Sunday, September 29, 2013

(98) I'm still here + links

By Sati. Sunday, September 29, 2013
  • Hello, blogging friends and readers! I'm still here. I know it's odd there was no posts in last few days and how I'm for the first time in this blog's history postponing Rambling Friday to Sunday. I actually had people ask me if I'm still alive. Well I don't know if I am, as it's more of philosophical issue, but I'm back posting. 
  • What happened was I had my bar exam yesterday so I was neck deep in boring shit. How did it go? Well, I believe in signs and the day before the exam I saw a dead seagull on the ground. So I'm not holding my breath for the results.
  • Did I mention I got sinus infection the day before the exam? Yeah.
  • Anyways, as I lost the will and ability to sleep I was able to catch up with all the new episodes of Breaking Bad. While I think the show has problems with its writing (to be honest, the only show that didn't was Deadwood) I admire the fact that I have absolutely no idea where the things will go in the finale. I just hope they won't go with some noble suicide route for either Walt or Jesse. That is so predictable. I loved the final 3 minutes of the latest episode. So badass. I really hope Walt goes full Heisenberg in finale. I'd also like to see him take some people down with chemistry. It's just epic whenever he uses his knowledge to take down his enemies.
  • A bunch of movies got delayed to 2014 including Foxcatcher and Grace of Monaco causing a big havoc in people's predictions. The word is Wolf of Wall Street may be postponed to next year too. I feel like this whole Steal Oscar for Leo thing will seriously become an annual thing.
  • Khaleesi is in Croatia!
  •  Denmark has submitted The Hunt for this year's Foreign film Oscar. Good luck other countries but I don't think you'll beat that. I so want it to win. If there was any justice Mads would be nominated (and won) too.
  • While we are at the subject of the proof God is real Mads - he has this new movie called Michael Kohlhaas which will probably be yet another Danish movie that just goes over my head BUT 1. I know for a fact he is naked in it 2. apparently this happens in the movie:
  • So not only does this include the one thing missing from Hannibal but it also shows him bringing animals to this world? AKA creatures that should run this joint? Yep, this is how I die. Right there watching that movie. Too much perfect.
  • 2 part season premieres of Parks and Rec, Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory were all awesome.
  • I actually teared up during the proposal scene. Oh, hell, I'm getting old.
  • I loved Ron bringing his sass to London. Ben being all panicky about Andy being Andy was fun too. I'm hating Ann/Chris stuff more and more, I may actually not miss them when they leave after all.
  • I loved that Ron's wedding was such a quick sequence however I still hope there will be some huge explosion of awesome soon when both Tammys find out Ron got married to someone else. I loved his scenes alone at the cliff near the end - that was so Ron!
  • As for The Big Bang Theory I laughed quite a lot especially during Sheldon's poignant 'Penny in 100 years you will both be dead and it won't matter' line but I could do without some stuff. The relentless jokes about Howard and Raj being like a couple/acting like women are now just tasteless and annoying. I have a high threshold for bizarre and gross but that boobs scene was just fucking awful and mildly traumatizing.
  • American Horror Story: Coven main titles are finally here and they are absolutely awesome.

  • links:

    RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link! I hope that you pass the bar exam! I have friends who are currently studying law and they are dying. At least it'll be over for you soon! :)

      Ahhh fall season premiere week! Still have yet to see Parks & Rec, but loved Modern Family's proposal scene! Such a great moment between them!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I didn't but I'll try again next year, I came really close to passing so that's good.

        I love Modern Family,such a funny, warm series that always makes me smile.

        Delete
    2. Sorry you have sinus infection, get well soon!

      I agree The Hunt deserves an oscar nom/win for foreign film, and maybe Mads M for best actor.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I really hope it gets some Oscar love.

        Delete
    3. I love all this seasons AHS stuff, it looks creepy and brilliant. Also, hopefully your studies went well and the dead bird thing wouldn't be such of a big deal.. or maybe the sign was meant for something else in your life?

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, the bird was definitely for that :)

        You're welcome! :)

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the link! Those titles for American Horror Story are wicked. I still need to catch up with season 2 though before I check out 3.
      Oh and best of luck for your exam results!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I just cannot wait for the new season.

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link! :)

      I'm sure you did fine on the bar exam. Hope your sinus infection goes away soon.

