Friday, January 10, 2014

(113) Gandalf fucked up aka the mystery of two gay dwarves + links

By Sati. Friday, January 10, 2014
  • Ian McKellen has accidentally outed fellow The Hobbit actors - he said two actors who play dwarves, Luke Evans, Stephen Fry and Lee Pace are gay. This interview seems old, but for some reason it resurfaced now. This is not cool of him. While everyone knows Fry is gay, Pace has been in a closet for years now and he should be able to choose his moment to come out.
  • As for two, so far unidentified, 'gay dwarves' Richard Armitage fanbase is now in the state of havoc and confusion. There are those screaming and crying, as if him (possibly) being gay is the only obstacle to him getting together with one of those chicks (it's as if the only reason I'm not on a date with Hiddles right now is that I'm not in London. Truly, TRULY that's the only one obstacle to me making out with him on the table). 
  • Others are writing fanfictions and doing artwork of Armitage and Pace making out. This is madness.
  • Seriously, nice going, Gandalf. This is like that episode of The Office where Michael accidentally outed Oscar.
  • Well, at least Hiddleston appears to be straight (and not very subtle, which I kinda love), so we'll always have that, ladies.
  • If he's anywhere near the shithole I live in I'm definitely wearing a mini skirt and going to see him, by the way.
  • Meanwhile, on the opposite side of gay dwarves is Idris Elba tweeting about his dick. I'm not making this up. This is not the dream I had. This is literally what happened.
  •  He should not be able to use the words 'dick', 'hard' and 'beast'. This is public safety issue.
  •  And I'm convinced Hiddleston will accidentally kill one of us girls if he won't stop with this whole 'kneel' business.
  • That would be a good way to go, by the way.
  • Anyhow....
  • Did you guys hear The Counselor's Director's Cut version will be available along with theatrical one next month? So I've been waiting for Prometheus DC for over a year now yet this piece of shit gets Director's Cut 4 months after it was released in theatres? This is bullshit.
  • Golden Globes are this Sunday. I already made sure I don't have to come to work on Monday, but start my week of exciting research of legal crap on Tuesday instead. Seriously. People have holidays, I have award season. It's a tradition, dammit.
  • Why is Margot Robbie not among BAFTA rising stars nominees btw? Are they blind or asexual?
  • I'm seeing Wolf on Sunday. My best friend will have some practice before Only Lovers Left Alive. Jean Dujardin is in Wolf so I'm gonna be fanning myself and smiling like and idiot and he will *facepalm* every time I do so. That's another tradition.
  • Thank God for Idris' tweets because Mandela was such a freaking disappointment. This movie bored me so much, not even a scene of shirtless Idris taking a shower could make this up to me. I don't even nominate him, as good as he was. Naomie Harris stole the show for me. I also cried like a bitch so many times. It was all so sappy and sentimental but damn, I'm weak and it totally worked on me.
  • I also want to say something - I was kinda horrified by what Mandela ended up doing to his family. He must have known what his actions could do to the people he loved. Yet he decided to marry and have a family. Yes, in the perfect world people should be able to fight ferociously for their ideals AND have a family. But this is far from the perfect world. Because he decided to have a family his wife spend months in prison, getting beaten and probably raped, and his daughters grew up without parents. The part of the movie with Winnie in prison was probably the most difficult to watch.
  • Have you guys seen those W magazine pictures? Blanchett looks like she is about to hunt and skin dalmatians:
  • I saw August Osage: County. My God, what a mess. It's like very single character in that movie was a caricature. Streep was actually close to being like Dunaway in Mommie Dearest - borderline brilliant, borderline terrible, but very fun to watch.
  • Another one I saw was Dallas Buyers Club. Very impressive performance from Matthew McConaughey. Even though his character was homophobic I still liked him and I laughed whenever he told people to fuck off. I was so glad the film had a lot of humour in it. I don't think Leto deserves Oscar for this, but the film was very good. McConaughey is right after Hanks in my Best Actor line up.
  • I'll post my Best and Worst of 2013 list next week. You may remember last year's one. This one is going to be even bigger. It's also going to be 700th post on the blog.
  • Blue Jasmine was fantastic. Loved it. This gif defines my life:
  • I also saw The Kings of Summer. Can Nick Offerman be in every comedy, please?  You're right, it's a classic kidnapping. They took our children and the canned goods and pasta.
  • Her was beautiful. Not quite as good as the hype indicated but it was certainly something special.
  • I need to become madly in love with Jessica Chastain. Why? Because I don't want to be pathetically bitter about what she will get to do in Crimson Peak. These pictures of her as Brave's Merida certainly help. My God, this is lovely: 
  • The bad news for me this week is that every year a priest from the church in our neighborhood walks around and visits houses. Had I lived alone I'd just say fuck off, I'm one of the people you'd burn 500 years ago but my mother always lets him in. Each year I leave the house in the panic. I'll probably spend like 6h in the cinema or something.
  • Even worse news than the invasion of my home is that the One Shot that Marvel releases on Thor 2 BluRay is not going to be about Loki after all, but about Mandarin. Ah, hell. Loki better be in Avengers 2. If he won't - there will be riots.
  • This week's battle of who is more adorable:
  • Check out this beautiful Gravity - From Script to Screen video, which illustrates one of the many reasons this movie is a masterpiece
  • I've been nominated in several categories in 2nd Annual Katz awards along with some fantastic bloggers. Go ahead and vote!
  • MettelRay reviews enchanting Stoker
  • Alex featues Chris Cooper in his brilliant In Character series
  • Brittani reviews Anchorman 2, which I'll see for Baxter
  • Stevee celebrates Nic Cage's birthday with some of his most ridiculous movies
  • Zoe reviews underrated The Beach
  • Courtney published the defense of The Wolf of Wall Street
  • Nika and KaramelKinema review Dallas Buyers Club
  • Keith reviews All is Lost
  • Ruth shares Five new-to-me actors I’d love to see more of – based on 2013 viewings
  • This is like a dream come true - my favorite blogger m.brown reviews the biggest shit of last year - Only God Forgives. Go read his post now, it's awesome.
  • RELATED POSTS:

