Friday, April 26, 2013

(76) Khaleesi, just kiss Jorah already, seriously. This is madness. + links

By Sati. Friday, April 26, 2013
  • You and me both, Robb.
  • God what a hellish week. I decided to hand over my dissertation on Monday, so I've been working on it for hours each day. I read so many legal acts I feel like I would be dead by now but I'd never die during the season of Game of Thrones so it is the only thing that keeps me going.
  • The upside is that if everything goes well, I'll defend it in May. So that means two things - with my luck if I had to defend it in June, I'd have to go to University probably on Monday  right after Episode 9. And I don't plan on doing anything the following day but cry and yell "WHY?!". The second good thing is that once it's done, I'm law school graduate which means for the next 5 months I don't have to do anything but fall into the bottomless pit of legal documents I have to learn for bar exam. I cannot fucking believe I'm going to have to learn labor law for the third time. Wait...why the hell do I count this as an "upside", again?
  • On Monday I had my window opened and I heard my neighbor yell "DAENERYS!!!" no doubt while he was watching the ending to the last episode. I wonder how many people chanted DRACARYS all over the world. The ratings for the show are continuously growing and I predict this Sunday's episode may hit 5 million.
  • Myself, I was pretty much like Jorah during this scene. Just smiling and nodding away, like an idiot. God, they handled that scene so beautifully.
  • KISS HIM YOU FOOL!!!
  • Oh, Robb. You're fine but you're simple.
  • I still cannot believe he banged that nurse. And that one time when the nudity would be plausible we didn't get to see Robb naked in the sex scene. The ratio of female nudity to male nudity is just outrageous. If bath scene happens this Sunday, can we at least see Jaime's ass?
  • I had no idea Peter Dinklage had a child. This is so unbelievably cute.
  • I love imdb Game of Thrones forum. Before the episode aired someone wrote "she gives them the translator dressed as a dragon. Mormont will dress as translator to fool them".
  • Is there any wonder The Lannisters are controling the throne? I see something like this and I think...NO.
  • And then there is this....
  • I kinda love the fact the biggest mystery about this Sunday's episode is "Will Jon Snow figure out where to put it?".



  • Game of Thrones facebook recaps continue to be amazing.
  • Get this - I'm going to the ball tomorrow. I really don't know why. I have a dress and everything. The only thing that makes me happy is that I'm going to hang out with my friend there, before she heads over to her home town.
  • I really enjoyed Thor - Dark World trailer. Much better than recent Man of Steel promo. Thor is actually one of my favorite superhero movies, I even prefer it to Avengers. I don't know why everyone whine about Natalie Portman - her character's romance with Thor is my favorite in all of the superhero films. There is this one shot in the trailer where she is hovering. I really hope they won't kill her off.
  • Another trailer we got this week was the one for The Bling Ring. It looks great. Those teenagers are hilarious (is this the word I'm looking for?) and Emma Watson's voice sounds awesome.
  • In another movie news while I still don't hear anything about Richard Armitage getting a flood of offers after The Hobbit (the fuck is that all about?) Lee Pace, who wanted to play the hero in The Guardians of Galaxy and lost the casting was cast in the movie after all. And even in a better role as he will play the villain. Villains are usually much more loved and remembered by the audience, so I couldn't be more happy. Especially that the most important thing here is that the villains are so much hotter than heroes.
  • So not only is Chloe Moretz much too pretty to play Carrie to begin with but you actually go and retouch her face for the poster? Can someone please save the people in charge of this film from themselves?
  • Not surprisingly, I had absolutely no time to watch any films this week. On Monday however I plan to see at least three movies  because honestly once I publish my Somewhere review I have no idea what the hell to review here.
  • Apparently People's magazine chose Gwyneth Paltrow as The World's most beautiful woman? Have they even seen Christina Hendricks?!
  • That reminds me I should catch up with Mad Men. But ever since they pimped out Joan in last season I can't bring myself to watch it. God, what a cheap maneuver that was.
  • I didn't have the strength to go see Oblivion this week after all. The library truly is the most evil, life-force annihilating place in the world and this is something Parks and Rec got exactly right. I cannot believe I have to go there again in the morning. 
  • While they did get that right, last week's episode had so many embarrassing Game of Thrones errors. Yes, I wrote the word embarrassing. I'm a geek crossed with a nerd. Anyways, it's awesome there are all those shout outs (especially since Rob Lowe said The Americans is the best show on TV and not some show about "trolls". He literally wrote that on his twitter. LITERALLY.) but honestly calling Tyrion Lannister the Lord of Casterly Rock? And don't get me started on Ben's pronunciation of Qarth. The last person who mispronounced it was locked in the vault to be eaten by huge black guy. Remember this, Ben.
  • I did watch few episodes of Rome, season 1. It's nowhere near Game of Thrones but it's quite entertaining and I love Polly Walker's performance. I really like Lena Headey's work as Cersei but I wish she played her more like Walker did with her character. I'm also enjoying the depiction of Cleopatra in the show. The guys' story lines do not interest me half as much as those intrigues between the women. Also Kevin McKidd's character is such a fool I can barely get through his scenes.
  • Few days ago I woke up and Gustav was sleeping on the pillow next to me and he put his paws in the palm of my hand. Awww, Unfortunately, he is getting vaccinated on Monday so he will be really pissed off. I hope he won't bite my face off while I sleep.
  • Yes, photoshop and me copying stuff from my camera = Gustav gifs.

