Friday, June 20, 2014

(136) SWAG RATING 100/100 + links

By Sati. Friday, June 20, 2014
  • Let's not even pretend there's anything else I'd like to talk about this week other than the One True King, shall we?
  • All hail Stannis of the house Baratheon, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Warrior of the Light, the King who Still Cared and part time motherfucking model.
  • oh, sweet Jesus. The synchronized dismount. Someone is running to kill Stannis? Who cares. Horses literally target threat to Stannis and run it down.The swag continues. 
  • SWAG RATING 100/100 WESTEROS GQ THE KING AND HIS HAND HOW WE SAVED RAVEN LOCKS AND THE REALM WHILE LOOKING FAB
  • and all those memes...'a wild Stannis appears'. They finally see, they finally see what I see!!!
  • *inhuman fangirl noises intensify and dolphins can actually hear and understand me right now*
  •  There has been such sense of unity in fandom this week. And so many hilarious things came from that:
  •  This is really awkward. I have about 10 Lady Stoneheart graphics which I can't reblog on tumblr because for the second year in the row they didn't reveal her when now it was actually the time in the book to reveal her and it's a spoiler to just post fanart of her. I'm sure tons of non book readers were spoiled already - there is a new fanart showing her on tumblr and I think it's closing in on 50,000 notes.
  • I wait every year for her and I'm always left HANGING.
  • I really don't know what to even compare it to. I guess we, who don't claim that reveal is cheesy (if you do get the fuck away from my blog) feel as if Fight Club ended before the twist was revealed. What was going to make everyone's mind explode as much as my ovaries did during Stannis scene was either cut or postponed which effectively means it's a another year of waiting. Out of all the things I really want to see adapted this is it.
  • SPOILERS For me LS has to be in not because of vengeance but because of her part in Brienne's story. I do suppose it's possible for the writers to come up with some lame alteration even though the oath is already in the show - after all Tysha was mentioned too and we know how this played out... END OF SPOILERS I do love the outrage, it is so deserved. The showrunners have to be aware of it, right? Basically every single fan post mentions how they omitted that twist and I've never seen the fanbase this angry. Half of the topics about the finale ventured to the discussion on this issue. I cannot believe that according to Alex Graves, the director of the finale and someone who has no understanding of the books whatsoever, the inclusion of that was not even the part of conversation for season 4. How in the hell do you get off not even talking about it and then dare give out interviews saying 'everything from book 3 is in the season 3 and 4' when it's obviously just a gross lie, considering where they ended Jon story this year. It's just incomprehensible and I seriously hope the HBO executives will put these people on a short, short leash because they deprived the show of a fucking dynamite going off this year. We know that after the Jaime/Cersei rape scene outrage alterations were made to the remaining episodes, cutting down on violent sex scenes. Let's hope this time fans will be heard too.
  • I have no respect for Lena Headey. She trolled the fanbase, posting a picture on instagram that was quite clearly a hint that we will see it on the show and then tried to back from that in a pathetic 'I was drunk, this wasn't meant to be a hint' way on Kimmel show. We also had Alex Graves with his comments this week. The lack of professionalism and respect for fanbase among some of the people involved in the show is simply disgusting. 
  • There is one person who is always lovely in interviews and that is Kit Harington. Here are his thoughts on Stannis, Melisandre and Jon interacting with Team Dreagonsone. "I've been a huge fan of all of their works, but especially Stephen's". Oh, Kit you precious baby.
  • I finally got Stannis promo pics. Everything is so beautiful and everything is Stannis. And when I say everything I mean the headers, the desktop images and pretty much my entire tumblr now. We shall all be like Shireen on that gif on the right.
  • There was a new interview with Liam Cunnigham this week and he had this to say about Stephen - “Oh, and his acting choices. I’ll give you an example. When I got back from Blackwater and I was on the rock and burnt to bits, we rehearsed that scene. And this is a man I’ve been breaking my back for for a long time. His first line was, “I thought you were dead.” And most actors, they’d stand up and there’d be a moment of recognition, that one of the family had returned. Stephen decides he’ll sit down, with his back to me, and he just looked over his shoulder for a moment when he says, “I thought you were dead.” He gave me nothing! That was really brave, because most would go for sympathy or emotion, but Stephen has no desire to be liked. He just doesn’t give a fuck! But for me, it’s brilliant for the scene! Because that’s how my character feels, like, “Is that all I’m going to get?!” It’s a wonderful, wonderful thing we have, that power shift. Stephen’s a joy, a joy”.
  • I really hope Stephen is gonna have some fun next year - he was just stuck in such depressing scenes for 3 years and now hopefully Kit's puppy face will make them fun for him. Also the fact that bitches in the realm are gonna respect him now.
  • I also hope people will randomly begin shouting 'Stannis! Stannis!' when they see him, throw rose petals at him on the street and bring babies to him for a blessing.
  • This is what awaits us in season 5:
  • Oh, this is gonna be a laugh riot. Kit interacting with Stephen. Puppy eyes and Stannis motherfucking Baratheon. Oh, My. God. 'His Grace is growing fond of you' <3333
  • It would be insane of me if I started the countdown now. Insane...
  • I held Storm’s End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. TELL ME, TURNCLOAK, WHAT BATTLES HAS THE BASTARD OF BOLTON WON THAT I SHOULD FEAR HIM?
  • 9 MONTHS 9 MONTHS
  • Alex lists 39 things he loves about The Silence of the Lambs
  • m.brown reviews Mystic River
  • Brittani recaps Game of Thrones finale The Children
  • MettelRay writes about season 4 of Game of Thrones
  • Courtney reviews Under the Skin
  • For Father's Day Ruth chooses some great movie dads
  • Fisti shares visual reviews of Jane Campion's films
  • Having seen screencaps from Savage Grace, in which Stephen is naked...this is one accurate meme.
  • RELATED POSTS:

