Saturday, November 8, 2014

(156) The feels + links

By Sati. Saturday, November 8, 2014
  •  This is not gonna be...varied. I did three things this week. I occasionally slept. I worked hard (still got yelled at, though). And I fangirled like crazy over Mark Ruffalo and especially his character in Begin Again.
  • Watching Begin Again was fun. Halloween, 3 AM and I'm yelling KISS HIM YOU FOOL at my computer. Then it turned into dramatic rendition of DON'T WALK AWAY followed by RUN AFTER HER, MARK! and then it was just a lot of ugly sobbing.
  • Oh, for fuck's sake. Why would you end that movie this way?
  •  This scene which I obviously gifed has now become my favorite scene of the year. Mother of God this defeated Amy Dunne.
  • The way he grabbed her hand and pulled her into that club (above, first gif in the post)...I am not emotionally, psychologically or you know, in general equipped to handle all of this.
  • Seriously those of you who are fine with the ending - look at above gifs - are you telling me that this is how friends look at each other?
  • There are people calling Ruffalo's character Dan a 'hobo idiot' .
  • ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
  • This so serious. I made 3 gifsets of him already. Check out this one I made. My karma should be awesome for bringing you all of this. 
  • The third gif is so important. The third gif in bottom row is important too. All of them are really very important:
  • Dan had issues in the beginning but when he started to get his life together he was so sweet and cool. I'd date the shit out of this guy. I loved everything about him. His clothes. His references. His dance moves. So good.
  •  Also - comparing to me he is a picture of emotional stability. I'm being absolutely serious here. You think this guy is a mess? You've seen nothing.
  •  Oh man if I was fangirling before, this is now the next level of fangirling - double fangirling when it's the actor and the character at the same time.
  • I know I gave the movie 7,5 but I think the most accurate measure of how much I like a film regardless of its flaws is how many gifs from it I made. This is just from this week. and I so rarely do subtitles because it's more hassle but boy, was it worth to do that here. "JODIE FOSTER FROM TAXI DRIVER!!!"
  •  I also saw The Brothers Bloom. It was very stylish and the cast was great but the script was so scattered - what was the point? The whole intrigue was almost impossible to follow and I did watch the movie very intently. I really like Rian Johnson but I have no idea what the hell that movie was supposed to be. I don't know, maybe I was just overwhelmed by all the moments Mark almost got shot, pretended he got shot or actually got shot. That was distressing.
  • So after I watched it I was going through the descriptions of movies with Mark and I found the one where he plays a sex addict.
  • Obviously I had to see it immediately.
  • Jesus Christ. That gifset has 40,000 notes by the way.
  • Oh yeah what about a movie you may ask. Well it was called Thanks for Sharing and it was actually quite nice indie movie, Gwyneth Paltrow playing (although is it playing if you are technically being yourself?) stuck up bitch again aside. It was less heavy than Shame but more serious than Don Jon. 
  • I also saw Just Like Heaven and Normal Heart but let's leave the thoughts on those for the next RF because we are about to overdose on sexy gifs.
  • Yes I literally done so much Ruffling this week one RF won't take it all.
  • I'm gonna see In the Cut tonight. Few days ago I took a quick peak and I blushed. There is some serious Meg Ryan moans like crazy and for a good reason shit in there.
  • I see a lot of people referring to Mark that he plays everyman roles, ordinary guys. Excuse me, but in what universe is all of that lovely ordinary? And if it is - where exactly are those guys?
  • And finally - I think someone should have a serious boundaries talk with Chris Evans
  • Ask and you shall receive  - you know how I talk of the magic of Halloween? Well, miracles happen on Halloween. And I have an actual proof to show you that they do:
  • That's right. It's the second picture of Stephen hanging out with the cast of Game of Thrones. This is more rare than a picture of UFO or Lena Dunham looking like an actual human being.
  • The scruff! The scruff!
  • You gotta love Carice's cat ears and the fact she actually stood up and got out of the way not to block people.
  • I decided to postpone the blogathon, I'm not sure when I'll announce it. There have been fewer comments here lately, given how many blogs I do visit the feedback isn't great, so it doesn't look like it's a good time for a blog event. That would be my what? Second blogathon? So I just want more than 5 people to join. 
  • Also I'm really exhausted - I was the only assistant with 3 judges this week  (normally we get 2) with a work load for two weeks to do in 5 days. I cannot extend my fingers fully because I typed so much they are in spasm.
  • Idris Elba made me laugh so hard this week. His comments on Thor 2 were so brutally honest. I think it was horrible of him to complain like that but the way this article is written and imagining stuff he is talking about combined with his pride of Mandela (really?) is hysterical. "‘24 hours ago, I was Mandela.’ When I walked into the set the extras called me Madiba. I was literally walking in this man’s boots." - this is so fucking hilarious.
  • I was gonna scold Nolan but he backed out of these claims. Bitchy bullet point avoided.
  • Robert Downey Jr.'s baby girl was born! And of course she was given a seriously strange name. 
  • In other news Benedict Cumberbatch got engaged. Can you hear the sound of hearts breaking, gigantic boxes of ice cream and wine bottles being opened and Sarah Maclachlan's songs playing in the background?
  • Alex and Brittani review Nightcrawler
  • Alex also chooses 10 unsung performances in Chris Nolan's films.
  • m.brown writes about All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
  • Ruth asks about your fav performances from Sam Rockwell as part of her Five for Fifth
  • Nostra looks at the many faces of amazing Rosamund Pike
  • Josh shares his Oscar predictions
  • Elina wrote a beautiful post about Modern Family
  • RELATED POSTS:

