Friday, May 2, 2014

(129) The squire, the candy and the were-hyena + links

By Sati. Friday, May 2, 2014
  • Seriously, how awesome is Podrick?
  • As fun as Arya and the Hound are...Brienne and Podrick will likely be much more entertaining. They improved his character so much in the show. That's the beauty of the series - a legendary and mysterious brothel adventure, spot on casting, several charming scenes and one genius cutaway later and we all love the character.
  • I'm still so disturbed by the ending. I couldn't believe they went there. Never mind the baby being in such a horribly nightmarish scene, that shit wasn't revealed yet in the books! I was drinking while watching the episode and when that scene started I actually thought to myself Jesus Christ, how drunk am I? Is it Thor The Dark World? Is Loki there? No, that's wrong franchise... (brain pause) WHERE IS STANNIS?! And then I was like WOAH. This is accurate.
  • Move away Ygritte. I give you....BFF:
  • The problem with being a book reader is that when show changes stuff around it becomes unpredictable. I'm worried for Locke in next ep. He is such an entertaining character! He can't die! He didn't even get to call Snow a pussy yet. And more importantly -  who would nurse that bear back to health?
  • Next episode will be fun, I think Lysa scenes are going to be hilarious. It's such a compliment for Kate Dickie - it's been 3 years since we last saw her, yet I bet every single non book reader remembers aunt Lysa. Pedo Bear Dark Knight is clearly not fond of his new bride:
  •  I'm so psyched for the return of the Eyrie, Lysa's castle. Winterfell is lovely but Eyrie with its Moon Door and weirwood throne is my favorite castle of Westeros. The second one is New Castle, the seat of house Manderly with its amazing great hall, but we have yet to see that one on the show.
  • I'm getting kinda dizzy seeing that look Jorah gives Dany. God she is so stupid, focusing on Daario instead. That twit gave you flowers JORAH GAVE YOU HIS LIFE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
  • This is gonna be awkward transition but - happy 27th birthday to Emilia Clarke!
  • I saw Fugitive Pieces, while making my way through Stephen Dllane's movies. I also watched it because I knew there will be no Stannis in new ep and the lack of Dillane during my weekends may kill me so that was necessary to my survival. That was such a beautiful film - I think I'll manage to post a review next week.
  • I saw a quote from some insane critic on tumblr wondering how Dillane managed to seduce Rosamund Pike. My clothes would fall off right there if I were her. There was this one scene near the end, I almost passed out watching that. I'm not gonna make it through this season of Thrones alive, aren't I? Granted there is not gonna be a sex scene - unless Stannis and Davos REALLY bond on that Braavos trip and (rant/) if they do I'm sure he will wear a coat like during banging on the table scene in season 2 - never forget, never forgive HBO -  are you kidding me?! Women watch the show too, what, we don't deserve eye candy? Where is my candy, HBO?! (/endrant) - but in terms of hotness what will happen is gonna be pretty damn close. Don't ruin it HBO. Don't piss on my candy.
  • Crimson Peak set photos keep surprising me. First it turns out it's all set in the past, now I read Chastain plays Hiddleston's sister. Weren't they supposed to bang? I hope they still will - I don't mean like Cersei/Jaime thing, but I hope their characters are lying about being siblings or something like that.. I was also under impression she will have her wonderful red hair color in the movie, well, those recent set photos seem to indicate that's not the case.
  • Star Wars cast was announced this week. Who the hell is Daisy Ridley? Wait, I don't care. I was never a fan of this franchise and they have Adam Driver in this cast so I'm out. 
  • Behold JLaw fishing for attention in classless way again. I know any press is a good thing, but this is really desperate. A lot of people do that when drunk, but how fucking low you must be to brag about it? I wish Madonna set her dogs on her.
  • I saw Anchorman 2 and I seriously think this movie should come with a bag of weed. What the fuck was that? There were some funny things but most of it was some random shit, that I imagine you hallucinate when you're high on acid. Baby sharks, were-hyena etc. Everything involving Steve Carrel's character was so painfully stupid I feared my brain would die if I looked directly at the screen.
  • People keep making those posts about the films they saw last month - 30,40,50 movies. I've seen 3 - Enemy, Anchorman 2 and Fugitive Pieces. Thank God at least 2 of those were good.
  •  Parks and Rec dropped a twist on us in finale. The finale was really good, Jean Ralphio showed up with his crazy sister and that's always awesome.Then in the ending the show changed the mockdocumentary format and skipped ahead 3 years. I really hope they are not dropping the format altogether and that was just for this scene. Jon Hamm showed up for a funny cameo too.
  • So George Clooney is engaged to some lawyer. You know what this lawyer did this week? Got clawed several times while trying to apply eye drops to Gustav. Yorkie pink eye. Is this karma? If so - how many people have I slaughtered in my past life, exactly?
  • And then there was vaccination time. This time I legit almost fainted. To be clear it was Gustav getting vaccinated. I would be the world's worst vet. He is still a bit pissed off that he had to go through all of that in one week so he took the liberty of sleeping in my bed again.
  • Jack reviews Her
  • Ruth asks about your current obsessions. The amount of people who answered Game of Thrones is freaking awesome.
  • Eric reviews Incendies
  • Nika shares his views on Enemy
  • Just in time for 10th anniversary Katy writes about Mean Girls
  • Brittani recaps Oathkeepeer in her usual witty and awesome style
  • Jess lists top 10 best performances in Darren Aronofsky's films
  • Alex looks at the films of Tim Burton
  • RELATED POSTS:

