Friday, December 20, 2013

(110) Hiddlestorm + links

By Sati. Friday, December 20, 2013
  • This week the first look on Game of Thrones season 4 was released so obviously I'm one happy bunny right now. Even though Sansa's hair is exactly like lady Catelyn's which is breaking my heart...
  • Khalessi Emilia Clarke is going to be new Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot. I was rooting for Brie Larson but I'll definitely check out how it turns out.
  • However thanks to the existence of Tom Hiddleston that teaser is the second best thing I saw this week after THIS
  •  For the love of God:
  • *makes incoherent noises*
  • *passes out*
  • WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN LIKE THAT?!
  • I saw The Deep Blue Sea. It was good but I didn't connect with Rachel Weisz's character. She is hitting that and she's depressed? I don't get women. I am one and I can tell you - we are insane.
  • As I mentioned last week Only Lovers Left Alive premieres here on Valentine's. Quick tumblr search of the gifs from the film revealed that Hiddles is all kinds of naked there. Apparently I'm getting ovary explosions for Valentine's.
  • OK let's stop, otherwise I'll die.
  •  I had pretty shitty job to do at work this week when I was researching the case where a woman ate something that was in her food in restaurant. Researching is usually really fun. It's not fun when you see what else people all over the world found in their food. Mouse in loaf of bread for example. I can't even.
  • That was some unpleasant shit to do so I watched a bunch of movies this week.
  • I saw Rush which was really good and very entertaining. After being bored out of my mind during 86-minute long Frances Ha, which felt at least 3x longer, I appreciate a movie that doesn't bore me. I don't understand why people complain about Hemsworth in this one - I thought he was really good. Bruhl was clearly the stand out, though, he was fantastic - really made me believe like I was watching real person there. Also Hans Zimmer's work in this one is so much above 12 Years of Slave score, yet he keeps getting nominations for the latter.
  • I also saw Trance which was so awesome. Sure, it was ridiculous and crazy and you had to switch off your brain but it was so much fun. The film's score was fantastic and Rosario Dawson was excellent. I should review this one soon.
  • I rewatched Death Becomes Her. It's such a hilarious movie. I cannot believe that Streep was nominated so many times yet she wasn't for this one - she was fantastic. Bruce Willis was also great, so funny. That film has my favorite ending of all time. It's so deliciously morbidly hilarious and clever.
  • Archer is coming back soon. This is the funniest show on TV. I cannot wait for the new season.
  • Apparently not only is Joaquin Phoenix giving interviews in talk shows but he also being considered for the part in Man of Steel 2. What the hell is going on? Is he high? Is he off his meds? Is it Invasions of Body Snatchers kind of a deal?
  • This is one of the many reasons I'm hoping Hannibal won't get cancelled after season 2.
  • And here is some naughty Richard Armitage:
  •  This happened during French premiere of The Wolf of Wall Street:
  • That chick is lucky she didn't come dressed as Oscar.
  • Anyways I finally decorated my lair and made it look all Christmassy. I placed the decorations on windowsill too which is the place Gustav usually naps on. He is mad. In the act of rebellion he sleeps in a weird position on the couch.
  • And finally here is the teaser poster for Hannibal season 2. Even though it doesn't feature Mads Mikkelsen it's pretty badass.

  • links
    RELATED POSTS:

    36 comments:

    1. that hiddles gif!!! *makes incoherrent noises with you too*
      he is the reason why i avoid tumblr these days...

      omg how adorable are those hobbits! I need to watch their interview more~

      Are they even planning to cancel Hannibal?!! That's blasphemous!!!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so cuuuuteee! :)

        He is the reason I raid tumblr these days :P

        The ratings aren't good so hopefully they will increase in season 2

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the Link!
      As for Trance, really glad you liked Rosario Dawson. I thought she was excellent too. Her hypnotherapist Elizabeth is beautifully acted; at first elegant and controlled but her facial twitches suggest that there is a lot more to her – a hidden strength that is not to be messed with.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Dawson is a really impressive actress I always thought she deserves to be in better movies. To answer your question about Counselor DC (blogger marked comments as spam and few got deleted) - I'd definitely watch DC version :)

        Delete
    3. Oooh, interesting to see someone bored by Frances Ha! I got bored towards the end but still quite enjoyed it. Trance was really underrated, I'm glad I caught up on it, it really was fun.

