Friday, June 14, 2013

(83) Well, that was not good at all. + links

By Sati. Friday, June 14, 2013
  • I'm still disgusted about the finale of Game of Thrones. How the hell can you call an episode Mhysa and not feature Mother Merciless in it? And if you don't know the book - for the love of God, don't google that phrase. I cannot believe I have to wait another season for this. But her eyes were the most terrible thing. Her eyes saw him, and they hated. What pisses me off the most is that the track Mhysa would actually be perfect for the scene - fuck me, there is even this little gong in the end of it! Let me show you my expression during Dany surfing on slaves ending by using one of he many priceless "Edmure is horrified" gifs ------------------------------------------------------------------->
  • Me realizing that it's over when end credits came up:
  •  Seriously 4 AM and I'm staring at the end credits and then staring at my glass of wine thinking that was either really how the episode ended or I'm just really, really drunk.
  • Unfortunately, it was the former.
  • The majority of people hated the episode and that ending - I'm quite stunned that instead of complaining how awfully executed that ending was people complain...about racism? Really? Just because people who Dany frees have darker skin than she does? Really? It's Essos and she is a Targaryen. Oh, will you look at that - I seem to have reached the end of my argument.
  • Well, at least Varys was as always entertaining. And Joffrey. The looks on everyone's faces when he offended Tywin were shouting "Damn, son. You just took a shit with your clothes on".
  • That episode was just loaded with hilarious stuff. Sam telling Maester Aemon who is BLIND "it's not what it LOOKS like" and telling Bran he can stop the White Walkers. I'm sure they are just shitting themselves - watch out! A girl, a cripple, Love Actually kid and HODOR are coming to stop you!
  • Emmy submissions for Game of Thrones were sent and they blow. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke are actually there. Really? Really?! Maisie Williams is not there. What the hell is going on? She deserves the actual award for going from hope to horror so beautifully and painfully - in that single scene she is better than Harington in 30 episodes so far. Combined. And why is Jack Gleeson not there? He is just fantastic. Is there a TV character more hated than Joffrey right now?
  • I just want to see Michelle Fairley and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau nominated. And for once Mad Men not winning because the fact it wins every year is ridiculous. 
  • Michelle Fairley is going to guest star on Suits. I guess I need to catch up on that show then. I only made it through two episodes. There are certain things I can buy - dragons? zombies? shadow assassins coming out of vagina? All right. Happy, carefree lawyers? I'm sorry - WHAT?!
  • Game of Thrones actually won its first award for season 3 - Critics Choice Award for Best Drama, a tie with Breaking Bad. YEY.
  • So someone on reddit asked their father to remember the names of Game of Thrones characters. This is freaking hilarious. And then there is priceless facebook recap of the finale.
  • Let's gather around and adore Lena Headey:
  • Apparently Man of Steel is not very good. It's approaching rotten rating on RT as I type those words. Can't say that I'm surprised considered it is Zack Snyder's movie. Hell, I'm still shocked someone gave him the director's job after Sucker Punch. I'm still going to see it. I mean it has Henry Cavill in it.
  •  There's been an actual shitload of trailers this week - I'm just gonna mention those I actually watched - first trailer for 300 sequel - which looks so absolutely terrible. The only way I'm seeing that is if Lena and Eva Green have some crazy lesbian sex scene together. We also got first trailer for that Naomi Watts movie where she plays princess Diana. It doesn't look good. And why is Sayid there?
  • Obviously the most important trailer is Desolation of Smaug teaser with Lee Pace and Richard Armitage eye-fucking each other. Is it December already?

  • links:
    • Eric reviews highly anticipated Before Midnight
    • Ruth celebrates 4 years of blogging and SDG celebrates second blog anniversary!
    • French Toast Sunday's Babe of the Week is gorgeous Henry Cavill
    • asrap.virtuoso reviews Man of Steel
    • Fogs asks about everyone's favorite Dystopian films
    • Keith reviews wonderful Take Shelter
    • Alex wrote a review for World War Z
    • Brittani wrote a fantastic recap for the last episode of Game of Thrones this season
    • In the next edition of his awesome In Character series, Alex features wonderful Tom Wilkinson
    • Jack wrote a wonderful appreciation post for Natalie Portman's birthday
    • Chris reviews Let the Right one in


    RELATED POSTS

    32 comments:

    1. Ugh, Williams and Gleeson not being submitted is ridiculous. They give two of the most consistently excellent performances on the show. I do hope Catelyn & Jamie get some love though, they are the most deserving out of who was submitted.

      thanks for the link! Henry is quite gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They are so terrific, they really deserve more award love. I really hope they get nominated, they were just brilliant this season.

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    2. OMG the dad one- laughing so much it hurts!

      I actually want to watch the 300 film :P The guy isn't hot though.

      Kit Harrington's ballot thing is hilarious.

      Man if Lena Headey gets treated like that, I'm scared to think about what Jack Gleeson goes through. And probably what David Bradley will.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I cannot believe they submitted him. Still the chick who plays Shae was submitted too and Kit at least isn't as embarrassingly awful as she is.

        Haha yeah, Gleeson must have pretty hard time because of playing Joff. I hope no one actually threw shit at him.

        Delete
    3. Haha, damn you Rob's penis!!!

      Glad I convinced you to check out World War Z, hopefully you enjoy it too.

