Friday, November 1, 2013

(103) Halloween! + links

By Sati. Friday, November 1, 2013
  •  So how was everyone's Halloween? I followed the tradition of watching one horror movie I like and one I never saw before - Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Jessica Biel - and for the first time - original Halloween. Both were so scary especially Halloween - that fucker was always in the background!
  • LOVED new American Horror Story, but apparently Connie Britton is interested in being in Coven. Nashville is tanking and she wants to go back, hm? Ryan asked her to be in Asylum and she said no. Honestly, I find her performance in season 1 to be one of the season's weakest points - she looked so bored and dispassionate about her work, her character, the story. I hope if she gets back she steps up her game.
  • 1,5 season I waited for Alex Breckenridge and they kill her character off. This is bullshit.
  • Also - Gabourey Sidibe needs more screentime:
  • Every week after new episode airs some twits complain about her weight on imdb. It's not your life, it's not your choice, just fuck off. If she is happy with it, and she clearly is, fuck off.
  • Look at our Khaleesi in UK Vogue.
  • Michael Fassbender needs to learn to shut his handsome trap or find a better publicist. First there was that terrible GQ interview where he came off a little bit like a sexist asshole and now he is complaining about people joking about his dick. Boo-freaking-hoo. He actually said "When people feel the freedom to create Tumblr accounts about my cock, I feel like that wasn't part of the deal." The thing is he showed his "privates" in a movie, in an age screencaps and gifsets are everywhere. And in this world you can show as much violence as you want but nudity is still getting movies NC-17 rating. For some reason it's a big deal. So, really, is anyone surprised people talk about it?
  • Remember this moment below? Such harassment!!! Oh, the humanity!!! Oh, the innocence!!! Clooney better lawyers up. 
  • George, I'm wide open.
  • Well, either way Fass will star in gangster film Trespass Against Us. It tells the story of Chad Cutler (Fassbender), who belongs to an outlaw clan running three generations deep in the traveler community, who are constantly clashing with police. But things get sticky in this father/son tale when Chad wants out of the family business and traditions. This all sounds very boring but at least Chemical Bothers is doing the soundtrack.
  • They are rebooting Addams Family as animated series. Good news is that Tim Burton is not involved. He must be busy whoring himself out elsewhere. And that would be Beetlejuice 2.
  • Moving on to more pleasant things - I want to trade lives with the cat on the picture on the right. 
  • Good news for me - they are still working on Prometheus 2. Of course word is they are still working on The Girl who Played with Fire too and I think I have better shot at threesome with Mads and Clooney in fucking space than ever seeing that one.
  • The new trailer for Charlie Countryman is pretty awesome and Mads dropping all those F bombs is driving me wild.
  • We got several new trailers this week including new trailer for Wolf of Wall Street (now it's official - being released this Christmas) which thank God is much better than the first one. I'm a huge Jonah Hill fan so it was great seeing so much of him in that preview, it looks like he is doing a great job! Shame this is yet another trailer with no Jean Dujardin in it. We also got new X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer. It was a bunch of epic shots with all those famous people there but the music choices really buried the thing for me. Journey to the Line is one of the best movie tracks ever but for the love of God, how often do we hear it in trailers? Also I'm fairly certain John Murphy is a millionaire by now thanks to the commissions from all those movies, commercials and trailers that use his Sunshine music.
  • As for blog news - every once in few days or weeks some of my posts get linked on one of those big sites like reddit or some fan forums and people flock here. And if the post linked is from Visual Parallels series I have to deal with a bunch of retarded comments about the parallels being accidental. I had no idea it's so hard to decipher the word 'visual'. To me it means it is something we see, not something with agenda behind it. But apparently a lot of people understand visual as intentional, first and something you see with you eyes, second. I mean, seriously how clearer can I make the word VISUAL?

  • links:
    • Eric reviews original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Alex reviews The Counselor
    • MettelRay announced her next awesome blogathon - Breaking Emotions
    • Brittani reviews Maniac
    • Josh shares 20 reasons why Halloween is his favorite horror film
    • BigScreenSmallWords has a great review of Stoker
    • Chris reviews Captain Phillips
    • Ruth and few fellow bloggers choose best films of Twin Cities Film Festival
    • Dan reviews Blue is the Warmest Color
    RELATED POSTS:

    34 comments:

    1. They killed of Alex Breckenridge? BOO!!!!

      Emilia Clarke... mmm....

      I'm totally going to see Wolf of Wall Street on Xmas. I'm disappointed though that it's only 15 minutes short of being a 3-hour film.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know :( Hopefully she will be in flashbacks. She is the hottest chick in whole 3 seasons.

        I just hope it can hold my interest through 2h 45 minutes :)

        Delete
    2. wow that was your first time watching Halloween?! My all-time favorite horror film!! Michael Myers is frightening! I'm glad you got to see it anyways, and I love your rambling Fridays lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, I'm really behind on classics :) I'm gonna see the other ones with Curtis's character in it soon :)

        Delete
    3. My teens have convinced me that the internet is where all the total idiots come out of the woodwork and show themselves in all their glory. It's probably best to ignore commenters like that. :-/

      I hope you enjoyed your Halloween. We watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and Halloween.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, Internet is filled with idiots :/

        I really did! Haha, same here with Halloween - really loved that movie.

        Delete
    4. I love the final gif set, Conan looks so bothered in his Conany way. Thanks for the link btw! And also.. I am so behind with new releases that I might as well go live in a cave for a while. Working, studying and now running a blogathon will be the death of me, but Wall Street looks promising still. PS: I've fallen behind with AHS but that just means I can have multiple episodes in a row!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love Conan being bothered :) AHS keeps getting better and better every week!

