Friday, November 28, 2014

(159) *rawrrr* + links

By Sati. Friday, November 28, 2014
  • Happy Thanksgiving guys! Let me use that opportunity to thank you all for visiting and commenting here on the blog and especially on my rapid descent into madness Rambling Friday series! Are you ready for tonight's entry? It's a wild one.
  • I am very thankful for the ability to take a day off which I did and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. God, I'm getting turned on just thinking about everyone having to deal with their shit on their own because I won't be there to do it for them. OH YEAH BABY.
  • I'm also thankful for Mark Ruffalo. So very, very, very thankful.
  • To celebrate Mark's birthday I made a gifset of Detective Fuzzy Bear Cuddles Toschi.
  • It has come to this. I'm jealous of a hamburger. And every single animal cracker in this film.
  • I also made that gifset. It was just impossible for me....you know, not to make that gifset.
  • On Saturday which was Mark's birthday Just Like Heaven was on TV which was an amazing coincidence. I'm getting soft in my old age - how I wept during that ending.
  • Mark was on Tonight Show last week. I really think he should be on lockdown or something. It's not safe for anyone to have this much adorable out there in the public -----------> 
  • I rarely find out anything from Jimmy Fallon's interviews but he is super nice. He is like an excited fangirl towards everyone who comes over to his show which is delightful especially comparing to guys like David Letterman who more often than not acts as if he had no fucking clue who these people are. And I really like how Fallon does all those games with his guests. Mark was in one too which was also bordering on making me die from all of that lovely, but this was the best part of the interview:
  •  Then this happened:
  • Oh dear God.
  • It's finally here!:
  • The look on his face when he is listening to Jessica is incredible - he looks so attentive and there's this sparkle in his eyes. "There was...really pretty people..and then ME". Oh, Mark.
  • OK let's direct your attention to two photographs now.
  • First there's this one. If I was a Christian I'd run straight to church after seeing this. My God it's impossible not to stare at the particular...section of his pants that photo.
  • [rant mode] Speaking of the photo and Catholic Church - that is the picture from the set of Spotlight where Mark plays a reporter who goes after the church priests who abused children. I'm not sure how many of my readers are aware of this since I rarely venture into subjects other than 1. movies 2. TV 3. my dog 4. my shit hair 5. my shit job, but I consider Catholic church to be one of the most evil, sick and criminal organizations in the history of the world. It has nothing to do with religion - I think everyone should be free to believe in whatever they like so I have no problem with people being Christians. But as for an organization, for something that abusive, hypocritical and awful to exist and not only not pay for its crimes and millions of victims they hurt and killed over the centuries, but have the audacity to actually behave they have any say in what is right or wrong while they are holding the progress of this world hostage, enabling more hurt and pain towards raped women, forcing the births of children who when born only experience pain, contributing to depriving good people who just want to have children never getting a chance to have them and - finally - hurting innocent kids they are scarring for life among many, many others crimes - is making me psychically sick. 
  • You can imagine how fun it is for me to live in a country where most people are Christians and where we have crosses hanging on the walls in school classes, especially since my own religion is something that would get me burnt alive by these 'people'. And I don't necessarily mean - back in Middles Ages. Thanks to Catholic Church the mentality from back then is still in place today. [rant over]
  • But my point is - the only thing that would be more perfect is if Mark was after dog killers in that movie. Because those shits are still the worst on Earth.
  • Then there's this! Yes! Dylan Rhodes is coming back! Give him time to grow the curls! And the scruff! And give him a suit and a gun! And for the love of God make him shirtless in this one!
  • I usually have news station on in the background and I heard this this week. I'm so fucking thrilled.
  • Metrosexuals are the worst. Guys like Ryan Gosling probably spend more time on their facial hair during one day than I spend on my actual hair during one week. Oh, hell, during one month. Yep, still didn't find the time and energy to go to professional and dye them. I'm starting to look like Streep in Into the Woods.
  • Anyways the guys like that do absolutely nothing for me and they are everywhere nowadays. I feel they spend more money on beauty products and spend more time in dressing rooms than women.
  • Look at this. This is a proper man. And then there is this lovely Foxcatcher moment:
  • So good, so good. He looks like he could hunt with bare hands and chop down the entire forest.
  • Though he would actually never chop down a tree because he protects the environment. 
  • Oh, but it's nice imagining what it would look like if he did...
  • Now I'm imagining him with a power drill.... and a hammer....in tight jeans....
  • ... 
  • ...
  • ...
  • *rawwrrr*
  • Let's move on. We definitely need to move on now.
  •  There were several new trailers released in the last few weeks. There's Pan which looks to me like a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, Hugo and Stardust so it's like a mixture of not one, not two, but three different kinds of shit. But it has Garrett Hedlund in it and he is hot. Mara will have zero chemistry with him, though. She is not good doing something like this and she is so wrong for the part she is playing for so many reasons already.
  • We got our first sneak peak at Jurassic World movie. I don't particularly care for that franchise but it has Chris Pratt which is always lovely - though we can safely assume the fact that they are going for the serious vibe here will harm both his performance and the film overall - and it's wonderful to see Bryce Dallas Howard again:
  • James Cameron on Avatar sequels - " I can tell you one thing about them, they’re gonna be bitchin’. You will shit yourself with your mouth wide open". Do these people hear themselves? 
  • Hugh Laurie is joining Veep! There are rumors that since Selina is now the president Laurie will play her VP. This is gonna be so hilarious, I miss the show so much and I already rewatched the available 3 seasons so many times in the last few months.
  • Into the Woods was screened for some critics and the word is Streep and Pine are stand outs. I just hope I'll live long enough to see Blunt get nominated for something because this is ridiculous.
  • Speaking of, the Best Actress race is turning....disgusting. Hilary Swank is campaigning her ass off for some role in some bleak western while Rosamund Pike is not campaigning because she simply can't - she is too far into her pregnancy. So what is happening is that Swank's chances are increasing while Pike are decreasing because...she is not whoring herself in interviews and on red carpets because she is expecting a baby. I mean....what the fuck?
  • Let's talk about Independent Spirit Awards Nominations. This is batshit insane - Foxcatcher apparently had the budget of over 20 million dollars (...how?) so the film was illegible for nominations, but they are still giving the trio of actors the special award just like Gotham Awards did. This hopefully means that Mark will be there for me to shamelessly stare at him. Although - I mean it's great they are getting something but it seems kind of strange - what is this? We cannot decide which of you was best so we are just gonna give out collective prize?
  • But the worst thing is the snub of Begin Again. Come on. Mark was freaking wonderful in this. Never mind the fact that Dan is my dream man but Mark was just fantastic in the role. 
  • I saw Theory of Everything last weekend. It was...fine. The best thing about the movie was the original score which was just stunning. Also - Daenerys' brother was in the film! I thought the performances were good but not Oscar worthy - Redmayne's performance is very good and the physicality of it is so difficult but Jones really didn't have this much to do to for it to warrant the awards talk.
  • As much as I disliked watching Interstellar I am enjoying making gifs from it.
  • Here's the honest trailer for Love Actually. I only saw 3 or 4 episodes of The Walking Dead but that reference was hilarious.
  • Brittani writes about Independent Spirit Awards nominations
  • Josh chooses 10 Underrated Performances from 2014 That I'm Thankful For 
  • Nika reviews Interstellar
  • Sidekickreviews  and Dan review Foxcatcher and Ruth got a chance to talk to the movie's director Bennett Miller
  • Alex reviews Whiplash
  • RELATED POSTS:

    41 comments:

    1. That Pan trailer did look awful, but I'm looking forward to Jurassic World.

      Laurie is joining Veep? Yessss!

      Thanks for the link! I'm thankful for your beautiful blog.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Owww, thanks! :) So excited about Hugh, this is gonna be so funny!

        Delete
    2. Hilary may be fighting for the Oscar this year, but I don't think she has a chance. No one has seen her movie and she's won two Oscars already. I really do feel like it's Rosamund's year...I hope!

      Ha, i love that Cameron quote. All I can say is I'll believe it when I see it. 'Avatar' was basically 'Fern Gully' meets 'Dances with Wolves.' Great graphics, but the storyline was terrible. I am grateful though, if only b/c they've since adopted the technology for other films, like 'Gravity.' I have serious doubts the 'Avatar' sequels will cause me to do what Cameron said.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think Ros will get nominated but I don't think anyone stands a chance against Moore this year...

        I was so damn bored during Avatar and I ended up giving it 3/10. The film had such a ridiculous, cliche story. No visuals in the world could save it and the colors of the film kinda looked like puke and fuchsia so this was another thing that didn't impress me.

        Delete
    3. I don't like the Pan trailer very much either.

      Hugh Laurie as Selina Meyer's VP?.... MOTHERFUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

      I don't want Hilary Swank to get another Oscar. I saw that cover photo of the actresses where everyone else looked classy and a bit normal while Hilary just tried so hard to stand out in a state of glamour. I hate people who do these things to get an Oscar nod. If she steals Rosamund Pike's Oscar nod. It's time to knock the bitch out. Hell, let's call Scarlett Johansson and give Swank a good Scar-Jo Stunna!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not even sure what the hell is up with the hype for her to begin with, I think it's a first somewhat decent movie she had out in years and perhaps the category really lacks contenders this year. There are also those actresses who are really not that talented having all those 'let's look like shit' performances - Witherspoon, Aniston etc. and it's just...not cool how they are even getting as much attention as the genuinely amazing performances

        Delete
      2. That's one of the reasons why I sort of despise awards season. There's a vanity to these performances where these actors and actresses try to prove themselves to be taken seriously. It's Oscar-bait at its worst.

