Friday, November 8, 2013

(104) Let Clooney talk, let Fassy pee + links

By Sati. Friday, November 8, 2013
  • So couple of rooms in my apartment are being redone. My room is the only usable one, which means my mother brought all of her shit in here. I have 5 bedside lamps in my room right now. And plants. So many plants. It's like a Lynchian nightmare. Gustav is sleeping in my bed. He took over my pillows. I nearly fell out of a bed. And he is A YORKIE.
  • They are doing something to our wooden floors and the smell is fucking awful. I spent 3 hours yesterday wandering around the neighborhood and today I went to see Thor: The Dark World. The female audience in my theater basically wet themselves when Hemsworth was shirtless for no reason at all.
  • The film was really fun. The first one is one of my favorite comic book movies, I like it even more than Avengers. That one wasn't that good but it was funny and entertaining. And I did love all those scenes where Loki was throwing himself on top of Jane to shield her from explosions. That was really nice.
  • Speaking of big movies, the more time passes, the less is known about this new Mad Max film. It seems they are shooting new scenes for it.  Damn, does it mean Charlize Theron has to shave her head all over again?
  • All those celebrity/people with Oscar buzz movies round tables are happening right now. I never watch those, because I have so little time as it is to actually catch the movies in the running, but apparently Clooney did the writers one, because it was recorded before Monuments Men was pushed to next year. Anyways, people are complaining that Clooney took over the conversation and he always does this. Excuse me. That is George Clooney. God's gift to women kind. He has been making us happy for the last 2 decades. If he wants to talk, shut up and listen.
  • Last week on Rambling Friday I spent quite a lot of post talking about Michael Fassbender's penis. I must do this again as Fass is making a new movie and he peed on the set. Why is this news? Because someone took a photo of it. Yes, yes I know. Privacy! Innocence! Humanity! Let's keep things in perspective, people. My room has been hijacked, I'm starting a new job on Tuesday and every day I spend several hours memorizing legal acts. And this is one of the very few things that makes me happy. And come on...it's a fairly open bush to pee in. I'm gonna stop talking now.
  • You can see the photo here via fantastic MyNewPlaidPants blog. God bless us everyone.
  • So this happened:
  • to which tumblr said:
  • and then this happened:
  • Am I dead? Is this heaven?! IS IT APRIL YET? WHY ISN'T IT APRIL?!
  • New Richard Armitage photoshoot is out. For the love of God....how is it even possible to be this handsome?
  • Ryan Murphy has revealed that Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates are loving being a part of American Horror Story team. He also shared a cute story involving BatesKathy Bates sent the writers a basket of plush toys all in the shapes of disemboweled organs. It doesn’t get better than when an Oscar winner sends you a grab bag of stuffed pancreas to say ‘Thank you and job well done.  
  • Hopefully this means they will be back next season.
  • Speaking of AHS, check out those cool Tarot cards by Vulture, inspired by new season. On the side note - I post someone's shit and I get 5,000 notes on tumblr. Damn, the only times I get close to those are when I make Breaking Bad edits.
  • I saw The Counselor this week. It was not good. No, no - let me rephrase that. It was bad. It was real bad. The only reason I gave it 5/10 are - Bolito scene, the score and Brad Pitt. Seriously, Pitt made that shit watchable. Cameron Diaz was so bad. She completely misunderstood her character and she was just embarrassing - she played the part with that smug 'oooh I get to play a cool character!' vibe which completely took me out of her scenes. Honestly, even I would do a better job. Of course I'd fall off the hood and die while attempting to do the split, but still - I'd do a better job.

  • links:
    • Chris reviews Mud
    • Alex lists top 10 Stephen King's novels adaptations
    • Eric reviews Moon
    • Chris writes about one of my favorite novels - Under the Skin
    • Keith chooses 5 phenomenal movie reveals
    • Brittani reviews Disconnect
    • Alex, Jack and Dan review Thor: The Dark World
    • Elina reviews Perfect Sense
    • Ruth reviews Rush and The Fifth Estate
    RELATED POSTS:
     

    38 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link, dahling! I was so hoping you'd include the Esquire photoshoot of Richard... "For the love of God....how is it even possible to be this handsome?" I know, isn't it? It's a crime to be THIS good looking!

      As for Hemsworth shirtless in THOR, I really couldn't care less, it's all about LOKI for me. It'd be a dream to see Hiddleston & Armitage together in a movie... http://twitpic.com/dkhta3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! That is one great photoshoot :)

        Loki was awesome in the movie, sadly not shirtless, though :) A movie with both of them in it should definitely happen!

        Delete
      2. Y'know, I don't mind Loki not shirtless. The sexiest part of a man's body is also his brain and his intellect and sense of humor makes Hiddleston so awesome!! Of course there's the voice too :D

        Delete
      3. Yeah but it doesn't hurt when smart, good looking guys are shirtless :P Especially in 3D:P

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the link, Sati! Have a lovely weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hahahahahahahahahahaaahhahah the ending. THE GIFS. Thank you. Brilliant. I'm very excited for Thor honestly, and I'm gonna laugh my ass off watching everyone go bazookas over Hemsworth's tummy. Kat Dennings is so short and still manages to sit on everyone's heads hahah. I'm here fanning myself over Armitage - holy hell, he is handsome. Also Mads looks great (wow, what a surprise), and I just joined Fassy fanclub but dude. Dude. WHY would he do that. Thanks for linking and great post, Sati!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :) Hemsworth looked GOOD :P Dennings is wonderful, she is so much fun in those movies, I'm hoping they will get her to be a part of second Avengers movie somehow.

