Friday, January 31, 2014

(116) Let's make the car a place of silent reflection from now on, okay? + links

By Sati. Friday, January 31, 2014
  • Woody Harrelson being freaked out by the things McConaughey says and does in True Detective is my new favorite thing in the whole world.
  • Also let me just say - if you think this show is boring or badly written take your shit taste and get out. One has to be fucked beyond comprehension to think something containing this monologue is 'badly written'. 
  • So last week Alexandra Daddario showed her tits (I'm including a link here for a certain blogger) on the show and now she is number 5 on imdb starometer. To quote Fez from That 70's show that was a marvelous set of kittens. But honestly, really? Is that what it takes?
  • And also - HBO needs to cool it with female nudity, it's a bit much when a station is getting famous because women are naked on their shows. 
  • Or at least they should even it out. It's been 3 episodes and Matthew is not naked. Oh, come on.
  • You know how I know nothing of even perceived relevance is happening in my country? Because stuff I consider news is actual news on TV. Today they talked about Bale's birthday and Dallas Buyers Club premiere in London. When they showed Matt me and my mother formed prayer circle of adoration around TV. 
  • This is beyond adorable:
  • I've also been a very good fan of Matt and Jonah this week - I rewatched The Lincoln Lawyer and Moneyball. First one was kinda depressing - when Matt's character mention something about getting a hundred thousands dollars for a case I almost choked on my dinner. I was born in the wrong country. Or at least I'm practicing law in the wrong place.
  • Something magical happened last Saturday when Jonah Hill was hosting SNL. Leonardo DiCaprio, such a old good sport, showed up and they reenacted the iconic Titanic scene together. Aww, you guys!
  • Jonah's Her spoof as well as the dinner party sketch were hysterical. I legit cried during the latter.
  • At the end of the show when Jonah was saying thank you DiCaprio couldn't find his pocket and it was hilarious. Poor baby wanted to look cool and the pocket escaped him.
  • Martin Scorsese talking about Jonah on Letterman was so funny. I also loved interview with Jonah - Letterman is an awful interviewer but Hill managed to tell his anecdote regardless. His impression of Leonardo's Dicaprio reaction to his plea for help was amazing.
  • I'm all caught up with The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Parks and Recreation.. They were all pleasantly surprising as the last time I watched those they were all struggling and now they are as funny as they ever were.
  •  New Maleficent trailer is actually pretty cool. Epic stuff, Lana Del Rey's song....it may not be awful. The prosthetic cheeks Angelina is wearing are freaking the shit out of me.
  • HBO has set my ovaries on fire today and released first photos from Game of Thrones season 4:
  • Owww Sansa and Tyrion!
  • Have you guys seen this? I'm laughing so much I'm in tears:
  • The more I see and read about X Men Future Past whatever the fuck the title is, it looks like more and more like a disaster. Just look at Evan Peters. And don't you fucking dare ruin Scarlet Witch.
  • I'm actually somewhat disturbed by the footage of Tom Hiddleston's Thor screen test. It's after he put on weight? Jesus, I'd break this guy. It's important to have fear in your personal realm of fantasy.
  • It was actually a very good week for us Hiddleston fangirls. The footage of him in tight Captain America costume was released as well as the video of him behind the scenes in Coriolanus. That put me at ease because he did all those push ups and the chance of me breaking him decreased.
  • Then this Jaguar commercial showed up.
  • I think someone could actually charge him with attempted mass murder:
  • And now I'm envious of a cup of tea.
  • I also think that this is now a matter of international safety that I write a book 'things you are not allowed to say' and send it to Tom. Jesus Christ...this. Who writes shit like this?!
  • It was announced today that there will be Thor 3. I don't give a shit about any other superhero movies unless Loki is in them and there is no way there can be Thor movie without Loki. My reaction to the news is actually very close to what you see on the left.
  • Then this showed up. Oh, God.
  • Only Lovers Left Alive will now be released in the beginning of March not in April. Please stop changing the release date - I cannot take it anymore. It's like my personal hell when I keep checking the date and it's different each time.
  • I know the date of my 2h long trip to sexual heaven. October 16th, 2015.
  • Check out Khaleesi on the cover of Vs magazine. Good God.
  • I got a new job which means less posts and comments from me.
  • I think I got it because I kept going on and on about how much I love criminal law during my interview. Now let me clarify - when I say love in regards to specific branch of the law, it's not actual love, it simply means that it's one single branch of it that does not make me want to kill myself whenever I have to deal with it. And then on the test while I'm sure everyone chose the case to solve about contracts, I chose the other one. I went 'woman stabbing her husband to death?! Yey!' and wrote 3- page long paper on it. So I guess what I'm saying is...be unstable and you get a job? No, no. Finish law school and you'll definitely find a job. You won't have a soul or much private life left, but hey, you'll have cash.
  • This week's battle of who is more adorable:
  • I haven't seen any new movies this week but hopefully I'll see Filth today. I heard it's hilarious. And then I heard it's depressing. So I have no idea what to expect.
  • and finally to wrap this up, I leave you with this cool Black Widow poster for the new Captain America movie.