        Delete
      3. I really wish they had the balls to award someone like Pike this year. Moore really doesn't deserve an Oscar for Still Alice and Pike's work is the kind of performance that is truly brilliant, without relaying on baity material.

        Delete
    4. I saw a man on the bus the other day and I swear, he looked like Mark from the back. :D

      Also, I thought Swank would campaign for You're Not You because it seems low budgety and she plays a woman who has ALS and it's actually quite good. I liked Rossum's role in there more though and I want her to get awards too - I think Emmy deserves them since Shameless seems to be getting no love what so ever from the big awards. :/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh God. The curls!

        I heard of this movie, it looks interesting! I think they just went with the other one because Tommy Lee Jones is a big name too.

        Delete
    5. I don't pay attention to Oscar hype until like three days for the actual ceremony. Still, that's pretty disheartening to hear about Swank and Pike. Fun post, as always.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's really unfair there really should be no campaigning, the work should speak for itself.

        Delete
    6. To whoever thought of having Hugh Laurie join Veep, I am thankful for you (I know I'm late :P)

      I liked Swank in The Homesman, and she is in my Top 10 Lead Actress performances of the year, but there is no way she is overtaking Moore and Pike. They are simply too good, both of them are in my top 5 performances of the year.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Holy shit, you watch a lot of films! :) I hope I'll at least get to see all that will get nominations, I'm really gonna try to see Boyhood tomorrow at last

        Delete
      2. I developed my film obsession when I was really young, so from then on I just had to watch at least one or two movies a week. It used to be really bad, I would watch at least one movie per day, and my grades started falling because of that, but I've got a good control on it now. However, it always starts slipping because my school holidays and Oscar season coincide, so I want to make sure I watch at least most of the major Oscar contenders before the ceremony.

        I hope you enjoy Boyhood!

        Delete
      3. Oh I watch all the BP nominees, thank God for Christmas. But as for movies that came out between January-October I don't watch much of those.

        I thought it was good, but I wouldn't nominate it for anything.

        Delete
    7. " I can tell you one thing about them, they’re gonna be bitchin’. You will shit yourself with your mouth wide open"

      James Cameron, ladies and gentlemen. I think this dude has been smoking way too much unobtanium lately. What the f--k?

      Veep is the only show I kind of know anything about (30 minute runtime = f--king brilliant), and hearing Hugh's will be in it is nothing short of fantastic. I love that guy.

      Looking forward to your thoughts on Boyhood. I really wanted to see that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I had the chance to see Boyhood for months now, but 3 hours is so long, I don't think they are taking into account that people have lives when they make movies this long.

        Well not lives, but jobs at least.

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link! I loved that little vid of Mark and Chastain. So great when Mark says, "Wow," all nonchalant.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!:)

        Oh, Mark. I admire Chastain for actually being able to say the words and being coherent around him.

        Delete
    9. Did James Cameron really say that?? Wow.

      Hugh Laurie on Veep is going to be amazing. Any idea when season 4 starts? I finally finished season 3 a little while ago and I've been jonesing for more.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, Playlist quoted him and everything. Then he vomited some technology information about the sequels. I think he is going mad.

        April 2015 I think, same night as Game of Thrones probably, just like last year

        Delete
    10. I love your blog soooo much Sati. And I agree that Rosumand Pike might not get the Oscar for Amy (even though its probably one of THE finest performances I'e seen from an actor or actress in while, save for Rooney Mara as Lisbeth) cause she doesn't whore herself for the campaign. Fuck the Oscars. Still Alice will be forgotten in a few months while Gone Girl will be in cinema history for an eternity.
      Plus....I haven't seen you say anything about Mockingjay Part 1 in a while. Whats up with thst?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! And thanks so much for commenting!

        You are so right about Still Alice - it's just one of those movies that don't get attention except for one performance and I thought it was far from Moore's best work.

        Well I never wrote much on Hunger Games, I'm not a fan. I will see the last two films because of Natalie Dormer and Gwendoline Christie being in them, though.

        Delete
      2. Why your welcome :)

        Well, you're gonna be disappointed again as Natalie Dormer doesn't get that much screen time and Gwendoline won't appear until the next film. But I can definitely say it's the most mature of the three films and probably the one of the finest films I've seen this year. It's such an unconventional blockbuster film, it actually felt a lot like a modern war film. Hope you do catch it and write a review for it.