    36 comments:

    1. Hiddles wins the cute contest. Jessica Chastain looks great.

      The casting for the next Star Wars has me excited. I hope the Force is strong with this new cast. It can't be any worse than those prequels. BTW, what happened to that ass-wipe who played Anakin in the last 2 films?

      Now that George Clooney is off the market, any idea who you will go after or will wait for the engagement to end so that he can be single again?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not sure what happened to him...I cannot imagine anything good :)

        I'm sure he won't be in a relationship long, he ain't the marrying kind, but I'm kinda too busy to fly to Italy now and accelerate the process :)

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the link!

      I like JLaw well enough and everything, but this whole shtick is starting to seem like an act. If Miley Fuckin' Cyrus is telling you to get it together, then, well...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Yeah, she really ought to think before she speaks. I know Hollywood isn't the classiest place on Earth, but good God...

        Delete
    3. I've considered changing my gifs for reviews to Gordon Ramsey. It just doesn't get better him.

      Critics do not understand the power of older English men. Steve Coogan became my fangirl boyfriend just from Philomena. He is now a God in my eyes.

      How do people squeeze in so many movies in a month? School ended a week ago, and I think I've managed two or three movies. Where does the time go?!

      Thank you for linking my post! <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so freaking funny!

        Cogan was so fantastic in Philomena. And professional critics these days are getting dumber and dumber.

        I have no idea. I could maybe watch 15 movies a month, if I really tried and slept less, but I don't think I'd find energy.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the link! I think Jennifer Lawrence heard Emma Stone is the internet's new favorite, so she had to say something.

      I think Sunday might be the end of Locke too, but hopefully he goes out in style!

      Hiddleston needs to stop being so attractive. I can't take it.

      I love those Gordon Ramsay gifs. I laughed so hard at those, he is such an asshole.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I wish she'd just go away.

        I really hope he survives!

        I think Crimson Peak may be the end for us all :)

        GoT/Gordon mash ups are so epic ^^

        Delete
    5. Game of Thrones book readers vs show watchers is so accurate I think, I wasn't as shocked with the final scene, though it was creepy and eery and ugh.. but I guess for book readers getting extra information really causes some excitement.. can't wait for Pod and Brennie adventures.. though, sad that she left Jamie.. :(

      "People keep making those posts about the films they saw last month - 30,40,50 movies. I've seen 3 - Enemy, Anchorman 2 and Fugitive Pieces. Thank God at least 2 of those were good. " - Some people manage to watch SO many movies, I watched 13.. which is quite a lot considering my current life situation.. many of them were at the cinema as well, there was nothing good at the cinema.. it is awful what goes on screen during spring.. and I'm not even sure I'm excited for blockbusters this summer.. Guardians of the Galaxy? No.. Weird.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That excitement is now two 50-page long threads on the board just about that, so yeah, we're pretty happy ^^

        I'm kinda excited for Godzilla. Maleficent will probably be another assault on my eyes with fucking awful CGI but hopefully Jolie will save it from being a disaster.

