Friday, March 21, 2014

(123) Of weddings, writers and witches + links

By Sati. Friday, March 21, 2014
  • Holy shit!
  • I can't with all the feels. This is just such an amazing trailer. And Oberyn and Ellaria! SPOILER Pedro is already getting so many fans. Oh, you poor clueless bastards... END OF SPOILER
  •  You guys thought the Tyrells were challenging the Lannisters? Here come the Martells and the epic game of sass. 
  • What the hell is Ellaria wearing, though? She looks like an escapee from Phantom Menace.
  • I'm 90% sure Pedro is with Lena but I keep seeing all those photos of him with Sarah Paulson. I thought Sarah was a lesbian. But then again so was Amber Heard and she is marrying Johnny Depp. Celebrity gossip makes me confused.
  • And here we have lovely pictures of Jack Gleeson and Natalie Dormer from the new issue of EW:
  • I'm never getting married but If I were I'd wear something like Margaery's wedding dress:
  • This is my favorite Thrones costume. So clever - the delicate flowers - roses of Tyrell sigil - and the spikes imitating the thorns - because you don't fuck with the Tyrells. Amazing work.
  • So George R. R. Martin has become delusional.
  • He actually thinks the show runners will use book 4 and 5 for at least 3 seasons. They are already using the books - Daenerys's storyline this season will have some events from book 5 and it looks like Brienne's storyline is gonna take from book 4. Then there is Bran who had only one more chapter in book 3 given what was in season 3. I know there is communication between Martin and HBO, so just what the hell is he thinking? He has no time left. 
  • I mean the showrunners talked to him before the premiere and after the premiere he said this shit. What is he on?!
  • The whole premiere event was just awful to sit through. Steve Nevlin from True Blood was hosting this and he tanked worse than Aisha Tyler during Critics Choice. The questions sucked and the one chosen for Dinklage ('you SEEM to be BORN to play Tyrion...') was so offensive. I mean he looked so uncomfortable and he is such a sweet and polite guy. Out of all the interviews only Emilia did very well, talking about her three dragon children - she is always so sweet during interviews and genuinely excited. Also - she cut her hair a little bit! It must be for Terminator movie.
  •  Finn Jones was on fire. He looked like he did speed but at least his ideas about unicorns were funny.
  • There were two new TV spots released today - I screencaped all the new footage here.
  • I'm so happy I did all of my studying in advance. After 9 months of nothing, HBO is dropping stuff on us like motherfucker and I'm like a bloodhound hunting it all down. I may give up on sleep soon. Seriously, any fansites looking for bloodshot eyed mad woman to look for information? HBO, how about you? Finding out what secrets fans know? E-mail me. Trailer or a spot drops, within an hour I have screencaps up. Cast member says something secretive? BAM! Tweeted. Have you guys seen my twitter lately? It's like secrets about upcoming season galore.
  •  Word is that Clooney is into lawyers nowadays. *waves around*. George please come by and save me.
  • He looks so sad....having to wear clothes...
  •  Apparently Matt's wedding wows involved him swearing to wear a shirt. If this is by his wife's request she is mad. You do not put clothes on THAT.
  • Here are 6 Hardy Boys book covers with Rust and Marty.
  • Meet Shailene Woodley or JLaw 2.0 (or rather she is to Lawrence what Amber Heard is to ScarJo). Her movie flopped hard, so now she is giving out her opinions hoping to appear in the news. When you are in an adaptation of young adult novel don't act like yours is awesome and others are bad - your franchise's fanbase likely covers those adaptations too. And hey, at least people went to see Twilight.  
  • She also said this - "Another thing I like to do is give my vagina a little vitamin D". Christ, what kind of a world do we live in where people like her and Lawrence are presented as the right role models for women? Shut up about spreading your legs so that the sunlight can get to your vagina, stop quoting your herbalist and go to college.
  • While I'm on the subject of wrong...
  • This is the design for Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2:
  • You can't just give someone a red jacket and call them Scarlet Witch. By this logic I can just grab Gustav, put his red sweater on him and go 'dude, you can hex me now!'. I'm sure Elizabeth Olsen, young actress I actually like because she is 1. talented 2. focused on her work and not on generating ridiculous public persona of herself, will be fantastic in the role but that outfit is a disgrace. Not a red dress? Not even a red coat? This would look so much more badass if they just lost the jacket and made that shirt and skirt red. 
  • HOWEVER she looks really cool in the leaked photo from Captain America - Winter Soldier mid-credits. I hope she is really crazy and the hexes aren't pink. She is the only reason I'm super psyched for Avengers 2.
  • New trailer for Maleficent is out - Angelina has wings which actually looks quite amazing. I'm just not sure why the wings are angelic, if she is a witch and has more to do with dragons? I get that the movie is making her to be an angel of vengeance, but still, dragon wings would be cooler. In the trailer it's her raven that turns into dragon which met considerate amount of whining on the Internet. I think the raven turning into a dragon makes more sense. Who the hell would like to turn into a dragon if they were horned, winged Angelina Jolie?
  • Also I got chills during her delivery of  Before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday she will fall into a sleep like death! - just outstanding
  •  Lena Dunham is - ready for it? - NAUSEATED by Woody Allen. This is all about the hearsay (or is it actual slander since the investigation was concluded? Yeah, it's slander) about him molesting Dylan Farrow.  Dunham saying she is nauseated by someone is just too good. After I saw the first season of Girls my sex drive died for 2 weeks.
  • I'm so sick and tired of reading the claims that Shame is homophobic. WHAT. THE FUCK. Brandon is straight. By this point his addiction reaches peek. And for a straight person this is this peek. McQueen portrays it as hell not because it's gay sex but because Brandon's addiction has reached new heights. I swear people just look for reasons to call something homophobic or racist these days.
  • Man, I'm really hoping Shameless will be lighter in tone next season, as the rumor has it. This season is so dark, too dark - Mickey is doing all those great things (my heart melted when he made out with Ian in that club) and Ian is acting all weird, Frank is on the verge of dying, Debbie is a bitch, Mandy got beaten up by her asshole boyfriend (I hope someone cuts his dick off) and Fiona's storyline is some cold shit.
  • Keith asks about your opinion - who is the best Bond?
  • MettelRay writes about True Detective
  • Ruth lists her favorite 10 Irish actors working in Hollywood today
  • Jack reviews The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Brittani writes about the latest episode of The Walking Dead
  • Fisti reviews This is the End
  • Alex shares 42 Things he Loves About SHAME (that no one talks about) 
  • m.brown is a fearless guy. The last time he saw Lars Von Trier's movie, his TV set committed suicide. Yet here he is reviewing Nymphomaniac part 1.
  • RELATED POSTS:

    48 comments:

    1. "I swear people just look for reasons to call something homophobic or racist these days." Sadly, that appears to be the case far more often than it should. Those words are treated like negative buzz words just to stir up shit where there isn't any. Your comment on the Playlist article was hilarious . Seriously guys, get a clue. (sigh) But hey, glad you liked my post, thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think there is some sort of imagined controversy with every movie released these days. It's like an avalanche - one person imagines there was something offensive in the film and then the professionally outraged people follow.

        Delete
    2. Natalie Dormer in that dress... YES!!!!

      I agree, Matthew McConaughey should never put on a shirt.

      If you do become George Clooney's lawyer, how much would you charge him for your legal advice?

      Angie w/ wings... BRING IT!!!

      Lena Duhnam is becoming nauseating. Call Scar-Jo and Jen-Pac (Scarlett Johansson & Jena Malone), give them steel chairs and let 'em beat the shit out of her and J-Law just for you.

      The dogs win this time around.

      I fucking love that yacht scene and it is later followed by my favorite musical moment in the film that includes this great song.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoBtl7SL1E

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I wouldn't charge him anything :) Unless he was in some deep shit, like burying hookers in the desert.

        I'm not sure ScarJo and JenPac should dirty their hands by touching these two. They're probably toxic too.

        That was such a great moment, I love the entire yacht sequence!

        Delete
    3. Maybe my fangirl blinder shades are on but I love Shailene Woodley. Don't want nor need to hear her talk about her vagina, but I think she has said less dubious things than Jennifer. I don't think it was smart for her to talk about Twilight either - not only is the YA fandom so freaking competitive already (that's not going to help Divergent...which was a laughable book) but most series are honestly healthy for teens but its fiction...I don't know, I like her and find her refreshing.
      I concur that the raven turning into a dragon is much better. Though I can't put my finger on Lana Del Rays' cover for the movie. It's a cross between beautifully haunting and robotic.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She said less hypocritical things than Lawrence but the things she says are profoundly stupid. She really doesn't seem to be cut out for press interviews and they are pushing her to do those. Then again no one forced her to say some stuff, it's all her.

        Delete
      2. I agree; the studios are pushing Shailene for Divergent as much as they pushed Jennifer all of last year. She's in a young mode of her career where she is going to say everything that's on her mind. Not the best move but I think quotes like the vagina one are more TMI than obnoxious. Compare that to JLaw's ignorant remarks and I don't think they pale in comparison.

        Delete
      3. I think she'll get to where Lawrence is in terms of ignorance, they are just too young to be acting like they do - as if they knew everything and wanted others to follow their ideas. I think they are both obnoxious and don't have an ounce of class.

        Delete
    4. Another great blog post! You are right, GRRM is delusional. Reading his comments on the future of the show and a possible big screen movie, I just shake my head.
      I know she's the next big thing in Hollywood, but Shailene Woodley seriously gives me a headache.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm sure a prequel movie about Robert's rebellion would be lucrative, but Dunk and Egg novellas movie? No way.

