Friday, January 24, 2014

(115) Bloody shirts, buttered toasts and the missing citizens of Fucksville + links

By Sati. Friday, January 24, 2014
  • Those are from Hannibal season 2 trailer (here). Frustrated, out of breath Mads Mikkelsen in a bloody shirt is everything.
  • Scream Queen Katharine Isabelle has been cast as Margot Verger in season 2. This is so great. I wonder how they will portray her character.
  • The song playing the background of the trailer which is the rendition of Stand by Me is one of the 5 songs playing in the background of this fine site. It's that magical bar at the top. You can pause it if you don't like it. Other songs are Money Chant and  Meth Lab Zoso Sticker from The Wolf of Wall Street, Stealing Motor from Mud and Feral Love from Game of Thrones 4 trailer.
  • Somebody stop Tom Hiddleston
  • No, wait. 
  • Don't.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, Margot Robbie:
  • She will play Jane in new Tarzan movie. Alexander Skarskard is playing Tarzan. If When these two have a sex scene together we will all feel horny. And then really inadequate.
  • While we are on that subject, here's the picture of Alex reading naked on the toilet in the middle of Antarctica, which I've been forgetting to include in this series for 2 weeks now. I don't know what the context is and I do not care.
  • American Horror Story went from being my fav season to something I don't even want to witness anymore. Ryan Murphy is such a shit writer, Jesus, half of his ideas led to nowhere and the other ones' conclusions are seriously awful. 
  • I've been watching True Detective. It's really good and it may keep me occupied for several weeks until Thrones comes back.McConaughey is awesome and I absolutely adore Woody Harrelson. McConaughey's character is so great - he is fucked up but in a very unique way and he is completely unpredictable. I also adore the humour on the show. I love that their boss is played by Kevin Dunn who is super funny on Veep.
  • A lot of people bitch that the show is 'boring'. It's not boring - it's slow paced. You wanna see something boring? Try Top of the Lake. I saw the first two episodes and I was bored out of my mind. And they shoot a dog in one scene. Fuck off.
  • It's actually 15 degrees below zero here so I've been watching a lot of TV shows because I only go outside when I absolutely have to. Gustav is not happy. He celebrated his second birthday last week so he was very joyful because of all the gifts then but now he needs to wear a sweater, a coat and a scarf whenever he goes outside so he is pissed off about the inconvenience:
  • New Game of Thrones on set video (here) revealed whole bunch of amazing stuff including more glimpses of Tyrion's trial, the judges and first look at Mark Gatiss (who I gather is revered in Sherlock fanbase, yes?)
  • New Maleficent trailer is pretty good. The CGI still looks kinda odd but Angelina will make it work, right? God, I hope she can make it work. It was revealed this week that Lana Del Rey will sing a song for the movie, so at least something good will come of this. The song will be released on Sunday, so YEY.
  • I'd comment but this speaks volumes, doesn't it?:
  • But I'm gonna comment on her behaviour during SAG press conference.
  • The bitchy look on her face during the questions, overall 'I'm gracing you with my presence' attitude....no wonder she is O.Russell's muse. They match. The worst part was her looking at poor Amy Adams (who deserves a medal for staying classy) to answer her questions for her. If you don't want to answer the questions why stand in the middle next to the mike?! As for Michael Pena - nobody knows who the fuck you are so maybe you should shut up.
  • Adams and DeNiro have been in this business much longer and they can answer questions, they're polite, they joke around. But not Cooper. No, what he does is leaving everyone and just exiting the room.
  • My God...think of the mayhem happening in Fucksville right now because of them not being there.
  • btw Jeremy Renner putting on smoldering eyes like it's a photoshoot during entire SAG ceremony and this disaster is hysterical. 
  • Look, you don't need to be classy but at least be human. Here, people who are not arrogant monsters, in the same room:
  • And let's take a look at behaviour of 12 Years a Slave ensemble - here is Lupita and Sarah dancing together. This Oscar season should be known (apart from I'll have whatever Emma Thompson is having) as everyone wants a picture with Lupita.
  • I cannot keep up with all the Grace of Monaco news. Yesterday I read it was pulled from March release. Today I'm reading it's gonna open Cannes film festival. Is it good? Is it bad? What the fresh hell is going on? 
  • Sarah Paulson will star in new Todd Haynes' movie opposite Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara. I'm so happy for her.
  • Playlist reports about the new addition to that Agents of Shield TV series. I do not watch it but they got Elena Satine, who is so, so very beautiful to play "Asgardian goddess (and occasional accomplice to Loki) Lorelei". Why the fuck can't they include her in Thor movies and give us and Tom Hiddleston something to enjoy? I want to see Loki get laid. He has been through so much.
  • Some gems related to Golden Globes, Here is Martin Scorsese after the “supermodel vagina” joke:
  • And here is Clooney's response to Amy and Tina:
  • Check out his shirt too, this man is so precious.
  • Staying on the subject of the big stars, Charlize Theron is dating Sean Penn. I have no idea what is going there. Looks? No. Money? She has her own money. Personality? Please. Has Penn sold his soul to the Devil and the Devil said 'go forth and you shall be a dick all your life but you will bang beautiful women who will be inexplicably attracted to you?". I think that's exactly what happened.
  • Speaking of horrible life choices Johnny Depp took his middle life crisis to another level and is now engaged to Amber Heard. Congratulations, Amber. You finally figured out how to catch a break and become just a little bit more famous.
  • This week's battle of who is more adorable - puppies vs Tom Hiddleston's answer to 'what superpower would you like to have?:

  • links:
    • Alex shares his picks for the best performances of this year's Oscar nominees
    • KaramelKinema and Eric review The Wolf of Wall Street
    • Anna reviews Blue Jasmine
    • m.brown reviews one of the best movies from last year - Stoker
    • Check out Jack's awesome Recast-athon
    • Brittani shares her favorite and least favorite movies of 2013
    • Keith reviews the biggest shit of 2013. You know what I mean.
    RELATED POSTS:

    44 comments:

    1. Can I go ahead and just say it? GUSTAV IS DA MAN!!!!!!

      Thanks for the link. I can't believe you didn't fall for THE STARE......

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is :) He has like 10 girlfriends :P

        You're welcome! I'm stare impervious :P

        Delete
    2. I think the Skarsgard thing is because of the True Blood finale, no? True Detective sounds good, I'll have to check that out!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Apparently it's not, it was when he was on a trip, I guess this is something he does a lot ^^

        TD is definitely worth seeing!

        Delete
    3. Margot look so beautiful, I'm jealous. And that Alex picture is very close to that final scene of True Blood where he starts burning? No? I haven't even seen the final, I just saw images and it kind of reminds me of that. Hope he didn't get a cold.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She is so hot - whenever she was on screen in WoWS entire cinema was breathless.

        I don't think he gets a cold, ever, I think he runs naked a lot :)

        Delete
    4. Poor Gustav. Where I live in is like the warmest winter in years!
      The third season of AHS was a bit of a disappointment, but now I have even better abs because episode 10 and 11 are fucking hilarious!
      Clooney is awesome!
      Keep these coming Sati.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Here's it's absolutely freezing :)

        I saw the last two episodes and while still a mess, they were quite enjoyable. I hope the finale is going to be good!

        Delete
    5. I'm liking Margot Robbie and her being Jane to Skarsgard's Tarzan, I'm sold.

      OK, I'm starting not to like J-Law. She's become so full of herself. I hope Scar-Jo does this to her.

      I'm thinking of making a list of the 10 great films that got tampered by Harvey Weinstein in the wake of him trying to control Grace of Monaco. He's a fucking prick.

      Sarah Paulson in a Todd Haynes film... FUCK YEAH!!!!

      How long do you think Depp and Heard will last?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope Lawrence fades away along with that shit franchise of hers.

        That would be a list I'd love to see!

        At least until Amber gets better movie deals, then she probably dumps him when she stops doing shitty movies and has enough of name recognition on her own.