    40 comments:

    1. Sorry to admit I had to skip the Begin Again portion of this post. I've been wanting to see it since forever and I'm trying to avoid spoilers. :( Ruffalo is so cute in 13 Going On 30 though!
      I look forward to your blogathon! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really hope you'll see it soon!

        Oh yes! The whole dollhouse thing!

        Delete
    2. I can't believe Cumberbatch is getting married. At least there's still Hiddleston.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know right? They are all going off the market! Hiddles will probably apologize once he gets engaged, he is polite to extreme :)

        Delete
    3. You are gonna LOVE all the Ruffling going on in In the Cut haha. Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was so gooood :P

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    4. I liked the idea behind the Begin Again ending but it didn't sell completely to me.
      Rinko Kikuchi's character in Brothers Bloom is one of my favourite supporting characters ever! Her scenes with Ruffalo especially. I had a similar reaction as you when I first saw the film but it got better upon a rewatch.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. She was a lot of fun! I liked her chemistry with everyone in the movie and her and Ruffs were so funny together.

        Delete
    5. 'Well, miracles happen on Halloween. And I have an actual proof to show you that they do:
      That's right. It's the second picture of Stephen'. ;d Nice one! The next time miracles happen is Christmas, but it's 1 & a half months away ;d.
      Tormund probably can't eat soup with that beard ;d.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. If Stephen emerged again for Christmas that would still be super often, so far we have two pictures from this year's shooting :)

        He probably uses a straw all the time :P

        Delete
    6. YES GIRL! Welcome to the Ruffalo club! He's such an awesome actor...and yes, he's attractive (in a very 'come hither' kind of way).

      Begin Again was my everything last week. I actually just dropped my review, but I walked away in love with a different actor :-P

      I hope you survived 'In the Cut'...or did you pass out when you saw his...cut...

      I hope you push forward with your blogathon! Sorry if my comments have been lacking here. I've been so busy with work and trying to keep my blog going and trying to stay focused on Twice a Best Actress that I've totally slacked on even visiting other blogs. I also really need to weed out my blog roll...because I follow so many blogs that don't care to even peak at mine and they take up all the space on my blog roll that I find I'm missing when blogs I do like and that like me actually post something new!

      I hate Robert Downey Jr. He's a douche and that baby name is douchy.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is so ridiculously sexy. My God.

        So glad you loved Begin Again, what a gem of a movie. It was so light and effortlessly charming.

        I nearly passed out when he came on to her. The way he did that was seriously hot.

        I really hate that there are people out there with blogs that we visit so often and they won't even bother with coming by once a week even to say 'hey thanks for the visit'. I mean this is how the community works - you need to explore and it's basic kindness to at least check out the site of someone who visited. I clear my blog roll of people like that very often because this kind of thing pisses me off and I already read so many blogs.