        Same here :/

        Delete
    5. At this point I get Game of Thrones news from you faster than I do any other source! lol. I love it.

      I actually liked the Scarlet Witch concept art, I'm sure her costume will look different, but I dug it either way.

      I hope Divergent bombs just so my local radio station stops talking about it. They've been randomly been playing clips from it all week.

      Thanks for linking my TWD post! Gotta spread that Carol love. lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm 90% sure WiC actually got some stuff from my comments yesterday :)

        I think she will have different costume in big scenes, I'm just excited about Olsen being in the movie, she's such a good choice for the character.

        They've must have spent tons on marketing. It's like they are wrapping crap in silk with this one.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    6. Aww I love the Joffrey-Margaery photos <3 <3

      I guess Scarlett Witch has a pretty skimpy outfit, no? Anyways, excited to see what Olsen and the Marvel team do with her.

      I actually read that Dunham article and her POV is what imo people who do hate Woody Allen need to have. It's the only rational one in that sphere.

      I adore the new Maleficent trailer. Wings <3 <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They really look nice together, don't they?

        Well originally she has this cool costume that is kinda like a one piece swimsuit and a cloak, obviously it would look silly but I hope at least the cloak stayed, Olsen mentioned something about wearing one in her scenes.

        She took the contents Farrow's letter as a fact the moment it appeared. Now she keeps talking about it as it was a fact. The point she makes about separating Allen from his work is a good one, but she still thinks he is guilty and talks about this situation as if it was 100% proven it happened.

        Delete
    7. People think Shame is homophobic?! That's utterly ridiculous. People who think that clearly don't understand films or storytelling in any way. Madness.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. And it's disturbing how many people think that. I see claims like that at least once a week.

        Delete
    8. I love your articles and reviews. It doesn't really matter if it is about GoT. It is just so relaxing. So thank you again and have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much and you as well! :)

        Delete
    9. There is so much hate towards all these young actresses lately because the new generation is so candid with interviews, they seem to say everything that comes to their mind and half of those things are meant to stay inside their tiny little brains. It's like their publicist is saying, "say anything, talk about your vagina, we need press, no matter the kind we get!".. American teenagers are weird...

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm actually almost sure their publicists tell them that. But then again many young actresses out there never said the stuff that was half as idiotic or offensive as Lawrence and Woodley. People hate on Stewart but I don't believe she ever talked about her vagina or hitting someone with her car.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
      2. I'm actually liking Stewart at this point.. though some of the things she's done doesn't really reflect well on her but at least she isn't talking about it all over the place.

        Delete
      3. I really don't like the celebrities who think they should talk first and foremost and only then deal with their careers. An actress who is more of a popular public persona and less than a person who focuses on her movies is not much of an actress. Even during Twilight craze Stewart was humble and waited for the questions, without opening her mouth first so that tons of personal details and silly bullshit came out of it.

        Delete
    10. Shameless is so sad this season... I finish every episode crying. The last scene in Sheila's home killed me, poor Frank! But I love it, it's such a great show.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's really amazing, I just hope everyone will be OK in the end, especially Mandy, Mickey, Vi and Kev. Funny thing but the Gallaghers aren't among my favorite characters in the show.

        Delete
    11. OMG

      I thought of you so much this week when I heard what Lena "dumb as a fucking brick" Dunham said about Woody...and then I heard like two minutes later what Woodley said about her vagina and I though "Sati is going to think this chick is Lawrence 2.0" and I WAS RIGHT!

      For the record, as much as I kind of love Lawrence, you can't be a copycat and expect others to think you're sincere. They may be friends, but have your own identity girl!

      Also, thanks for the link ;-)

      Oh...and I'm on Twitter now :-O

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I have very little tolerance for whatever Dunham is saying and young chicks talking about dumb shit like clay oothpaste and stuff they shouldn't be talking about in the first place which is their vagina's likes and dislikes.

        Woodley may be even worse than Lawrence.

        Delete
    12. Someone needs to sequester George R. R. Martin and not let him out until he finishes Wow and Dream of Spring. Toss him bread and water under the door. Disable the internet and make him type for 8 hrs a day. Some people have written 10 books in the time it's take him to finish one or two.

      As for Shailene Woodley, I'm not familiar with her, but she sounds like she needs to a case of "keep your mouth shut." But no one can surpass JLaw. I've read about 'Divergent.' One reviewer called it complete "slog," but it looks like it will be successful slog. They're expecting a big opening b/c of the fans. So I don't know if it will flop. Although I am personally tired of the YA film craze myself. I'm not a fan of 'Twilight' either, but if I were Shailene Woodley I wouldn't call out the kettle if I were the pot.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really don't know what the hell is up with him. It's not like he is doing that for free, plus with all the theories out there and limited ways in which many story arcs can end that are so good all he needs to do is just type it all down.

