Friday, November 15, 2013

(105) You'll be afraid + links

By Sati. Friday, November 15, 2013
  • Maleficent poster is so ridiculously awesome. The trailer is very enjoyable too. Angelina is chilling and superhot. I really hope it won't suck. I can't have another movie I'm anticipating disappointing me. The Counselor was a pile of poo and 12 Years a Slave was good but not great. Thank God for Gravity, other than that this year is pretty shitty.
  • James Franco said the scene in the gay bar in Shame is homophobic. What's worse is that I see this opinion being expressed by a lot of people. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in my entire life. Also - just how many gay jokes were there in This is the End and during his roast? I laughed at those but seriously, does Franco think he is the right person to talk about stuff like that when he is laughing his ass off whenever someone jokes about him being gay?
  • Season 4 teaser for Game of Thrones will air with the finale of Boardwalk Empire. There is a real danger I'm gonna crap my pants when this happens.
  • Angela Bassett ruled last episode of AHS. And she was in only one scene!
  • Speaking of AHS, Farmiga, Paulson and Sidibe tweet the cutest stuff.
  • I've been watching early seasons of ER. It's such a good show. Nowadays medical dramas are fucking ridiculous - bunch of stupid doctors screwing anything with pulse. ER was actually interesting. And whenever Clooney holds a child my uterus jumps up and down.
  • Speaking of, George has said some stuff about DiCaprio and Crowe that got people pretty mad at him. He shared some stories that don't really show these two in positive light. Once again - it's Clooney. He should talk all the time. I want to see and hear him talk all the time. He is God. And as for 'he is smug' comments....maybe he is, but if you were him, wouldn't you be?
  • In fact if you want to call anyone an asshole - look no further and read what Terrence Howard said.
  • Chris Hemsworth was on Conan few days back. Conan asked him about the height difference between him and Natalie Portman and the kissing scenes:
  • This whole ramp story makes me so sad - how awful for her! But at least Natalie got a kiss out of it And Natalie is 5'3'', I'm 5'1''! 
  • Gustav has been sleeping in my room for several days and obviously he got on my pillow. He even got under covers! Also my mother found his Santa hat. This is madness. He tried to run outside this week - my mom left the door opened and he run downstairs. Thank God there are another door there. She caught him but she spanked him too. He was so mad he didn't bring his toys to her room for 3 days. That was really serious you guys. My theory is that he was trying to get laid. There is this fancy lady Yorkie who wears dresses in our building. Her name is Cindy. I'm seriously like Dowager Countess looking for the best match for him
  • So this happened:
  • And since this happened:
  • That happened too:
  • This is better than Fassbender's penis in the open bush.
  • This is actually not the only thing Hiddleston was famously phooshopped on lately. One of the cinemas in Asia used fan poster for Thor in actual theatre.
  • And next to that we have cover of pirated J. Edgar DVD.
  • I caught up with South Park, Parks and Recreation, The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. All of those are going downhill fast. In fact only Big Bang made me laugh.

  • links:
    • Mettel Ray chooses 5 top TV ships
    • Chris and Keith review Thor: The Dark World
    • Josh shares underrated movie songs
    • Eric and Dan review 12 Years a Slave
    • Alex features brilliant Denis O'Hare in his In Character series
    • BigScreenSmallWords has a review of Don Jon, which I'm seeing next weekend
    • There's a nice discussion on this week's birthday boy Leo DiCaprio over at flixchatter
    • Jack reviews Gravity
    RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link, always appreciated! I really hope Maleficent won't suck as bad as Snow White & the Huntsman, but yeah the promo so far has been great!

      I know, poor Natalie! We're nearly the same height Sati, I'm only 5'2-1/2" ahah I once dated a guy who's 6'4" and I always felt like a dwarf walking next to him, just another reason he's not a keeper.

      Ooooo, I LOVE those awesome Hiddleston meme! I want to see one w/ Thorin or Thranduil, please someone make those!!

      As always, an awesome and entertaining post!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        My best friend is 6'3'', I think, whenever we meet I literally have to wave and jump for him to notice me :P

        As soon as they do one - and I'm sure they will if they haven't already - I'll send you a link :P

        Thank you :P

        Delete
    2. The last South Park episode was actually pretty good though I will admit that this is their worst season so far. Hell, it's not the only thing on TV that disappointing me as WWE is also sucking ass as they're focusing more attention on guys we've seen before like John Cena, Randy Orton, the Big Show, and blah, blah, blah instead of guys I want to see like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Dolph Ziggler. I'm really seriously thinking about starting another blog devoted to pro wrestling (or as you morons call it, sports entertainment) just to say some things about the state of the industry.

      Hiddleston and Cumberbatch... that is like gay heaven. James Franco can suck my ass for all I care though I would pay good money to see Anne Hathaway beat the shit out of him.

      I would totally like to eat cakes and pies w/ Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, and Gabourey Sidibe, they must be fun to be with.

      BTW, did you hear that Jean Dujardin might be single now?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. This new season is awful. GoT parody episode was pretty cool, but they could have done more. There is just too much political commentary on the show right now - they are trying to be clever with the references and their first goal should be making the show funny.

        You should defiantly do that! Blogging is a nice way of getting rid of frustration about things you normally like :P

        Anne beating Franco would be a fantastic sight to see.

        What? Damn, I need to move to France!

        Delete
      2. Hopefully the next part of the South Park episode will be better.
        I'm assuming its a two part episode.