  • links:
    • Mariah wonders about Wonder Woman movie and the lack of female driven superhero films
    • Listen to new episode of Across the Universe podcast. This time Nikhat, Sofia and Mette chat about the Oscars.
    • Mark, Chris and Jack review The Wolf of Wall Street
    • Brittani shares her thoughts on Klondike and True Detective
    • Stevee and Slate write about the the flaws of American Hustle
    • Alex wrote a great post about seemingly mundane shots in Fincher's films
    • m.brown and Anna review shocking and infuriating The Hunt

    RELATED POSTS:

    45 comments:

    1. Holy shit that stage fall is priceless. And his immediate witty recovery made it even better. Love it. Thanks so much for the link! Really appreciate you reading the post.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's so funny, the way he fell is hysterical :P

        You're welcome, that's one awesome post!

        Delete
    2. Matthew McConaughey.... cool 4 life... That moment w/ Leo and Jonah Hill... so adorable.

      I will admit into not being a fan of Lana del Rey but man... that cover of "Once Upon a Dream" is fucking good.

      Could Tom Hiddleston be any more cooler than he already is.... he's so good looking...

      Emilia Clarke in that mag cover... DAYUM!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That cover made the trailer about 10x better.

        I bet he could :) He keeps coming up with new and exciting ways to ruin lives.

        She is so stunning <333

        Delete
    3. So many funny things in the post. Matty M, that beautiful Jonah Hill/Leo SNL thing, Tom Hiddleston's everything (plus that Jaguar ad was pretty funny) and then Leo taking selfies in Tokyo. Almost too much to handle. I really need to start watching True Detective. And congrats on getting a job! Thank you very much for the link.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you and you're welcome!

        True Detective is fantastic, such an atmospheric and brilliantly written series.

        Delete
    4. I love the last picture! Scorcese's face in priceless! ... And thanks for the True Detective.. um.. link

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi congrats on the new job! I know of some attys who are still looking, so it's great that you have a job lined up! And thanks for the shout out! I agree w/ you 100% about HBO and the female nudity. I don't have a problem with nudity if it makes sense in the storyline or it's artistic, etc. My problem w/ HBO is that they do it just for the sake of doing it. In fact, one of their crummy executives admitted as such.

      When Neil Marshall guest directed an episode of GoTs, an HBO executive all but demanded that he do a full frontal for no apparent reason. Come on HBO, writing first, nudity second.
      http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/game-of-thrones-nudity-nude-scenes.html

      Then there was the SNL skit comparing HBO execs to 13 year old boys. Not far from the truth. http://gawker.com/5902076/snl-explains-the-nudity-in-game-of-thrones

      X-Men Days of Future Past looks worse and worse the more I see of it. Hiddles so skinny! No. Yes to GoTs. Can't wait. Idk that little boston terrier (I think it's a boston) is mighty cute.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        Yeah I heard about that GoT producer insisting on nudity, for me it's especially annoying because it's the actresses that are naked and how do they balance it out? With Hodor's dick. Are they kidding? Poor Emilia Clarke is naked and thy can't convince the main actors to do it too?

        Either all or none, what's going on now it's really borderline sexist.

        Delete
      2. Well, for every loser there is a winner, although unfair it is at least not unfair to everyone.
        Thanks for all the stuff you put in here. The way that guy fell and the public's voice? Well played.

        Delete
      3. Yes, they've really run poor Emilia through the ringer. I read that she finally said enough of that. She now has enough power on the show now to say "no" to things. She's the mother of dragons after all.

        Delete
      4. Yeah, she is one of the most popular from the actors, if not the most now with the Sarah Connor gig :P

        Delete
    6. That scene in True Detective was really awesome. Overall it's a good show, but the plot somehow develops very slowly, which drives me crazy.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is slow burning but I think it's leading towards a big payoff. It's a challenging watch which I love, people dismissing the show are really missing out.

        Delete
    7. Okay. I'm going to assume that link was for me, but I didn't click it. Only because I sent a similar link to everyone I've ever met. I'm not kidding. Her breasts, assuming that's what we are talking about, are astounding. It's like seeing a double rainbow while riding a unicorn. My brother, after calming me down, said they were 'okay'. He's dead to me.

      Oh and thanks for the link. Well... both of them.

      And, in a shocking turn of events... I'm going Hiddleston this week.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh my God I'm laughing so hard :D They are really amazing, first I was like 'why are there so many threads about some chick's tits on the board?" but then I saw the episode and now I understand :P

        Oh wow, really? Poor dog! :P

        Delete
    8. Great stuff Sati. Can't wait to see me some True Detective. It looks great. Is there anything McConaughey can't turn his hand to these days?

      Thanks for the linkage also. Much appreciated :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He has been doing so much lately and it's all worth seeing :) I mean he can sell any character these days.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    9. Congrat on your new job, and good luck with that! Sam Worthington saved it with that one-liner :) Scarlett Johansson is hot in that Black Widow poster.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! ScarJo is having a great year.

