Friday, August 16, 2013

(92) Did Hank flush the toilet? + links

By Sati. Friday, August 16, 2013
  • Breaking Bad is back. I only caught the new episode today - yes, this is how busy I was this week - it's already better than the previous part of the season. I realized I only want two things to happen before the end - Jesse to survive and Skyler to die. On the other hand Jesse is so far gone I don't think he can ever recover. I'm a bit shocked Hank actually told Walt he knows the truth, but then again I'm still shocked a glimpse of the book while sitting on the crapper is how he found out. Either way it led to really awesome, intense ending.
  • Gotta love the imdb board for the show. The big issues are the dropped oranges and the fact Hank didn't flush the toilet.
  • Meanwhile the filming of Game of Thrones season 4 has moved to Croatia. Am I the only one that sees....a bit of purple on Jack Gleeson's face?
  • I had a very wild intense naked nice dream about Alexander Skarsgard. I believe in signs so I finally decided to catch up with True Blood
  • That show is so stupid but also so fun. It's a bit worrisome though how Sookie is now one of the least interesting people in the show.  I mean she was always hugely miscast (really? Anna Paquin?) but now not only is she bland, her storyline is boring and involves - and this is exactly how it sounds - vagina light. Also they clearly became even more desperate with a certain death the impact of which was taken away few scenes back. But there are still moments that make it worth watching mostly those that include Sarah Newlin. The fight between her and the Asian chick was freaking hilarious.
  • Anna Camp is so great, I hope her character won't die in finale. I also really like that dude Jessica is fucking. That is one good looking man.
  • Obviously had no time to see any movies this week but I may just watch 2 or 3 today cause after sitting down and watching 4 episodes of True Blood my brain has no power or will to study today. I'm probably going to see Mud or The Great Gatsby. The latter looks like hilarious unintentional comedy.
  • One movie I'm very excited about - and it's going to be a long wait for this one - is Maleficent. There was some sort of Disney Expo not so long ago and they screened first trailer there which is apparently awesome. That poster on the left is fan made, I think, either way it looks great. There is no official footage of Angie as Maleficent yet apart from one picture that is about year old. I heard the trailer will be attached to Thor sequel so it's yet another reason for me to go and see this movie.

  • links:
    • Ruth asks about your favorite biopics
    • Brittani writes about the latest episodes of Breaking Bad, True Blood and The Newsroom
    • Chris and Eric review Only God Forgives
    • Keith reviewed Solaris, one of my all time favorites.
    • Josh made a list of his 100 favorite performances
    • Alex wrote about Bret Easton Ellis' novels vs the adaptations of them
    • Andina shares 10 lessons learned from Black Swan
    • m.brown reviews The Art of Getting by

    RELATED POSTS:

    26 comments:

    1. Bummer, I left you a long comment and it disappeared!! Ah well.

      Thanks for the link! I just wanna say Angie as Maleficent is perfect casting. I also enjoyed that Michael Shannon gifs. Great post as always!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah she is great for the part, I'm very excited about the movie. Thank you!

        Delete
    2. I did see that scene in True Blood where Anna Camp killed that Asian chick. That was hilarious. Please, let her stay alive although... I heard rumors about a major character death and if it's true on who it is. I'm done with the show for good.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. There was a major character death already but it was executed so cowardly I don't think they have the balls to kill anyone else in the finale :)

        Delete
      2. Actually, I'm referring to another character that might happen in the end of this upcoming season finale. I don't want to say that person's name but if it is true. I'm out.

        Delete
      3. Eric? I heard some rumors but I don't think they'll do that, a LOT of people watches just for him.

        Delete
    3. Thanks so much for the link! That Michael Shannon gif is hilarious. WIsh I could find that full interview.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yeah, he is so funny, it's great because he looks so intimidating but he seems to have a lovely sense of humor.