        Delete
    6. Oh my Gustav, he's so adorable! I love the sweater. Seriously, Tom Hiddleston? BLOW ME DOWN? He should be slapped for saying that. Johnny Depp must really be something, because I'm pretty sure Amber Heard was a lesbian before him. Serious question though, if I start watching Hannibal this season, will I be confused since I haven't seen season 1? I really want to watch it for Mads.

      Thanks for the linkage! Oh, and "buttered toasts" totally reminded me of this gif: http://24.media.tumblr.com/bd31642098ac5360a366a4f9754f2113/tumblr_mv6kgePYQE1r00543o1_r1_250.gif

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He says even worse things - 'you're soaking wet!', 'I'm here for you pleasure', etc. I mean it's like he is trying to kill people.

        I don't know what the fuck is Depp thinking, but yeah if there are men who can make women straight I imagine he is one of them.

        Oh yeah, you have to see season 1. It's a pretty meticulously written show.

        Oh God, that gif is hilarious :D

        Delete
    7. I'm confused as to what the difference is between doing press runs for a movie all day and just talking for five minutes at an award show. Like why was everyone except Amy acting like it was beneath them. Maybe she should give lessons in class.
      Sleeping Beauty is kinda falling off my radar. It looks too much like the Disney animated movie only they're gonna show Malificent & Aurora as semi-besties.
      OH, George is so gonna get them. *waits patiently* lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's easier, that's the difference :) but I guess when someone is an arrogant bitch and there are no PR people to cover this fact up, something like this happens.

        Maleficent does look like typical Disney cash grab, I'm mostly interested because of Jolie.

        I hope he does something on Oscars :P

        Delete
    8. HIDDLES! I VOTE FOR HIDDLES!

      I am so excited for Hannibal. Yaays! Loving True Detective. I am curious to see how Top of the Lake is but I'll probably wait a while before I get started on that.

      That ASkars pic is awesome. Man, Tarzan's gonna be one hot fucking movie.

      Re: Depp and Heard- I don't even know. If by any chance she helps in improving his career choices, then I will be happy.

      Re: Theron and Penn- I've always found Penn kinda sexy so I'm okay with it. Of course, Theron and Fassy belong together but until then, this is fine.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Judging from Amber's career choice she can actually make Depp's choices even worse if she helps out :)

        Penn did defecate in rental car and assaulted Madonna with baseball bat so there's that...

        Delete
    9. Dying at that hiddles tweet! GOD! Your weekly friday post become quite lethal for me XD keep it going sati!!

      Margot is so pretty! And seemed like she had all the making to be great! I can't wait to see her future projects!

      That Skarsgard pic is so fitting as a promo pic for Walter Mitty, and i imagined it would make a more interesting film too xD

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you :P

        I hope Margot lands some good roles, it would be a shame if she only got the parts of dumb pretty chicks.

        I haven't seen that movie yet but I bet you are right about that :)

        Delete
    10. Haha! Love Scorsese's reaction that joke and it's fantastic to hear that Paulson is getting more solid work. Todd Haynes is no slouch.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Paulson is amazing I hope she gets to be in A list league soon.

        Delete
    11. I keep wondering what the hell is going on with Jennifer Lawrence? I liked her, year ago she was different person! She seemed slighlty clumsy but sweet and now she's simply ridculous and sometimes even rude. Things she did during Golden Globes (like photobombing Taylor Swift, WTF) and her faced during SAG, she's acting like a spoiled brat. This is going in the wrong direction.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think she is the same person she was, but a year ago she wasn't this overexposed and perhaps PR team worked harder. Now you can see her true colors.

        Delete
    12. I just want to know what that Skarsgard is reading! It looks like a Vintage classic publication (bookshop nerd here). Thanks for the linkage Sati :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. What he's reading is what you are thinking about?:D

        Delete
    13. Trailer for Hannibal season 2 is delicious! Can't wait.

      As for True Detective - am really enjoying it too. Matthew's character is excellent. Just the right balance of weird and out there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank God for those 2 shows, I really can't wait for Thrones. I think I should sue HBO for mental trauma.

        Delete
    14. Haha, that Scorsese gif is hilarious!

