Friday, May 9, 2014

(130) Braavos, here we come! + links

By Sati. Friday, May 9, 2014
  • On the next Game of Thrones...
  • Seriously, finally, Stannis. Jesus Christ, he wasn't there in 2 eps. They had him say that amazing pantry line, break some ships and just being super hot in 4x03 and then they just took him away. I was in darkness. Now I can see the light again. 
  • Literally, as he is finally in well lit scenes for the first time this season - I've never seen so much joy about lighting, let me tell you - we are freaking out in Stannis/Dillane fanbase because of that. Good God maybe we even get new promo picture? You see, this is the fanbase that appreciates little stuff - Daenerys' fans have a shitload of promo footage, scenes, promo stills, I'm fairly sure there are even sexdolls of her by now. We get good lighting and a promo pic and we go nuts. SPOILERS Seriously it's possible I'm gonna be the happiest I've ever been when watching that show during ep.9 big moment. My God it's gonna be like Blackwater with the good guys winning. And I bet it's gonna be hot. Can his stubble make a glorious return? Oh, God, please!  END SPOILERS
  • The sound you'll hear during his scenes is just gonna be me. EXPLODING.
  • So much sass. *inhuman fangirl noises* *sound of my heart breaking a little because he - unfortunately - shaved*
  • You know what they should do? They should make the mention of the fact that Stannis has rapists castrated. Mad-eyed ultra feminists and other professionally outraged idiots are still going on and on about the rape scene so making a mention of that would not only get audiences to like Stannis more and give them a sense of what kind of a men he is, it would also help with all that outrage. Hey look, a decent male character who is actually appalled with sexual violence and does something to stop it.
  • Rumor has it that Davos has a scene with 3 naked chicks. I don't think he does anything with them, they are just walking around and he acts uncomfortable. Can we please get Stannis in that scene too? Cause that would be even funnier. The look he gave naked Melisandre before the leeches burning was priceless.
  • When I saw the picture on the right I laughed for like 5 minutes. We all knew Gwendoline is incredibly tall, but Sophie is a giant too! This pic is actually less embarrassing for Kit than that Rolling Stone cover.
  •  Drogon loses his shit in next episode. That's as specific as I can be. Also I just can't wait for Tyrion's trial. This is gonna be the best pokerface from Tywin in history of the series so far. Cersei's gonna be in full-on bitch mode. I missed that, her playing nice and just walking around with the sad look on her face is not the Cersei I know and love.
  •  My condolences to the girls out there already halfway to crushing on Iwan Rheon as Ramsay (to those of you unfamiliar with the show, the most evil fuck on Game of Thrones). HBO is determined to push them over the edge - they're having him fight shirtless in next episode, for absolutely no reason at all. Yet some people wore a coat during their sex scene. No, I'm not letting that one go.
  • Brienne and Pod!
  •  I teared up so bad during this scene:
  • Look at Harington's face. He is so cute. If Ghost licked him, I'd die.
  • I didn't think it was possible for Shailene Woodley to be any dumber. I was wrong.
  • I don't have this much issues with her doing all that nature stuff. Hey, I have so many herbs (they're all legal, don't get excited) here, I basically add them to everything and I believe in a lot of things people would probably find silly. However, saying you are spreading your legs outside to let sunshine into your vagina and bringing a horseradish that looks like a dick to talk shows? She should hang out with Jennifer Lawrence. They could combine their interests and puke clay on Madonna's yard or something.
  • Check out those adorable pics from Crimson Peak set!
  •  The new Interstellar poster is kinda cool. But the movie posters these days are so bad anything that's not so awful you feel like you're gonna go blind, is great.
  • There is so much hypocrisy in media right now that I decided to stop reading pretty much all recaps/reviews written by professionals. The Playlist has such an idiot recaping Game of Thrones I am simply stunned - I find it offensive to the show someone like that is even allowed to watch it. Then there is all this outrage because of rape scenes in GoT but what of Hannibal? They had a lesbian character have sex with a man. Honestly, what the fuck? She did that to get pregnant but there are other ways. They only had that sex scene because of sensationalism. They are shamelessly using fanservice to boost ratings because the show is on the verge of cancellation. They reduced female characters to either victims or sex toys. But because it's a niche show no one is complaining. They are sending their vitriol towards hugely popular show like Game of Thrones because they want to stir shit up and get more readers and attention. These people disgust me.
  • Honestly the writing on Hannibal has gotten so bad - especially towards the female characters - that even I find it offensive. Then there are the tweets Bryan Fuller writes to the disappointed fans of the show that are honestly so freaking rude. I liked the show so much in its first season but the new one makes no sense, the character of Mason was made into caricature and Alana replaced her heart and brain with...lower parts. Oh and the main source of mystery is 'is that person dead? Maybe they're alive?' because Fuller himself gives people possible outcomes, no matter how ridiculous - 'someone was shot in the head? Wait there is this unlikely thing we can do and they'll be alive!". So stupid.
  • I hope it gets canceled. We need proper Victarion for season 5.
  • Lana Del Rey finally released the video for West Coast and it is gorgeous
  • Her new album Ultraviolence will be released in June. June is also when they release new Game of Thrones soundtrack - in other words with these two, I'm set. This is practically all I listen to.
  • Brittani shares her favorite movie titles
  • Join Katy's Blockbusted blogathon
  • Chicks with accents celebrate their podcast's first anniversary
  • Andrew rants about the cliches of portraying fathers in movies
  • Tom reviews Under the Skin
  • Courtney writes about Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Alex lists top 10 actresses never nominated for an Oscar
  • RELATED POSTS:

    30 comments:

    1. Thanks for the link!

      The Playlist has been pissing me off a lot lately too. I usually love that site, but something's changed over there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        They have so many lousy, stupid writers there. They are just fishing for controversy - that's pitiful.

        Delete
    2. Thank you for linking my blogathon! <3
      I was okay with Shailene talking about her lady bits and her nature walk, however, the feminist comments...are most uninformed - to put it lightly.
      Where's Tom Hiddleston. There just isn't enough of him in the news or anywhere. :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome, hope I'll find the time to participate!

        He's shooting CP in Toronto, at least there are plenty of set pics around the web :)

        Delete
    3. The little girl hugging Hiddleston for the win. I think fame has gone into Shailene's head. Actually, I don't think she and J-Law puking on Madonna's law is a bad idea. In fact, Madonna might've welcomed it since she is so desperate for relevancy.

      Those Crimson Peak pics look awesome. In del Toro I trust.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope Crimson Peak is gonna be good. At the very least it already looks like the costume design and the look of the movie will be impressive.

        Delete
    4. The Tom Hiddleston gifs are adorable! Such a sweet man!

      Shailene Woodley should just keep quiet, or choose her wordings on things she likes to talk about. Or basically just not to even try Jennifer Lawrence-ing herself (I assume that she's taking the similar path to be well-liked).

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He's the cutest! :)

        I think her PR team should just write possible answers for questions for her. Letting her speak for herself is a terrible idea, as it is with most uneducated people.

        Delete
    5. Thanks for the link!

      I feel kind of sick about finding Ramsay hot but I've liked Rheon since his Misfits days :/

      Hannibal got equally weird for me last season at a point so I'm hoping they get out of this rut soon. I still really like the show. It's just SOOOOOOO beautiful to look at, you know? I think the key is to forget the source material which is perhaps easier for someone like me who hasn't read the books. The only thing I really have a problem with is why would they make Mason like THAT? I mean it is completely opposite to the tone of the show though I'm hoping that first impressions aren't going to stick. Also Alana needs to die.

      GAHHHH HIDDLES!! Wtf man?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        There's so much confusion for ladies who watch Thrones - Ramsay, Tywin, Roose all have so many fangirls :)

        It is beautiful, the attention to detail is exquisite, but honestly for me the script matters the most, especially when it comes to psychological thrillers. The characters are just so cartoonish this season and I've never in my life seen dumber FBI employees. Alana is like the only female character I wish they killed and they are killing all the other ones instead :/

        Delete
    6. It's an odd album title, but I can't wait to listen to new Lana Del Rey cd, cool it will be released in June!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah she confirmed it few days back, can't wait! The track titles seem very cool too.

        Delete
    7. Thanks for linking me. :)

      It's sad that Stannis fans have to be excited for better lighting. I hope they don't continue to under utilize him from now on. I'm looking forward to his scenes. Those Iron Born ones? I'm not sure about those yet.

      Shailene...wow.

