Friday, February 28, 2014

(120) HBO, I love you so + links

By Sati. Friday, February 28, 2014
  • SON OF A BITCH!
  • Seriously, if you want something bad enough, it will happen. I just want to thank HBO for finally 1. including Rust Cohle sex scene 2. it happening on the kitchen table 3. showing McConaughey's ass. HBO you may be showing the biggest trash (Girls) on your station but you also give me Thrones and now you gave me this. Good God, that man has moves...
  • I'm trying to say - I love you, HBO.
  • What am I going to do in two weeks when this ends and there is still 3 weeks left to Thrones?!
  • Also - Maggie, what a bitch! She took an advantage of Rust and took his only friend - well at least the closest thing to a friend he had - away from him. She preyed on the fact he lost his family and was attracted to her since he was seeing her as wife and mother. He did nothing wrong and she just used him. 
  • You know, there are very few instances in which I'd judge a woman for wanting to bang this guy HARD, but this is one of those instances. She is the worst. I hope someone stabs her in the face in the last few episodes.
  • Anyways...
  • He is one of us, you guys:
  • And Matthew is among many who will present something at the Oscars. The Oscars will probably end around 6.30 am here. Priorities. Of course I'm watching it, rooting for him and then drinking 10 cups of coffee to stay awake all day. 
  • You know, it was easier doing that when I was in my teenage years. I'm so goddamn old.
  • So I finally learned how to make those cool distorted gifs people keep making. I made a gifset of my most anticipated scenes in season 4 of GoT - there is one that didn't use the actual footage, since we don't have it for that scene so I manipulated season 1 moment, which means this contains spoilers. Here's a small preview of how fucking gifted I am:
  •  HBO released some gorgeous character posters this week - they are much better than those blue tinted posters from last year:
  • The last one is for new Daario. I still wouldn't hit that, but that's a step up from the last guy who played him.
  • That thing in the middle is the main poster which is just fucking awful. An image of semi-liquid shit floating in the toilet would be more relevant (you book readers know what I'm talking about) than this which is apparently a raven...made out of blades. What the fuck are these people on when they decide to release something like this as the main poster?
  • I have very few complains about the show, however those that I do have are big - one of them is how they are treating Stannis. He doesn't even get a poster?! The war of five kings - he is one of the kings. The major houses - he is the most important Baratheon. And he doesn't get a poster? The show runners repeatedly said they don't understand the character, but Stannis has a huge fan following. Not even giving him a poster is such a slap across the face. Not to mention the show is totally clipping the wings of hugely talented Stephen Dillane.
  • It's funny because it's true.
  • Why is Heroes returning? I thought that thing was long dead in a ditch?
  • I've been rewatching 30 Rock. McConaughey and comedy shows are the only things keeping me sane. No, that's not the right word. Alive.
  •  Say what you want about Alec Baldwin but he is fucking hilarious in that show. I decided to incorporate some of Jack's teachings into my code so far made mostly out of Swanson wisdom.
  • Scarlett Johansson keeps being called a great beauty and that's just...well, a stretch. I think she is sexy and has an amazing body but a beauty? Her photo without make up showed up on my dashboard and I just can't help but think that without that hot body and sexy voice she really wouldn't be chosen as most desirable female or whatever polls she keeps winning.  Take a look at Emilia Clarke without make up. She looks practically the same as she always does. If she was wearing a dress and she wasn't crying I'd think she is at award ceremony. Seriously, so pretty:
  • If anything ladies, apparently we all can be gorgeous with the right cosmetics. Well, not Lena Dunham. But then again to call her a lady would be....madness.
  • Oh yeah, she's gonna host SNL. They really dove into dumpster this time.
  • Meanwhile almost equally gross Adam Driver is gonna be in Star Wars. Well that a definite no on that movie from me.
  • Alex shares his favorite roles of Matthew pre-McConaisance
  • For m.brown's blogathon, Brittani shares 4 hilarious cry faces
  • Meanwhile, Fisti's picks are so damn honest they put this post and the whole Rambling Friday series to shame
  • Josh shares his Oscar predictions and I'm really hoping he is right
  • Meanwhile, Caitlin shares her favorite Oscar speeches
  • m.brown wrote awesome and insightful review of Don Jon
  • Nikhat shares her favorite things in 2013 movies
  • The NYC Film Chick took part in Film Society Talks event where Matthew McConaughey was a guest. She breathed the same air he did. Good God, I'd just chain myself to a wall there.
  • Elina celebrates her blog's first birthday!
  • RELATED POSTS:

    44 comments:

    1. OMG I love that Mean Girls gif! So true, poor Stannis. I would say that maybe they're saving him for the surprise, but if they can't do that with Theon I doubt they'd do it with him.

      I actually liked the raven poster! Maybe The Walking Dead has brought my expectations down too low.

      I'm going to get so drunk during the Oscars, lol. Thank you for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Nah, they just don't like him :/ I understand they have the right to favor some characters and not like the others but they are really being mean when it comes to Stannis.