        Delete
    6. Fabulous post as always Sati. I do love these but I often have to wait before checking them out. I want to avoid spoilers. Still, it's great to see the White Walkers coming back.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! WW scared me so bad in that ending. The CGI/make up on the show definitely improved, they were much creepier than in s2/s3.

        Delete
    7. I love this! LOL...Miley gives her advice and she smells Brad Pitt. Jesus.

      Long live the almighty Emma Stone!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They are all freaks ^^

        EMMA! <333 :)

        Delete
    8. Thanks for sharing my list!

      I think this Parks & Rec change up could be really good. I was kinda worried when they announced the triplets that it was going to be a really boring storyline, basically just invented as a shocker without thinking about how ridiculous it would be one the show. Skipping ahead in time should make that work better. That finale was amazing though - if it has been the series finale I would have been completely satisfied. Then again, I never want Parks & Rec to end (as long as it's good).

      The Gordan Ramsey gifset cracked me up.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I really hope they'll give Ron more to do next season. I love the show but he is so fun to watch and I think they underused him this year. But there was plenty of Ben and I love Ben! Adam Scott is hilarious.

        Delete
    9. I don't know Sati, Gustav looks mighty cute this week. I think he might win this time.

      Good post. You know how I feel about HBOs lack of eye candy for the ladies. There seems to be a a serious disconnect somewhere among (a few of) the producers of the show. If I wanted to look at boobs all the time I can look in the mirror.

      Love Stephen Dillane in 'Fugitive Pieces.' I think my favorite role of his was 'John Adams.' He made Thomas Jefferson hot.

      I'm so tired of Dany's storyline thus far this year. The guy who plays Jorah is so debonair. He has a regal quality to him. If I were Dany, there would be no choice. Jorah all of the way, but Dany is young and immature, so it makes sense why she would want Daario.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Gustav is never really a part of who is more adorable battle, because he would win every time :)

        I really liked that Madden and Waldau took a stand - literally - and showed us a little something last season. But still, with the amount of female nudity....this just seems unfair and a little mean to female audience :)

        He was so wonderful in John Adams <333

        They really got too good looking men for this show. Jorah, Stannis, Roose Bolton - it's confusing the shit out of me when I re-read the books and ladies don't hit on them all the time.

        Delete
    10. How awesome is that your dog sleeps in your bed? It must be very comfortable (SPOILER ALERT: a bad thing if you're a busy person because you will lay more in your bed, nice bed=more laying=less time to work/study/do anything END OF SPOILER).
      I never realise what those looks Jorah gives Danny could mean until I read it here. But it is so true!
      I missed JLaw hate, you hadn't mentioned her for too long, not that she deserves your time.
      Have a nice weekend and I hope HBO doesn't steal your candy ;d

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's slightly less awesome when he kicks me in the face while he is sleeping :) I'm usually sleeping 4-6h a day so it's all his :)

        JLaw is promoting new movie so I'm sure she'll say plenty of asinine things for me to bitch about in near future :)

        You too! ^^

        If HBO does that my wrath will be without limits :)

        Delete
    11. I hope we get to see lots of Brienne and Podrick. His goofy smile at the top of this post is brilliant.

      Haha, love that imgur gallery you linked to. Seems pretty spot on.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope so too! They really expanded on his character from books.

        It sure was. I didn't know what the hell was going on when that ending was happening.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    12. JJ did a good job with bringing a new audience when he rebooted Star Trek, I think he'll do a good job with Star Wars too. As long as Lucas leaves well alone and doesn't try to get involved.

