Friday, March 15, 2013

(70) Yeah. I'm all heart + links

By Sati. Friday, March 15, 2013

  • So I managed to kill the electricity in my entire neighborhood few days back. What happened was I was watching Strike Back and then BAM! Darkness. The flickering in the lamps started as soon as Armitage was shirtless. It's all my fault. I think my ovaries exploded too.
  • God I love British TV. Unlike American TV, those behind it know exactly what the ladies want to see. Every episode, this happened:
  • And I'm pretty sure there was some light bondage action in every single episode too - he kept getting tied up! I think I died and these words are coming to you from beyond. BTW all of this excitement aside - what a great show and a great character - shame the story arc only lasted for 6 episodes - they had to write him off because of The Hobbit. Andrew Lincoln was in the show too which only reminded me I haven't seen The Walking Dead 2 + 3 yet. I have to note some of the lines in Strike Back made me laugh so hard and I'm not sure why - He'll trust me, I'm BRITISH!!!!
  • I saw three movies this week - rewatched The Wizard of Oz on Sunday, heard kids screaming and spent so much money on 3D ticket on Oz on Monday and also watched biopic about Judy Garland during the weekend with Judy Davis in the lead role. She was great, the movie was not. 3h long and it was just a cliche after cliche. Still it's quite saddening that nothing has really changed and young actresses are still pushed to breaking point today.
  • Byzantium finally has a release date - June 28th. It will probably be disappointing, but hey it's Arterton and Ronan
  • It has occurred to me that the next movie I'll see in theater - Oblivion - is a month away. Also there is plenty of really awful films about to hit the screens soon - before Oz I saw that awful Lone Ranger trailer again. I felt as if someone threw feces at me. And there was about 30 minutes of commercials before the movie - my ass went numb.
  • What the fuck is Spring Breakers and why are the news/reviews of it everywhere?
  • Man of Steel new promotional photo was released and it features lovely Amy Adams and super-serious-looking-in-that-costume Henry Cavill. Just one question - what the fresh hell are they staring at?
  • Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is going to be in a new movie with Cameron Diaz. I'd research more about plot but her name is all I need. The man needs to be in better films - he is about to give the best performance in the cast in Game of Thrones 3. Though I suspect Michelle Fairley will challenge him for that title.
  • Speaking of Game of Thrones, HBO press release is missing Iwan Rheon. And it lists pretty much everyone to appear on season 3 in it. I admire them for attempting to hide who he is playing but come on, everyone who is interested in the show already figured it out. There is also a big article about the upcoming season on EW with Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington on the cover - funny thing is that he is doing more acting on those photos than in the actual show. Also apparently pretty soon you will be able to buy Direwolf plushies. So cute!
  • When I saw that photo from Olympus Has Fallen I just couldn't stop laughing at Gerard Butler's face. Are they showing him Playing for Keeps there?
  • Kick-Ass 2 trailer got released. LOOK! Look at all those fucks I don't give!
  • I hate those breaks when Modern Family doesn't air on Wednesday.
  • Cate Blanchett is teaming up with HBO to produce and develop Cancer Vixen. Based on the memoir by Marisa Acocella Marchetto, the story follows a cartoonist, who has to reassess her life after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Here comes the Emmy.
  • Michael Fassbender is no longer a part of Jane's Got a Gun. Terrible news. I was looking forward to him being a hot cowboy. I don't really like Jude Law and he was cast in it, though it's Joel Edgerton who is taking over Fassbender's role. Meh.
  • God I love technology. My new computer is awesome and it's so great not to wait for it to boot 15 minutes as the old one did. I can actually watch things in high definition now! Yey! It's good that I have some discipline and continue to write at least a bit in my dissertation every day. Started the last chapter, finally.
  • I cannot believe I haven't seen Smashed yet. I don't know why. I hope I'll finally watch it this weekend.
  • Bates Motel is premiering this Sunday. I'm buying wine and doing drinking game - whenever the scene will call for face palm, I'll drink. I'm gonna be hammered after 15 minutes.
  • It's actually about to rain TV series - Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Mad Men...new poster for that last one is freaking awesome.

