Friday, May 31, 2013

(81) And Roslin wept... + links

By Sati. Friday, May 31, 2013
  • Well my week was a slight improvement over the shitstorm of last one. My dissertation finally got approved. If nothing fucks up I'm gonna defend it next Friday so keep your fingers crossed!
  • I've been learning criminal procedure for hours each day. It's actually not going horribly as surprisingly I haven't forgotten everything. My mother is coming with me to the university on the big day. Maybe she will flirt with my professor or something cause seriously I need all the help I can get. We are bringing Gustav with us too.
  • Still the most important thing is obviously this Sunday's upcoming episode of Game of Thrones. Oh my God. It's finally here. I'm so not ready for this. I'm just not emotionally prepared at all. This is the single most anticipated event of the year for me. I sincerely hope everyone remained unspoiled and will survive it. I cannot freaking believe in 2 days I will actually see it in the show. I read that chapter so many times, it was incredible. I've got my wine and tissues ready. Also if you don't want to get spoiled you may wanna skip next week's Rambling Friday because it's going to be a very special post about this very special event.
  • I actually started having nightmares about it again. One of them was that they didn't show what will make this episode so unforgettable. And then Henry Cavill as Superman showed up. I'd say I'm going insane but I think I have crossed that bridge long time ago.
  • Sunday was tough. No new Game of Thrones. It was unnatural. I almost wept.
  • Season 3 soundtrack is being released next Tuesday. This is fucking fantastic, since this is pretty much all I'm listening to and I know the first two soundtracks by heart.
  • All of those Man of Steel promos are actually making me excited for the movie. Amy Adams is so lucky!
  • In other really frustrating news Fassy has been seen hanging out with Bradley Cooper and some random chick in London. I have nothing.
  • I didn't have the time to see new season of Arrested Development, but people seem obsessed with it, watching the whole season at once. I'm probably going to do that next weekend if everything goes well.
  • I mentioned Amy Adams before - check her out on the set of American Hustle. OH MY GOD.
  • Blue is the Warmest Color won Palme d'or during Cannes festival. The film looks really interesting and as a big fan of Lea Seydoux I can't wait to see it.
  • Speaking of Lea, first picture of the new Beauty and the Beast adaptation was released. She plays the beauty and Vincent Cassell plays the beast. The photo looks a bit odd, but the film is being made by the same dude who did Brotherhood of the Wolves, so at the very least I'm hoping it will be really creepy and visually stunning.
  • I can't stop laughing at the first picture of Fassy and McAvoy from the set of X-Men Days of the Future Past

  • links:

  • Few weeks ago this happened on tumblr:
  • This week this happened:
  • RELATED POSTS:

    30 comments:

    1. THANK YOU for the link love, you're the best!!

      Hey, I wanted to hear more about your dream about Madden and Cavill, come on, it's got to be juicy w/ both of 'em ;-)

      Oh man, I'm soooo jealous of Amy Adams!! I love that mid-air almost kiss... again, sooo green w/ envy!! Well in real life it's Gina Carano who's the luckiest gal in the whole world!!

      Haven't seen Fassy in a while, miss him!! Ahah, that pic of Fassy and McAvoy w/ his 70s hair is a hoot!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're very welcome! Glad you had a chance to check that one out.

        It wasn't, they weren't naked or anything :( But it's nice when they randomly show up :D

        Carano is dating Henry Cavill? Holy shit, I had no idea! She could break him in half!

        The film is going to be hilarious :)

        Delete
      2. You didn't know? I thought you know more about those things than I do, ahah. Well I saw them together at some award show and they seemed cozy. I like Gina too, and yeah she could break him in half! Well maybe not after Henry's been training so hard for Man of Steel.

        Here are some pics:

        http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjMxODA3MzY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg2MjYxOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY960_.jpg

        http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/henry-tokyo/henry-cavill-gina-carano-tokyo-twosome-01.jpg

        http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/cavill-great/henry-cavill-gina-carano-great-british-film-reception-04.jpg

        What an adorable couple. It'd be cool if she's cast as Wonder Woman ;)

        Delete
      3. Nah, I had no idea! The only way I'm ever aware of celebrity gossip is if I see any of imdb or tumblr.

        They look so nice together!

        Delete
    2. Can't wait for Sunday which will be my Monday! I was supposed to work on Monday but the schedule got shifted so I'm actually off work which means GAME OF THRONES!
      I'll most likely end up watching the big event first and then catching up on my reading. Haven't felt like reading for a while because I'm getting settled in but soon.. books are looking good in my new shelf.