      I love Emilia Clarke so glad she got nominated. Does she deserve it over other actors? Hmmmm, not so sure. Maybe though!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah it ruined everyone's happiness! :)

        I hope it's good, though the summer blockbusters don't look too good in general this year :(

        I don't think she does, I'd say she is one of the worst actors on the show :( But she has her moments.

        Delete
    4. I'm still can't believe that LS was not featured in the ending. It still doesn't make sense to me. Although, we've seen similar type of ending in at least two movies (I'm thinking Avatar and Breaking Dawn pt.1) so maybe they didn't want to do something that's been done already.
      I'm aware that the screenwriters wanted to give us a happy ending after the 9th episode's drama but for God's sake, in my opinion LS would've been the happiest ending ever after what've happened. And like you said it would fit perfectly.
      I just hope they're going to feature this, if not it means their stupidity is unbelievable.
      I'm just finnishing the 5th book and must say I agree with you - Dany's story is ridiculous. Seriously, what was Martin thinking?!

      Anyway, I really enjoyed your weekly recaps!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think they really screwed up here, since they already ended one season with Dany and now their bias towards her is so obvious which kinda weakens the story - Martin doesn't take sides like that, hell, if anything he screwed up her story so bad there is no recovering :)

        Absolutely. Though it is bitter and saddening there is a huge upside and that is that someone is killing those who harmed Starks.

        Thank you so much, I appreciate that! :)

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the Linkage Sati. Going through Thrones withdrawals yet? LOL

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :) Nah, I'm doing tumblr meme so I'm cool :)

        Delete
    6. Thanks for the link! The only reason I can fathom for Jack Gleeson not being submitted is because the actor himself doesn't want it. There's just no fucking way otherwise. I'm bummed for Maisie, they submitted her last year. :( I really need to get around to that Hobbit trailer. Tumblr seems to have lost its shit over it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Oh yeah tumblr is insane about that trailer and Pace and Armitage, so I'm really cool with that :)

        I really really hope Gleeson gets nominated next year.

        Delete
    7. Great recap as always. I LOVE that Lee Pace is featured prominently in the Hobbit 2 trailer!! Hope there are tons of scenes of him & Armitage :P

      THANK YOU for the link love, hope you get a chance to check out my Man of Steel post... Henry did NOT disappoint!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'm hoping for that too :)

        You're welcome! I'm gonna try to check it out soon!

        Delete
    8. Haha, the lawyers in "Suits" aren't that happy and cheerful as the season goes on... especially the 2nd season. Thanks for link. I'm still not a fan of Snyder, but I'll say he did OK on Man Of Steel.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really need to catch up on the show, if only to see Fairley in new episodes.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    9. Just letting you know I was here but couldn't read this because I haven't seen the episode yet.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's cool :) Looking forward to your Orphan Black post!

        Delete
    10. My god, I just love Lena Headey to death. I read an interview with her in Esquire in which she said she is legit broke. That's sad, and kind of crazy.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think she is divorcing her husband so it may just be a strategy to avoid losing assets, at least I hope it is. It's insane if she was broke for real, thankfully with Thrones she has a job guarantee for several years.

        Delete
    11. I know I wrote an appreciation post for Natalie Portman, but I had no idea I did an appreciation pot too ;) haha. Thanks for the link! :)

      I liked Man of Steel - Adams is a great Lois Lane in it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha, fixed! My keyboard is acting funky :)

        She is? Awesome, I read few reviews where people complained about her :(

        Delete
    12. Love Lena Headey! Ha! Also, I can't believe Maisie Williams isn't nominated over Emilia Clarke at least. I mean, I am borderline obsessed with Emilia Clarke but Maisie is much more deserving in my opinion.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I like Emilia but she doesn't exactly have difficult role there especially with the writers making it even easier for her and hyping Dany so much.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    13. Thanks for the link!

      I'm bummed that Game of Thrones is over. :( I wasn't a big fan of the finale either... I can't remember anything really interesting happening other than Arya's little outburst. That felt like a long time coming!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah, in the books by this time in the story she have killed more people :) I'm keeping myself busy doing GoT inspired gifs on tumblr but I already miss the show :(

        Delete
    14. Man of Steel is worth a watch, most of the critics bitching about it are doing so out of contrarianism. Of all the comic books to complain about and they pick this one...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I actually read the worst reviews among the regular movies goers saying that the movie was too long and boring...I'll see it anyways but I'm not hooping for much more than nice visual side :)

        Delete
    15. I need to catch up on a lot of things. For example: 1)See Game of Thrones- seasons 2 and 3. 2)See Henry Cavill,aaa...I mean, Superman.3) See Before Midnight
      Also, I think the Diana biopic looks actually ok.
      And Suits is starting next month. Yey. Have you seen it yet?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes, definitely see GoT :) As for Henry if you haven't seen The Tudors already, I highly recommend that. I have not seen Before Midnight yet, but I definitely will.

        I think it will turn out fine, but they really didn't put much effort into making that trailer :)

        I only saw 2 episodes but since Michelle Fairley is going to star in that show I'm definitely going to catch up.

        Delete
    16. I liked Man of Steel, but didn't love it. I can understand the negative reaction. Though, I'm not sure the film deserves it.

      Desolation of Smaug looks better than the first film, so I'm a little more enthusiastic after watching the trailer. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I still haven't seen it. I think the only movie this summer that is guaranteed to get me to the cinema is Pacific Rim.

        Yeah, I bet it will be much better with dragon, Lee Pace and everything :D

        Delete