Friday, June 28, 2013

(85) We have our Viper + links

By Sati. Friday, June 28, 2013
  • So, someone on tumblr put Lana Del Rey lyrics on Henry Cavill's gifsets. I want to cry it's so perfect.
  • And then further on my tumblr dashboard...
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our Viper. Today the news broke that the role of Oberyn Marell, the "Red Viper" Prince of Dorne went to Pedro Pascal. I haven't seen this guy in anything but he definitely looks the part and I'm insanely glad the show runners didn't use fan suggestions, as I would hate to see Naveen Andrews in this role, or any other role in this show. I'm gonna have to see this dude in some of the shows he did because I'm really curious as his character is crazy charismatic and charming. Oberyn is so awesome, definitely my favorite new character since book 3. I'm sure this actor will be all sorts of naked as Oberyn is probably the most sexually adventurous person in the series and there is no way HBO executives won't take this opportunity. Littlefinger's brothel will be getting lots of silver and traffic this upcoming new season, let's just say that.
  • I cannot believe people are bitching about ethnicity now. A bunch of people imagined the Dornish to be Arabic and now that it looks they will be Hispanic on the show, they are freaking out. Martin himself said they are meant to be Hispanic. Why does everything has to be about skin color nowadays? Jesus Christ, I only care if the guy is talented. He could be fucking Scandinavian and I wouldn't care. Now a bunch of twats is going to bash HBO and his poor guy because he is not what they IMAGINED his character MAY look like. I'm ashamed to share a fan base with these people. Bryan Cogman himself (writer for the show) dropped by the comment section over at WiC just to write "Wow". Yep.
  • Another news about Game of Thrones this week was that the show has a new shooting location in Croatia. I'm hoping it's Dorne, because it would be fun to see that story on the show.
  • This week I've been doing A Song of Ice and Fire challenge on tumblr which was really fun. My favorite edit out of those I did this week was actually not the part of challenge - I made a set showing Cersei at her most human to showcast how much Lena Headey added to book counterpart.
  • Check out this clip of Idris Elba in Pacific Rim. Oh my God!
  •  I have finally managed to catch Gustav's epic jump on camera. He does this several times a day and then he just sits there observing the neighberhood. He is like Batman.
  • This week we finally got the first teaser for The Counselor. It looks fantastic, even though it's yet another of those trailers that lie to you, seeing how Pitt will be in the actual movie for 10 minutes, tops, and in the trailer he is featured as much as Fassbender is. I read the script for the movie some time ago, it was messy and hard to follow, but if they changed some stuff and threw out useless moments it can be great on screen. There is also this one moment in the trailer with Cameron Diaz on the hood of the car which suggests that a certain story Javier Bardem's character tells Fassbender will be actually shown. I have seen over 1000 movies, a bunch of TV series, I read many disturbing books. Let me tell you this right now - never before have I read something like this car moment. I'm not even sure if I know how it would work. I'm not sure if I want to know, honestly.
  • Iain Glen turned 52 years old this week. Actually half of GoT cast has birthdays in June. Anyways, here's hoping that Jorah finally scores in book 6 or 7.

    links:
    RELATED POSTS

  • 24 comments:

    1. I hope The Counselor is good because right now, Ridley Scott is on his way to becoming the most overrated filmmaker working today.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I still like him but his habit of making movies that are mediocre in theatrical cut and much better in director's cut is very irritating.

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the link! I think The Counselor looks incredible. Fass, baby. Fass.

      Elba is going to kill it in Pacific Rim.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yeah I'm hoping it will be good, the cast is certainly amazing. I'm most curious about Diaz because her character is absolutely incredible.

        Delete
    3. Can't wait for The Counselor! Admittedly, that car moment has me intrigued.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's one of those moments I read about that I wish I could unread :)

        Delete
    4. Ooo Rambling Friday: Hot Men edition :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha! :) I don't think other edition of these posts exist :P

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link. :) Iain Glen looks damn good for 52. I hope he gets some as well. This whole race thing in Game of Thrones drives me nut. The fact that so many people flipped out at the ending of Mhysa is ridiculous and they totally missed the point if they thought about race. Even though I didn't really care too much about the Dornish chapters later in the serious, I'm kind of excited for them to be on the show just so those people pulling the race card will shut the fuck up.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! He really does and oh wow, that voice! :) Yeah it's like people see racism everywhere these days :/ And saying it's wrong the guy doesn't have a darker skin actually makes them racist, not the casting people.

        Delete
    6. I can't believe people are fussing about ethnicity in Game of Thrones. It's called fantasy world building, people. :-) I had kinda pictured Dorne as Arabic myself, but I love the fact that while regions and cultures remind us of real people and places, it's ambiguous and leaves us lots of room to let our imaginations fill in the gaps. And as you said, if this guy performs well as Oberyn, who cares what ethnicity he is? Getting him naked wouldn't hurt either.

      We saw a preview for Pacific Rim yesterday when we went to see World War Z. I was kinda hoping my son would lobby me to take him to that movie so I'd have an excuse to see Elba -- an actor you got me hopelessly hooked on. :-) But his only comment on the trailer was that the film looked too much like one of his video games. Tough audience, that kid.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I mean the show is doing an amazing job with casting - when Jennifer Ehle dropped out and they replaced her with Michelle Fairley people flipped out and now I don't think anyone can imagine anyone else playing Catelyn.

        Luther is actually coming back in 4 days!!! :) I think Pacific Rim may actually be really good, with Del Toro directing, but it can go either way considering what the premise is :)

        Delete
    7. Kind of really excited for the counselor...since I know we both adore Fassy screen time! Gustav is so precious, btw.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is going to be awesome in it, can't wait for the movie! :) Thank you! :)

        Delete
    8. Viper looks kinda like Eric Bana or am I so tired that I'm imagining things?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He kinda does on this pic, actually a lot of people wanted Bana to play Oberyn :)

        Delete
    9. Thanks for the link!

      The Counselor is sounding amazing. Ridley Scott, Cormac McCarthy AND Michael Fassbender? Yeah, I'm there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!:)

        I think it will be very good, I won't be surprised if it will be in my top 5 of the year :)

        Delete
    10. Really excited about The Counselor! Did you see what Matt_Fincher said on IMDB? He said how they'll probably expand Pitt's role because World War Z was such a success. Is he being serious hahaha? Anyway, I'm hoping Diaz knocks this one out of the park.

      Looking at your Most Anticipated, I'm glad your looking forward to The Bling Ring, I'm seeing it this friday :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm barely there on imdb anymore, but is this guy insane? The script is done, so is the shooting.

        Yeah, it looks good! Though so far this year was disappointing.

        Delete
    11. Oh do I miss your LINK post, Sati. And boy, what a way to welcome me back... Henry (and his GLORIOUS hair!), Richard, Fassy, Idris... OH MY!!! :P

      That Pedro Pascal does look like Eric Bana a bit, I'd think Bana would make an excellent addition to GoT.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Ruth, I missed you! :) He has such pretty hair, he is like an angel :)

        He really would, but they tend to go for very unknown actors on GoT probably to lower the cost of production, it's kinda crazy since it's 60-80 mln per season, considering it's their most popular show they really should give more money for it :)

        Delete
    12. Thanks for the link, Sati. I appreciate it!

      I'm still pissed about that other thing....I don't even want to start on it...it infuriates me more than I'm comfortable with. What a dick.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Normally I'd be fine with something like this, but that last comment he made was just gross.

        Delete