Thursday, December 18, 2014

(162) America, fuck no + links

By Sati. Thursday, December 18, 2014

  •  This is gonna be more scattered than usual. Kinda like my brain - I had so many difficult cases to think over this week. One day it actually took me 10 hours to come up with one solution. This is the hardest month in my job yet and add to that Christmas shopping...no one is surprised why this is the only post this week, right? I have seen 0 movies since last Saturday.
  • I finally died my hair. It was supposed to be red. It came out darker. No, no, I'm not being fair. If you flash a lot of light on that it looks a little red. Next time I'm bringing the photo of Catelyn Stark with me.
  • Let's just stare at Mark and start enjoying the weekend.
  • Mark finally won for Foxcatcher this week! Yes, in San Diego. I love you San Diego!
  • So that roundtable is finally coming. Mark has his Spotlight haircut in that. Oh man, he better be all kinds of shirtless in this film. Why do they keep taking the curls away from me?
  • In the meantime Rosamund has began a major winning streak. That puts her right next to Moore in the lead, actually in terms of the amount of wins, ahead of Moore. It would be extraordinary if she won that Oscar.
  • I've rewatched Gone Girl.  Her work is obscenely far and above what Julianne Moore did in Still Alice. If I were Moore I'd just hand the awards to Pike. Moore is basically winning for mediocrity and it's not as we don't have a brilliant performance this year. We do. Pike's.
  • I also found this article --
  •  Cronenweth also explained why Amy chose to kill Desi during sex. Yes, she was trying to make it look like he’d raped her—but her strategy also had something to do with the amount of blood the scene ended up using. “In a prison gang, if they’re going to take someone out, they love to get them outside in a pick-up game of basketball or something so that your heart’s beating very fast—as his would be when he’s making love to her. So that when you do do a slit like that, you bleed out in a few seconds, as opposed to two minutes. They do it in the prison yards because, by the time anybody gets there to help, it’s too late. So that is part of her sociopath knowledge.”
  • I didn't know that. The level of research is so amazing. Also look at her abs in that first gif.
  • We finally got a first official look at Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak. Yes, the photo is not very good but the promise of all those fine actors and finally a creepy Gothic horror movie is enough to get me excited. 
  • Another new picture is of Neil Patrick Harris who is going to appear in one of the upcoming episodes of this season of American Horror Story. I really hope I'm gonna have the time to catch up soon, I haven't seen it in months:
  • Level with me here. A chain of events. Jennifer Aniston comes in the Oscar race like a meteor. Picks up SAG, GG and BFCA nominations. Angelina Jolie's Unbroken gets nothing and she ends up with a pox.
  • I imagine Aniston on crossroads in New Orleans bathing in slaughtered chickens' blood in the moonlight.
  •  Let's talk about that Sony hack. This is now the most disgusting thing that happened this year. Yes, even more disgusting then photos of naked JLaw showing up on my dash. She's repulsive.
  • If it wasn't for that hack the only people who would see The Interview were Rogen and Franco fans. Yeah they have plenty of fans, but even me, someone who never misses Seth Rogen movie, would wait for DVD. But now they gave that movie huge marketing. Nnow the hackers threatened to bomb the theaters that will show the movie and the studio not only pulled the movie from the release, it's not even planning to release it online.
  • I hope Sony bankrupts. They deserve this. They have single handedly embarrassed the entire industry and I can guarantee you that because of their actions this situation will be happening frequently now.
  •  America is perfectly fine bringing their wars to other countries at the threat of terrorism without the blink of an eye (which is not a good thing, they are essentially dragging others into their shit) but the threat of terrorism from people who couldn't even leak Foxcatcher and leaked Annie instead is something that causes the panic? Are you trying to tell me all those agencies that have the balls (no, that's not the right word) the audacity to torture people in Europe breaking all kinds of regulations of international law (not that I disagree with torture, I say yes to torture and death penalty when we are dealing with psychos, especially religious ones) cannot stop Asian nerds from bombing a movie theater on American soil?  