  • links:
    • Eric reviews terrific Leaving Las Vegas
    • m.brown finally got a chance to check out Frankenweenie
    • Chris reviews Stoker, which is one of my most anticipated movies of the year
    • Josh posted his Ultimate Oscar Ballot
    • Alex wrote about Laura Dern's best performances
    • Mark shared his thoughts on The Hobbit
    • Brittani wrote an awesome list of movie/TV moments that left her speechless
    • Mettel Ray enjoyed Burn After Reading which is one of my favorite comedies
    • Ruth finally got around to watching Downton Abbey and wrote her thoughts on why the show is so appealing
    • Andina reviews Oz: The Great and Powerful

    RELATED POSTS: 

    46 comments:

    1. Yay! Friday is finally complete! I should also watch Smashed!
      Lovely post as usual, keeps me on track with all the movie/TV-show related news. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It looks promising, I heard really good things about Winsead's performance.
        Thank you! :)

        Delete
    2. And I'm Javert!!!!! oh, that is funny. I've heard of Strike Back. It's been on Cinemax in the U.S. for about a year or 2.

      I know, I too am sad that Michael Fassbender won't be in the new Lynne Ramsay film. I was hoping for him and Natalie Portman to get it on.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Javert meme is hysterical :) Strike Back season 1 is really awesome, one of the best British series I've seen.

        That would be so hot!

        Delete
    3. Oh Richard Armitage, be still my beating heart!
      Not only do we have season 1 of GoT on DVD, Mum has embraced our new blu-ray player with a passion, and bought season 2 on blu-ray. I have no excuses, at all - I must marathon them both and soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so hot <3333
        Have you seen it before? I think you're going to love the show!

        Delete
    4. "The flickering in the lamps started as soon as Armitage was shirtless. It's all my fault. I think my ovaries exploded too."


      "before Oz I saw that awful Lone Ranger trailer again. I felt as if someone threw feces at me."

      A small sampling of why I submitted you for Funniest, Sati. Hope you get nominated too ;)

      Kick Ass 2 looks great though, LOL. I'm psyched for that movie!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, thank you, I have such a sophisticated sense of humor :P
        I detest first part so unless someone gets me a threesome with Armitage and Fass for watching it, I'm not going to:P

        Delete
    5. Javert is the best :')

      I will watch Strike Back after all these shows. I don't think I can handle more excitement.

      Oo Blanchet project sounds cool. And I don't understand all the Khaleesi-Jon Snow pics. Do they even meet?

      I have to see Smashed too, but I'm not in the mood to watch anything serious.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That meme is so funny ^^

        Ohh it's soooo good :P

        I think EW chose them for the main hero and heroine and the whole ice and fire thing. Some fans actually think in the end they will rule Westeros together.

        Delete
    6. Congrats on your new computer! That's a long wait 15 min. And thanks for the link, Sati.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'm really bummed about Fass leaving Jane's Got a Gun as well. X-Men forced him out. Bummer.

      Spring Breakers is going to be fucking insane. I've heard you either love it or detest it, which has me curious.

      Thanks as always for the link, my friend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, a big shame since I'm sure that new X-Men movie won't be half as good.

        I still don't know what SB is. All I know it's a bunch of half naked chicks partying.

        You're very welcome, loving Lynchian series on the blog! :)

        Delete
    8. Love these posts and love that Mad Men poster, so psyched for the new season! And thank you for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I need to rewatch the previous season - all I remember was Don's new wife singing for his birthday :)

        You're welcome :)

        Delete
    9. "And I'm Javert" ... Ha ha! Is this the "Patrick Bateman of Westeros" guy? I'm still on the second book, so the "Bateman" character you discussed hasn't been introduced. (The idea of a character who makes Joffrey seem "just a spoiled brat" chills me to my netherparts.) But from the characters who've just been mentioned in the 2nd book, I have a guess as to who it is.

      Awesome post as per usual. ;-) The first few paragraphs are classic. It sounds like I need to look into this show that causes electricity to short out and ovaries to explode.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah he is, we hear of him in book 3 but we actually follow him later, however he is involved in too big of a storyline for the show to ignore it in season 3. So I think they will incorporate some things we are told about in book 5 into the show this season.

        He was actually mentioned by one character in season 2 of the show too :)

        Oh you do :) It's really fun, kinda like Bourne movies with a lot of eye candy :P

        Delete
      2. Eye candy is always a good thing!

        I really need to get a move on with this series. I am still on Book 2. I'd like to read all the books ASAP, since the new T.V. series is coming out this month. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to avoid spoilers for too long, and I'd rather have it spoiled by the novels. ;-)

        Delete
      3. The biggest shockers are in book 3 so you are almost there :) The show is changing some stuff around but the core events stay the same. You have to read book 3 by the episode 9 - I'm sure the Internet will blow up with spoilers after it airs :)

        Delete
    10. THANK YOU for the link love AND a thousand more thanks for those Richard Armitage pics, OH LA LA!!! Ha..ha.. your comment about bondage on that show is too funny! Wouldn't that be nice, there's some steamy romance early on between him and a fellow officer too.

