Friday, June 7, 2013

(82) So, Robb...on a scale of 1 to Red Wedding how glad are you that you banged Talisa? + links

By Sati. Friday, June 7, 2013
  • It is my great pleasure to announce that as of today I'm officially a law school graduate with the master's degree. I defended my dissertation today and got an A. An A! Me getting an A during law school is as rare as a unicorn crapping rainbows.
  • For the love of God If you watch Game of Thrones and don't know what happens in recent episode/haven't seen it yet leave this blog now.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, let's weep.
  • “Nothing will happen to you. Nothing. I could not stand it. They took Ned, and your sweet brothers. Sansa is married, Arya is lost, my father’s dead … if anything befell you, I would go mad, Robb. You are all I have left. You are all the north has left.”
    “I am not dead yet, Mother.”
  • Bear with me because I've got A LOT to say.
  • Watching Catelyn die was actually much worse than Robb. Cat was one of my favorite characters - she was fierce, proud and loving. And as much as people like to say she started the war, it's not really true is it? Also let's make a list, shall we:
    1. Cat told Ned not to go to King's Landing. He went to King's Landing and he died.
    2. Cat was sceptical about Joffrey. Sansa fell for him anyways and he made her life a living hell.
    3. Cat told Robb not to trust a Greyjoy. Robb trusted a Greyjoy and now Winterfell is burnt to the ground.
    4. Cat told Robb not to marry the nurse. Robb married the nurse and now they are all dead.
    5. Cat told Robb Walder Frey is dangerous and he shouldn't cross him. Robb crossed him and now they are all dead.
    6. Cat told Robb to trust Grey Wind's warnings. Robb didn't trust him and now they are all dead.
    7. Cat told Robb not to kill Karstark. Robb killed Karstark and yes, indeed, now they are all dead.
    For fuck sake. Listen to your wives/mothers people.
  • The response to the episode was fucking overwhelming. People who don't even watch the show and just know a bit about it couldn't believe the shit that happened. Most people probably did what I did and just got drunk on Sunday night. Still I wept like an idiot and I knew for a year what will happen. For most of the Monday I couldn't even log onto my favorite GoT forums because of the traffic which broke the servers. Also there are those "I can't believe they stabbed a pregnant woman in the belly" comments. Oh dear. The most gruesome aspect of Red Wedding awaits us in finale so I wonder what people will do. Rip their eyeballs out?
  • Also there are people yelling "I will never watch Game of Thrones again!". Excuse me, if anyone has the right to complain it's me. I will never see Robb Stark's bare ass again.
  • Facebook recap is priceless again.
  • Let's not forget that Michelle Fairley is a treasure.
  • This Tuesday soundtrack for season 3 was released. Hands down the best soundtrack yet. I've been listening to track Mhysa non stop this week. So amazing. I'll bet it's played in final scene.
  • I only want three things in the finale. I'm sure it will be awesome but what I want to see is that gruesome thing I keep referring to on screen. It's too iconic for them not to use that. I would also like to see Joffrey get slapped. He wasn't slapped at all this season. That little bitch is running around shooting whores with a crossbow. Finally what I'm really looking forward to is the last 10 seconds of the episode. It always ends with cliffhanger and last season's cliffhanger was kinda lame, never mind the fact that those White Walkers didn't really do anything in season 3. But if this one will be what I think it will be - AWESOME, especially with Mhysa playing in the background.
  • I love Conan O'Brien. His is the only talk show I watch. I love him even more because he is a fan of the show and he is catching up with the books. This week he had amazing guests - Lena Headey and George R.R Martin.
  • The first guest was Nick Offerman, God I love it how often he is on that show. He is amazing and now I love him even more because he is a GoT fan! Lena was supercute. I love that she has a crush on on Ron Swanson. She also hinted at something brilliantly during her answer regarding saying goodbye to her cast friends.
  • Martin is such a nice guy. He seems like genuinely polite person yet I always laugh when I see those comments "why is fat man doing talk shows instead of writing a book?!". He actually said here that he is writing pretty fast. Winds of Winter is supposed to be 1,500 pages long and it's only second to last book, so seriously, good luck to show runners with that.
  • All right, tonight I'm seeing Stoker and then it's party time!

  • links
    • MettelRay reviews second book in A Song of Ice and Fire series - A Clash of Kings
    • Steven wrote a review for fantastic Killer Joe
    • Keith shares his list of 5 phenomenal movies with George Clooney
    • Stephanie reviews Mud
    • Alex wrote about Noah Emmerich for his In Character series
    • Chris reviews fantatic Skin I Live in
    • Nostra looks at the many faces of Mila Kunis
    • m.brown reviews amazing The Impossible

    RELATED POSTS:

    48 comments:

    1. Big congrats on your A and a degree! A great way to end a "week" after the whole Red Wedding.. man, I'm eagerly waiting for my days off (Monday and Tuesday) to watch the finale and then read like a crazy person because I'm too tired during the week.