        I like the idea but the execution is just so lazy :/

        I think I'll do the same :)

        Delete
    2. God bless cable TV, that's all I can say.

      ReplyDelete
    3. That skating dog is adorable.

      I really wish they would get rid of Girls. With the exception of Shoshanna, I could care less about those bitches. Especially Lena Dunham. She's gross.

      Heroes is coming back... as a mini-series... who cares!

      I don't think Scarlett looks that bad w/o makeup though Emilia is much prettier w/o the makeup.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Shoshanna is the only normal one on that show.

        I just don't know why they keep reviving that show.

        She doesn't look bad, but it's kinda clear she needs lot of it :)

        Delete
    4. LOL, Godzilla! Love it.

      And I'm totally one of those who find ScarJo an undeniable beauty, but I get what you're saying...sort of :-P

      Stop making me like McConaughey!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm loving all those Godzilla/BrBa memes :)

        I think almost anyone can be beautiful with right make up/lightning but there are few girls out there like Emilia who need nothing to achieve that.

        NEVER! :P

        Delete
    5. Are we talking about JChas here or Hiddles? They're both cuter than that ugly rat though.

      Yeah bless HBO! I don't really mind what Maggie did. I hate Marty more than I like Cohle. It's unfortunate she used Cohle to get back at him but meh. It's almost admirable in the way she managed to play him. I know it was super bitchy but not everyone can fool Cohle.

      I still think Scarlett's super pretty. She apparently did that Zoo movie with Matt Damon without any make-up on.

      New Daario is a billion times better than that ugly pretty boy they had last season. I'm warming up to Jaime and the Viper guy. Jorah still has my heart though.

      I want to see who else they cast in Star Wars first. I do love Adam Driver but I think it's going to be a hot mess eitherways.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Either, really but mostly it's about Hiddles :)

        I don't mind her cheating on her lousy husband but using Cohle was seriously the equivalent of hunting and going after wounded animal on purpose. It was beyond cruel.

        Yeah I saw hat gifset but I don't believe that, she must have had at least some make up + lightening can do wonders.

        You're gonna love this season :P

        Delete
    6. Margaret, I think you know how much I love Matthew - and how much it is killing me not to have seen True Detective yet. Spring Break is here, so that's what I'll be doing. I think you also know that he needs to win on Sunday just so we can hear him talk, and I swear on all that is holy, if they cut him off.....
      Gotta love that Jessica Chastain somehow knows that Tom Hiddleston is the man, the myth, the internet legend.
      Photoshoots just reminded me how much effort publishing puts into completely perfecting how someone looks - that's why I love Shailene Woodley, who doesn't wear make-up at award shows. There's no superficiality or warped glamourized image surrounding her.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're gonna love the show when you have a chance to see it, it's seriously his best performance! I don't think they cut off those important wins but if they do I'm sending them Gustav's poop.

        I wonder how many hours it takes to photoshop Jennifer Lawrence...:)

        Delete
    7. LMAO. love that last image!! Lots of good stuff but didn't read it all since I still have to watch True Detective (don't want anything remotely spoiler-ish).

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. True Detective is awesome, hope you'll get a chance to see it soon!

        Delete
    8. "pre-McConaisance".. yes!! That is awesome. I haven't heard that before. Made me laugh out loud.

      And yeah, how 'bout that True Detective scene? Whoa.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm actually working on entire breakdown of McCoinasance :P

        I'm just so happy it's Rust who had such scene for once, Marty screwed like 3 different chicks and we had to witness all of that.

        Delete
    9. I'm saving True Detective episodes for a marathon with junk food and screaming.. I got 2 episodes already and I'm probably gonna add a third one, so having this gifset to torture me isn't good right now.
      Game of Thrones book reading hasn't gone well since I literally have been doing everything to avoid studying to a point where I should probably study instead of breathing now.. Oh, me...

      I actually find Adam Driver quite alright.. I think he is dorky and a bit weird but sometimes his character in Girls just gets things so right and well, next to Dunham he looks like an underwear model so.. I'm quite interested to see him in a villain role.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just can't look at Driver ever since I saw their disgusting sex scenes. So I definitely can't see a movie with this face on big screen.

        Delete
    10. You've got me worried about Shae!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Don't worry....or maybe you should? No, no. I'm just teasing :)

        Delete
    11. Great post Sati. Still lovin' all this McConaughey love. Can't get enough of that guy these days. I've yet to start True Detective, though: I'm sure I have some treats awaiting me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Oh if/when he wins on Sunday he is gonna be all over this blog on every post next week.

        Delete
    12. Excellent post Sati, McConaughey is really on a winning streak at the minute.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I really hope he wins tomorrow.

        Delete
    13. Thank you so much for the link! This was a great post, True Detective is so amazing and I cannot wait for GoT to come back either

      ReplyDelete
    14. Sati-- Great rambler today. Yes to more Stephen Dillane on 'GoTs.' He's so underused on that show and he should totally have a poster. I loved loved him in 'John Adams' and 'Firelight.' I had a small crush for a while.