      Tom Hiddleston with the kid is adorable. Is he ever going to do something that isn't adorable?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        On the other hand our joy at the lighting is bigger than Dany's fans about some epic shit - because we are so starved for good things happening around Stannis ^^ Seriously we appreciate every tiny thing. I don't think I'm ready for actual epic stuff...it's gonna be so much to handle! ^^

        I doubt that, he is like the most adorable person ever ^^

        Delete
    8. Shailene Woodley needs to just stop talking until she gets better informed. Ugh. I am sorry Iwan Rheon fan girls, I am sure he is adorable and a good actor, but Ramsey is not a villain I enjoy watching at all. I am mega disappointed he is in this episode and if we saw him as much as we are seeing Strong Belwas, I'd be happy. I'd be happy if he were like Maris on Frasier, always referred to and described but never seen. At least Stannis and Davos are back, they should hopefully rinse the foul Ramsey taste out of my mouth.
      Mads Mikkelsen as anyone on Game of Thrones, I am so down with that. If Hannibal does get cancelled and he is cast as a Greyjoy, I will immediately find that character the most interesting and outside as of Theon and Asha/Yara...I can't stand the rest of the Greyjoy lot, so that tells you much about the power of Mads.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Ramsay but they are giving him so many scenes, especially last season. At least Yara in Dreadfort is shaping up to be an exciting sequence!

        I really only like Yara, she is badass!

        Delete
    9. Thanks for the link! Hiddleston is impossibly adorable in that gif set...!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! He really is ^^

        Delete
    10. The little girl wins this week hands down. Hiddles also wins for being so sweet to her. Is Lena a ham or what? She looks like she would be so much fun to hang out with. She's an incredible actress because she makes me love to hate Cersei.

      I love the gif set with Brienne and Podric. That scene was hilarious.

      Yes to Stannis/Dillane. No to Shailene Woodley.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Lena is so wicked! She is always so much fun to watch on interviews and it looks like she likes to get crazy.

        I cannot wait for his scene tomorrow. Oh, please, be a good scene.

        Delete
    11. So Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage are real life friends? They're awesome together! And is this why Dan & David chose them to play the roles of Cersei and Tyrion?
      I don't really care about Stannis but you have praised him so much that I want to see what he will do that will likely make him more likeable for me. But his face expression are priceless indeed!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think many of GoT actors are friends - they always hang out during filming and during the promo rounds for the show ^^

        I think they went with Dinklage because Martin specifically demanded it. I don't know how they came to cast Lena.

        He becomes much easier to like soon ^^

        Delete
    12. Tom and the little girl, the most adorable. Saw the video on tumblr, with the little boy playing Spiderman too, aww, he doesn't stop delighting me. And the Crimson Peak's set pics are great, really intrigued by this film.

      I noticed how tall Sophie Turner looked in the last episode standing next to Gillen. Can't wait for next GoT episode, with Stannis finally out of the shadows ^^

      I haven't seen the last episodes of Hannibal. Too bad they're going bonkers in the worst sense of the word. Mikkelsen looks badass on that pic you've posted. I think that would be the only way I'd like a Greyjoy!

      And loved the West Coast video.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Tom is so lovely with kids! I think he has a niece and he babysits her sometimes ^^

        I'm so excited for tonight's ep, should be really good one too.

        They really need a good actor here - Greyjoys are so insanely unlikable. At least Yara is badass and she does something for her family. I also liked how disgusted she was when Theon killed these boys.

        Delete
    13. Ahaha, those hula hoop pictures are great. It's so cool that the cast hangs out so much together.

      Can't wait for tonight's episode! The sneak preview made it look pretty damn intense.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Great post, as always.
      As for the Woodley thing. I think we should be educating her instead of making fun. She's only 22. I see this as an opportunity to teach a her and others with her false impression about what it’s really about. Just my opinion.

      Currently about to watch new GOT!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. See, I don't think 22 is an age in which I think a person can be excused because 'she is only that', 'she is young'. For a young actress, young woman in Hollywood, giving out interviews, to not know what term feminism means? Also it's mostly about how tacky she is. The combination of dumb and tacky is not something I can ever enjoy with these young stars.

        Hope you'll like it!

        Delete
    15. November is a long wait. I almost forgot Interstellar was even coming out this year. As long as it's better than Transcendence, I'm fine with it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm sure it's better than that! ^^

        Delete