      I like Conan as well.. Sometimes I feel like the guests aren't on the show long enough though. I wish my favorite talk show host Graham Norton will invite somebody from GOT.. a couch with a Stark, a Lannister, Khaleesi and Littlefinger.. yup, that sounds like something I'd love.

      Thanks for the link and that reminds me, I need to catch up with my blog reading..

      Congrats again! ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Yeah, that was sure uplifting and I needed that :)

        Do you sightsee in Ireland? I imagine it must be quite beautiful there - reading Storm of Swods outside surrounded by his stunning nature would be amazing!

        Maybe they will invite someone soon! I think GoT is quite popular in UK. I'd love to see both Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage on his show, they are both hilarious.

        Delete
      2. Why not all the GOT people then.. :D They'd get a bigger studio to film that one or something.
        Next week's guests are new Superman and Amy Adams.. you might like that one. :) GrahamNortonFan· at YouTube uploads them on Saturdays.

        Delete
      3. Oh awesome, I'll definitely watch this one!

        Delete
    2. Your posts totally make me wish that I watched Game of Thrones!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You should definitely see it! :)

        Delete
      2. I really should, and will!

        Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for an internet award ;-)

        http://afistfuloffilms.blogspot.com/2013/06/super-sweet-blogging-award.html

        Delete
    3. Congrats on the degree! (And I share my sympathies in regards with that episode.)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Yes, it was a tough week for GoT fans...

        Delete
    4. Haha! To tell the truth I had this stupid smirk on my face all day Monday watching everyone's reactions to it. I get it, I was there once too. But it's good to see others suffering you know? :) I even did evil maniacal laugh once or twice. :D

      What do you mean by the most gruesome part? Their bodies or Epilogue? Do you know if we get to the epilogue this season?

      I was just about to ping you with that interview. But you got that covered! Is the Winds of Winter ever gonna end? 1500 Pages? Really??

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha :P Yeah those reactions were hilarious. I'm so glad not everyone got spoiled and people were still shocked!

        The bodies. I read it will definitely be in finale:/ It was just so macabre, such desecration :/ I don't think we will see the actual epilogue but I think we will see that person in the final scene of the season :)

        I know! How the hell are they supposed to adapt it? 1500 pages for two books is alright but for one? Insane!

        Delete
    5. Congrats on your dissertation. Now on to get a job as attorney for a film company! Anywho...
      I agree totally on Michelle Fairley. I fell under her spell early on. It was the scene in the Inn on Winterfell Road with the imp. How quickly and proudly her bannermen stood to her aid. She carried herself with such regal bearing I fell completely under her sway! And yet not an Emmy in sight. The only reason for this omission must be all the other great actresses' performances. They cancel each other out.
      It seems like yesterday but it's time already for an other hiatus in the show. Unbearable!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I still need to do legal training and bar exam so it's a lot to do for next few years :)

        Oh that scene is one of my favorites in the show. She carries herself with such pride but in a good way. Really the kind of character you can see people respecting.

        Those are going to be 10 long months :/

        Delete
    6. Congrats on the dissertation. I hope to hire you as my attorney in which I hope to give you a fair cut of whatever percentage gross I make on my own films soon.

      Thanks for the link love while I will admit, I have never seen Game of Thrones (I usually don't watch a lot of TV shows) but I did see what the fuss was about in that episode. Fuck me...

      I hope to do a marathon on the entire series from the first episode to the finale coming this Sunday before I go into the fourth season.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'd love that :) I can't be officially an attorney until the bar exam but there is tons of useless legal knowledge in my head I hope may be useful sometime :)

        Oh awesome, it's definitely worth seeing. It's so amazing it actually got me to read the books which almost never happens.

        Delete
    7. Congrats!

      The fallout does have some gruesome bits.

      Hate looking forward to Sundays. Game of Thrones... awesome. Being several hours away from a new work-week... not so much.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        Yeah, it's bittersweet especially now that after finale there is such long wait for new season :(

        Delete
    8. F--king awesome that you aced it. Congrats.

      Thanks for the link, as always. That movie stabbed me in the heart 900 times. Easily.

      What would you say is the most emotional movie you've ever seen? (I'm assuming it has animal violence ...)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        Yeah it was so heart wrenching, I actually saw it right after Frankenweenie so I cried A LOT that day :/

        Hard to say, probably Brokeback Mountain. The animal violence in Game of Thrones is awful, though :/ The scenes were wolves die are the most difficult to watch.

        Delete
    9. So much win. I love how you break down each of Cat parts. I never really cared for her as a character, but she seems to be one of the smartest people in Westeros. Cannot wait for Sunday!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I wouldn't say smart but she is certainly the smartest Stark after Arya :)

        Delete
    10. Congratulations on your A! Also, I discovered your blog around the same time I started watching GoT (this year, actually) and I've been an avid reader since! Also, love your movie reviews.

      Great stuff, keep it coming!

      https://chirpyhummingbird.wordpress.com/

      ReplyDelete
    11. Congratulations on your dissertation!