    40 comments:

    1. First, thanks for the linkage!

      Second, while I don't watch Thrones yet (I will eventually!) I have to agree with you that the spoilerish nature that many of the upcoming episodes are being handled is bizarre. I mean, I know shit about this show that I shouldn't, especially considering I've seen 0 episodes!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! :)

        The issue here is that they throw so many info at the fans some of which are just lies or premature hints. Book readers are almost as in the dark as non book readers because the show is often venturing into fan fiction lately, which considering the quality of source material is just wrong.

        Delete
    2. Thank you for the link, Sati! Oh wow, that scene at the top, Stannis looks so calm as the guy was charging towards him, it's like he knew there'd be a horse to stop him! Hey, Dillane looks good in that medieval outfit btw ;-)

      So you have 9 months to wait until next season?? Oh my, I feel for ya girl, that is a LONG time!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Ain't nobody hurting Stannis :) As he himself said 'I'm not that easily killed, men have been trying for years" :)

        It is :/ and then Stannis is usually in 20 minutes of footage per season :P

        Delete
      2. That's too bad to hire such an actor and not use him as much. But then again GoT has such a huge cast! Well I hope Dillane got more prominent roles that gives him more screen time. I'm hoping the same for Toby after Black Sails ;)

        Delete
    3. I love that new banner you created based on Under the Skin. I wanna see that again. It's so fucking good.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't seen it yet, I hope it's good because if I hate it I'm gonna need to do a new one :)

        Delete
    4. I've been following this blog for a little over a year, and during all of your crushes I must say I feel this specific one is like heroine to you, I can almost feel for you. And I will see no Emilia Clarke for 9 months, yes, I know she may not be Daenerys from the book but I like her, the character and the woman. Ahhh, those lips and that body...
      What Lena Headey did wasn't very nice of her. Although the Unsullied (like me, all I know about the future of the plot is LS and Margery's rupture :D:D, god, I laughed so hard when I heard that) would have no idea of what that meant. But her Cersei's bitterness is the best, perhaps she likes the character a bit too mich
      Thrones has become super famous. I was jogging the other day and some random guys (at 10 pm.) said 'The Lannisters always pay their debts'. This is crazy. It has become so much more popular since season 3.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thankfully Dillane did a number of TV shows and movies and I still have a bunch of those to see :) Emilia is doing movies now, so that's something to watch during hiatus I think she looks even prettier in real life with dark hair.

