on Taken 2. He is the only person in  the world who can write hilarious review for absolutely any movie. Go read at least one and vote for him for funniest writer at LAMMYs!
    RELATED POSTS:

    39 comments:

    1. I love The Bling Ring teaser. It looks like so much fun. I love Sofia Coppola.

      I have seen The Hunger Games character posters... they're OK except for Jena Malone as Johanna Mason... she looks badass. I hope she steals the film from... everybody because she's THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm mostly excited about Farmiga being in the cast, but Coppola always makes such gorgeous looking films I'm sure there will be plenty to love there.

        Haha, yeah I remember you are a big fan of hers :)

        Delete
    2. So much GOT that I almost feel guilty that I haven't been reading this week as much as I would have wanted. But tomorrow's a new day (or for me it is already Saturday so..) today is a new day!

      PS: I can finally go to bed because I got my Friday's best read. Thanks for the link, as well! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Aww, thank you! :) You're welcome and I hope you will enjoy GoT books :)

        Delete
    3. The Bling Ring looks amazing. I really cannot wait for that one. I think Watson will kill it.

      Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She looks really awesome in the trailer!

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    4. Glad you enjoyed Witness for the Prosecution, even more meaningful since you are studying law, I guess.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. American legal system is the way this should work, with the jury etc. but the film did a very good job at showing it doesn't always work + becoming a thriller just by using its characters.

        Delete
    5. After the years of hype about Breaking Bad, and generally not liking a lot of things that people are drawn to (its so annoying, but what can you do?), I avoided watching the show in a way. The same can be said for my boyfriend, who started watching it and I followed suit, and DEAR GOD IT IS AWESOME. AND TENSE. AND AWESOME. (I never use capitals lightly, either).

      I hope Jesse gets out of it on the good side, too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, same here! I was skeptical about all the hype but I saw it for the first time last summer, all 4 seasons, and I don't think I did anything else for a week. Just couldn't stop watching.

        Delete
    6. I'm loving Sofia Coppola, she just knows how to make things so damn cool. I'm also excited to see Emma Watson in such a role, I'm sure she was great.

      You are aware that your dog is ridiculously cute when he's sleeping like that, right? I just want to pet him forever!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. This is one of my most anticipated of the year, I'm getting a good vibe from the teaser and the promotional stills.

        Oh yes, I always pet him when he is sleeping :) It's also cute that he makes sounds when he is dreaming ^^

        Delete
    7. "I've been rewatching Breaking Bad because it's the best show on TV. Though to be fair, for me the only edge is has over Game of Thrones is the lack of unnecessary scenes filled with tits, so I'd rank season 1 of GoT above it"

      My God. I'm wasting my life. Why am I not watching GoT right now/always?

      Anyway, I too am not thrilled for the second Hunger Games, but I'll see it regardless. Maybe they'll actually try to make the second one watchable.

      My goodness, thanks for the kind words as always! I think I set a personal record for pointless references in that post. Maybe even pointless rambling, too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Why not indeed?! :) It's awesome, thrilling and tits are everywhere there. There are even special scenes in brothel that weren't in the books. I think it's because HBO costs money and they wanted to give their costumers their money's worth :P

        I'll probably catch the sequel on DVD, Hoffman is there so at least one aspect won't suck.

        You're welcome! Pointless references are necessary when reviewing certain films :D

        Delete
      2. You should definitely check out Game of Thrones, M. It is awesome.

        Oh and if there is a Pointless Rambling Award, I wanna be nominated for that. :-P

        Delete
      3. I swear with all the nudity and awesome ways to kill people it's just a perfect show for him :)

        Delete
    8. I love Breaking Bad but I'm afraid to rewatch it because I know I'm gonna lose a week to it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That is exactly what happened to me this week :)

        Delete
    9. I hope Jesse makes out alive too. Such a fantastic character.
      Bling Ring!!!
      Ooo Blue Jasmine. And yes, Richard Armitage for GoT. Maybe we can get a petition going.

      Oh Harry.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I feel so bad for him, Walt really put him through hell so many times during the show :/

        Delete
    10. I wish Awesome Dean Norris ( Hank ) Kill Walter . Imagine Hank Put a bullet In walt's head. It's going to be lot of fun

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Lots of death advocated for on Breaking Bad, I guess I feel naive for hoping that everyone can make it out alive.

        Delete
      2. Hank is really awesome but I don't think he would even say anything about Walt, being concerned for his family. Also the fact he was under his nose for more than a year and Hank didn't know who he is could seriously damage his career.

        Delete
    11. Glad you liked Witness for the Prosecution. Can't wait for The Bling Ring, and I hope the rest of Blue Jasmine is as colorful as that picture.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was a really great film! I hope these two won't disappoint.

        Delete
    12. Haha, completely agree with you on Skyler. No tears would be shed on my end if she were written off the show.

      Looking forward to The Bling Ring! I usually try to stay away from teasers/trailers, but that one is looking really good.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She is such a miserable bitch, I don't know how Walter puts up with her.

        It was really well made, made me wait for movie even more.

        Delete
    13. I need to watch Breaking Bad. My daughter and I tried out a few episodes and thought it was worth continuing the series, but we just have too many damn shows we want to watch. I'll get to it eventually. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, I'm sure you will both love it, the first 4 seasons are absolutely brilliant!

        Delete
    14. Thanks so very much for the link, Sati. I LOVE this post, I always have and now that you've got some Richard Armitage juice-ness I LOVE it even more!! OMG, I missed that interview about the sword, that's hilarous!! RA is so polite so it's nice to see him laugh so hard like that.

      Oooo, I adore miss Blanchett, can't wait to see her in Blue Jasmine and Monuments Men w/ Clooney.

      Aawww poor Gustav... he's sooo adorable in his sleep!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I saw some interviews with him, he is so cute and he does seem a bit shy :)

        I'm so glad Cate is back to doing movies I think the last time I saw her on screen was in Hanna.

        He is, it's when he is awake that there is plenty to do mostly with figuring out where is he hiding and what he stole this time :P

        Delete
    15. That gif of Emma Watson licking her lips is my new favourite thing in the entire world!

      ReplyDelete
    16. I love me some Breaking Bad, the misses and I streamed every available episode in about 3 weeks lol. Love the look of that Bling Ring trailer. I recently re-watched Lost In Translation and it's still amazing. I got to remember to steal my brother HBO Go info so I can watch the new GOT episodes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah HBO GO is the way to go, thank God for it :) I just hate the long wait, I think it's some sort of torture.

        Delete
    17. I'm pretty sure I had left my comment on this post, not sure what happened. Well, I'll thank you again for the linky dinky, Sati :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Found the comment in spam folder, blogger acts paranoid at times :P

        Delete
    18. I'm not even a huge Emma Watson fan but when she pokes out her tongue like that, wow! ;) Hahaha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know! Really hot and memorable :P

        Delete