    48 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link dearest, very kind of you!

      Oy Mr Gandalf!! I already knew about Luke Evans but Lee Pace too?? Hmmm, I bet the fact that Richard went to his house w/ his family probably already sparked all kinds of rumors about him. Ahah you're right, it's as if any of us ever had a chance to have him anyway, but it's still nice to have even a glimmer of hope :) That gif of Hiddles ogling the journalist is priceless, dayum, what a lucky girl!!

      Oooh you saw The Kings of Summer? I love that one, so true that Nick Offerman is freakin' hilarious. He should be in every comedy and dramedy, what have you, he's always awesome. That wonton scene is hysterical!

      Ahah yeah I feel the same way about August: Osage County but it's certainly a riotous fun. LOVE Benedict's scene, can he sing in every movie please???

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah Lee never officially came out but it's well known in his fanbase that he is gay. Oh God, this is like all over everywhere, that they are a couple and Richard was over for dinner :)

        If I caught him checking out my ass I'd just throw myself at him.

        Wonton scene was awesome. I also loved his abuse of the cop guy :)

        Benedict was fantastic in this one!

        Delete
    2. I've had those chocolates. I like them. I can't blame Hiddles for burping. Jessica Chastain as Merida... word can't describe how perfect that is.

      I'm sure if Idris did go full monty, you'd die.

      I agree w/ you on Ridley's director's cut things. It's fucking bullshit.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Idris has been tweeting a lot lately, I think it's his own idea of Oscar campaign :)

        Delete
    3. Awesome post Sati! Shame to hear about the drama behind the dwarf outing...
      I'm so happy to hear someone else praise the work of Nick Offerman. He was so fucking funny in The King's of Summer. I haven't seen every great movie from 2013 yet, but so far Offerman has given my favourite supporting actor performance :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I love Offerman, his work in Parks and Rec is absolutely outstanding. It's always awesome when he shows up in movies.

        Delete
    4. So many epicness to comment on this film.. but that smaugxsherlock thing just got me laughing so hard! XD
      For some reason i hate those W cover, perhaps because it reminds me of something terry richardson would do and manage to made everything look ugly :(
      Mandela was a disappointment for me two, i think it was generic and fail as a biopic, almost like a mediocre historical dramatization for a lifetime tv or something. I'm so sad. I wished i saw that tweets from Elba about his dick XD *goes to follow him on twitter*
      I really need to stay away from your posts because any hiddles in them made me want to go to tumblr and just live in hiddles' dream world. I worked so hard to get out of this addiction. Haha!
      Ugh i'm with you with the counselor director's cut. but didn't scott himself refuse to do a director's cut anyway? I totally forgot.
      definitely looking forward to your best and worst list of course :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yeah, lifetime tv is a very good way to describe Mandela - it was so sentimental and generic. Idris' tweets are awesome :)

        Hiddles dream world is a wonderful place to be in :)

        I'm not even sure, Scott's way of thinking is something unimaginable to me :)

        Awesome, hope you'll like it! I think I'll publish it on Thursday.

