Friday, April 18, 2014

(127) Joffrey was the penis leech* + links

By Sati. Friday, April 18, 2014
  • *to be clear, Stannis cannot be congratulated for Joffrey's death or blamed for Robb's (I won't go into details why, there's enough book explaining happening in recaps, it's Friday, I'm tired, google it if you're curious). but ever since Melisandre dropped that leech on Gendry's penis I wanted to use that phrase so bad.
  • I cannot get over how amazing certain moments in last Game of Thrones were. I've seen this fucking episode 4 times already. Someone stop me.
  • THE BEST:
  • Lena Headey. Oh my God.
  •  I've never found Oberyn hotter than seeing his profound 'judging you now' reaction at that horrible joust. You can show a man in a brothel all you like, but him doing the right thing? Much hotter, every time. Varys and Olenna - my eternal respect.
  • Speaking of hot:
  • I almost melted.
  • If that man shot me a seagull so I would''t starve I'd be doing lots of things, fun things, but I would not be burning people alive on the beach. Selyse is seriously batshit insane. I kept waiting for Davos to show up and rescue Stannis from that dinner awkwardness.
  • There is quite an outrage in fandom over Stannis scenes. D&D better make him look like hot Jesus curing AIDS and cancer simultaneously, while feeding orphans and rescuing endangered species, carrying an infant in one arm and a baby seal in another by the time this season is over. Also perhaps someone should be narrating the whole thing so that TV audience comprehends what is happening, because I see that if a character is not a pretty blonde with dragons or wisecracking Tyrion they don't really get as much love as they deserve. It's like fucking Emmys all over again. Stannis is the only one who laid siege to King's Landing and tried to knock Joffrey off the throne. He also actually fought among his men. You know what I read on boards this week? I read that he is a villain. I also read that Tywin I-orchestrated-Red-Wedding-and-had-Targaryen-children-killed-in-front-of-their-mother mass murderer Lannister is a hero. 
  • Why do I even bother explaining?! For fuck's sake.
  • Whatever. SOON.
  • Join me in appreciating Jack Gleeson's stellar work over the years and watch his final goodbye to the fans.
  • Locke is really becoming one of my favorite characters. His lines are unreal. And judging from the trailers he actually gets to the Wall this season. I hope he makes it out alive, he is hilarious. I also hope given how well Harington is doing so far Locke's inevitable 'you are a bitch' line won't crush his slowly developing charisma.
  • I can't with all the discussions on how this detail or that detail is not right and the showrunners don't know what they are doing. And most of the whining is about Sansa and Jaime, characters that are at least getting a lot of screentime and even some added scenes. After a particular scene that's gonna happen this Sunday there will be so much bitching about Jaime I think I'm just gonna stay away from discussion all together. Just be glad your favorites are on screen and are somewhat the way they were in the books. Listen to Catelyn/Stannis fan who is constantly dreading what will happen in last 2 eps of this season. Well, in regards to Stannis because Cat is, what's the word...dead.
  •  Word is McConaughey will be back for Magic Mike sequel. Well, I guess I'm seeing that. Can he just...lose the thong this time around?
  • Check out this hilarious Honest Trailer for The Wolf of Wall Street:
  • Gone Girl trailer. Horrible music. Whoever butchered She sounded like he was dying. Everything else was great but that music...I basically rewatched that trailer on mute. Still on 5th page of the book. Working, studying, appreciating GoT and trying to read a book. A page a week.
  • Movies? What movies? Oh, how I tweeted days back that I'm gonna finally see something? Had to read about wills an trusts instead. Ah, joy.
  • Apparently Transcendence is even more of a disgrace than it appeared to be from the awful posters and amateurish marketing campaign. Seriously when is Johnny Depp gonna snap out of this pathetic state of saying yes to everything, getting insane amounts of cash and not even fucking trying anymore?
  • Crimson Peak!! Yeeees!!! I was under impression this movie will be set in modern times with flashbacks and it looks like it's really not the case. Either way, I'm really excited and I hope it will be MUCH better than Del Toro's recent projects. Forgive me for being worried, but he managed to waste Idris Elba and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in those. Fucking Mama. Oh, Jesus. That ending.
  • So Parks and Rec. The way drunk Ben jumps fences is how I jump them sober. I just want Ben and Leslie to name their kid Khaleesi if it's a girl.
  • New episode of Veep was much better than last. Does anyone know if senator Furlong is going to appear this season? I miss him!
  • I don't watch Mad Men but if you do, you should head over to Sofia's blog
  • Check out the new look of The Warning Sign
  • Brittani wrote another hilarious recap of Game of Thrones' recent episode
  • MettelRay shared a wonderful article about Shameless, season 4
  • Alex shares great list of his favorite dual performances
  • Ruth reviews Breathe in
  • Andrew shares some great blogosphere links himself
  • TheVern and Alex share very different views on Under the Skin
  • m.brown reviews Anchorman 2, which is pretty high on my watchlist which is seemingly endless
  •  
     And Happy Easter in the world without Joffrey! 