        I'm sure teens will go see it, but so far it's getting pretty bad reviews, which is a critical flop, they were probably counting on good reviews like the ones that inexplicably Hunger Games recieved

        Delete
      2. This was the movie that wouldn't end. It ran too long and the script needed some serious work. Too predictable.

        Delete
    13. Tons of newsworthy goodies in this post. I am SOOO geared for the Winter Soldier. I really think it has potential to be something amazing. The original story it is based on was tremendous.

      Thanks for the link. Always appreciate it! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I actually could see it this Friday but I cannot find anyone who would like to see it. I actually had several people tell me they would rather see Nymphomaniac. I'm definitely seeing WS though, if only for that quick glimpse of Scarlet Witch.

        Delete
    14. Awesome Rambling Friday, as always! Thanks so much for the link. Yay, more Oberyn :D Ahahaha, an escapee from Phantom Menace!! I agree w/ you on Lena's costume, but she's still gorgeous tho.

      That Maleficent trailer is super awesome indeed. I'm more excited about that one now.

      As for Shailene, I quite like her, tho I knew she's gonna get flak for criticizing Twilight. She shouldn't have done that even if she felt that way about it, it's just not wise considering she's also doing a YA adaptation. I might be in the minority amongst critics, but I enjoyed Divergent, but I guess I'm a big fan of dystopian future stories. Plus, that Theo James is massive eye candy material, tee hee

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I'm probably gonna see Divergent for Kate Winslet, but I'm predicting that I'm gonna regret seeing that film when I do :) Ironically Twilight is one of the 2 YA franchises I liked and the other one - Beautiful Creatures - is not even getting a sequel.

        Delete
    15. I also loved Margaery's wedding dress, and George R.R. Martin is making worried too. This man seems to live in his own world out of the series progress of something haha.

      Loved what you said about Matthew looking sad playing bongos wearing clothes, his anecdote of being arrested while playing naked is really funny. And his mugshot, he looked so cute for a mugshot.

      I also like Elizabeth Olsen for the same reasons as you do, so I hope they do a good job with her character.

      Oh and I've seen the homophobic comments about Shame, a film I loved, too. I don't get it. But I've also seen a lot of comments and reviews from women saying that True Detective was misogyinistic... which I think it's the same nonsense they kept telling David Lynch about Blue Velvet or Twin Peaks. I don't see any of that I think it's ridiculous. Then the protray of man in these series and films is pretty bad too as some of them are sadistic psychopaths. The haters go too far, really.

      Cheers, Sati.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. His mugshot is my fav I've ever seen - the most cheerful mugshot out there :)

        True Detective misogynistic comments are tricky - on one hand yes, women are portrayed in bad light, but on another as you pointed out pretty much every one was. It was very much a tale of 2 men and the portrayal of women was intentional. That said, Maggie was a real bitch for what she did to Rust.

        Delete
    16. Great work, just wanted to tell you I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. http://vinnieh.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/my-second-versatile-blogger-award/

      ReplyDelete
    17. Guys, I have something for every GoT fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCxYQ9ztu0
      Enjoy these 28 seconds.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, seems like it will be an intense scene! There's also a Dany and Sansa scenes sneak peak from 3x01 available.

        Delete
    18. Digging the GoT blog design!

      I don't know what George R. R. Martin is thinking either. Now he's talking about having a movie as well...? Just finish the damn books already.

      True Detective + Hardy Boys mashups? Love it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        GRRM seems to be losing interest in the story and replacing it with greed :/

        Delete
    19. So...I actually stopped watching movies this past weekend and watched six episodes of True Detective over two nights. This is some unheard of shit around the Brown household. Anyway, while I enjoyed the f--k out of that show, those Hardy Boys covers are hysterical. I'm old enough to have one of those damn books (it was my brother's) and that shit is classic.

      My TV made it through vol. I, I'm just not sure my soul did. I don't know why this guy seems to hate everything. I honestly think he had a cool story to tell, but instead, litters the screen with angry dicks. You gonna review it?

      (oh, and thanks for the link...sorry I'm such a bastard)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Welcome to my world. I have seen maybe 3 movies during last month - there is just too much awesome TV, I swear some of those series are better than several great movies combined.

        I think my review of that one was the dick tweet :)

        Delete
    20. 'Dick tweet?' You're probably going to have to narrow that one down for me. I think between you and me (and Fisti...) we've got about two dozen dick tweets out there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. https://twitter.com/lady_sati/status/448970227091779584 :)

        Delete
    21. The more I see of Maleficent, the better it looks. I'm looking forward to it.

      Haha. Love those WOWS gifs!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm really hoping it's gonna be much better than recent feature films from Disney.

        Delete