        Delete
    5. Doh Gandalf! Accidentally on purpose?

      The first Hiddles gif makes me giggle.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's so cute how sad he gets when she leaves :)

        Delete
    6. Oh shit, m.brown's review is HILARIOUS. I loved it. Love that Blue Jasmine gif as well. Priceless.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I knew his review of this one will be epic :)

        Delete
    7. Great post, Sati. Congrats on the nominations :) hehe

      ReplyDelete
    8. I'm following you now on Tumblr. Lots of Hiddles! And yes, he was totally checking her out. Lucky girl!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My tumblr really is like creepy work of insane person - it's actually fairly accurate description of it :)

        Delete
    9. HIDDLES IS MORE ADORABLE! HIDDLEEESSSSS!!

      I kind of get what the fangirls are thinking. Not being gay isn't the only obstacle in the way, but it's one obstacle less maybe. I should write a book on fangirl psychology, and in that way I get to put pictures of all the hot men I fangirl over. WIN-WIN!

      Going to watch Her now. Yaays.

      Oh and I'm in a similar boat regarding the religious crap but I have to pretend to be into it so as to not be disowned by my family. Or at least till I get out of this hell hole and am living and earning myself.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. :)

        That would be one popular book :)

        Her was really good but I found it a tad overhyped. And it made me cry so much but that's a good thing when a movie manages to do that.

        Delete
    10. Hmmmm, yeah I think Gandalf as dropped the ball on this one. As an old and much revered gay chap, he probably feels as if he has a right to out people but that's just not on. I mean, those actors shouldn't feel as if they have to hide it but at the same time they shouldn't have to make it public, it's entirely up to them.

      Also, love Jessica Chastain in those pictures and freaking love that final gif. That line of Smaug's was terrible.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Exactly. I feel bad for Pace - it's kinda obvious all those years his PR people told him to be quiet about being gay and now McKellen drops this.

        Most of Smaug was terrible :P

        Delete
    11. Great post sati. Really not cool of McKellan, though.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Yeah, I think he did it accidentally but still, it's pretty bad.

        Delete
    12. Thank you for the link! :) I've never seen that Tom gif at the beginning where he checks out the interviewer. OMG, that's hilarious! I'm glad you're going to see Wolf, I can't wait to hear what you think. I hope you love it as much as I did. The best part about Jean in that film is how plainly obvious it is that he barely understands English. His facial expressions are awesome. I read the DC of The Counselor is nearly an hour longer than the theatrical cut. That must be where they put the plot.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I love that about Jean, it's so cute when he tries to speak English! I remember when he was doing press for The Artist and he was always so confused because he barely understood what was going on :P

        Delete
    13. It's sad that McKellen would go there. Had no idea about Pace. It's hard enough for an actor to get the roles he REALLY deserves (and Pace deserves some better roles) so I hope this doesn't hurt him any.

      LOL, m.brown's review is brilliant. I saw that yesterday. LMAO!!!

      Elba...he's slowly becoming one of those celebrities I absolutely love. He's like the male Charlize Theron at this point...just HILARIOUS and charming as fuck.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he didn't realize what he was doing. He was talking about how awesome it was that so many gay actors are in The Hobbit and he accidentally named the ones who didn't come out. Silly mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

        Elba and Theron should get together :P

        Delete
    14. The gif is my life. It is me. I can't. And the rest of the images this week are hitting all the right buttons as well, oh wow, I can't with the last set - perfect.

      Have you watched Sherlock? I feel like they are focusing on comedy this season rather than on mystery and I don't know how I feel about it.. part of me loves it, and the other one is, get on with the crime!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't even seen whole season 2 yet :( I loved what I saw but I never seem to have time to catch up.

        Delete
    15. Great post Sati, been hearing a lot about August Osage County. Julia Roberts seems to be getting a lot of notice for it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Roberts was really good in it, but I liked Cooper the best.

