Friday, August 9, 2013

(91) Things are happening + links

By Sati. Friday, August 9, 2013
  • Malcolm "darling I wouldn't fucking piss on you if you were fucking allergic to piss" Tucker is the new Doctor Who. Oh my God you guys. I made that gifset of Tucker, because you know, I love him, and someone reblogged it and added "Peter Capaldi for 12th Doctor" and I laughed because I thought haha that's a funny joke. And now it has happened? Peter Capaldi is the new Doctor? I don't watch the show but from the gifsets I see on tumblr on daily basis the vibe I get is that it's real cute and light show, so damn that is going to be very interesting. I'm definitely gonna watch his episodes!
  • And, hopefully, now millions of Doctor Who fans will watch The Thick of It. I made a wish that everyone sees it in last Friday's post and now it looks like it's finally happening.
  • So I'd like to make another wish since apparently this blog is magical. I want Idris Elba. Naked. In my house. Make it happen, universe. Or at least that thing this guy from Suits can do when he just looks at legal acts and remembers all of that. Either way I'd be happy.
  •  On the sixth gif I just want to hug him and tell him it's OK.
  • Coming down from the Fangirl Mountain of Sadness, my point is that a lot of people is watching The Thick of It now and it's awesome. Malcolm is universally beloved, sure, but you know who else is funny? Glen. And Peter. And of Course - Jaime.
  • Apparently Arnie Hammer and Johnny Depp are whining about The Lone Ranger flopping at the box office and they blame the critics for the film's failure. They went as far as to say that the critics probably wrote their reviews - get this - when they heard about the movie being made, without actually seeing it. I know mid-life crisis is a serious fucking thing but I didn't know you can actually go batshit from it, as Johnny Depp apparently did.
  • I don't know who exactly drives the bus with this whole Batman/Superman movie but that person needs to think. First Snyder as a director again? Why? Because his films are so fucking riveting and not boring and overly expensive at all? Now I'm hearing they are considering Josh Brolin or Ryan Gosling for Batman. You know one thing that would be funnier than Bale's menacing tuberculosis voice? Gosling's "I yell like a 3-year old girl with pink ribbons in my hair" scream. At least they have good ideas for Lex Luthor. Mark Strong and Bryan Cranston would both be fantastic in this part.
  • There was a lot of new trailers this week. One of those was the trailer for Thor sequel. The trailer is so-so, but Loki is in it a lot and he is always fun and Idris makes an appearance - he actually has a line of dialogue and he is not wearing his ridiculous golden costume, so = happiness! Apparently the film will still be released this year. I'm definitely seeing it as Thor was far better for me than Iron Man films and Avengers. I love chemistry between him and Jane, I hope she won't die or something.
  • Another trailer was for The Counselor as I wrote in previous post. They also released clips and one of them features Penelope Cruz as the third luckiest woman on Earth.
  • Monuments Men trailer was awful. Also - 2 split seconds of Jean Dujardin? Oh, fuck off. 
  • I only saw two movies this week - Byzantium and The Call. Byzantium was pretty good and The Call was not good but it was entertaining. What the hell happened to Michael Imperioli's career? 
  • Gustav has a new hairdresser - he doesn't like her because she is kinda strict with him. 45 minutes of the epic fight between him doing the opposite of what she wanted and her trying to get him to be obedient. But now he has new cute haircut which is great because the weather is crazy hot lately.
  • I caught up with Conan episodes and they were great. I heard Elysium is awful and Diego Luna was on this week promoting it, I bet that interview was better than the movie - he is so funny! There were two of my favorite sketches this week too - Clueless Gamer and Conan's new abuse of his weirdo producer Jordan Schlansky. I love those.
  • I made the above gifset, uploaded it on tumblr as I do with all my shit and now the official tumblr of the show is following me. YEY!
  • The thing I am really excited about is as usual at this time of the year the new season of American Horror Story. The show has a brilliant marketing and we already got two of the signature creepy teasers which contain abstract imagery with the clues to the story.
  • The upcoming season is entitled Coven and it is set in New Orleans. It will focus on witches and voodoo so effectively it combines two things I'm fascinated with. Also - and this is just a nerdgasm for me - the series will feature two very famous historical figures from New Orleans' history - Marie Laveau, who will be played by Angela Basset and Madame LaLaurie who will be played by Kathy Bates. LaLaurie was a sadistic woman who tortured her slaves. There are many accounts on what she did, but I bet Murphy will go with the most gruesome and horrifying one. All I'll say is - human caterpillar. Another thing is that Alexandra Breckenridge who played insanely hot maid in season 1 will be back this season, as well as Taissa Farmiga who apparently plays Frances Conroy's granddaughter. Sarah Paulson is also back and the new additions to the series include Gabourey Sidibe. I'm just so excited about all of this. Here are the pictures from the set, damn look at Frances Conroy!:


  • links:
    • Katy wrote an awesome post about lovely Amy Adams
    • m.brown reviews The Call, which was actually quite entertaining. The review is better than the movie, though.
    • Josh shares a list of 10 people who should host the Oscars
    • Brittani reviews The Way, Way Back
    • Chris and Keith review The Conjuring
    RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. Just a simple FYI, I wouldn't call Doctor Who a "cute and light show". It will stomp on your emotions constantly. That said, it is entertaining. And I'll certainly be seeing The Thick of It before Capaldi begins his run on Doctor Who.

      And God, do I envy Penelope in that gifset.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It may stomp on the emotions, but what I see in all those gifs is not something that would happen, I don't know, on Deadwood or Carnivale. So comparing to something like that it looks very light.

        Remember to watch the two specials after season 2 - they are awesome and he is on fire in them.

        Delete
    2. No to Ryan Gosling as Batman. Bryan Cranston or Mark Strong as Lex Luthor would be two excellent choices!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I hope either one of these guys gets the part!

        Delete
    3. I like the idea of Peter Capaldi as Dr. Who. I've only seen him in In The Loop and goddamn, he's scary.

      Johnny Depp needs to stop playing weirdos. It's obvious that he's forgotten to play a normal person as he has no idea who he really is. I haven't seen The Lone Ranger but I'm not interested in seeing it.

      I wonder if Javier is jealous that his wife gets to kiss Michael Fassbender? Or is he the next person in line to make out with him? BTW, I want to congratulate Javier and Penelope over the new arrival of their new daughter Luna.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He really is :) He has the most menacing stare I've seen.

        Yeah I think he really lost the grip on reality.

        They named their kid Luna? That's so pretty! He owes her - he made out with Scarlett Johansson :)

        Delete
    4. Okay, let's try this again.

      I can't believe you saw The Call, um...too. That's awesome.

      I'm pretty bummed about Elysium not getting good reviews, because I was looking forward to that one. It seems week after week I keep telling myself that okay, this is going to the best movie of the summer and whatever it is end up sucking the biggest of balls. I've got all my eggs in the Pegg/Frost basket now. Fingers crossed.

      That AHS stuff is freaky. I'm half tempted to watch that show, but I can't commit to shit. Ever. I'm stoked to just make it through a film, let alone something weekly.

      C232? That's f--king great.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, hopefully The World's End will be funny, though I'm not that big of a fan of theirs as everyone else seems to be.

        AHS is awesome, it's only 12 eps a season and actually the wait is horrible, though not as bad as the hiatus between seasons of GoT.

        He's adorable <3333

        Delete
      2. Shit! I didn't even say thanks for the link.

        Um...thanks for the link!

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link! :)

      I plan on starting The Thick of It soon, but I still haven't finished season 1 of Game of Thrones. And I've got to go back to Luther. There's just too much to watch! :)

      Please make Mark Strong as Lex Luthor happen!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I know what you mean, I'm racing through Justified because Breaking Bad is about to come back.

