Friday, December 13, 2013

(109) Blue is the Warmest Color. After all, it's the color of Tom Hiddleston's eyes + links

By Sati. Friday, December 13, 2013
  • Yep. And I thought This is the End will actually win at Globes. Dammit. This is one boring Oscar season, by the way. Yes, some nominees are surprising but all in all you can predict the big winners right now. Blanchett is like Hathaway. Except I'm told she actually delivers great work, unlike Hathaway fishing for Oscars in Les Mis. Still hating that movie.
  • Thank God they nominated Idris. I'll have someone to stare at for all those hours. Clooney wasn't nominated but hopefully he'll be there. I need my eye candy close to the stage.
  • Do you guys like the new even more retro blog design and review collages?
  • I saw Step Brothers this week. The film was so-so but damn, Adam Scott and Richard Jenkins were hilarious. Jenkins just killed it in that movie "You know what I've got for Christmas? A crushed soul!". The man needs to be in more comedies. I almost want to see A.C.O.D just for him. Also Kathryn Hahn is so funny.
  • I'm having Hiddles fever
  • Only Lovers Left Alive, from which the glorious gif on the right is from, premieres here on Valentine's Day. This is perfect.
  • I'm gonna use this Step Brothers gif now:
  • Recommend me films with this man. A lot of them. I saw a bit of Deep Blue Sea but after the sex scene I passed out a little so I'm gonna check out the rest of the movie this weekend.
  • Let's feature a gif of Richard Armitage talking about microphone that looks like a lollipop.Armitage is always so adorably confused by pretty much everything around him. He's also so happy. Like a kid on Christmas.
  • I swear the penis-shaped food thing is not intended as the theme of this post.
  • Still with me? OK. 
  • This week I was very jealous of Oprah and Kate Middleton.  They got to meet Idris Elba. Duchess Kate's expression is accurate and appropriate.
  • Look at these adorable idiots:
  • In other news, Madison Montgomery's Surprise, bitch from last week's American Horror Story has become a MASSIVE internet meme
  • Capaldi wins everything, even in meme terms.
  • The new Godzilla trailer is pretty cool. As for Nolan's Interstellar trailer it looks good and Zimmer's trailer music is incredible.
  • I often forget how funny Christian Bale can be:
  • Hopefully Jesus Bale will make an appearance on Globes again.
  • While I still haven't seen American Hustle, I did see Blue is the Warmest Color, which was wonderful. Adele *last name impossible to spell* was fantastic, it's a true shame she wasn't nominated for big awards just because she is not a bigger star. The film is my #2 of the year so far, right after Gravity.

  • links:
    • Brittani and Ruth share their thoughts on Golden Globes nominations
    • Nika reviews Blue is the Warmest Color
    • Vinnieh reviews hugely underrated He Loves me, He Loves me not
    • Chris wonders if Gravity's brilliance is actually depressing for us movie goers
    • Alex chooses 5 best performances from Samuel L. Jackson
    • karamelkinema reviews The Counselor
    • Alex Thomas and Anna review American Hustle
    • m.brown reviews bitchin' Thor: The Dark World
     
    RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. The first gifset is perfect! I really–really like the collages. :D Will be looking towards your review of Blue is the Warmest Color, can't wait to see it too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I should post the review next week :)

        Delete
    2. Poor Benedict Cumberbatch in that gif set - to be honest, there's no much of Evangeline that can be seen besides her feet!
      Oh, The Deep Blue Sea (I'm going to go cry in a corner now).
      Nothing against Cate Blanchett at all but I don't technically see her winning all the awards this year. I see Emma Thompson or Judi Dench. This years' awards is lackluster; it doesn't seem that one performance or movie is gaining ALL the momentum, just a lot of campaign pushes. I feel like we are further along this award season without knowing who the real winners are going to be than last year.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think Blanchett's performance is gonna sweep - people has been praising her to high heavens since the movie was released and that was in summer, so that's pretty tough to beat :)

        Delete
    3. Thanks for the link, as always!

      Jonah Hill is This is the End...there aren't words.
      Look at those high-powered women fawning over your boy. Ridiculous!


      I'm really looking forward to celebrating Bale's birth next week.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Idris is on top of the world now. That's what shaking Oprah's hand means :)

        Delete
    4. I LOVE that you loved BitWC. It's my second favorite film of the year too. Adele was sensational. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It's such an amazing film, I felt like I was on that journey with her.

        Delete
    5. Christian Bale I think should be in comedies. He's naturally funny. Have you seen him singing the "Powerpuff Girls" song?

      I love Step Brothers. It's my favorite Will Ferrell-Adam McKay collaboration so far.

      "Start the fire buddy! Hey, play something from The Stranger!"