        Delete
    16. Hiddles, Hiddles, Hiddles. :D
      With any crazy crush that I have on a celebrity, I feel like Rachel on Friends - "Yeah because that's why you weren't get *insert name here* - geography"
      Jessica is Merida - all grown up. It's amazing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha yeah, loved that line from Rachel.

        Hiddles is so dreamy <333

        Delete
    17. Great post! You and I both have a mutual admiration for the Blue Jasmine gifs...Cate's facial expressions in that movie were comparable to Charlize in Young Adult...so, so, so brilliant. I crack up every time I think about her tweaking out about needing to study!

      Thanks for the link...definitely read my 'in defense of' before or after you see the movie :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm actually doing Visual Parallels on BlueJasmine and YA :)

        I'm gonna check it out now!

        Delete
    18. Chastain is very cool and all but why am I even typing this when all I can think about is HIDDLEEES??? Loved m.brown's review of Only God Forgives :D

      Hey, but – you liked The Beach, then?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did, I mean it's not the greatest movie but there's plenty in there to like - DiCaprio was awesome in it, Tilda is always great, the story was interesting, the soundtrack was lovely. There are some weak points in the movie, but overall I think it's very underrated.

        Delete
    19. Jean Dujardin is pretty sexy in The Wolf of Wall Street. Plus, his scenes with Leo are hilarious. Ah, I just love The Wolf of Wall Street too much.

      And Jessica Chastain as Princess Merida is a dream come true. How perfect is that?!

      Thank you for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He's always sexy :) I can't wait to see it!

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    20. TO EVERY FAN OF GAME OF THRONES
      It would be a shame not to share this with you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BvNYdcH0c&list=RDajMzpiyZ4GA

      It is basically a guy that makes a a short cartoon video on each episode that often makes me crack myself from laughter. Oh and, don't smoke weed while you are watching it, you will probably not need it. :)
      Congrats on the nominations Sati, thanks for the article!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, wow these are great I cannot believe I've never seen them before! Thanks for linking those!

        Delete
    21. Not cool, Gandalf, not cool at all! I'm not that into Richard Armitage but it would be a bit devastating if it turned out he is one of those two gay hobbits. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people who are gay but, well, in some cases it would be such a waste!

      About those priests Sati, I totally gat how you feel! I have the same issue each year at my house and I always try to make sure that I'll have an excuse to skip this pathetic visit. This is such a bulls*it (forgive my vocabulary)!

      Jessica looks amazing as Merida! I love those Annie Leibovitz pictures she does for Disney.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It would be a waste for us girls for sure :)

        It really is. I think when they do rounds and expect money so blatantly it's just disgusting. The minute religion starts being about money it's no longer a religion.

        I do too, she is so great in capturing those magical characters. I loved her photos of Keira Knightley as Dorothy in Oz.

        Delete
    22. You know, good or bad, you've had an immense hand in keeping my blog afloat. Seriously. What small readership I have can be attributed to these Friday posts. I can't thank you enough.

      But on the same hand, all my rambling and incoherent nonsense? That's on you, too. Yeah, you've got blood on your hands.

      Anyway...I feel kinda bad for Pace. 9 feet of pure handsomeness should probably get to come out on his terms. But, if ever someone was to share a major secret of mine without my consent, I'm pretty sure it's Magneto. It just feels right.

      Two quick things: Sorry, I'm voting puppies. And, that Blue Jasmine gif is awesome. Oh, and nice work with the Katz's. Katzes. Katzzz. F--k, you know what I mean.

      Thanks again. I'm off to Dickie Bows.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You don't need to thank me, it's a fucking travesty you don't have more readers. I'm gonna be linking your posts as often as I can cause they are awesome.

        Haha yeah Ian seems like a nice dude. I'm sure this wasn't on purpose, however awful what he did is :)

        You have no ovaries, of course you're voting puppies:D

        Delete
    23. Congrats on the Katz nominations! I just voted for you. :)

      Can't wait to get your reaction to Wolf. I missed Mandela in theaters, but I'll catch it on DVD.

      Ha, Meryl was a MESS in August: Osage County. Glad you liked McConaughey in DBC so much by the way. He's actually my current supporting winner for Mud. (My list/ballot should be posted next week too.)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much!

        Yeah, DVD is where that movie belongs :)

        McConaughey is on fire. He was also incredible in Wolf.

        Delete
    24. SATI-- I CAN'T BELIEVE LAWRENCE WON. ARGH!

      ReplyDelete