        Fassy needs to pee in open bushes all over the world for our joy :P

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the link, and for your comment!
      Hopefully your house will be back to normal soon. That's a pity about The Counselor, I remember you were anticipating that film all year :/ Have you seen Gravity yet? I saw it this week, and loved it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It should be normal next week :)

        Yeah I was really hoping they'd rethink the script but they cut out all the wrong scenes and left the biggest crap in :/

        I did, it's my number 1 of the year and I gave it 9,9/10 :)

        Delete
    5. Anything w/ Loki is awesome. That pic of Fassy peeing... damn... though we've seen it before from a different angle in Shame. Don't you remember? :)

      So The Counselor was rubbish. What the hell Ridley?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I remember. Till my last breath I'll remember :P

        I did love Prometheus so I'm not the one that complains about Ridley, though it bothers me how he seems to be releasing half-assed version in theaters and immediately goes 'Director's cut will be better!'. What the fuck do I pay cinema ticket for, then? a preview?

        Delete
    6. I guess I'll have to see The Counsellor just to see how bad it is!

      Thanks for the linkage too :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's mostly boring which is just the worst thing the movie can be :/

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    7. LOL I love your gifs. Thanks for linking me. :) I look forward to your Counselor review. That movie was a let down. Speaking of penis, I saw a lot of articles about John Hamm's penis in the news this week. Must be a theme!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Hamm showed his dick? I need to get on google :P

        Delete
    8. Love the gif set - I gotta spend more time on tumblr!
      Sorry to hear about The Counselor. I heard it got bad reviews but thought it'd be something good enough that would live up to your expectations! :(
      Clooney is one of the easiest guys to talk to in group interviews. He wants to listen to everyone's stories and advice. If he did all the talking, then everyone else was pretty boring - sorry to say.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Tumblr is awesome :)

        It was so boring and uneven :/

        Clooney is God :P

        Delete
    9. I love the gif set! I have yet to watch Thor: The Dark World. That's sad about The Counselor. It had a good trailer (looking like it had potential), and a great cast to boot.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The trailers for Counselor were actually much better than the movie :)

        Delete
    10. Really enjoyed Thor: The Dark World (but I'm biased, Odinson has been my favorite comic hero for since I was 7), just wished their was more Lady Sif.

      When Thor jumps off the balcony and Mjolnir whisks him off into the air at breakneck speed I rejoiced like it was 1992 all over again.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was such a fun movie! I really like Thor, he is my favorite out of all the Avengers.

        Delete
    11. Glad you liked Thor: The Dark World! It was fun to see them explore other realms. I think I have a bit of a guy crush on Hemsworth haha. Portman and him make for a very good looking on-screen couple.

      I'm really happy that Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates are signed on for AHS season four. Both of them (especially Bassett) are killing it this season.

      As for The Counselor, the trailer was definitely better than the film. I'll probably be seeing it again in a week's time to fully make up my mind on it. There's a lot of good things in it, but there are also a lot of terrible things in it haha. It's a very messy film. I liked Diaz a lot more than you, but I hope Angelina Jolie did the right thing by dropping out to do Maleficient (which I'm very excited to see). Besides Jolie (and Charlize), which other actresses do you think could have pulled of Malkina?


      PS - Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love Thor and Jane! They are my favorite couple in Marvel universe. Hemsworth and Portman have such warm and cute chemistry.

        I'm not sure if they are officially signed up. but I hope they'll return!

        Oh yeah, all the trailer for it were more exciting :/ I think it would be difficult for anyone to pull off Malkina given how they shortened her scenes in actual movie. I was hoping they will expand on her character, instead they cut out so many things.

        Delete
    12. PS - I'm still looking forward to the directors cut of The Counselor.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't know if we are going to get one, Prometheus was so successful and there is no news on DC there :/

        Delete
    13. The Counselor is really bad? :( For shame!

      I wished I'd liked Thor: The Dark World more. It was fun, sure, but I LOVED the first Thor film. It was so much fun and it was interesting and it was a good film. Thought the second one was lacking a little bit :( Ah well!

      AHS is mental this season. I'm loving it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is :/

        I loved the first Thor too! I had fun during the second but the first one is still my fav :)

        Delete
    14. Thanks for the link!

      Bummer that The Counselor was disappointing for you. I haven't seen it yet, but it's looking like I should just wait for a DVD rental. What a shame.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah, it's better to catch it on DVD.

        Delete
    15. Thanks so much for linking me! Some funny stuff here. My personal favorite is Man Ray making an appearance on Cinematic Corner!!! YES!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! That's such a hilarious gifset, isn't?:P

        Delete
    16. I love that shot of Mikkelsen's wardrobe. Hilarious. Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can't wait to see that!

        You're welcome!:P

        Delete
    17. I love those roundtable interviews. I'll have to check the new ones out.

      Glad you liked Thor: The Dark World. I haven't seen it yet, but I will soon.

      I'm still not sure how I feel about The Counselor. Maybe a 7/10? :/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thor 2 is so much fun, I think you'll like it!

        I gave it 5/10 and I feel it's too high :/

        Delete