      Heroes had it's shot. Why is it getting another? I saw that on twitter and I was like, the show started well, but there was a reason it was cancelled.

      Scarlett is pretty, Emilia is beautiful. Scarlett looks like a girl I see at the mall. I'm not knocking her, but Emilia is classically beautiful and a heck of an actress. GoT's lucked out with her.

      This week I think Hiddles crying over 'Crimson Peak' is more adorable.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is such a great actor and one with the more impressive careers in ensemble. They are seriously underusing him and it's hurting the show. I'm actually worried about STANNIS STANNIS! scene this season, who knows how they will handle it? I hope they won't ruin it.

        Emilia truly is stunning. I mean she looks lovely on the show, but her natural hair color suits her so well and she looks even better this way.

        Delete
    15. For me,considering how bad of a husband Marty has been i can't totally blame her for lashing out. Not saying it was a good thing for her to do,but i understand where it came from.

      And for me because of how heroes ended i do think there is potential for its return to be awesome. That is dependent on them continuing from that point tho,and im not even sure if this is going to be a sequel or a reboot(or something else entirely)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have no problem with her cheating on a cheating bastard but using Rust who was completely innocent in all of this is downright evil.

        Delete
    16. When I watched that True Detective scene, I knew you'd be happy for seeing McConaughey as I was. And I couldn't agree more with your points on Maggie, terrible move by her. I suspected from the beginning that she had something to do with the Marty-Rust split, but the way she did it... that was very low.

      From what interview are those gifs of Matthew talking about the show?

      I wanna watch the Oscars too, and same here, I'd have to stay up all night 'cause I live in Spain. I hope I can find some link to watch them and be there rooting for Matthew.

      The thing with Stannis is pretty weird, yes. And I agree, those posters are so much better than the other, but the main one is terrible.

      Scarlett, I like her and I thought she was very beautiful years back - there was another pic of her during a shoot - but here she truly looks weird and awful, poor thing. Emilia is gorgeous, no doubt about that.

      Oh and the Chastain gif talking about Hiddleston crying, cutest thing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I had no idea she was this cruel. She knew that Rust was a good guy and she just used him. I think she may be the coldest character on this show, what she did was disgusting.

        I think it's from Queen Latifah show.

        You should check out imdb movie boards before the ceremony, they usually have links posted there :)

        It's amazing to me how each year the main poster for Thrones is worse and worse. The fanart for this show is so much better than the actual official promo material.

        Delete
    17. ...haha...haven't we seen enough of McConaughey's ass lately...or is that actually not possible! :)

      Glad to hear you're staying up for the Oscars...there's no way I can manage it and do a day at work on Monday as well...even with ten cups of coffee (and a Costa at lunchtime)... I'll be catching up with it Monday evening.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's not possible! :)

        I keep staying awake all night for Game of Thrones too, but it's harder to do with each year that I'm older :)

        Delete
      2. Sadly I know exactly what you mean by "older" comment... I had a preference for staying up until the early hours watching back-to-back movies as a teenager...now I'm cranky, tired and very, very sleepy by midnight..! Of course, it helped that I got up mid-morning during my uni days...not a luxury I have today...

        ...I'm looking forward to watching the Oscars and will try to watch as much as possible on Sunday night/Monday morning...but I won't make it through the whole show.

        Delete
      3. The whole show wasn't that great, it's probably best to check best of articles and watch the bits on youtube :)

        Delete
    18. Fun rambling as always Sati! :D All the love you're showing for McConaughey is contagious, I've started to like him more and more since I saw him in MUD. Can't wait for True Detective to hit Netflix or Amazon on Demand!

      Those are great GOT character posters but yeah, the main one itself is pretty bad.

      Oh man, Chastain & Hiddles would be soooo awesome!! Can't wait for Crimson Peak! Oh and I absolutely agree Emilia Clarke is such a sublime beauty.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's probably not going to be on Netflix, HBO doesn't show their series there, they have HBO GO for that:)

        Delete
    19. I don't stay up and watch the oscars any more(I used to). I usually record the ceremony, and avoid looking at media during Monday, for fear of spoilers :) Will you be doing oscar predictions post ? By the way,cool tracks you have on that music player, thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Predictions? No, I really don't care about most of this I just want to see McConaughey win. I'm gonna be live tweeting and recaping the ceremony.

        Delete
    20. Thanks for the link! Go Gravity!! :)

      Alec Baldwin is brilliant as Jack Donaghy. I love that show!

      Emilia is gorgeous without makeup. Gah, I really need to get back to Game of Thrones.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You really do, the new season will be the best one!

        Delete
    21. Digging your new GIFs, nice job!

      I finally got HBO back so I plan on starting True Detective ASAP.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awesome, hope you'll like the show!

        Delete