      Thanks for posting that Archer pic, it now has me super excited. Best show. Not only is it hilarious, it's so stylish and cool!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Trance was crazy entertaining, glad I finally watched it.

        I love Archer it's so dirty, funny, clever and fun :)

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the mention. Your name may have popped up a few times already... lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :) Oooh, that's exciting :)

        Delete
    5. You know I love me some Hiddleston. They don't make them like that anymore.

      ReplyDelete
    6. So jealous that you watched Rush. It did not come out in my country, yet. But I still agree that its score is much better than 12 Years a Slave. Hope it get respective recognition.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Rush is really good, hope you'll get to see it soon! With its Globe BP nomination the status of the film was significantly raised.

        Delete
    7. GOT gifs! Can't wait for Joff's wedding hehe. Ahh Clarke as Sarah Connor ... it helps when the Terminator reboot director also directed GOT eps. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I was really hoping for Larson, hopefully Emilia pulls it off.

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link Sati, love the dark humour in Death Becomes Her.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! DBH is such a funny film.

        Delete
    9. So who is this Hiddleston guy anyway? ;)

      I've yet to see a film he's in but his face is everywhere I look. Is he really as good as everyone says?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He's God's gift to people of Earth :)

        He is a wonderful actor, his Loki is such a cool villain in all 3 movies he was in and he was also really good in The Deep Blue Sea and Midnight in Paris.

        Delete
    10. Your place looks nicely lit up :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. The further I get away from Trance, the more I'm liking how crazy it was. All things considered, it should be my favorite movie of all time... you know, because I love art heist movies. Or something.

      The list of reasons your ovaries will explode is getting longer and longer.


      I'm concerned.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was so entertaining. I really wish Dawson would get more love for this film, she was so good in it :)

        Haha, you should be :) I'm probably gonna check out anyways once full trailer for new GoT hits the web.

        Delete
    12. I started watching GoT yesterday and fucking hell, first – it's just as awesome as I thought it would be and second – I'm excited to read your season 4 recaps! Also so glad you liked Trance.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awesome, so glad that you like the show!

        Delete
    13. Your dog may not like the decoration, but when I see the way he is laying on the sofa, he seems to be quite comfortable, after all, it looks so cozy. :)
      By the way, do you think Emilia Clarke is a good actress, because she doesn't only give me a boner from times to times on GoT, but she seems to be quite good at portraying Daenerys.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ( I'm sorry to interrupt, but this comment is awesome)

        Delete
      2. Oh he is always comfortable, he usually sleeps on my pillow :)

        I think Emilia is very good but I think Brie would be better suited for the part of Sarah Connor :P

        Delete
      3. Haha, Emilia has many talents, apparently :P

        Delete
    14. Hiddleston... the real gentleman.

      I bet u wish you were that bride.

      I love Death Becomes Her. Streep is so funny in that film yet the best scene in that film is her fight w/ Goldie Hawn.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Nah, I'm not that into DiCaprio :) I wish I was whoever the girl was getting her hand kissed by Tom :)

        The shovel fight? That was awesome!

        Delete
    15. Thanks heaps for the shout out! I can't wait for Game of Thrones. I'll have an aneurism just thinking about it. Hjgdkhdkgkdj.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Same here, damn I love that show so much.

        Delete
    16. Well I already left a long comment, bummer that it disappeared. Anyway, thanks for the link.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Glad you enjoyed Trance and Rush. I rewatched the former, and it's still one of my favorites of the year. Can't wait for your review!

      I really need to watch Death Becomes Her. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Trance was so good, I didn't have high expectations because of most of the reviews but the film really surprised me.

        It's such a fun movie!

        Delete