      Good luck to you next week with all your school stuff! If I'd had the power I'd schedule in a spa day for you here in Ireland but I think I'm not allowed.. Damn it! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awesome, can't wait for your reaction to the episode!

        Based on what I'm hearing there are changes so you may like the episode better without the knowledge of what happens in the books.

        Owww, thank you! :)

        Delete
    3. Thank you for the link! I can't believe we're so close to episode 9! I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I just re-read that chapter again to prepare myself. (Although, now if any little detail is different, I will definitely notice) I look forward to your post about it. And oh my God, that shirt on McAvoy...LOL

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yeah I read it too, I just cannot wait though I'm even more eagerly anticipating the final shot of episode 10, since there is no certainty what it will be.

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the link love. That picture of Amy Adams.... WHOA!!!!!

      I'm excited for Blue is the Warmest Colour as I hope that it's worthy of the Palme d'Or. Plus, I like Lea Seydoux.

      Oh, I heard the woman Michael Fassbender is with is some Olympian he might be dating.

      I also saw Anne Hathaway dying her hair back to brunette... thank God. I didn't like her as a blonde.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, she looks so amazing!

        It looks like an interesting movie, so happy for Lea.

        He sure knows how to pick them :D

        I don't understand what happened there. She had blonde hair for 20 days. Did she change that to go with her outfit? Celebrities are weird.

        Delete
    5. Holy shit, I just got WAY more excited for American Hustle. Wow.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Looks good, doesn't it?:D

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    6. Good luck with your dissertation!

      Haha, love that Office shot. Brilliant.

      Can't wait for Game of Thrones!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Hope you liked the episode!

        Delete
    7. Good luck defending your dissertation!

      I'm also looking forward to Blue is the Warmest Color. Ooh, I forgot about the new Beauty and the Beast, but I'll definitely see it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        Same here, sounds interesting and Lea is enough for me to watch it.

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link, Sati. I appreciate it!

      And can I say, damn, just damnnnnn, about that Amy Adams pic? DAMN.

      Dude, are you sure that pic of Fassbender and McAvoy is from an X-Men movie? Looks like the classiest reboot of Encino Man ever.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I know, right? She is so foxy!

        Haha, I can't wait to see what other crazy outfits they will wear in this one :P

        Delete
    9. I know that as I write this you'll have watched the new GoT and I hope it lived up to expectations! I'll be seeing it tonight hopefully and I can't freakin' wait! :)

      Thank you for the link, very kind!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hope you...enjoyed the episode! :)

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    10. Best of luck with your dissertation Sati, hope all goes well for you. ;)

      And yeah, Man of Steel is starting to look pretty decent! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much, I hope so too! :)

        It really does, though I'm seeing it mostly for Cavill :D

        Delete
    11. Oh Lord, I've been seeing stuff about the "Red Wedding" all over Pinterest. When I finally get around to watching Season 3, I know I'm going to be dreading that. I finally finished Book #5 and have joined the multitudes stranded until the next book comes out. :-) It feels weird not to be immersed in the GoT world anymore.

      CONGRATULATIONS on the acceptance of your dissertation. I figured it would happen, but it must be an enormous relief to have that hurdle behind you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, Martin really should sit his ass in panic room somewhere (people are outraged after Sunday's episode) and just write :)

        Thank you! I will have it completely behind me Friday morning, hopefully :)

        Delete
    12. Amy Adams looks INCREDIBLE in that picture. Daaammnn!
      Good luck on your dissertation. I start mine soon - eeek!

      I've started watching Arrested Development, I'm halfway through the first season and loving it. I promise I will eventually start watching GOT haha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She really does :)
        Thank you!

        AD is such a funny show, I love GOB the most. Awesome, GOT is the best! :D

        Delete
    13. Hahaha, how good are those last two pics. Priceless.

      Thanks for the link love again :) - I've been so flat out at work it's been depressing, but glad I had some tonight to check out your last 5 or so posts!

      Oh and thanks for being a factor in getting me to watch GoT. Without your links talking about them most weeks I don't think I would have convinced myself to start Season 1!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Hope you like the show! It's a long wait till season 4 :(

        Delete
      2. It's awesome.

        Long wait indeed. Sadly a lot of my friends are going and reading the books, I'm trying to avoid doing so as I find the surprises in the show to be so exciting!

        Delete
      3. Yeah it's much better to watch the show first, I read all the books and I'm really annoyed when they change things in the show :)

        Delete