        Hahahah Margaery's rupture :P Season 5 will be quite eventful for her and Cersei.

        Oh yes the show is becoming more and more popular each year, I only wish it would also become better and better each year as well.

        Delete
      2. Let's hope it will become better. I'm thinking of reading the 4th book now because people are telling me how good the books are, and since I've read the 1st one they really a nuanced and detailed. Especially now that there will be no TV show for months. And I expect that HBO will try to make something that will be remembered, something extraordinary for its story, its budget and its popularity (as if it isn't already, but there's always place for improvement, like following the books). This's really make them look so much better compared to everyone else.

        Delete
      3. Books 4 and 5 are not as good as 1-3, but there are some excellent chapters there, also the story is basically at the same time, 4+5 are one book but it was split by publisher so it's possible they will both be basis for s5 with only a bit left for s6 - still given how much story is left for Martin to tell it seems to me 7 seasons is not going to be enough.

        Delete
      4. Yeah, 7 seasons's a little too little. Maybe HBO will leave a ton of cash for an 8th season and they'll have it continued.

        Delete
      5. I just hope they won't ask D&D back for final one, they have contract for 7 seasons and I'm sure Martin won't be keen on them butchering his ending whatever it may be.

        Delete
    5. Now I want to see your Stoneheart gifs! I'm annoyed with Lena's trolling too. The Walking Dead actors/showrunners/writers troll fans all the time. I hold GoT to a higher standard, damn it!

      I too look forward to all the Stannis/Jon scenes at the Wall. Add Davos and Sam in there and it will be even better.

      Thank you for the link and I love your new banner!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. As for my LS artwork - http://littlesati.tumblr.com/tagged/mine%3A-lady-stoneheart - it is wildly unpopular :lol:

        Headey is nuts but being nuts and mean to fandom is not the combo that I appreciate.

        I hope Stannis says his 'if it wasn't for my Hand' line next season. I wouldn't blame all involved if they just burst out laughing :)
        You're welcome and thank you!

        Delete
    6. Thanks for the link, girl! And I'm loving your new header, which makes me believe you've seen Under the Skin and liked it as much as I did :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Haven't seen it yet, but hopefully will soon ^^

        Delete
    7. I honestly feel like a little kid sitting at the grown ups table with all this f--king Game of Thrones talk. I like the words that people are saying...I just don't know what they mean. Awww.

      Anyway, thanks for the link! You are the best, like, um, that one guy from GoT. The one with the sword and the angry face. Oh, and he has a horse. And a...beard.

      [I will forever equate my own personal joy with the fact that dolphins can not only hear me, but can also understand me. FUCKING BRILLIANT!]

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You can always just watch it! :P

        You're welcome! The one with the sword protects the king so that would be me :D

        Seriously that is how my fangirl joy sounds. Ecstatic dolphins :) It's the same language, probably ^^

        Delete
      2. I should just watch it...but the f--king time investment is insane at this point! Remember, I've only seen the first FIVE episodes.

        Maybe if I break my leg and get divorced, I'll have the time for this.

        Delete
    8. Like I wrote in my recap of season 4, I think the dynamic with Jon and Stannis will be awesome. I feel as if they are a bit similar in a way. Both the second sons and a bit too serious sometimes.. man, could this be as amazing as the duos we have had in previous seasons (minus this one)? I think so!

      Thank you for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well they are similar in a way they both had brothers who got all the glory while they got all the misery :) I hope they will get decent amount of screentime in s5

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    9. AWWWWWWW, that last picture! And lol at the caption.