      The ending to GoT last week confused the feck out of me. It's been such a long time since I read the books I was convinced I forgot that I read this, and that Bran and co actually ended up at Craster's Keep. Nope.. I'm not going mad, that totally hasn't happened in the books. PHEW!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I was thinking I was going mad when that ending happened ^^ Wonderful how much they surprised book readers.

        Delete
    13. Hi Sati!
      Thanks for the link love and you’re lucky you’ve got lots of people to share your love for GoT. I’m so alone in my obsessing w/ Toby :(

      “…the lack of Dillane during my weekends may kill me” I so totally understand how you feel. I was getting Toby withdrawals from not being able to see any of his movies whilst I was in Chicago, thankfully I brought some mp3s of various clips so I could still listen to his voice :D

      Oooh poor Gustav!! I didn’t even know dogs get pink eye. Btw, now every time I read Gustav’s name I’m reminded of Toby’s character in Die Another Day [yes I know my Toby-itis is beyond cure!!]

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome Isn't tumblr helpful? I think all possible fandoms are there ^^

        Oh man, you're are bringing crushing on actors to some new and creative levels ^^

        They do and it's seriously disgusting :) I clean his eyes every day but this time it was really gross, I'm so glad I didn't go to vet school like I wanted to once ^^

        Delete
      2. Ahah well I dunno about 'helpful', if anything it doesn't *help* with me ever getting cured of my Toby addiction!

        Yes indeed!! It's nuts really, it's really getting out of hand, that's why when I said I'm obsessed I'm NOT putting it mildly :D Btw, I've been watching this clip of Toby in another BBC series, there's a moment where he's holding a puppy that I just... well I had to order the DVD! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSM9cBYdhC8

        I used to have a Pekingese dog when I was growing up and he constantly have eye infection, seems common for that breed. Well I hope Gustav isn't suffering too much!

        Delete
      3. But it gives you the fix :)

        Oh that's cute! He has a lovely smile.

        Gustav constantly puts his face in grass so no wonder he got it ^^ He is much better now but he is still pissed off about us applying eye drops and he hides under couch a lot to avoid possible threats :)

        Delete
    14. So excited for Crimson Peak!!
      Thank you for the link!

      I've almost finished my dissertation, so I'll be back to posting regularly soon :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Glad you're almost done, working on a dissertation is so exhausting :/

        Delete
    15. I see these "watched 200 films this week" posts too and I just don't get it. I'm more likely to bag in three or four in a month. I never get into films so much as TV shows, I rarely rewatch them and I always need a break after watching one.

      Oh and the JLaw thing made me puke. What the fuck is wrong with her?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She's an attention whore :) I think the peak of her saying things like this will be once Selena is released and she'll do anything to mask how bad that movie is.

        Delete
    16. I’ve just left you a comment on the recap of the episode telling you that maybe it was my Hiddleston obsession haha, but the ending reminded me of Loki and Jotunheim or whatever that's spelled, and then I read this: "Jesus Christ, how drunk am I? Is it Thor The Dark World? Is Loki there? No, that's wrong franchise..." my thoughts exactly. Speaking of Hiddleston, how great is he there looking all cute running on set? So adorable.

      Kate Dickie is brilliant. I have a huge respect for her since I watched her performance in Red Road.

      Oh Jorah. Iain Glen is so classy and the way he looks at her with those beautiful eyes he has, poor thing.

      I'm watching the tv series Bron/Broen right now, and I've just seen that The Tunnel, that I remember you talked about in here, it's a version of that one. I'm liking it a lot so I'd definitely watch the version, curious to see how they've adapted it.

      And poor Gustav, he looks lovely.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hahaha, they looked so similar, didn't they? So much like Frost giants, but I guess it's just difficult to come up with different look for ice creatures.

        He is so lovely, he keeps taking pics with his fans, such a nice person.

        I think I only saw Dickie in Prometheus, but I'm loving her Lysa.

        Oh The Tunnel is great. Dillane is all kinds of hot there ^^

        Delete
    17. Haha, that's exactly why I avoided Anchorman 2. The first one was too much for me, and I couldn't take any more. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The second part was even worse :/

        Delete