        Haha I don't think I knew you didn't like RDJ :P

        Delete
      2. I separate actor and person often, so even though I find his off screen presence to be...douchy as fuck...I have personally nominated him and even given him a win, but I don't rush out to see his new movies since he seems to like to play himself now, and I don't think he's that wonderful of a person.

        Back in 08, when he lost the Oscar to Heath Ledger, there was talk about how he was pissed at the Globes for losing and said that the only reason he lost was because the frontrunner was dead and they wanted to honor him. Now, I thought that Downey Jr. should have won the Oscar, but the level of douchy disrespect was astonishing to me. Like...shut your effing mouth and have some class.

        He just has one of those faces I want to punch...lol.

        Delete
      3. I really admire him for overcoming his addiction issues, that is just miraculous thing to do. And I adore how nice he is to his fans, but yeah altely he has been acting insanely arrogant. It's understandable though, he is on the top of the world right now.

        Well normally I'd agree with him but Ledger was better than him and he would win if he were alive. Hell, Fiennes in In Bruges was better too so that'd make RDJ #3 for me that year.

        Delete
    7. "Yes I literally done so much Ruffling " - that's a nice verb for the future generations.. but it would only work with Mark and I'm fine with it.

      I get your work thing now.. I seem to spend a lot more time at work now.. and I had to move last week so I pretty much had no off days in between and that's why I have been absent from commenting. I've been reading your posts though, and I'd love to leave a "like" or something just to show I was here but blogspot doesn't have that option.

      Also, what is it with celebrities and baby names.. there seem to be very few normal ones out there and completely outrageous ones as well. Pilot Inspector is an actual name of a kid somewhere in America living off the money his parent is making.. why!?

      PS: I'm sorry for the typos, this computer doesn't have grammar check so this comment might have many mistakes..

      PSS: I'm thinking about watching Begin Again soon.. but your comment in regards to its ending kind of scares me, I'm all about the romance these days and I've been enjoying the rom-com's way too much for my personal taste.

      NB: This is Mettel.. for some reason the thing wants me to comment as anon... weird.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really don't like that 'like' button wordrpess has, I know a lot of bloggers from that platform hate it - not a good feeling that people have the time to click but they don't have anything to say about the stuff bloggers wrote.

        The names are so odd these days, which is crazy because English names are so gorgeous.

        It's still worth seeing just for all the Mark :)

        Delete
    8. It's a Halloween miracle! Stephen Dillane was spotted in the wild!
      Mark Ruffalo is one of those actors that classes up any movie he's in.
      I read that Idris Elba interview and I get the impression that Thor 2 was not a happy set. Alan Taylor did not seem happy playing Marvel's game, Natalie Portman was supposedly ticked that Patty Jenkins left the project and these comments from Idris. I kind of think he had a hard time letting Mandela go as an actor. I am sure he got a phone call from Joss Whedon.
      I did not think Nolan's comments were that bad. If DC did the post credits scene, they'd be accused of copying Marvel (who has used that so well to establish and tie their universe together), so it's better they do their own thing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. YES! It's the rarest thing of all :)

        Well I think it's safe to assume at least Tom Hiddleston was happy. He is always happy :)

        Yeah but I think Nolan was putting Marvel movies down as 'not real movies'. I really hate those uptight comments about comic books adaptations - Marvel movies are so much more entertaining than most of the movies out these days, some of Nolan's included.

        Delete
    9. I expect a dedicated list in RF on Ruffalo and you didn't disappoint! Hey you can pretty much call it Ruffalo Friday then :D And hey, look at scruffy Stephen there, he looks so mellow even in a bar w/ all his cast members, ahah.

      Bummer about the Blogathon, hey whenever you decide to do it, I'll still definitely participate!

      I like Idris but his comments are getting on my nerves. I mean it's not professional to complain when there are others who are in the same camp as him, and he gets paid a ton of $$$ for his work. Besides, it's not like his Mandela movie was a masterpiece or anything. I mean you don't even see the likes of Ben Kingsley complaining being in a Marvel movie.