      I recently started to watch the show, but I've been reading your recaps about them and my jaw pretty much dropped the whole time I was reading episode 9. There are no words.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        Yes, everyone seems so shocked about what happened. Finale is shaping out to bring in quite the few shocks as well!

        Delete
    12. Congratulations! Must be a huge relief. :D

      Yes, the Red Wedding episode sucked. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd never watch Game of Thrones again, but I honestly don't know where I'm at with that show. There's such a thing as establishing mortality for your characters and letting the audience know anything can happen, but that almost felt like GRRM was being sadistic. I'm sure I'll settle in again, but I'm rooting more than ever for Khaleesi and her dragons to come scorch the shit out of everyone and everything!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! It is, but it's a looot of learning for the next stage :)

        Oh Martin can be sadistic indeed, but it's only for his antagonists. Red Wedding was something he planned from the beginning and there was really no other way - Robb had to die. The Talisa death was actually in show-only, as a compensation for the lack of stronger bond between Grey Wind and Robb. Also they really had to get rid of her character somehow.

        The most gruesome part of the massacre is still coming in finale but the ending of the season will be very uplifting, if it's what I think it is :)

        Delete
    13. God, I really need to sit my ass down and watch GoT. Too much time has been wasted on me not seeing it. Shameful!

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you'll like it! This season is amazing in particular but it's one of these rare shows that doesn't have off seasons and it's continuously awesome.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    14. Great post as always! Congrats on your dissertation too, well done!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Congrats on the A!! That is badass.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much! :) There is still a lot of learning to do, though :)

        Delete
    16. Congrats on your dissertation. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    17. Cat didn't start the war, but someone very close to her did. I won't spoil anything for the non-book readers by saying who, but everything started when Hand of the King Jon Arryn was murdered. The person who did that is the one who started the events that led to the war because if Arryn lives then no one visits the north, Ned Stark never leaves the North to become Hand of the King, and the Lannisters probably never even meet the Starks.

      I do take some pleasure is having correctly figured out Jon Arryn's killer while I was reading the first book. To balance that off I will also say that I had no clue who sent the man to kill Bran in season 1. Neither of those things has been revealed on the show yet, but at least one should come out next season.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah you are right about that, I really hope they will reveal that in next season in "Only Cat" scene, which is one of my favorites.

        You did? Wow, I was completely shocked by the reveal as well as the identity of a person responsible for the attempt on Bran's life. I hope they will include both in season 4.

        Delete
      2. If I remember, once the show reveals who Jon Arryn's killer is, I'll come back and let you know why I picked up on it.

        Delete
      3. Awesome! I had absolutely no clue it when I was reading the book.

        Delete
      4. I just PMed you on IMDB with my reasoning. If you respond there, I will see it the next time I go to IMDB.

        Delete
      5. Cool, I'll check it later today!

        Delete
    18. Congratulations!!! That's so awesome you're a law student grad. I love what you said about Catelyn. She's unfairly hated, and I can say that because I hated her too in the first book. (mostly for being mean to Jon) Then as I read on, I realized she does what she does for her family, they always come first. And she does dish out useful advice left and right that no one listens too. I can safely say I love Catelyn now. She was one of my favorites. I love all of the gifs of her and Robb you chose. Madden and Fairley had wonderful chemistry together, and it's really the only relationship we get to see between Cat and her children. I'm getting all sad again thinking about it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :) Exactly nobody listens to Cat and they would be in far better situation if they did. She is the voice of reason even if she herself acts impulsive. They were so great together :( Shame we didn't get more scenes with her and Sansa and Arya, seeing how even though the girls are so different each shares similarities with Catelyn.

        Delete
    19. Congratulations! The world is about to gain an exceptionally smart, articulate prosecutor.

      I am skipping most of this post as I haven't seen The Episode yet. Read about the Red Wedding in the books, of course. I'm kind of enjoying the reactions online. Ha ha!

      I agree with you and Brittani that Cat doesn't get a fair shake. I had trouble accepting her because of her cruelty to Jon, but I came to appreciate her for her courage, mature insight, and fierce mother-love. And she doesn't fuck up more than any of the other Starks. All the characters in this series are morally ambiguous. That's part of what makes both the novels and the show magnificent.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! It's still a long way to that, but degree is better than nothing :)

        People are freaking out so bad :) I take sick pleasure in seeing that a lot of people didn't get spoiled before the episode and were insanely shocked when it happened :D

        Her hatred for Jon is difficult to read about but for me her love for her children completely redeemed her. Plus her devotion to Old Gods and how she learned and appreciated northern ways when she moved there was very touching, as well as her advising Jeyne to be patient with Robb and showing concern pretty much for everyone around her that deserved caring for.

        Delete
    20. Congrats on defending your dissertation and graduating law school! :D

      I really need to start watching Game of Thrones!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I think you will like it, really great story and awesome acting.

        Delete