    RELATED POSTS:

    38 comments:

    1. Thanks so much for the dual links ;)

      I'm so happy to hear that McConaughey is on board with Magic Mike XXL. I'm not sure the film would work without him.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :)

        I heard he will return, I really hope it's true, he's reason enough for me to see it :)

        Delete
    2. So much Game of Thrones awesomeness.. I love it! I'm really curious to see what happens with Oberyn. He has already been a really interesting character just from the first two episodes. I hope he gets a big moment or two to shine. Can't wait for this Sunday.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh Oberyn has plenty amazing scenes in future episodes! :) Definitely big moments!

        You're welcome, the site looks great!

        Delete
    3. I saw a video of people reacting to Joffrey's death that includes Nelson going "haw-haw" over him dying.

      The guy who sang "She" is Richard Butler of Psychedelic Furs/Love Spit Love. I actually like that guy.

      I hope Crimson Peak will rock as it's already slated for my top 5-10 most anticipated films of 2015.

      I love Veep and I enjoy seeing Jonah starting to squirm and make an even bigger fool of himself.

      Hiddles & Kat Dennings win the cute thing.

      Oh, I love that Honest Trailer for WoWS... it makes me want to see the film again as I hope there's a longer cut of the film. Maybe there's a shot of Jean's.... that got cut out of the film because Marty didn't want to get a NC-17 rating.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Crimson Peak looks amazing, I really hope they won't screw it up.

        I'm really hoping Veep improves a little, so far I don't think new season is on the same level as the episodes from 2 previous ones. Jonah is hilarious, though!

        I'd love to see that :D

        Delete
    4. Lena Headey - my goodness! She looks fantastic. She's probably enough to get me to watch Game of Thrones but my to-watch list is endless. 234 things occupy my Netflix list right now! :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's such an amazing performance, one of the best in the whole series. My watchlist is impossibly long too :/

        Delete
      2. That confirmation makes it that much harder not to resist!

        Delete
      3. I hope it does! GoT is one of the best things...ever :)

        Delete
    5. I had to read your Stannis rant aloud to my husband, that was hysterical. It's so true though, people don't realize Stannis is the closest thing this story has to a hero other than Jon. I hope they get the chance to show that.

      I'm trying to read Gone Girl before the movie comes out too, I just need someone at the library to stop hoarding it.

      Thanks for the link! Did you ever see that WOWS/Breaking Bad mash up? That was perfect.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's so misguided. It's like when Dany burns someone people are like 'yeah bitch, burn!' but Stannis does something like that and he's freaking Osama bin let's burn infidels. I understand everyone gets to have their favorites but showrunners showing such bias borders on grossly irresponsible.

        You're welcome! i did, so awesome! :)

        Delete
    6. I knew there was something I did not like about that "Gone Girl" Trailer and it was that song. Thanks for the link love. I do appreciate it Who is more adorable Tom Hiddleston / Kat Dennings for the win. Ummm Mainly Kat Dennings, but Tom Hiddleston I'm sure can make a mean grilled cheese better then a puppy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That She rendition was really bad :/ You're welcome, so jealous you already got to see the film!