      Congrats Benedict, oh boy, those Cumberbitches must be holding a vigil every night to mourn the loss of bachelor days, ha!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I could :D It all fits ^^

        I really don't like when people 1. are employed 2. agree to do the movie 3. get paid tons of cash and they choose to complain about it. Shut your trap and do your job. It's not like any of them is being forced to do this or does it for free. He should have known there will be sequels, hell there was a whole point about it in his contract I'm sure. Yet he acts like it's beneath him - funny thing is that this second Thor movie was about 3 times better than Mandela and most of the films he does.

        Delete
    10. Oh my, where are my manners... THANK YOU for the link! Glad you love Rockwell too! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Yeah I cannot wait for Laggies!

        Delete
    11. "...so much Ruffling this week..." I didn't know this was a term, but now it's something I must do. The guy is f--king great in everything. I love it. Very odd coincidence that we almost watched In the Cut last night (the wife and I). We instead opted for passing the f--k out.

      Thanks for the link, as always. I know I haven't been around much (not that I ever was), but if you ever need a participant in a blogathon, I'm there. You just might have to send me a message directly...as my mind has withered away into nothingness.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's a term one comes up with after several drinks were drunk at the end of work week :) Seriously? That's a good movie to see with your wife :) No passing out after that one I think.

        You're welcome! I may try to announce it in December, I still need to polish it up a bit anyways.

        Delete
    12. Thanks a lot for the mention of my Many Faces post Sati! Seeing how much Mark Ruffalo love you show in your post I will try to make a Many Faces of post as soon as I can of him :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh that would be so awesome! ^^

        Delete
      2. And done: http://www.myfilmviews.com/2014/11/14/many-faces-mark-ruffalo/

        Delete
    13. Weird. I swear I left a comment here, but my phone hates me.

      I actually like that Begin Again ended that way. It felt different compared to everything else. That being said, I wouldn't have been angry if they DID get together too. That last hug was sweet.

      Thanks for the link :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. For me there is no greater bummer than a woman NOT ending up with Ruffalo at the end of the film especially when the character he is playing is this awesome :)

        Delete
    14. I've been checking your blog for a while but this is the first time I'm commenting. You have a very funny way of writing. I like that.
      I was surprised by how much I adored Begin Again. And that scene with the splinter is one of my favorite of the year. This film has so much joy in it. And it's smarter and better than your average feel good flick. And yes, Mark Ruffalo is a fantastic in it as in many films. I agree with Brothers Bloom being messy. Despite that I liked it. It's also filmed in my country, Romania. That's where Penelope's castle is from.
      Keep up the good writing and have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

        Begin Again was such a surprise for me too, I thought it was going to be just another forgettable indie but it had such an impact on me, both in good way given the majority of events and the bad way with how much the ending bummed me out. But Mark was a joy to watch from start to finish.

        Delete
    15. Glad you liked Begin Again! Was definitely a pleasant surprise for me - Keira Knightley is certainly having a good year.
      I wasn't a fan of Thanks for Sharing, but I really did like the idea of it. For me the highlight was Pink's monologue - she killed it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Pink was so good! i was surprised with her work, she really gave a decent and warm performance

        Delete
    16. Thank you for that link!!!

      What is Avri Roel Downey even? I love how enthusiastic you are about Mark, he is so cool AND you didn't hate Now You See Me, which I really really liked when I saw it. I don't care that I don't have time for anything at all, I need to see that sex addict film. Omg. It sounds beautiful.

      The new music (maybe not new but I usually have my own music playing so I don't hear yours) is AWESOME by the way!!! <3<3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Oh God he is so hot in Now you See Me, I'm really glad they want to make a sequel to that. It is beautiful, well Mark is beautiful and all of his sex talk :D

        It's from Begin Again ^^

        Delete
    17. Photos of Stephen Dillane out in the wild are so rare that it's genuinely thrilling to see another one. I too am a fan of Carice's cat ears!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's really as rare as Solar eclipse :)

        Delete
    18. Thanks for the link!

      Haha, I LOVE that you're getting so much out of Begin Again. :)

      I saw Thanks for Sharing last year, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I even had P!nk and Josh Gad in my longlists for Best Supporting Actress/Actor.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        That was a great movie, I only wish it ended differently...

        They were both really good in the film! Loved their storyline

        Delete