        Delete
      3. And as a side note...I know you hated Zero Dark Thirty( but I still loved it a lot) but this movie reminded me a lot about it in a certain scene at the end of it.

        Delete
      4. Yeah I heard Gwen is only in the next one. I'm not sure I'll review it, I have a lot of Oscar movies to see, although so far most of them have been too mediocre to write separate posts about.

        Delete
    11. Hilary Swank for The Homesman would be worthy of a nomination, if Tommy Lee Jones didn't fail her so much. In my review, she's fantastic in the beginning but halfway through her character takes a Carrie Bradshaw in the woods with Aiden squealey girly turn...It was so disappointing.

      It's hard to think of many nominations this year besides Rosamund Pike, and yes I'll say it Shailene for Fault in Our Stars (*please don't kill me Sati*). Other than that, there's nothing really going for any of the categories.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I saw Nightcrawler today and Gyllenhaal would be worthy nomination, I'm sure the guys in Foxcatcher are all amazing too. But actresses? Yeah, nothing truly outstanding but Pike.

        Delete
    12. Hey thanks so much for the link, glad you enjoyed the interview! WHOA!!! Where’s THIS photo of Mark comes from? http://31.media.tumblr.com/2681c02ee3462592e396a9e458cf2856/tumblr_nfgk7ratso1qgfbkmo7_250.gif Is it from a movie, if so my goodness I have to see that, he looks like some gorgeous Prince or something in that one, and THAT hair, he really has one of the best hair in Hollywood.

      Y’know I actually dug Jurassic World trailer though I was initially skeptical about it and yeah I’m w/ you, it’s wonderful to see Bryce Dallas Howard! She’s so beautiful and talented and I hated when they said some awful things about her gaining weight, heh.

      Oooh I haven’t seen that Love Actually trailer, ha..ha.. most people had no idea Lincoln was in that movie, even some of my friends who are nuts about The Walking Dead.

      Mwahahaha!!! That comment from Damon at the end is hilarious and I bet he's not kidding! I really need to rewatch Gone Girl and pause in that moment as I completely missed seeing THAT :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's Mark in Zodiac, he is so gorgeous in that. He plays a fantastic character too - he is like a teddy bear/tough cop :)

        Those things they wrote about her were so awful, I mean she just had a baby! So glad to see her again.

        There is a moment in the trailer where they mention how all those actors were in something more famous at one point in their career :)

        Oh a lot of people missed that, I'm not a fan of affleck but I actually noticed that...part of the scene :)

        Delete
      2. WOW, how in the world did I not know that?? I saw Zodiac not that long ago but yeah, Mark looks so gorgeous in it.

        I think Bryce Dallas Howard is so underrated, heck I think she could have all the roles given to Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone, I mean she's just as talented if not more and she's so beautiful!

        He..he.. well I'm not a fan of Affleck either, but I'm still curious to see it! I almost wish Jimmy Kimmel would have the three of them discuss it on his show, y'know how they sort of have a thing and Kimmel jokingly treat Ben as his husband, ahah.

        Delete
      3. Usually when I write above the movie I saw the attached gifsets are the ones I made from that, this week it's gonna be My Life Without Me.

        Bryce is so much better than Lawrence, I hear she is - not surprising - awful in Serena.

        Delete
    13. That Love Actually trailer is hilarious!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's great ^^ "and Hugh fucking Grant" :P

        Delete
    14. You should think about renaming the blog to Ruffalo's corner ;) Love reading your enthusiasm about him though!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Now, now...occasionally I write about something else :)

        Delete
    15. Oh my gosh, I MUST watch that Fallon clip with Ruffalo. That is hilarious.

      I watched Begin Again this weekend and really liked it! I keep listening to the soundtrack.

      If Pike misses a nomination I'll be furious, but if she misses the win because the role is too dark (like Rooney Mara did, I assume) I'll just be so disappointed. She was easily the best performance this year... only recently rivaled by Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The entire interview was awesome and so cute :)

        Begin Again was lovely, but that ending....:/

        Gyllenhaal was just fantastic in the role. I hope somehow he gets nominated too

        Delete
    16. Thanks for the link!

      I was a little disappointed by the Pan and Jurassic World trailers, and I agree on The Theory of Everything, which isn't Oscar worthy, apart from maybe Redmayne's performance. I could actually see Felicity Jones getting snubbed in Best Actress, especially if Weinstein decides to throw together a quick campaign for something like Cotillard's work in The Immigrant.

      Oh, that Love Actually honest trailer is one of my favorites. LOL, that Matt Damon gif is even funnier.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Matt Damon totally redeemed himself with this gifset after his awful Interstellar cameo :)

        Delete