        Delete
    6. Your blog IS magic!! Hope your Elba wish comes true.

      Also, why the hell is everyone involved with The Lone Ranger blaming other people for that film failing?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, I'm sure he is on his way to my small apartment in the middle of nowhere as I type these words :)

        I think Depp needs some counseling or I don't know, meds....

        Delete
    7. Doctor Who appears to be cute and light, but that show can make one cry like a bitch. I'm really excited for Capaldi, even though I'm still not ready to say goodbye to Matt Smith. Loved him in the first season of The Thick of It. He will most certainly be a very unique Doctor. And he's a fan, so yaay!

      I'm excited for Thor too, but mostly 'cuz Loki. He was my favourite thing about the first Thor movie.

      I'm actually really looking forward to The Monuments Men. The story seems really cool. I kind of squealed during the Dujardin shot.

      AND YAAAY AMERICAN HORROR STORY! Frances Conroy looks ab fab.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Cannot wait for American Horror Story! The cast is just amazing and the whole witchcraft/voodoo thing sounds fantastic!

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link! I'm glad that Hulu as The Thick of It. I've been wanting to start it since nearly everyone recommends it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Awesome, I think you'll like it, it's as funny as Snatch if not more so.

        Delete
    9. The jokes are starting to fly in Doctor Who fan circles about how things are going to get a lot more edgy and the language a lot more obscene on the Tardis. The show does have a dark side, but they keep it relatively family friendly -- the sexual stuff is all implied and the language is totally clean.

      I'm not all that familiar with Capaldi's work, but the trend in recent years has been toward "cute" doctors -- I am excited that they cast someone older this time around.

      And I've added The Thick of It to the ever-growing list of shows I need to check out. Right now I am totally addicted to Breaking Bad. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I'm gonna give show a go when he will play the Doctor, he really is a terrific actor.

        Oh, Breaking Bad is excellent!

        Delete
    10. In The Loop is on my to-watch list this weekend since I can't get my hands on the series. :D
      Poor Idris - obviously he needs a fangirl to guide him in the knowledge of robots!
      Nothing but love for Conan - always! Congrats on the show following your tumblr!
      Thank you for the link!!! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awesome, I actually rewatched it this week :)

        He sure does, though I think I'd guess only Wall-E too :)

        Thank you! They are so tech-savvy there it's awesome because Conan takes advantage of both tumblr and twitter to reach his fans.

        Delete
    11. Awesome post as always! Man, can't friggin' wait for The Counselor!! Glad to see Fassy in the lead role instead of Brad, right on Ridley!

      Yeah, Monuments Men trailer is meh indeed, so disappointing but really I'm only excited for that for Blanchett anyway.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope the film is good, it has tons of potential!

        Delete
    12. Thank you for the link!

      I think Peter Capaldi will make an excellent Dr. He just looks right, ya know? I also can't wait for parents to complain after their children look up his past work on YouTube :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Haha yeah that would be epic!

        Delete
    13. See, I don't watch Dr. Who or The Thick of It (The latter is something I know I need to watch at some point. I have seen In The Loop though! Woo!) but for some reason I am getting slightly narked at Who fans now wanting to watch The thick of it. Just because Peter Capaldi's the new Dr. It's a strange and irrational feeling, I know that, but it just irks me. Watch it because you want to! Don't be mindless!

      I really hope the Thor sequel's good. Loved the first one so much. Aside from the first Iron Man and Avengers, the Thor film has been the only one I really enjoyed.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't really care about reasons people have to watch stuff if it will lead them to see something awesome and The Thick of It is certainly awesome :)

        Delete
    14. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I'm glad Elba turned the part down, Dr. Who wouldn't be as good as anything he does in film or Luther.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He didn't turn the part down, he wasn't offered the part because he is black. That was fairly outrageous. I'm fairly certain he would be amazing.

        Delete