        Delete
    7. Hiddles isn't adorbs there- he's like super hot. Hiddles <3 Can't wait for Crimson Peak. Apparently it's super kinky.

      So glad about Magic Mike XXL. Dallas is still one of my fav Matty M performances, though I did want new cast members. STRIPPING FOR EVERYONE!!

      I'm so sad about Transcendence. The 17 year old in me doesn't want to give up hope re: Depp but he's doing everything to disappoint :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just find his shy/horny stare so cute ^^ Yes, let's bring in the kinky! :D

        I hope he strips again in this one. That was such an....awesome scene :)

        I think he just gave up on ambition, however given how the script wasn't half bad I'm shocked it went this badly.

        Delete
    8. (I'll come out of blog hibernation just to read your post and since I'm having blog withdraws, I'm probably going to rant a lot :D )

      Joffrey.. I knew he was going to die but so soon into this season.. I'm actually a bit disappointed because despite the evil, he had some very good villain-traits and bitchy lines.. and this means Gleeson's done with acting!? God, I hope that's not true... you'd thing being in GOT would generate more passion towards acting but I guess it wasn't the case with him.

      "I've never found Oberyn hotter than seeing his profound 'judging you now' reaction at that horrible joust." - YES!! I mean.. that little bout he's doing, that's just.. man.. I mean.. count me in to be overwhelmed!

      In regards to the movie watching, I feel you... closing in on 2 weeks without any movie watching and I think I'll crack tonight after a looong session of thesis writing. My Gone Girl reading is going better though, 80 pages so far and I'm already interested to see what Fincher does with it! The song in the trailer was horrid though.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he just saw it as adventure. Good for him, though - it would be difficult to top Joffrey no matter how many entertaining performances he could give us. I just hope people aren't too mean to him - he deserves nothing but respect.

        I told you all you will be turning into Oberyn fangirls and we're only two episodes in! :)

        You're welcome, I promise to comment soon, I read it already but I have so many tabs opened sometimes I just pass out before I get to do that :) Hope the thesis is going well - YOU CAN DO IT! :)

        Delete
    9. Wishing you a happy Easter weekend too! Honest Trailer for The Wolf of Wall Street was funniest thing I saw this week, especially part with McConaughey beating his chest in Leo's face :)
      Speaking of, could be of interest to you, I noticed watchmojo did Top 10 Matthew McConaughey Performances (REDUX) yesterday:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0Mfo9JQCo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        i loved all the McConaughey jokes in this one ^^

        Awesome list, so glad they included Mud!

        Delete
    10. big YES to a Magic Mike sequel, haha. Ben is the cutest drunk person I've ever seen, that episode was sweet. And this week's had some good moments too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. TRIPLETS! This is gonna be hilarious when they are...out of Leslie and Ben is babysitting ^^

        Delete
    11. Oh my gosh, your Stannis paragraph - preach it! Going to copy/paste that whenever someone calls him a villain on the internet.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Go ahead :) Stannis fans unite! :)

        Delete
    12. The “move bitch” moment LOL. Natalie Dormer’s with her cute face like “ok, ok” and Headey being the badass she is. I also thought that Oberyn was specially attractive there. I really hope D&D will give Stannis the credit he deserves. And Gleeson is the cutest, loved that goodbye gif set.

      I like Jaime so I’d be watching it and judging him with the Oberyn judgy look.

      Dallas was the only reason why I watch Magic Mike so if he's in the sequel, I'd definitely watch it.

      Agree about the song in the Gone Girl trailer, and I also thought Crimson Peak was gonna be set in modern times. Del Toro… you can’t be sure with him. But I have big hopes for this. Just for the amazing cast I can’t wait. Love to see Hiddleston rocking that costume. Mia Wasikowska’s dress with the "human hand-holding belt" is pretty weird, now I'm even more intrigued.

      Te puppy with the bird… I'm dying. And Hiddleston looking at Kat Jennings, great too. Oh and that Loras-Jaime scene, was one of the best. I was thinking while watching it: I bet Loras would rather marry you, Jaime.

