Friday, September 20, 2013

(97) Why you shouldn't hit Nicole Kidman in the ass with your bike + links

By Sati. Friday, September 20, 2013
  •  Let's just talk about Kidman getting hit in the ass by paparazzo on a bike. This is hilarious. I was hit by a bike once so I know it hurts, but honestly....the way she went down. This video is just priceless. 
  • They called an ambulance for her. She was all right! Not a scratch on her. I'm sure it was a minute or 2 before it arrived. If one of the bystanders had a stroke or a heart attack they would have made him wait 20 minutes.
  • And also - what kind of a fucking moron rides his bike this fast on a sidewalk?
  • So Emmys are this weekend. I couldn't give less of a shit. They have forever lost any credibility by omitting Michelle and Nikolaj. Fuck you Emmys. Fuck you. Also the lack of love for Hannibal = fuck you even more. I'll still watch the ceremony because usually something funny happens, but honestly if they just chose winners and nominees by lottery it would have just as much credibility. 
  • That said I am rooting for Aaron Paul because he is a great actor and a wonderful human being.
  • The same cannot be said about Dean Norris who is continuously disrespectful to the show's fans and his limited thinking abilities prevent him from recognizing not everyone *has to* feel about the show and Walt the way he does. He is a good actor but honestly the more he talks the more I hope his career tanks. 
  • My psycho dreams continue. This week I had a dream Benedict Cumberbatch walked into my room and woke me up by kissing my hand. I swear to God doing those bar exam tests for hours before going to bed is making me unstable in new and exciting kind of ways.
  • Gillian Anderson  is a good actress but she is just awful on Hannibal. I get that she is supposed to be this really cold chick because of what she has been through but Anderson plays her as if she was a robot. The only way they can justify her existence is if Hannibal finally bangs her on her desk. I'd be super happy with that. So far she is just like a robot who talks in slow motion. Seriously. Listening to her saying her lines actually makes me sleepy. Either way it looks like she is back in season 2 and Bryan Fuller crowned her with flowers as well. I think it would be fun if the flower crown actually made an appearance somewhere in the show.
  •  They even put one on Will in prison scene. These people are adorable. This is how you treat fans. You appreciate them and tweet tons of fun shit for them to enjoy.
  •  Another thing that happened was Mads being interviewed about season 1. Look at his shoelaces. Look at them. This is adorable.
  • On Monday Conan is going to win the ratings war - he is going to have most of Breaking Bad cast in his show in a very special episode,. I'm so happy about this. Conan is such a huge fan so the interviews he does with BB people are always awesome and I love seeing Cranston and Paul together.
  • Check out this beautiful on set pic of Sophie Turner on the set of Game of Thrones. This is what she will look like during Purple Wedding.
  • George R.R. Martin posted on his blog that he thinks Walter White is worse than any of characters on Game of Thrones. First of all, what the hell is this man doing blogging? He has 1500 pages to write. I have 1200 pages of tests to do before next Saturday (Jesus...) but here is the difference - I'm not being paid to. He is. He probably has one room filled with cash and another filled with fans' tears. And really? Worse than people on GoT? What about Ramsay doing this Ivan the Terrible shit where naked chicks run in the woods and he hunts them with dogs? I haven't seen last few episodes of BB but I don't think Walt is doing that. Or what about Cersei and Qyburn and their freaky experiments in dungeons? Does Walt do this? Or is he shooting whores with crossbows? Seriously, what was Martin thinking while making this statement?
  • The only thing that gets me going is chilling with some of my favorites comedies. This week I've seen This is the End for the 3rd time and Pineapple Exprres (Who the fuck is Chachi?! moment is just priceless) again.
  • I honestly think that if they nominated Franco for Oscar for this scene and he won I'd consider it one of my favorite Oscar wins. That scene is that funny. And let's not forget "That's right! I like to fucking READ!"
  • I just love it how through entire scene Seth Rogen looks like he is about to explode from withholding laughter.
  • New teaser for American Horror Story: Coven is completely outrageous and I love it:
  •  There's more. Check out brand new posters for the show:
  • A teaser for Grace of Monaco was released this week. The cinematography looks nice but Nicole Kidman loooks absolutely nothing like Grace Kelly.
  • What is up with The Counselor marketing? The posters continue to be terrible (who the fuck airbrushes Fassbender?!) and the editing in the clips is atrocious. The good thing is that it seems to be lowering people's expectations for the movie and that's always good.
  • Luckily the new stills from the film are much better:
  • links:
    • Brittani shares her Emmy predictions
    • Elena shares 9 awesome things about Suits
    • Ruth made a special post for Jeremy Irons's birthday
    • MettelRay reviews This is the End
    • Alex shares a list of things he loves about Heat
    • Josh lists 10 2007 films he is not nominating
    RELATED POSTS:

    28 comments:

    1. Airbrushing Fassbender... NO...

      I haven't rode a bike in nearly 20 years. I'm not dumb enough to even ride one on a city sidewalk. I'd wish Nicole Kidman would've gone apeshit on that dumbass. I hope Grace of Monaco would be good though I don't want to root for Harvey Weinstein. I fucking hate that guy.

      I don't care for the Emmys either though I'm glad Soderbergh won for his cinematography for Behind the Candelabra.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, it's like correcting God.

        Apparently he was only cited. I wish they would punish those idiots more for something like that.

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the link! :)

      Haha, I love that scene from This is the End. And I should rewatch Pineapple Express, as I haven't seen it in years.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Franco is seriously hilarious in both of those :)

        Delete
    3. There is no way Walter White is worse than Ramsey, Roose, Cersei, Qyburn, Tywin, or Walder Frey.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep. I really don't know what the hell GRRM was thinking. Maybe he was already celebrating his birthday a day before and he got a bit tipsy.

