Friday, October 11, 2013

(100) Hello, gorgeous + links

By Sati. Friday, October 11, 2013

  • Welcome to the 100th installment of Whatever my deranged brain is thinking series. I'm amazed you guys made it with me this long. Just how many of you need therapy now?
  • It's only appropriate that gorgeous Mads is at the beginning of the post. That's all thanks to the first Charlie Countryman trailer being released. They actually made a movie where Evan Rachel Wood's character prefers Shia Labeouf over Mads. This is the most insane thing I've heard of in my entire life.
  • Also - that trailer gave us this.
  • As if that wasn't enough they also released two promo pics:
  • First - I wanna send flowers to whoever dressed Mads for this movie. Second - are they kidding? I'm gasping for breath here.
  • Speaking of, there are photos from Hannibal season 2 set on tumblr - apparently someone hid in the bushes and took them. Just to clarify - it wasn't me. Had it been me I'd be in Canadian jail right now.
  • You know what? Fuck it - it's 100th post - I'm posting this here for no reason:
  • So Oliver Stone called Breaking Bad finale "too violent and ridiculous". Oliver Stone. I don't think I even need to make a comment, right?
  • I also won't comment on those new Nymphomaniac posters. The one with Udo Kier is just...no, I have no words.
  • I'm looking for a job now, basically harassing law firms with my CV and I had to go to district office to take care of my insurance today. Jesus, that building. It was like I was Alice in Wonderland. If Wonderland was made out of shit.
  • I finally saw Gravity. It was glorious. It's actually my highest rated movie since the Artist which I also rated 99/100. I'll try to write the review for it for Monday. Such an amazing experience and you should definitely see it in 3D. Also that moment when Clooney found her and grabbed her when she was spinning, after minutes of being terrified and alone. Oh, my...he's like...a space knight.
  • I also saw Prisoners. I know a lot of people in the blogosphere liked that movie, but fair warning - I'm gonna shit all over it in my review which I'll post next week. I found the movie completely preposterous and boring. Ironically I saw Beautiful Creatures which received a lot of bad reviews but I did find the movie entertaining. Maybe it's because of the South. Set a movie there and I'll like it.
  • My heart bleeds whenever I read news like this - amazing Jennifer Ehle will now waste her time and talent on 50 shades of Grey. She will play the main chick's mother.
  • First episode of American Horror Story: Coven was crazy entertaining. I love Jessica Lange's new character - she is like more liberated, glamorous Constance from season 1. I'm loving all those nods and homages too, it's so much fun when you actually know the movies they borrow from.
  • I'm finding Parks and Recreation new season to be worse and worse. The premiere was great but now things are just awful with the exception of Ron. Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory weren't that great this week either.

  • links:
    • Josh, Ruth, Katy and BigScreenSmallWords review Gravity
    • Brittani reviews delightful Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    • Alex features John Turturro in his great in Character series
    • m.brown reviews The Bling Ring
    • Ruth gives 10 reasons why BroadChurch is a must-watch TV series
    • Nika and Jack review the season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven

    RELATED POSTS: 

    24 comments:

    1. Congratulations on 100 Rambling Friday posts!!! It inspired me to start Saturday Sharing on my blog. :D
      Thank you so much for the link! I waited two years to see Gravity and it was definitely worth it! Clooney was definitely a space knight. Even though Robert Downey Jr was originally cast in that part, I can't help but imagine him to be really annoying and condescending rather than comforting - which is what I think everyone needs watching that movie. *sorry, I can go on and on!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!
        Exactly, I completely agree with that - Downey is a lovely person but he just lacks Clooney's warmth.

        Delete
    2. Congrats ! And yes, I need therapy because of your posts but I'm fairly certain I needed it before as well so I guess it's not you, it's me. But I love your enthusiasm about people and actors, I can never love actors to an extent that you seem to love them, it's good, I think it's healthy but my only love is JGL and he seems to be constant..