        Delete
    4. Many people are disliking Anna Paquin as Sookie, calling her a miscast. Honestly, I can't undersant why. In first two seasons (which were the best in my opinion because they were pretty much following the books) she played her just the way I imagined Sookie would be like. She even won a Golden Globe and was nominated twice for that part. Maybe she is not that pretty but the best features miss Stackhouse had in books were her long blonde hair and big boobs. No-one said a thing about a pretty face. Or maybe the problem is somwhere else? Anyway I don't have a problem with Anna as Sookie.

      Now whith screenplay being so idiotic and so far away from what it seemed to be in the beggining 5 years ago, I think even greater actresses would have problems with the part. :D

      I'm still wondering, what the hell went wrong with this show? The books written by Charlaine Harris are very entertaining and have much interesing plot than the TV series. I can't understand how the author can tolerate what they have done to the story she created. Thank God, Game of Thrones is not that far away from the books.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well I read the first few books and she just doesn't fit the part. Sookie was supposed to be beautiful, Paquin is barely attractive. In spite of having an Oscar she is terrible in the show and I'll never understand why she got GG for the first season. That scene where she finds her dead grandmother and yells? That scene where she eats the pie and cries? Some of the most laughable acting I've seen in my life.

        She doesn't have 'big boobs' either.

        Alan Ball and his silly ideas wrecked the show, as well as his infatuation with Stephan Moyer.

        Delete
      2. Well, maybe Anna doesn't bother me that much because everything was fine when they were sticking to the books. Now the show is unwatchable for me. Although the final book had not that satisfing closure. I was hoping they would end the agony of this show this year but apparently there is another season coming.

        Delete
      3. Yeah, the only good thing about the next season happening is that it is the first time HBO did a show for 7 seasons so that makes me hopeful Game of Thrones will have at least 8 seasons :)

        Delete
      4. Entourage had eight seasons so in my opinion there is hope for Game of Thrones. I'm not that worried about series, I'm more worried about Winds of Winter, gosh I want to read this book so badly.

        Delete
      5. Ah, I always forget about Entourage, but it was much smaller, shorter show. Same here, GRRM should really speed this up.

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link! Breaking Bad was AWESOME last week. So glad that it's back. The "tread lightly" line was just perfect... I love that they aren't wasting any time getting the season going either.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Tread lightly thing was all over twitter on Monday :)

        Delete
    6. Oh my gosh, that Michael Shannon gif set - love it! Been such a big fan for so long, and he doesn't understand how enigmatic he is.
      Poor True Blood - it's sad to think how awesome the first two seasons were. Nominated for Golden Globes, hello! Then it disappeared off the face of the earth. If I watch I'm sure Alexander and Anna Camp are the best of it all. I'm so happy I met a lot of the cast members before the show tanked.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so funny :) Great actor too.

        Alex is still fantastic, as is Kristen Bauer as Pam. The show improved a little this season, last season - the 5th one - was the worst.

        Delete
    7. Thanks for the link! Purple Joffrey, ahhh! I can't wait for that. I'm kind of jealous about your Alex dream, you're right about Sookie being the least interesting. I loved Sookie. I loved that she wasn't like Bella and was strong, now this whole thing with Warlow is just so ridiculous. True Blood is terrible when it comes to continuity. Love the show, but they've made so many changes that contradict things they've done in earlier seasons.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yes, the Warlow storyline is hugely boring and useless :/ I hope it will be over in finale.

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link! :)

      Maleficent looks like fun, and I love that Michael Shannon gif.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I can't wait for he first trailer for Maleficent, unfortunately it's going to be 2 more months of waiting :(

        Delete
    9. Thanks so much for the link, Sati! I rarely have time to watch movies to. I have them lined up. Ugh. And I really need to see other TV series.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I have about 30 movies to watch, it's crazy :/

        Delete
    10. Thank you for the link, always very appreciated :)I get so excited when I see any kind of GoT picture, even if they aren't actually doing anything in it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Same here, I just can't wait for new season!

        Delete