  • links:
    • m.brown finally had a chance to see Django Unchained
    • Eric reviews Trance
    • Share your choices for horrible replacements in TV series that ruined the shows on flixchatter. Remember Randy in That's 70's Show? Oh, God.
    • Fogs reviews charming Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
    • Sarah reviews Marta Marcy May Marlene, which I plan to feature in one of the future Visual Parallels posts.
    • Chris and Alex review Oblivion

    RELATED POSTS:

    40 comments:

    1. I would so wish that Randy character never existed in the first place. He was definitely the worst thing in that final season of That 70s Show. Some of the stories in that show w/o him were bad enough but he just lowered the bar for everything else.

      I love that new trailer for The Bling Ring as well as the one for Thor w/ Loki's new long hair. Tom Hiddleston is so pretty.

      BTW, have you seen that new gif of Emilia Clarke after an explosion where a pair of sunglasses falls down on her face? She is way prettier than Gwyneth Paltrow.

      Christina Hendricks is also way more beautiful than Gwyneth. Those writers at People must've been listening to fucking Coldplay. Those guys suck!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He was so cringe worthy. I really had to fast forward the scenes. It added nothing to the show that he was there, pretty much ever since Steven found his dad the show started going downhill rapidly.

        I did! I love all those tumblr memes :P She looked so badass with that fire behind her no wonder people are inspired :P

        I have no idea what the hell happened. I think they just wanted her on the cover because of Iron Man 3, nobody in their right mind would actually chose her as the most beautiful.

        Delete
    2. You have so many great gifs on this post. (as always) "What is this sorcery?" actually gets said quite a bit in my household. That's awesome you're about to be a law student grad! That's so exciting! Also, this gif made me think of you: http://media.tumblr.com/705d789f5adef98c0bee35e68f86e653/tumblr_inline_mlu3y9J3Rj1qz4rgp.gif

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Actually being law student grad means a lifetime of boredom, but I hope once the bar exam is passed and everything is done at least I'm going to be well paid :)

        Haha, I love this one :P

        Delete
    3. Oh! And Alex told me that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is only in Oblivion for like 5 minutes. In case that helps sway your decision.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, I've seen your conversation, no way I'm paying to see that in theaters! God, they should really use Nikolaj more :(

        Delete
    4. JORAH JORAH JORAH JORAH!
      I love that you are crushing on Robb now :P

      I wonder if your loving Thor has something to do with a certain Mr. Elba...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah he was not in the last episode and in absence the heart grows fonder :P And he is about to have a badass scene this week, finally :)

        I didn't like his part in first movie I hope he has better things to do in next one. I don't think I even spotted him in the trailer.

        Delete
    5. Lol, seriously love these GoT gifs, do you pull them form other places or make them yourself?

      Anyways I like that you mentioned the Parks and Rec errors, I don't get why they go through so much trouble to reference the show that specifically and then get it wrong... Oh well, I still love Parks, so I'll forgive them

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I take them from tumblr unless there is no gif I'm looking for. But the ones in reviews I make myself, since it would be impossible to find just the right combination of scenes.

        It's weird, especially since Ben is supposed to be such a big nerd :P

        Delete
    6. After seeing almost three seasons of The Good Wife I am in love with law. But then again, I don't have to remember all of those things and there seems to be A LOT! Plus, it's only a show, I can imagine the real life is much less interesting and less sarcastic.
      Haven't seen any movies as well.. up until now, watching something horrible now in order to criticize myself out of my lack of motivation. Though it feels weird not to watch The Good Wife.

      Is it just me or does Chloe look a bit like Scarlett Johansson on that poster?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. In love withnlaw? Well, I guess it's possible with the romanticized version in tv shows. Sarcastic sure, as for interesting...depending what people like, I guess. I can't imagine dealing with anything else than criminal law. Even if everything else is more profitable, I'd be bored out of my mind.

        Little bit, yeah! The way they retouch really changes people's appearance - it's completely ridiculous.

        Delete
      2. Criminal law sounds interesting to me on the show as well but indeed, the show is not reality and let's just say I'm liking the show-law very much. Plus the fact that they keep the relationships very off screen but still have them which is interesting and refreshing.

        And it's not like their ugly people or something! They look good without the retouching and ironically, usually the retouching makes them look uglier.

        Delete
      3. Well, American law system is actually quite dynamic, I only saw few episodes of the show but even if it's not realistic their system is probably the best in the world and it would be really wonderful if every country used that.

        Yes, absolutely. Not only they look fake but much worse too. I really don't understand why they keep doing that.

        Delete
    7. Congrats on handing over your dissertation, and hope you and your friend enjoy the ball. Your dog looks as cute as ever!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Yeah he has been super adorable this week as well as misbehaved :P

        Delete
    8. Dissertation? Exams? Blogging like a fiend? I do NOT know how you do it!!

      Thor's one of my favourites from the Marvel universe too - probably second to Avengers. Loved the story in Thor, the romance felt real and it looked original. Looking forward to the next one.

      Christina Hendricks is a goddess. Seriously. Met her a couple of times years ago, pre-Mad Men when she did a few Firefly conventions. Such a genuinely nice person. And stunning in the flesh.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, well I suppose, but there are some bloggers who post daily! I barely manage to get 3 posts done a week. I don't sleep much. I'd love to sleep longer, but there is so much to do.

        I really liked humor in Thor. The film was entertaining, funny and the characters were interesting and likable.

        Really? That's awesome! She is such a breathtaking beauty.

        Delete
    9. Good work on the dissertation! Must feel good to finally hand it over.

      I'm working my way through Game of Thrones at the moment (and loving it), so soon I'll hopefully be able to read your posts in a little more depth!

      Thanks for the linkage!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, I hope I won't have to make any corrections because honestly it was such a pain in the ass to write :P

        AWESOME, glad you're enjoying the show!

        You're very welcome!

        Delete
    10. Thanks for the linkage, Sati. THose pics of Dinklage with his kid are pretty cool, no?

      I agree with you on the Bling Ring, I think it looks pretty good, too.

      That Khaleesi unbound scene WAS freaking awesome. LOL :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yes, so adorable! I bet he is an awesome dad.

        I just wish someone banged Jorah already. He follows her through this sand and heat and he gets nothing. Worst gig ever.