      PS: Good luck with the job hunt, I know from experience it is super difficult and mentally draining to find a job! But I wish you all the luck!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I don't think there is anything remotely healthy about my love for Mads :)

        I think it shouldn't be tough, I don't need money so I may start as an intern. I only look for gaining experience somewhere, before I retake the bar next year.

        Delete
    3. Shia LaBeouf over Mads? What are you? On fucking crack? There's no way in hell that if I was a woman or a dude that I would take someone as puny as Shia over someone as cool and badass as Mads...

      Oliver Stone... fuck him. He hasn't made a fucking good movie in years. His comments are more irrelevant these days as his bullshit liberal propaganda politics.

      I'm glad Jennifer Ehle is getting some work again but even she won't save the dreck that is 50 Shades of Grey.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Exactly. Maybe her character is on crack, though. That's like the only thing that could explain this madness :)

        He is kinda like Easton Ellis. They both talk shit and haven't done anything worth while in a loooong time.

        She won't indeed :/

        Delete
    4. I have now begun to resist the urge to squeal whenever I see any gif/photo/video of Mads Mikkelsen! I think I need to own every movie he's ever been in now. Yes, that seems like plan...
      Yay for 100 posts of this series! And thanks for linkage :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can never resist that urge :)

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    5. Great write-up Sati! and thanks for the link :))

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you for the link! Good luck on the job hunt! Also, congratulations on making it to 100! Your Rambling Fridays is one of my favorite features of your blog; I always look forward to it. :) The only thing I regret about my experience watching Gravity is not watching it in 3D. It would have looked amazing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Thank you so much, I'm glad the feature is so well liked :)

        3D was really incredible there, the best I've seen so far.

        Delete
    7. Congrats on reaching your 100th installment! These Friday posts are always entertaining. I will see Gravity in November, happy you gave it a high rating.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I think you'll like the movie, it's really amazing!

        Delete
    8. It makes me ridiculously happy to see how much you love Mads hahah. And I'll be waiting for your review on both Prisoners and Gravity, neither of which I've seen yet because Norway is cinematically retarded... but hey, happy 100th and here's to the next hundred! (here goes the GIF of Gatsby raising his glass :D)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so perfect <333

        I'll be including spoilers in the reviews, though. Especially Prisoners - the plot is so stupid I really need to bitch about that :P

        Delete
    9. Woo hoo!!! Congrats on your 100th LINKS post, I love 'em all and you always have sooo many fun and gorgeous things on here to enjoy :D

      THANK YOU for the links. So thrilled that you enjoy Gravity as well, high five!! I'm not all that interested in seeing Prisoners to be honest, but I look forward to your review. I'm generally not fond of Jake Gyllenhaal and even from the trailer it looks tedious.

      Btw, looking forward to Mads new movie! Yeah, he looks awesome in those pics!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        You're welcome! Prisoners is so boring and ridiculous, I cannot believe that it got so much praise in the blogosphere it's just such a shameless Oscar bait. Gyllenhaal was actually the best thing about that movie.

        Delete
    10. Good to see the Mads love continuing. I saw The Hunt the other day and loved it, although it made me incredibly angry.
      Shame you didn't like Prisoners. I didn't absolutely love it like a lot of others, but I thought it was alright. Look forward to you destroying it though :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The Hunt made me furious. I kept hoping that village will explode by the end of the film, leaving most dead. I really hope it wins Best Foreign movie this year.

        Delete
    11. Congrats on reaching 100 of these posts, and thanks for the link! (You meant to link me, right? I'm linked under Chris' name.) :)

      I'm actually planning to watch Beautiful Creatures soon. I'm intrigued based on the good things I've heard from some bloggers.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sorry, fixed! :)

        It's a really fun movie, great atmosphere and score too.

        Delete
    12. Grats on 100 of these posts!! Definitely the most entertaining post series from any blog I follow :)

      Glad you liked Gravity that much, I really enjoyed it but did have some issues.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much!

        I loved it, I really think it may end up being my favorite movie of the year.

        Delete