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link! I hope you get to see Maniac, I'd love to hear what you think. I didn't realize Fassbender was so angry that people are talking about his cock. At least they aren't saying that it's small! It reminds me of this wrestler Mickie James, and the horrible things people say about her when a bunch of old nudes she did were found online. He should be happy he's at least in a positive situation.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :) I'm gonna try to see it next week!

        Yeah, I mean really, he probably gets laid even more than he would without that movie, either way it's probably an enormous number of women :)

        Delete
    6. Thanks for link as always! :)

      Glad you liked Halloween, it's one of my favourite horror films. As for Fass, well I don't know how he can willingly bare all in films, on more than one occasion, and then moan about it. And that gif of him laughing at Clooney just shows that he doesn't mind, he's just throwing his toys out of the pram a bit.

      As for people moaning about stuff on your site, well they're just idiots. People on Reddit moan about everything, it keeps you level headed, for sure. I love you Visual Parallels, as I'm sure do many others and I can't wait for the next one.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :)

        I think he is just trying to take people's attention away from The Counselor fiasco and he is just talking about everything that comes to his mind.

        Oh, Reddit is the worst! I'm gonna post new VP soon :)

        Delete
    7. Thanks for the linkage Sati! Much appreciated!

      ReplyDelete
    8. By the way, Michael Fassbender is such a baby for saying all of that. I honestly thought he was at least less serious than that, but I guess I was all wrong and he's a true thespian at heart. Pretentious and everything.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, I know. As if he had nothing to complain about but people admiring his dick. How awful!

        Delete
    9. Oh, Michael Fassbender. Really? It's just your penis man. Female actresses face so much worse criticism and ire with their every move about dieting, love lives, doing nude for photoshoots or roles.
      Can't wait for the Wolf of Wall Street!! I'm happy it's staying with its Dec 25th release.
      Was it just me or has the X-Men trailer been Inceptioned with the track song?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Exactly and it's not like people are just praising his dick, he is constantly being called one of the best actors working today.

        I really wish they chose different music for that trailer, it was a bit too much with all the explosions and that music.

        Delete
    10. Fassbender...bah, bah. I wish people would talk about my junk.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha :) Yeah it's a silly thing to complain about.

        Delete
    11. Whoa. I had no idea that JD was in Wolf of Wall Street. My mind is officially blown with all those dreamy gents. That guy needs to be in more shit.

      Anyway, I would be fully down for Girl who played with fire...but I'm with you...it's more likely that I have sweet space sex with Sissy Spacek. Yeah. I typed that.

      Not that I need to tell you, but don't sweat those dickholes who can't figure out your VPs. Good work is good work, regardless if the person looking at it is an inbred hillbilly.

      Have a good weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He really does :) I think he has a small part in this one and a bit more screentime than that in Monuments Men.

        I really liked the first movie, damn I wish it made more money. If it was more successful we would have seen the sequel by now.

        Haha, that's true! :P

        Delete
    12. Thanks so much for the link, dearest! Oh so many awesome things here... Khaleesi is sooo gorgeous, I didn't realize the actress actually has dark hair. Ooooh, I LOVE that photo of Mads w/ the cat, I could totally frame that in my living room!!

      Ahah, yeah it's silly for Fassy to be complaining about ppl talking about his "privates" when he obviously doesn't mind baring it all for the least private media ever, I mean, a film is forever, people would have access to that for years on end. He should just shrug it off and move on!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Oh, yes, she wears a wig on the show and they sometimes lighten her eyebrows. She looks even prettier as a brunette.

        Exactly, especially that it's in no way hurting his career - he is constantly getting amazing parts in films and Shame only raised his profile.

        Delete
    13. Gabourey Sidibe definitely needs more screentime. I completely agree with you about Connie Britton, she did look bored throughout season one. How awful does Nashville look?
      Gutted about Alex Breckenridge.

      Charlie Countryman looks really good (I prefer the original title though). I'm really excited to see Mads and Evan Rachel Wood work together.

      Seriously though, where the hell was Dujardin in the new trailer for WOWS? Looks like a lot of fun though.

      Unrelated - I'm seeing Thor: The Dark World today! Woo.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm sure Britton can be good, I heard she was great in Friday Night Lights but she did seem...lost in season 1., It's kinda awful how now that her show is in trouble she is trying to get on AHS just because it's doing well, she already refused Murphy in season 2 and now she is running back to him.

        I can't wait to see that movie, it looks insane!

        I'm really sad he isn't in either of trailers :( He probably has very little screen time.

        Awesome, can't wait to read your review!

        Delete
    14. Frankly, Fassbender is getting a little overexposed. I'm getting a little tired of seeing him. I'll have to read his GQ article. I understand what Fassbender is saying. but he made a NC-17 movie. What did he expect would happen? Female actresses deal with this constantly. It's even worse for them.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, at least when he did it people really talked about this performance and the movie. It's not like it hurt his career at all.

        Delete
    15. Thanks for the link!

      So glad to hear you enjoyed Halloween! That might be my favorite "classic" horror film. John Carpenter's finest.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It was really fun! I did like it much more than Carpenter's other movies.

        Delete
    16. Thanks for the link! :)

      Glad you loved the original Halloween. I really need to watch the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, as I've wanted to see it for years.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        The remake is really good and Biel's performance is surprisingly great!

        Delete