      "Sir, we strictly only do 80s Billy Joel"

      "80s Billy Joel doo-wop sucks"

      "HEY LISTEN MOTHERFUCKER!!! WE ONLY DO 80S BILLY JOEL HERE SO TAKE YOUR HOOKER SKANK WIFE AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!"

      Kathryn Hahn is also great in that film. I loved the way she pissed into a man's toilet. I think it's one of the best films of the 2000s.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did, it was hilarious!

        It was really funny, I don't usually like Ferrel and I thought the dog shit licking scene was a bit too far, but the film was very entertaining.

        Delete
    6. I was wondering where those "surprise, bitch" memes were coming from. I saw so many Walking Dead ones. Step Brothers was a movie I thought was okay on the first watch, but then I watched it again and it became one of the funniest things ever. God, I love that movie. "I'm gonna fill up a pillow case with bars of soap and beat the shit out of you." I can't wait to see BITWC. It's next in my queue. Thanks for the link, as always. I'm loving your new designs! It makes my microsoft paint/photobucket skills weep. lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah it's probably the biggest AHS contribution to pop culture, apart from setting all those teen girls on Evan Peters craze :)

        It's so funny, some jokes didn't work for me this time, but it's one of those things I can see rating relatively low and then rewaching it either way many times.

        Thank you! They take some time but it's good fun to make them :)

        Delete
    7. I just saw This is the End last month. I swear I didn't expect it to be funny but guess what? I actually liked it a lot.

      Hoping to see Blue and Adele *last name impossible to spell* real soon. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's awesome! It's such an entertaining film.

        It's great and she was fantastic. I don't envy those who actually have to say her last name out loud :)

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link, Sati!
      You should definitely finish Deep Blue Sea! And watch Hollow Crown of course! or if you just wanna hear that sinful voice download iF Poem app and The Red Necklace audiobook. *happily welcoming a fellow fans of hiddles*

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I think I'll finish it tonight :) Hollow Crown is on my watchlist :) I'm scared of listening to audio books narrated by him. I think that could actually kill me :)

        Delete
    9. Thanks for the link, Sati.

      As always I love your post design, all these gifs are are just amazing :>

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks for the linkage Sati. I've heard so many positive things about Blue is the Warmest Colour.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It's a wonderful film, hope you'll get a chance to see it soon!

        Delete
    11. I still need to see Blue. Also did not see that AHS line becoming a meme

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Internet youth seems to love Emma Roberts's character :)

        Delete
    12. Loving the new design elements. Keep up the good work!

      I'm very excited about Interstellar and Godzilla. McConaughey looks fantastic in that brief clip, and I'll watch anything with Binoche.

      I saw Blue is the Warmest Color yesterday, and Adele was sooo great. I loved Lea's performance too. It's definitely in the running for a spot in my top 10, but there are so many films I loved this year.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        Interstellar looks cool, but I'm a bit worried about the plot. Eco thrillers usually don't work.

        I have so many movies left to see, it's insane.

        Delete
    13. Thanks for the link love! We both can commiserate on Mads' absence from the nom list :(

      Yes I adore the retro blog design and review collages but your design is always spectacular, Sati! I love the holiday theme too!

      Oh Richard is just lovely and so damn gorgeous in all those premieres. Some lucky lads got to see him up close and they all seem to be in agreement that he looks EVEN BETTER in person, if that's even possible. And yeah, he's so courteous and cordial too.

      Don't you love those Guess the Feet video? Wish these media junkets do more of that fun stuff. Funny how Benedict kept answering Richard in most of the questions too, ahah. Poor Evangeline that everyone thought it was a man's feet, ahah.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Thank you, I really love holidays I need to come up with some special posts for that :)

        I'm loving all that Smaug promo interviews, the cast is so dorky and funny.

        Delete
    14. ACOD was pretty underwhelming especially given the comedic talent featuring in it, but everything in that film that revolves around Jenkins was brilliant.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, well I'll see it for him when it's on DVD :)

        Delete
    15. Love that GIF of Hill, he is so hilarious in This is the End, I hope he is as funny in The Wolf of Wall Street.

      Will check out Blue sometime this week, I think Adele *insert long surname here* is actually a chance for a Best Actress nomination, but an unlikely one.

      You have the best GIF's.... hahaha, Benedict is growing on me lately, quite liked him in August + 12 Years.

      Thanks for the linkage, hope you like Hustle!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he is going to be awesome in Wolf :)

        You're welcome, I can't wait to see American Hustle and A: Osage County

        Delete
    16. Any post praising the marvellous Richard Jenkins is a top post in my eyes. ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I adore him, he is such a fantastic actor!

        Delete