      Can't wait to see how Tarzan turns out. Hopefully, Robbie will get even more interesting roles after her Wolf success.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just hope it won't be awful, it sounds like a tricky story to make into semi serious movie.

        Delete
    15. Pissing off Clooney is such a risk. On one hand, you get to say that you "got" Clooney, on the other, you always have to be in fear that he'll nail you back. I LOVED Tina's joke though. Classic.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd love to live in that peculiar fear :P

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    16. Holy shit that Lupita dancing gif is everything. And its good to know Scorsese hasn't lost hsi sense of humor in his old age. Also im still into Coven

      I just watched the SAG segment...and yeah Lawrence did come off a bit arrogant(especially in the beginning when she told Amy to take the fashion question). However, i do think the question about morals was worded poorly so i can kind of understand why the cast reacted to it the way they did.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Scorsese is so funny, he was hilarious on Letterman, he even told a story of how he arranged for Jonah to be punched in the face in the scene for real :P

        Still, if I was a PR person of any of them I'd send them to good manners course. What a bunch of entitled bitches.

        Delete
    17. It still amuses me that Margot Robbie was in Neighbours, dunno why! :)

      Can't wait for Hannibal to start again, looks like Mads is losing his shit a bit more in this series.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's gonna be a flash forward in the opening of season 2 with him running around all hot and bloody :)

        Delete
    18. Hi Sati-- I couldn't agree more on AHS. What happened? Sometimes I think Murphy introduces stuff and forgets about it. He's wasting the brilliant talent he has on that show. He needs someone to reign 'em in.

      Margot Robbie is so beautiful it should be against the law. She's also quite a snappy dresser.

      Eh-- I'm a little worried about the 'Maleficent' trailer. It's looking a little cutesy.

      As for the weird couplings, only in Hollywood. I've always thought of Amber Heard as a scream queen. Johnny Depp must really be having a mid-life crisis.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can't even care anymore. Murphy has absolutely no discipline.

        Amber would be lovely in horror films, good horror films. So far she only has been in shit, at least from what I've seen. That Carpenter flick she did? Oh my Lord, what a wreck.

        Delete
    19. Fun post as always Sati! Ha..ha.. love that Clooney is such a good sport about the Gravity joke.

      Hey, I'm sure you've been listening to it too, but I LOVE that Magnificent trailer w/ the Dream song from Lana del Ray, I'm already addicted to it!

      Btw I just did LCR's Recas-athon and naturally I've got two of our fave Brits Hiddles & Richard on my list ;-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, he is so lovely! i think he appreciates a good joke.

        Love the song, so cool Angie chose Lana herself.

        I'll check it out if I have some time this week.

        Delete
    20. Thanks for the link!
      Literally have no idea what is going on with AHS, its such a hot mess at the moment.
      I love Holly Hunter, but Top of the Lake looks so dull and boring. Think I'm gonna give it a miss, haha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah I saw 2 episodes so far and I have no desire to go on, really dull stuff.

        Delete
    21. Super late to the party, but thanks as always for the link. I always get some love everyday from this site and I appreciate it.

      Fucking with Clooney is truly playing with fire. Hats off to anyone willing to do so.

      This week...yeah...I'm still going with puppies. Those little shits are adorable.

      So...we spoke briefly on Twitter...but, watched The Hunt last night. I actually threw my hands up in the air, as if my actions would change something, more than once.

      What an idiot.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I don't know...I'd love to fuck with Clooney :D

        The Hunt is truly a proof of how shitty human race is. I felt such hatred during this movie, I wanted to punch the wall.

        Delete
    22. Thanks so much for the link!

      You know, the more you write about Hannibal, the more I *really* want to check it out. It might have to be my next series once I finally finish The Sopranos.

      "Meth Lab Zoso Sticker" was so perfect in The Wolf of Wall Street. Love that song.

      I might be in love with Margot Robbie.

      True Detective is another one I want to watch. Is the first season already done?

      Fun post as always!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        It's a very good series, the acting and the production design really make it worth seeing.

        Such a great choice with that song, it was so memorable and it was so well used in the movie!

        Same here. She is so stunning and fun!

        So far 3 episodes aired and there are 5 more :)

        Delete