      "Olympus Has Fallen" looks horrid, I'm going to a press screening just so see how bad it is. Gerry's career is going down the tubes!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome :) The minute that chick walked in to the room when he was shirtless I just knew they will bang :P Nobody turns that down :)

        I'm so sad Eckhart is in it, he really deserves better material.

        Delete
      2. So have you seen North & South yet? ;-)

        I think EVERYONE in Olympus Has Fallen deserves better material. I'll see how bad it is come Wednesday.

        Delete
      3. No, but I definitely will this week, I'm currently enjoying Richard in Spooks :P

        Delete
      4. Oh I'm waiting for your Richard posts on Spooks. He's fantastic as Lucas North, I actually still have one last episode to watch, I'm kinda putting it off as it's the very last one w/ him on it, y'know. Sooo much intrigue on that show! He's shirtless quite a bit on that one but I wish he didn't have soo much tattoos on his body though. Why cover up such a good thing, ahah.

        Delete
      5. Yeah there are so many tattoos but I greatly appreciate the shirtless scenes:P

        Delete
    11. Thanks for the link. Seems you and I are at opposite of end of the computer spectrum. I now actually want to have a fist fight with mine. I'd be happy with 15 minutes. Piece of shit.

      Anyway, with you on The Lone Ranger, but I have a bad feeling I'll end up seeing it.

      I think you set a record for number of pictures featuring people gazing off into the distance. Love the variety of expressions, too.

      Fresh Hell!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Mine finally gave up working so there was no choice but to buy new one. If I waited any longer it would probably off itself like your TV - but this one was beyond the possibility of coming back from the grave :)

        I'll probably see it too, but on DVD - and only for HBC and Ruth Wilson.

        Haha, yeah now that I look at it, it seems that I did :)

        Delete
    12. Thanks for the link! (Yes, I'm going nuts commenting on blog today)

      That final GIF made me laugh. Seriously.

      That also sounds like a good drinking game for Bates Motel!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! And thank you, much appreciated!

        Delete
    13. I literally laughed out loud at the whole And I'm Javert icon- my collegues were starring at me :)
      Iwan Rheon will be in Game of Thrones season 3? OH.MY.GOD :D great news! also great news: Sherlock season 3 started shooting today

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It continues to make me laugh, poor Crowe ;)
        Yep, he has one of the most...interesting new characters to play ^^

        Delete
    14. Thank you so much for the link, Sati!

      Did you end up watching Smashed? I caught it over the weekend and thought it was great. Was a bit shocked to sign onto Letterboxd afterward and see so many negative reviews of it. :\

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome!

        I haven't come around to watching it yet, hopefully I'll manage to find the time somewhere this week. Really? O had no idea it was getting negative reviews, most of the people said it was good, but letterbocd is a goofy place ^^

        Delete
    15. That gifset is hilarious hahaha! I cannot wait for Mad Men!!!

      Amy Adams and Henry Cavill are a good looking on screen couple.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They look so great together, I hope they will have strong chemistry in the movie!

        Delete
    16. Me too! I can't wait for Adams to prove the haters (mainly people on IMDB haha) wrong.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, the high and mighty critics on Movie Awards don't have faith in her? Shame they will be proven wrong again :P

        Delete
    17. Sati you're killing me with the shirtless Armitage photo!

      ReplyDelete
    18. What is Spring Breakers? It sounds like that Selma Blair/Cameron Diaz/Christina Applegate bomb, The Sweetest Thing, but with 3 teen pop stars and the director's daughter playing out a plot out of Natural Born Killers, or that Drew Barrymore movie where she and her lover go on the road with a gun. Those comparisons may sound kind of interesting, but...

      As near as I can tell, it's part of an ongoing attempt to give us the Gen Y/Gen Z equivalent of Porky's and other 80's sex comedies, but with a modern edge...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It really does. Apparently it's written by some indie writer who is well known in some circles. I have no idea where the buzz is coming from though, as most of his other films are very little known.

        Delete
    19. I expect to be disappointed with Byzantium and Man of Steel, but I'm keeping my hopes up. Not expecting much with Oblivion, except for the score.

      Haha. That Hairspray/Les Mis gif killed me.

      Thanks for the link! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure about Man of Steel, I think Nolan as a producer may help make it a good movie. If it was Snyder on his own it would be a complete disaster.

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete