Friday, May 3, 2013

(77) I told you to keep quiet about that fucking mill. + links

By Sati. Friday, May 3, 2013

  • Oh, HBO. Thank you. For that rain and that open shirt. Thank you so very  much.
  • As I requested last Friday, we did see Jaime's ass in last episode. So I'd like to formally request that we see naked Richard Madden this Sunday. Please. Please. PLEASE.
  • I'm fairly certain I got high last Sunday. Through my eyes. While watching that scene below. Nobody gifed it so I needed to. It's hard to make gifs when your hands are shaking.
  • I really love it how everyone is getting screwed over for 55 minutes than Tywin appears out of nowhere and wins just by using words and refusing to take shit from anyone.
  • Sansa is a dumbass again so I don't feel bad for her. And hey, there are worse fates than marrying the one person in King's Landing that actually cares about your well being.
  • The mill situation would probably top my unintentionally hilarious moments if I did the list now. Edmure was so proud for taking that mill, Blackfish was all like shut the fuck up about the mill already and Robb shouting "Instead I have a mill!" made me laugh so freaking hard.. And now these boys were killed and every single person told Robb not to kill Karstark and then the scene cuts to him killing Karstark. Yes, Edmure how awesome you took that mill.
  • Seriously, though. That moment on the right. Whenever I thought of it this week I kept laughing. I was drinking coffee, I remembered it, bam, coffee on the desk. Casterly Rock has not been conquered for thousands of years and is the second biggest castle in all the seven kingdoms. And Robb wants to take it. My God, his armies can't even take the mill without it turning into gigantic shitstorm. Even if he had his 20,000 men he had in the beginning of the war he wouldn't do it. The biggest castle is Harrenhal and it only fell because of the dragons. Robb doesn't have dragons. I'm not even sure he has a brain. What am I missing? Is he smoking crack with Talisa which makes him so incredibly dumb? Oh  my God, please please please just sit your sexy ass on the horse and go back to Winterfell. The Casterly Rock plan is show's invention - it may actually work, since I'm not sure Tywin Lannister appreciates just how insane brilliant fucking stupid Robb is.
  • Can we just give Nikolaj Coster Waldau an Emmy? Seriously. Also that guy who plays Roose Bolton is incredible. He totally gets his character. That show has such a terrific casting, it's like some of those people stepped out of the pages of the book.
  • Facebook recap of the recent episode is amazing. I love they highlighted how badass that "Hang him last" line was.
  • Robert Downey Jr is a national treasure, isn't he?
  • Him ranting about Gwyneth Paltrow talking French was hilarious.
  •  So I caught up with Bates Motel and while some of it is good, the writing is just awful. There is everything in this show - it's supposed to be in a small town but damn - creepy sheds? check. Sex slaves? check. Gangsters? check. Strip clubs? check. Yes, the show about Norman Bates has Asian sex slaves subplot. But that's not even the worst thing - what the hell is with all those scenes with dogs dying in TV series and movies lately? There was this cute dog that got run over in a very graphic scene. What kind of sick fucks are writing stuff like that? Just despicable. After seeing that I had to wake up Gustav and hug him for a while.
  • Gustav got vaccinated on Monday so he was terrorizing everyone this whole week out of spite. I'm astonished I didn't go deaf in the waiting line. We had to wait for 15 minutes and Gustav kept barking the whole time. I had to hold him because there were other dogs there and he is always bothering every single dog he sees. I bought him bones and new treats but he is still mad, though it's warm outside so he is allowed to go on balcony, lie on the blanket and observe the playground which is one of his favorite things.
  • So the gigantic hedgehog is back. I was walking Gustav last night and he started barking at something. There it was. And that's not everything. As soon as I saw it, 20 fucking boars run in front of us. Have I mentioned I really love living near the woods?
  • This week cinematic corner reached 700,000 views. Thank you so much for visiting and reading this incredible shit.
  • I saw Side Effects this week. It wasn't very good. Boring and chaotic. I hope that HBO film they keep promoting every Sunday before GoT is much better because for Soderbergh to retire on such a low note would be...lame.
  • I wonder if the people on the set of Jane's Got a Gun realize how much of the joke that production is? Bradley Cooper dropped out this week...to do some movie about cooking I hear? Wow.
  • So they are doing new Macbeth movie and apparently Michael Fassbender is going to play the lead role! I hope he doesn't drop out of this one, he would be amazing in this. Natalie Portman is rumoured to play Lady Macbeth. While if she played the part like her most insane scenes in Black Swan she would be good, I'm not sure about that casting.
  • There is new Richard Armitage photoshoot that may kill me.

  • links:
    • Josh reviews Trance, which looks quite fun
    • m.brown checked out House at the End of the Street, which looks like a laugh riot
    • Alex shared 22 things he loves about Goodfellas
    • Eric had a chance to check out Mud, which I'm looking forward to
    • Ruth asks about your favorite performance form the year so far. I haven't participated, having seen only 3 of this year's movies. Thank you college. 
    • Keith chooses 5 summer movies he is excited about and 5...not so much.
    • Alex Thomas reviews The Place Beyond the Pines
    • Mettel Ray celebrates 3 years of blogging
    • Jack reviews Iron Man 3, which I'll hopefully see this weekend.

    RELATED POSTS:

    38 comments:

    1. THANKS so much for the link, always appreciated.

      This Rob guy is growing on me, and that's just from seeing his pictures here, ahah. He is indeed gorgeous, especially when wet :D

      Hey congrats on 700,000 views!! I'm not surprised at all that you got there much quicker than I did. Keep up the great work Sati!

      Ooooh Richard!! Sooo dreamy. And there he is tormenting us once again whilst clad in black leather [sigh]

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome!

        Oh yes! unfortunately he is a Stark and Starks get fucked over the most :(

        Thank you so much! It wouldn't be possible without all of you!

        Yes, those leather pics...so good :P

        Delete
      2. I think Richard should ALWAYS dressed in black leather, but I prefer him to be slightly more disheveled, that's why I think his Guy of Gisborne look is just PERFECT!! Ok so maybe lay off on the eye shadow thing a bit, ahah.

        Btw, I totally agree with what you said about Side Effects!

        Delete
      3. Yeah the eye shadow thing wasn't really necessary :P

        I was so bored during that movie :/

        Delete
      4. I know! Richard's got such beautiful eyes already, no augmentation necessary ;) I have to admit that in some scenes the eye liner somehow still look so darn sexy on him. Case in point: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Cz7KMKqziYk/S6_nLWctNJI/AAAAAAAADBk/u8ZQKkO_6ro/s1600/vlcsnap-00070.jpg

        [thud] :P

        Delete
      5. Oh, he still looks amazing! I actually started watching the show, his character is awesome but the show itself isn't exactly on the same level.

        I don't like guys with any sort of make up on, really...that's not manly at all :P

        Delete
    2. Awww, shame you didn't dig Side Effects, I really enjoyed it! Will be interesting how Soderbergh's HBO one goes, will be keepeing an ear out for Cannes responses.

      Love your GIF's, especially the one at the very bottom. I felt so bad for Tyrion but at least Cersei got screwed over too. I have way more sympathy for Sansa then you do, poor girl :( haha.

      My new seating position at work has a really bad spot for viewing your lovely GIF's, can't enjoy them as much at work as I used to, have to do it when I get home! :)

      Grats on the 700K views, that' a lot! And thanks for the linkage, I've been quiet lately but I blame the lack of good movies :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That HBO movie looks good, they are really playing that trailer all the time. Looks much faster paced and interesting than Side Effects.

        Sansa just seems...so naive. She trusts everyone around her, just like Robb. And Tyrion is a good guy, so he won't hurt her.

        Oh, sorry to hear that. I am still using my back up laptop so making those here is kinda a challenge :)

        You're welcome! Yes, it's hard for me to watch anything too, nothing good is on DVDs yet.

        Delete
    3. Replies
      1. I'm pretty sure that thing could be weaponized :P

        Delete
    4. GOT does have a great cast, I would say among the best of the best and it deserves all the awards! I'm almost done with the first book as well but man, it's taking me a long time.
      Bates Motel with sex clubs? Well, I'm glad I stopped watching it.
      In terms of pets holding grudges, I'm constantly pushing the cat washing to the near future because I don't want the wrath of those claws! :D

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah it's not an easy read. For me getting through Bran's and Sam's chapters is a struggle. I really hope the cast gets awards for this season, Christe, Waldau and Williams have been outstanding.

        Yes, it just continues to be more and more ridiculous.

        Haha! Gustav actually likes bath time :)

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    5. Yeah, I saw a post not exactly in favor of Portman's casting. It also provided a list of actresses who'd be more suited, some I could see working. Oh, and here's the link.

      http://stalepopcornau.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-do-these-actresses-have-in-common.html

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Some of those are good choices, but I'm not sure if they would be right fit for Fassbender. Winona Ryder would be intriguing, though.

        Delete
    6. Love your GoT gifs! I think I'd have a heart attack if I saw a boar. Whenever I think of them, I imagine them attacking Old Yeller, and that makes me sad. Stupid movie.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm kinda used to them, my dumbass neighbors keep feeding them so they are practically pets now. I always try to go the other way when i see them though.

        Delete
    7. LOL, Bates Motel HAS been ridiculous, glad you know what I mean now. I dont even know why I watch it, its so bad. :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Nestor Carbonell is especially awful to watch. He used to be so good in LOST here he is so terrible. And those lines! Jesus, "People suck" or Norma yelling NOOORMAAAAN every 5 minutes...

        Delete
    8. Should I catch up on GoT? I keep thinking I should because I'm missing out on something but I've got Hunger Games, then Divergent(???), catching up on Doctor Who...
      Gustav - so adorable! I hugged my dog Lola after that Bates Motel episode too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You definitely should! Season 3 is insane.

        Thank you! Yeah, that scene was so terrible to watch :(

        Delete
      2. I'll have to put GoT on my list of things to catch up on! :D

        Delete
    9. Congratulations on reaching 700,000 views!

      Sorry you didn't like Side Effects. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Behind the Candelabra.

      Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I'll definitely see it when it airs on hBO, looks good!

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    10. Blah, I can't be bothered to watch Side Effects, I'll probably get around to it in a couple of months :P Congrats on your site views! That's amazing :)

      That gifset of RDJ/Paltrow is hilarious haha!

      I adore Portman. However, even I think she's wrong for the role. I'm hoping she surprises though. Apparently she's been wanting to play Lady Macbeth for years, so at least she's gonna give it her all.

      Winona Ryder would be perfect for it in my opinion.

      PS - I can't see Portman pulling off a scottish accent haha.
      PPS - Thank you for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, you're really not missing much. It was such a forgettable movie.

        Thank you!

        Well if no one drops out of the movie...it seems to me that actors are becoming more and more unprofessional with each project. They keep abandoning it and then they star in crap.

        Winona would be fantastic, I'd love to see her and the Fass in one film.

        Oh God, I hope she doesn't even try to pull it off! :P

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    11. 700,000!!!!!!!!! Amazing congrats!

      ReplyDelete
    12. So we get to see Jaime's ass? Maybe the makers of Game of Thrones, or as Pete Turner's wife calls it, Game of Titties, have finally caught on to the fact that straight chicks watch this show too. Hah!

      I hope Gustav has recovered from his trauma and quit terrorizing everyone. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. YES! Very nice too :P I think they did, there is a bit more male nudity in season 3 :)

        He has recovered, but he is always terrorizing everyone :)

        Delete
      2. Glad to hear the good news about the increased level of male nudity. :-) I have nothing against looking at breasts but it doesn't exactly rock my world. It's not like I don't have a pair of my own. I just want a little equity and fairness here. :-P

        Delete
      3. Exactly, it's all about fairness :)

        And also about hot naked guys, a little bit :P

        Delete
    13. Thanks so much for the link!

      Jane's Got a Gun really does sound like a damn mess, doesn't it? I really wonder if that'll ever come together.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It sure does. Fass and Portman better stick to that Macbeth movie, everyone should abandon the Jane's Got a Gun ship.

        Delete
    14. As always, I'm waaaaaaaay late, but wanted to express my gratitude for the link!

      I've been slowly getting through GoT with my wife (she has yet to make it through a complete episode awake), so I've been ducking a lot of your posts. As a point of reference, the last scene we saw involved some naked Guy being towed by a horse in some dick-swinging awfulness. Dude was just trying to sell some delicious wine.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome! :)

        Ah, so still on season 1! Yes, that is one of the few dicks in the series. The ratio of dicks to tits is awful and the dicks we actually see are not the ones I want to see :)

        Delete
    15. Thanks for the link!

      And congrats on passing 700,000 views! Quite the milestone there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Thank you, I can't wait for 1,000,000 :)

        Delete