        Delete
      3. I think there is a possibility there won't be a part 2 - their joke on the suffering of GoT fans who wait for what seems to be ages for new season :P

        Delete
    3. I'm kinda tired of James Franco being James Franco. The scene from 'Shame' was about the shame of the main character's addiction. Fassbender's character was an addict. He felt shame with everyone, except his coworker played by Nicole Beharie (of 'Sleepy Hollow'). I really enjoyed this ep of AHS. You called it--the hubby is the witch hunter. Also, I'm obsessed w/ Danny Huston so I loved his guest star spot. And what I can say about Angela Bassett. J'adore. AHS-- more movie stars please!

      I really like Tom Hiddleston. He made that movie for me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Exactly, I don't know why it's considered homophobic at all. I'd imagine for most heterosexual people with sex addiction having gay sex would be a major step further into no boundaries territory for them.

        Delete
    4. If the gay bar scene in Shame is homophobic, then I clearly do not understand the meaning of the word homophobia. What a ludicrous accusation.

      Anyway, thanks so much for the link! So happy to hear that you're such an O'Hare fan.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Same here. I just roll my eyes at comments like that.

        You're welcome, loved your post!

        Delete
    5. I read what George said about Leo and didn't think it was that ~scandalous~; Leo's entourage was bragging about trying to beat Clooney and his team at basketball and Leo's team lost. And I love Clooney, so he can be smug all he wants...but I just thought it was strange thing to bring up in an interview. Like how long ago did this happen and why is he holding onto it? *shrugs*
      E.R. is one of my favorite shows; it starts losing its power around the 5th/6th season.
      Love that Hiddleston set!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he was asked about Dicaprio and that's why he talked about this, I don't think he just say down and started going through random acts of douchery :P

        Delete
    6. Thank you for the link! I like the Tom Hiddleston gifs; it looks hilarous. I haven't seen much of his work outside the Marvel universe, but he is getting a lot of exposure these days. Hopefully that leads to more projects!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I really need to see more of his movies!

        Delete
    7. "And whenever Clooney holds a child my uterus jumps up and down." Yeah, I felt the same minus the child watching Gravity. I never really watched ER consistently, only saw it on TV, but I still remember what you're saying – it was a very good medical drama, and Grey's Anatomy is probably the most ridiculous thing ever. Oh, and Maleficent looks awesome, I hope it will live up.

      I saw the Hiddles gif yesterday and I was just laughing my ass off.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He was such a hero in Gravity wasn't he?:D

        My friend, a die-hard Grey's fan stopped, watching a while ago, apparently it got stupid to the point it wasn't even fun anymore.

        Delete
    8. LOL. I love that gifset at the bottom. When I first saw that Thor poster, I thought someone had just photoshopped it as a joke, I didn't realize someone actually marketed that. A fuck up of that severity is amazing. I really hope the teaser actually shows something from GoT and not just a shadow of a dragon flying over a modern city again.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's gonna be a lot like the teaser last year with characters on dark background and Littlefinger's chaos speech, but I hope it will have some new footage in!

        Delete
    9. Hiddles is like human perfection. Not that he's the hottest man out there, but all his charm and intelligence and general awesomeness is making everyone else look bad.

      I'm 5'2. I'll have to walk on stilts :/

      I think Franco should shut the fuck up sometimes.

      HANNIBAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Haven't watched new AHS yet.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh and his charm definitely makes him hot on its own :)

        New AHS was great, Paulson finally had something to do.

        Delete
    10. As usual, thanks for the link Sati! Is it me, or is Tom Hiddleston the least-known hilarious guy in Hollywood right now. Seriously, someone give him a reality show or something!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Haha, yeah he is very funny :P

        Delete
    11. Hahaha! I love that DVD cover for J Edgar! This post has made me eager for more Hannibal and more Game of Thrones. I know you mention them on a regular basis but I'm getting ever more impatient! Thanks for the link, very kind of you :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's hilarious, isn't it?:D

        I really can't wait for these shows to return. Apart from AHS most shows I watch are crap in autumn :/

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    12. The person who created that manip of the Thor poster must be feeling pretty damn proud that it got picked up as a supposed official one. I know I would! But then, demand some sort of money for its use!

      Hannibal's return can't come soon enough.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, right? It's a nice poster for sure :P

        I just cannot wait!

        Delete
    13. I'm so excited for Maleficent. Jolie is going to kill this, I know it!
      It's so sad how downhill Parks is going. I really hope it picks up soon.

      Speaking of Mads Mikkelsen, I'm going to be watching Charlie Countryman today, and The Hunt on Tuesday. I'm very excited for both, especially Charlie Countryman. I'm a big fan of Evan Rachel Wood.

      Thanks for the link!

      PS - Starting season two of Game of Thrones tomorrow.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really, really hope she will be great in this, I missed her on big screen!
        Parks really sucks now.

        I will see Charlie C. this week, The Hunt is excellent!

        Awesome, hope you'll like it!

        Delete
    14. Thanks for the link!

      I would totally watch that version of J. Edgar. Looks amazing. Also, that Conan bit is great. How tall is Hemsworth anyway?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome :P

        I think Chris is 6'4'' :)

        Delete
    15. Thanks for the link!

      I love the movie magic element of that Thor kissing scene.

      Haha, those Hiddleston gifs are brilliant!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! They actually keep making new Hiddles gifs with that meme, I'm definitely going to add them to RF post in the future!

        Delete