      Leo just can't catch a break. First Shutter Island was delayed. Then The Great Gatsby. Now potentially The Wolf of Wall Street. He just can't seem to get in the right film at the right time. I'm starting to think he'll never win a n Oscar. :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I did fine but not fine enough :)

        I'm sure he will win at some point but it may be many years before it happens :(

        Delete
    6. Hope you did well on the bar exam.
      Getting a sinus infection BEFORE an exam...really? And I thought I had shitty luck.

      To cheer you every AHS fan up, go on youtube and write 'American Horrible Story'. It's a nearly 30-min long fan-made comedy movie of the first season, but there are some really funny moments.

      I hope you will be okay very soon.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I fell 8 points short, but I'll try again next year :)

        Yeah I kinda felt half dead yesterday, I'm a bit better now.

        Oh awesome, I'll check it out!

        Thank you so much!

        Delete
    7. A sinus infection before your bar exam! How terrible. I know how that feels. Last semester I got the flu the first week classes started. I pretty much had to bring my couch, tissues, orange juice, etc. with me to every single class. Hope you're feeling better! :)
      If Wolf on Wall Street can only be delayed until a Christmas release, it still has a chance to make it into the awards...doesn't it? Any longer than that and Leo is so screwed - again. :/
      Thank you for sharing my post!! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm feeling much better now, thank you!

        I think they want to delay it to next year :/

        Delete
      2. Pardon the capitalization but NOOOOOO. *sigh* Thanks for letting me know!

        Delete
      3. It's still unofficial, though, maybe there's still hope for this year's release :)

        Delete
    8. Sorry, the movie is almost 18 minutes long, not 30, my bad, but I advise you to check it out. Just write 'American Horrible Story' and click the first clip you see.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll check it after BrBa finale, I may need a laugh after that :)

        Delete
    9. The dead seagull story made me laugh out loud. I mean, it's unfortunate that you saw that before your exam, but you worded that hilariously.

      Thanks so much for the kind words and the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I laughed too. I mean this is just perfect. I have such bad luck in life, after some time it just amuses me.

        You're very welcome!

        Delete
    10. Sinus infections absolutely suck. I hope you feeling well now. I can't wait to finish Breaking Bad, but I have to wait for the rest of the series to come to Netflix.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I feel a bit better, but I still feel weak as hell :/ I hope you'll avoid spoilers!

        Delete
    11. Thanks for the link love, Sati. Oh boy, I hope you're feeling better soon girl, sinus infection is just horrible! I've missed you but I figure you'd been busy with your exam and stuff. Hope you'll be blogging regularly again but hey, I'll always come by whenever you decide to do so. Thanks for the update and your always epic LINKS post! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I need to find a job but when I do I'll still have some time, given how most of my days and nights were studying and hopefully I'll find something where it's just 8h a day in the office and then it's free time :)

        Delete
    12. Still royally ticked that I havent been able to see "The Hunt". I hope I get the chance soon. And I love that Mads is getting some pop! He deserves it. Fabulous actor.

      I actually just started watching Breaking Bad last week (yes, I know). It's a pretty enthralling show. I did go ahead and watch the finale. It's a pretty good finish!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love Mads. Such a talented actor and quite honestly the most beautiful man I've seen :) I hope you'll get a chance to see The Hunt soon, fantastic movie!

        For me the peak of the show is season 4 - really one of the finest seasons of any series I've seen.

        Delete
    13. Thanks for the link! Your blog/twitter/tumblr is my go to for Mads news. lol. I first heard about The Hunt from you, and I'm so pumped my town actually got it! I loved drunk Leonard in The Big Bang Theory, I think that was my favorite part of those new episodes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Mads is my God <333 Can't wait to read your thoughts on the Hunt!

        It was so funny and how appalled Sheldon was during the phone call :)

        Delete
    14. I'm really surprised they moved Foxcatcher.
      I have no internet right now, so I can't watch the new episode of Parks and Rec :(
      I managed to watch the finale of Breaking Bad at a friend's house.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Me too, I think they are hoping Carrel will have less competition next year.

        Oh, that's awful :/ The premiere was really fun!

        Delete
    15. Hahaha, that Parks & Rec GIF is great. I forgot the new season already started... gotta get on that ASAP!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's pretty good so far but I'm still waiting for them to figure out how they wanna go with the story, so far they are only filling up the episodes with jokes with no plan in sight.

        Delete