        Delete
    10. Donna is becoming one of my favourite parks characters, she's absolutely hilarious.
      I'm not a big fan of Lana Del Ray, but I adore her covers of Blue Velvet and Once Upon a Dream, the latter goes perfectly with the new trailer giving it an eerie feeling, which is great!
      I was a big fan of Filth, hope you like it. It's McAvoy's best performance in my opinion. Atonement is a close second.

      Thanks for the link! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Donna is the best!

        Filth was awesome, McAvoy was unreal!

        Delete
    11. Thanks for the link! I've never been so interested in a jaguar before... Loved Scorsese talking about Pesci's broken rib hahah

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Scorsese interview was hilarious:P

        Delete
    12. There are people who think True Detective is poorly written? What!? That show has been nothing but interesting! Thank you for the link, and good luck at your new job!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep. Actual 'critics' I unfollowed one twit during discussion in which he said the show is boring and poorly written.

        This Earth needs new plague.

        Delete
    13. I vote for Hiddles.

      True Detective is fantabulous. I love it soo. I also really like the recent Parks and Rec episodes.

      Man, the Thor screentest is scary. I found the Captain America thing hilarious. So glad Hiddles found Loki.

      That Jaguar ad is awesome though more than the tea, it's the part at the end with all of the cheekbones that kills me.

      Elle lady is a Hiddlestoner.

      Filth was so weird and surprisingly depressing. It could have been a better film.

      Thank you for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Parks and Rec was so good lately. Can't wait for Ron's baby to be born :P

        I don't know what he was thinking with that Thor screen test:P

        I kinda knew what I was in for when opening credits showed up and I saw who wrote the novel the movie was based on. It was actually pretty tame comparing to what I can only imagine is in the novel,

        Delete
    14. Hehe, Only Lovers Alive premiers at the end of February here... I don't really care much about car brands but I'll definitely buy a Jaguar now.
      Thanks for the link!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        God, I hope that movie is good :)

        Delete
    15. Ahhh so excited for GoT Season 4! Emilia Clarke looks AMAZING

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She's so pretty! <3 I hope they will invent some cool stuff for Dany to do because her book story is so meh in book 5.

        Delete
    16. Man I can't wait 'til True Detective is on Netflix Streaming, that looks like an amazing show! And yeah, it's definitely a very good week for us Hiddleston fangirls. LOVE LOVE that Jaguar commercial. Have a nice weekend Sati!

      P.S. If I link to your post do you get a ping from WordPress? Just curious as I linked to a couple of non-WP blogs yesterday (one of 'em is yours), or do I have to actually let that person know manually?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is, I think you'll be fine watching that, there isn't much gore, at least till now, just McConaughey being all creepy and Harrelson acting confused, plus some dead hookers :P

        Oh I didn't get anything but I don't think this works here, anything from Wordpress won't appear on Blogger.

        Delete
    17. Loved that Matthew McConaughey moment! I've had The Lincoln Lawyer on my watchlist forever - I may actually check it out this weekend. I can't believe I'm missing True Detective - it looks amazing (don't have HBO)
      Congrats on your new job, but sorry it's gonna take away from your blog time. :(
      Hill was amazing hosting SNL. I was stunned to see that people actually criticized Leos' acting for his one little appearance. I thought it was hysterical!
      What. Is. Hiddleston. He is just not of this planet.
      Always love to see Marty and Leo together. They work so well but in those small moments, you can see the differences of their generations.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Leo was awesome as was Hill, really cool that Leo took time to do this for his buddy:)

        He's not, he is a godsend :P

        Haha yeah, Marty just doesn't care for his joyful time with iphone :D

        Delete
    18. Oh man, I have to catch up with True Detective soon but so much to do, so little time. And it's nice to see your Hiddles love to continue on strong, man that man is a dream. Nice, gentlemen, British and probably a real animal in the bed, I can feel it, he has that something something in his eyes that tells me he'd me a great lover. Can't wait to see him and Tilda !!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't know, he seems a bit too refined for some...animalistic fun, but who knows, he swore a lot in that Elle interview :P

        Delete
    19. GoT... I've been stuck in the middle of S2 for two weeks and I've lost all my motivation to watch it because I've been getting into movies once again. I'm honestly surprised at how good they can be... :D Congrats on the job!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. For me very few movies come close to GoT :P Thank you!

        Delete
    20. Congrats on the new job! :)

      The WOWS campaign has been great, but I don't think they'll have much to show for it, unfortunately.

      Haha, that Worthington clip is too funny.

      By the way, I love the Blind Spot addition to the sidebar!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I figured if it's on the sidebar it will be tougher for me to ignore it and I may actually see those movies at last :)

        Delete
    21. Many congratulations on the new job! You'll have plenty of people stopping by no matter when you post :)

      I've only just heard of True Detective but with both Woody and Matthew, I'm on board with that!

      Thanks for link as always, much appreciated :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        You should check out True Detective, it's really excellent!

        Delete