      I guess you liked Under the Skin by your header? Awesome! Can't wait to see it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't seen it yet but I hope it's gonna be great :)

        Delete
    10. Thanks for the link! Love the new header... are you going to review Under the Skin soon? Can't wait to read it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I haven't seen it yet but I'll definitely review it when I do!

        Delete
    11. Is that Black Swan icon you have now?

      9 months indeed, gosh I just can't wait and that's insane. It's silly but neither Jon Snow nor Stannis' stories weren't my favourites after this season both of them grew on me so much that actually I'm most excited to see their scenes, besides that I'm only looking forward to see some Dorne (and maybe someone who'll be able to at least try to replace Oberyn:(, but that's very unlikely).

      I need Winds of Winter to make this wait bearable.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is! :)

        I cannot wait for the Northern storyline, I hope Stannis will finally have a lot of scenes.

        I doubt we will see WoW during the hiatus :/ We'll be lucky if it's published before s6 :( I really wish it was Martin who finishes the story not people who don't think Stoneheart should be in season 4 ending.

        Delete
      2. Stunning icon! Odile's coda was such an amazing scene.

        At this point I think that either Martin doesn't realise how serious the situation has became or he's dumb enough to simply not giving a crap about his own work.

        Delete
      3. Thank you! :) It's my fav movie and I can't have GoT icons now because I'm gonna miss it too much :)

        I think he is either trolling us and has everything written or just stopped caring or he doesn't know how to do resolve the story and it's kinda like this Meereenese knot thing he said in book 5 that he didn't know what to do with that plot so it took him so much time to write it. I'm not optimistic about this whole thing :/

        Delete
    12. Yeah, I get that! I'm having GoT withdrawals myself right now and during my Storm of Swords reread I'm getting closer to Red Wedding, I already see those tears coming. :D

      Yeah I think he might as well be a troll, I think that his publisher said something in January about book being published early in 2015 but it's probably only a rumour spread by Martin just to torture us a little more.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really don't know what he is doing. It's his life's work and he must know the ending, so why not just finish the series? Insane.

        Delete
    13. Kit Harrington and Dillane were my favorite things this past season. Although Dillane was grossly under used. Seriously they could have contained all of Dany's scenes to one episode this season, if that. Then we could have had more Stannis. Kit has really developed as Jon Snow. He's definitely my favorite "Stark" child.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Jon is my favorite too, the others are just so boring now. Arya is ruthless and not in a fun to watch way, Sansa annoys the shit out of me and the youngest ones are either not there or boring :)

        Delete
    14. Sorry to hear that Lena disappointed you this week. I'm not into GoT so I'm a little unclear about what she did...and she's still a goddess to me.

      Stannis is something else. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She led fans to believe something highly anticipated would happen this season and then she tried saying that what she posted wasn't a hint and she was drunk. So she came off not only as liar and a troll who doesn't give a shit about a fanbase but also like someone highly irresponsible who hyped the event which was not featured leading to tremendous backlash against the show. She is lucky she plays main character - had I been a producer she would be recast or killed off in a matter of seconds.

        He really is :)

        Delete
    15. The Stannis love is real in this post! I'm loving it. I really like that people are finally seeing Stannis not for a mopey guy like the show occasionally made the error of portraying, but for the guy who gets stuff done. I think this nine months is going to be a long wait!! As for Lena Headey, that was so cruel, particularly as she had clearly read the script for the final episode and knew that it wouldn't happen. Not cool at all!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The Stannis love is real in my heart :P I so hope they will do his storyline justice next season and maybe we even get to see him swing Lightbringer around :D

        Delete
    16. At this point I think I'll just wait to binge-watch the entire GoT series once it's over. I'm way too behind to catch up and wait for the next season. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Plus that way during hiatus you don't feel depressed :) I have so many shows to watch and I usually just watch it season after season, I'd not be able to keep track on when what airs :)

        Delete