        Delete
    4. Hi, new to the site. I really enjoy your blog. Have you seen Gillian Anderson in 'Fallen?' I think she's been doing a lot of ice queen roles lately.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi! :) Thank you so much and thanks for commenting!

        I haven't seen her in that but I heard good things about her work there. In Hannibal she just seems so disinterested in her own performance and character.

        Delete
    5. I love how your excitement gets me excited as well. I lost a bit of my passion for movies this summer being away from it for 3 months but I'm getting it back. But your Friday posts keep me motivated hence my eagerness to see AHS new season. Definitely better than the last by far just based on the plot.

      But one thing I can never be passionate about is the awards.. I mean, where the hell are all the GOT nominations!??!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I actually watch like 5 movies a month now, it's such a bummer, I have literally nothing to review right now. I'm definitely going to be recaping AHS just like last year :)

        GoT got a lot of nominations, problem is that the people who most deserved to be recognized didn't :(

        Delete
      2. Well, I'll be certainly reading your recaps.. I'm pretty sure I'll be learning lots of new things and stuff about it just like with GoT and I appreciate that a lot. I wish I had shows that I would gladly recap each week but I know I'd be too lazy and frankly, I watch too many to keep up with everything as well as write something. :D

        Delete
      3. Awesome, thanks so much! Yeah I know a bit about voodoo history and New Orleans so I'm gonna try to incorporate that. I love doing recaps, I always rant about the shows so that's easy to write :)

        Delete
    6. I loved that scene in This Is The End. I can't believe they actually kept it going for like, 10 minutes. That would be a worthy Oscar nomination in my opinion. I'm kind of bummed Sansa doesn't have another dress. She's been wearing the same one pretty much all of last season. (except her own wedding) I wish I had a better look at her hair net. That statement George Martin made about Walter White is so laughable. Did he forget he wrote the Boltons AND The Mountain? Although to be fair, I could see Arya going full Walter White at some point.

      Thanks for linking my Emmy predictions. I hope nothing interesting happens when I tune out to watch Breaking Bad.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I cannot believe they even managed to shoot it! I bet it took forever, I would have laughed out loud like 10 times if I was there.

        I like the dress but it's a bummer they always choose those mousy colors for her - gray, brown, dark purple...she looked so lovely in pink and blue dresses in season 1. The colors they choose for her now look like something that would suit much older actress not a teenage girl. It just looks so heavy.

        Yeah but still Arya and Walt - nowhere near Ramsay's crazytown :)

        I wonder if anyone will actually continue to watch the Emmys when BB starts :)

        Delete
    7. WOW, poor Nicole. She walked the same way my sister did once, but the difference is that one of them got hit, the other one was lucky and showed a finger to the idiot riding with his dog that could barely breath. But I think we should take a moral lesson from this incident - shit always comes out of nowhere. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hate cyclists. They think they can ride wherever they want, as fast as they can :/

        That's a good lesson :)

        Delete
    8. That Nicole Kidman bit made me choke. hahahahaa. Honestly. What.
      And the American Horror Story posters look just marvellous. After I finish with Breaking Bad, I'm definitely giving it a go. Also, thank you so much for the shout-out!

      And good luck with studying, I'm so impressed by the quality you put in here while doing the... you know, law thing. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm so glad someone made that video :)

        It's definitely worth seeing. The show is insane but it's unique and the cast is fantastic.

        Yeah I have so much going on...I just wish I had a bit more time to see more films :(

        Delete
    9. THANKS SO MUCH for the link, always appreciated, Sati.

      My sister-in-law was hit by a cyclist early this year and suffered a skull fracture when she hit the pavement! Yeah, it can be as damaging as a car crash. Poor Nicole, not only did she fall she had to suffer that whilst being watched by so many people.

      Those posters for American Horror Story are incredible. THAT's what provocative marketing is all about, very creative! That Counselor one on the other hand, is just laughable!

      Fab LINKS post as always, Sati!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh, God! It's horrible when you fall on your back.

        I really don't know what those The Counselor marketing people are smoking :)

        Thank you! :)

        Delete
    10. Kidman should've pressed charges against that paparazzi asshole. I hate those guys. I see them all over LA, pestering famous people who are just trying to get their kids some ice cream. Ugh.

      Either way, side note, I'm glad you were able to get that girl to take her post down. That made me so mad for you.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hate it when they take pics of kids. I mean those fucking flash lights from camera can be so scary. For dogs too.

        I hope she won't pull something like this again. The fact that I actually had to explain to her why what she did was wrong was insane.

        Delete
    11. Holy shit that Franco action is priceless. I actually think I could have died during that scene I was laughing so hard. It cracks me up just thinking about it. Rogen deserves some kind of trophy for keeping his shit together. Goodness.

      Can't anybody make a f--king poster? Seriously. 90% of the fan made shit is so much better, it's ridiculous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He really does, I'd be on the floor laughing my ass off :)

        It really is, I mean that is just embarrassing

        Delete
    12. Yeah awards shows are officially lame.
      AHS:Coven is really fascinating the marketing is definitely done right.
      HA HA to those Counselor posters. I think the marketing depts at these film studios are running out of ideas or are in desperate need of some new blood.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, The Counselor posters are just embarrassing. Airbrushing is something that needs to go away,

        Delete
    13. Yes, Ramsay Snow trumps the hell out of Walter White. Hands down.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Martin really needs to think before he blogs :) And write two books before doing so, while he is at it :)

        Delete