        Delete
    11. HUGE congrats on handing in your dissertation. Those pictures of Peter Dinklage are just darling.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure if congrats are deserved - I just wrote a bunch of crap :P
        He is so lovely! Such a great guy.

        You're very welcome!

        Delete
    12. Good luck with your dissertation and studying for the bar exam!

      I liked Thor too. Looking forward to the sequel, and The Bling Ring can't come soon enough.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I will need so much luck and for my brain to stop being, you know...stupid :P

        These two look awesome :)

        Delete
    13. Best of luck with your dissertation! All my housemates keep telling me to start watching Game of Thrones, I will get round to it hahah!

      I can't wait for The Bling Ring! Watson looks like she really gets the character. As for Thor 2, I'm sure your aware how excited I already am for it. I don't get the hate for Portman either, I loved hers and Hemsworth's chemistry and relationship in the film. Plus, they're a good looking couple haha. As for the hovering shot, I'm pretty sure I know what's happening. I won't spoil anything though.

      MORE GUSTAV GIFS PLEASE!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Oh, it's an awesome show. If something gets me to read the books - it means it's amazing. And I read them TWICE.

        She looks amazing in the movie.

        I really liked Natalie in the first film, she was so cute and fun to watch. I just hope she will live through the film :)

        Delete
    14. Okay, I can barely focus here with that picture of Hendricks. After every three words I scroll up and stare like a newborn baby.

      Er, anyway, thanks for the link, as always. Congrats on completing your dissertation. That's all kinds of badass.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She is so stunning. If I looked like her I'd do nothing. People would throw diamonds at me.

        You're welcome! I just hope they will like it :)

        Delete
    15. Thanks again for the link, you're awesome!! Ah, now I know Iain Glen is Jorah... oooh I like those gifs of him carrying Daenerys, sheesh that's such a hard name to type in! I kind of feel that way about Col. Brandon in Sense & Sensibility (yes I know it's a completely DIFFERENT story), but you know what I mean, he gave everything for Marian. So is Jorah in love with that blond girl then? Seriously I might have to bite the bullet and watch this thing already, ahah, if I've got the time that is.

      Gustav gifs!! Sooo cute! I like your bright red manicure too.

      And yeah, Christina Hendricks is a thousand times more beautiful, sexier and way more WOMAN than Gwyneth will ever be!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh yes, he saves her a lot in the series, but he is an exile and she is the rightful Queen so she looks down on him...that's not right :) He loves her, but initially he spied on her. He brought news of her to the current king, who abolished her dynasty, but when Jorah realized he loved her, he stopped. The show is really worth watching, it's a complete deconstruction of traditional fantasy genre so it's very fun to watch.

        Yeah, he likes attacking me and try to bite my fingers :P The more colorful my nails the more he likes attacking my hand :)

        She is so lovely. I love her figure, Gwyneth looks like she would snap in half if a wind hit her :P

        Delete
      2. Ahah, so true about Gwyneth, I mean she's attractive but I don't think she's most beautiful even in her country, let alone the world!! Meh.

        Btw, yeah it's such a bummer we still don't hear anything about Richard Armitage getting a flood of offers after The Hobbit. It's really a travesty!!

        Delete
      3. Exactly, it's probably a part of Iron Man 3 marketing campaign.

        I really don't understand what is going on there :/

        Delete
    16. Lee Pace as a bad guy. It is such a paradox, that one of the most charming men in the industry (see "Pushing Daisies" and "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day", please) is now only being pursued for antagonist-parts; Galaxy, "Lincoln" and, to an extent, "The Hobbit". I love it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure "now" applies. He was the bad guy waaaay back in Infamous and The Good Shephard.

        Delete
    17. I always look forward to your weekly wrap-ups, especially now that you're in full-on Game of Thrones mode. :D Love the GIFs (and Gustav, too!). Thanks for the link this week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Yeah, it's always GoT filled between April-June :)

        Delete
    18. I'm so glad I'm into GoT now so I can appreciate all your GIF's and humour! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awesome! Glad you are enjoying the show! :)

        Delete