      Happy Easter to you too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, you are in for quite a scene with Jaime this Sunday. The writers made their questionable changes to a certain scene and the effect will definitely get people ranting.

        I would find Magic Mike unwatchable if it wasn't for Dallas. The titular character and that young fuck up who hang out with him were so boring.

        I cannot wait to see the set photos of Chastain. The pairing of her and Hiddleston is so interesting and her villainess role sounds awesome.

        I bet Loras would like that ^^

        Delete
    13. Hey thanks for the link love, Sati! I read your GoT review, oh my, Joffrey's death is quite a scene. "I've never found Oberyn hotter than seeing his profound 'judging you now' reaction ..." Ahah well I always find him hot :D

      Yeah, Transcendence's reviews are so bad, glad I skipped the screening then. I might give it a rent later tho, I like Rebecca Hall, too bad she's not in better movies.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!! I think his big brothel orgy scene is coming up :)

        Hall really deserves better projects :/

        Delete
    14. Happy Easter! I get serious nerd rage when I read people describing Tywin in any manner pertaining to heroic. WHAT? There is nothing heroic about Tywin Lannister. This is a man who couldn't beat Robb Stark on a field of battle and has to use treachery to win. This is the same man who basically condoned the brutal rape and murder of a woman and the brutal killings of her children (as Oberyn keeps reminding viewers over and over again: Tywin is not a good man). Stannis, however, is about a close to a hero these books have right now (maybe besides Jon, though we'll see). You can tell who the show is interested in writing for and the characters they put in there because they have to include them...I feel, unfortunately, that Stannis falls in the latter category and not in the former.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. O think TV audience easily confuses charisma with heroism. Honestly some things being said among those whose watch the show really sound moronic. I love Cersei because she is a hoot to watch but I'd have to be insane to call her a heroine.

        I'm just hoping with Stannis doing what he is doing in the end of ASOS and his epic quest to defeat Boltons in ADWD the writers will have no choice but to give him the respect he deserves.

        Delete
    15. I also rewatched episode 1 and 2 from GoT like 4 or 5 times, it is just sooooo good with so many details.
      Cersei trying to ruin it for everyone, for Margery, the poor, Pycelle, Brienne and so on was just awesome.
      I didn't think I could possibly get more invested in this show, and yet.
      And wow, the woman playing Olenna is 75 years old and is just as lively in real life! I'll be lucky if am able to walk at her age.
      And again, I love your posts!
      By the way, what motivated you to start writing on the Internet in the first place?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think this may be the best season. The second part of a Storm of Swords is the best part of the story, however many things from 5th book are full of potential so future seasons shouldn't disappoint.

        She's amazing. Her and Betty White are so inspiring.

        Thank you! Oh I was always on many movie boards and fansites and I've been reviving films for years in different places online so several years back I decided to have my own place where I'd post my thoughts :)

        Delete
    16. Yes, the more I read about 'Transcendence' the worse it gets. It sounded like an interesting concept, but it has gone oh sooo wrong. I'm a little tired of Johnny Depp starring in every role he can think of. He's of the age where he needs to start thinking of his legacy. He's been in the game long enough. He's an A-lister. He can pretty much do what he wants. Other A-listers are much choosier. Not Depp. I'm also not a Rebecca Hall fan. She literally plays the exact same character in every movie she's in.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's a fair point about Hall, but I think she makes subtle differences between characters noticeable and for me they feel different. She also has such grace about her, I like watching her on screen.

        Depp really needs to stop whoring around and start taking some risks.

        Delete
    17. Have you seen the Jamie pie gif? It's so funny.
      Great episode of GOT! Can't wait for tonight.

      Sorry for the lack of commenting on your blog - been super busy with uni work.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did! The way he run was seriously hilarious, no wonder they did so many memes :)

        No worries, hope everything is going well!

        Delete
    18. Haha, I love those honest trailers.

      I can't wait for Johnny Depp to start doing good movies again. Still, his next four (Into the Woods, Mortdecai, London Fields and Black Mass) sound interesting.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm really hoping he gets his shit together, he's been embarrassing himself lately.

        Delete