  • And to anyone saying that Sony would get blamed for releasing the movie if something happened - this is a ridiculous statement. The guilty party would be the one attacking not the one showing integrity. And who is to say they won't carry on with the threats? No one. It'd be embarrassing for Putin making America his bitch. But Kim making America his bitch with the use of several random hackers' threats borders on the kind of thing that one should commit harakiri over.
  • If something connected to Avengers 2 leaked you know that the responsible party would never see the light of day. Disney takes this shit so seriously. I'm fairly certain the person who leaked that trailer few months back is still getting kicked in the crotch by someone wearing Mickey Mouse costume.Disney has balls. Sony has none.
  • The worst thing is that this is all because of a movie. A stupid comedy.  This is Janes Franco/Seth Rogen movie, most likely filled with dozens of dick jokes and weed references. The fact that this is the movie that is causing such outrage is ridiculous. It's kinda like when South Park wanted to show Muhammad and they got censored. In the place of The Interview some theaters wanted to screen Team America. They cannot now. Meanwhile Sony released another The Interview trailer. This is now the incompetence of highest proportions.
  • Hackers already praised Sony for their move. There's more. Following this is now exhausting.
  • What repulses me farther are comments like 'they shouldn't have done that movie to begin with'. Oh, I'm so sorry that they dared to hurt mass murderer's feelings. What the hell is happening? 10 years ago this movie would get released no problem. People could smoke cigarettes in the movies. Nudity wasn't a big deal. Now it's a ban, 'historical smoking' and sex scenes with actors wearing clothes. Where are people's balls? WHERE ARE THEY?
  • America used to be all about free speech, giving the example to other countries. Now it's shaking in fear and shitting itself. For shame.
  •  To quote The Thick of It- "This used to be a green and pleasant land but now it looks like the colour of the fucking BBC weather map. It looks like anemic dog shit".
  • Also the thing I really care about is that there is a dog in that movie. The dog better be fucking fine by the end of it. 
  • "We cannot be told we can’t see something by Kim Jong-un, of all f*cking people." Clooney is the man. Even Martin offered to help. You know, instead of continuing to write the series for us. Obama made some good comments too. I really hope the movie gets released in the matter of days. With each day they wait, the hackers gain more power.
  • Moving on, I'm just so glad there was no dirt on Mark in those leaked e-mails. There cannot be. He's the precious angel.
  • The trailer for Terrence Mallick's new movie doesn't make it look boring. I'm so completely shocked by that.
  • I can't believe Parks and Rec is coming to an end. This gets canceled and yet crap like Supernatural and Grey's Anatomy goes on.
  • Hey, we've got our first footage of Game of Thrones season 5 this week. And when I say footage I mean two shots. And when I say two shots I mean one of them is boat. But fortunately the other one is Cersei, as obscured as she is in it.
  • As we are nearing the end of the year, all those amazing movie montages keep showing up. This is excellent:
  • Tonight I'm gonna be watching Love Actually, in honor of fast approaching Christmas and rewatching Begin Again. In other words I'm gonna watch Keira Knightley have some awesome romantic moments that would be miraculous if they happened to any of us in real life and then I get to see Knightley shit all over them. Yeah, Merry Christmas indeed.
  • vinnieh reviews Elizabeth
  • Keith reviews Gone Girl
  • Katy writes about Magic in the Moonlight
  • Alex writes about Inherent Vice
  • Nikhat shares her favorite posters of the year
  • m.brown wrote a beautiful review of Begin Again
  • Ruth reviews Birdman
  • RELATED POSTS:

    42 comments:

    1. That Clooney interview is amazing. So many great points on your rant about Sony & The Interview. I don't know where to start.

      The more I see of Gone Girl, the more I love it than when I first saw it. Rosamund's really the first and only pick this year (so far) I care to see win.

      Thank you for linking my review! <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really would love to see her win. She hasn't campaigned, she had a difficult role and she is not well known. That would be a performance winning for how superb it was, which is what should always be the case, not someone winning because they are 'overdue' or appearing in every single talk show out there

        Delete
    2. Sony can suck my balls! They just revealed that they're a bunch of pussies for playing into some lame dictator's threat.

      I just saw Two Days, One Night a few days ago which I love and I'm going to say this though.... if Jennifer Aniston gets nominated instead of Marion Cotillard. This motherfucker is going to do some voodoo shit on her.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's very possible she gets nominated :/ The way Academy treats Marion is awful, she should have been nominated for Rust and Bone too

        Delete
    3. Yeah, I don't really have much else to contribute to the whole Sony situation that hasn't already been said, just such a disheartening and disgusting situation all around.

      As for that Malick trailer, it sure does look more interesting than some of his more recent projects, but just by how that trailer is presented alone, I can very easily see his usual Malick-isms on display, so I pretty it expect to be more of the same of his schtick. :P

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah the amount of shots of the sky and water is worrying :)

        Delete
    4. You have such great points about Sony and The Interview. I really agree with you, and honestly, there's nothing else to say. You fucked up big time, Sony.

      I really love all of those movie montages! It really shows how diverse the year was in film, and I am all for that.

      While I have Moore as my number one, I would certainly be just as happy if Rosamund (my number two) surprised everyone and took it.

      I am going to miss Parks and Recreation SO MUCH. Those tweets just killed me.

      Cannot wait for Knight of Cups, that trailer was gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I cannot believe Parks is ending. That is the show that has been consistently amazing, why are they doing this? It's not like The Office which was flatlining in its last 2 seasons.

        Delete
    5. Didn't expect all these things to happen because of one movie. This just shows how demented North Korea's leader is. You made some good points there.

      Last year they released the first GoT trailer at the end January (I believe so). Should they do the same this year it would mean that there is less than 1 month till the first trailer.







      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I kinda think those who gave in are demented too. I mean the long term effects of that will be catastrophic.

        They released the first one on January 12th, the night of the Golden Globes, so it may be sooner than that :)

        Delete
      2. Could it be possible that CIA or the FBI told them to back down so as not to give NK a reason to fire anything? I'm sure there is more happening behind closed doors. I've watched a few videos on the Internet about NK and what it it like being there, and then it occurred to me that the world CAN get more fucked up that it already is.

        By the way, is your avatar Wednesday Adams drinking alcohol? I just love her and she was the reason for me to watch the Adams family. She is cold and fun at the same time.

        Delete
      3. Sure, but we have the president saying they should have released the movie. It also seems to me that CIA would realize the long term effects of this would be far worse than the necessity to monitor potential terrorist activity around cinemas.

        It's Wednesday drinking poison, so yeah technically :) I love that character. I basically have her entire attitude towards most things.

        Delete
      4. Or Sony is just trying to bring some more public attention so that more people will see their movie? You do know they are a corporation after all :D.
        And it occurred to me that the US spends 800+ billion on defense, so they probably don't give so much of a fuck about a small country with a few missiles.

        Delete
      5. Yeah but they lost the respect of people. Who want them to distribute their films now?

        Delete
    6. Aww, you're beautiful! I love the color.

      This Sony hack thing is so embarrassing. I can't believe they caved and didn't realize it. The fact that our President essentially called Sony a bunch of pussies makes it even worse. Do they still have time to surprise release it next week? Because they should. I like that you brought up the South Park thing. If there's two people that don't take anyone's shit, it's Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Maybe they should be heading Sony.

      It's just so embarrassing.

      And I love that Gone Girl gifset, that little hair flick at the end killed me in theaters.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I look like shit on the photo, though, this was done at the end of the day when my make up is mostly history and I usually sleep 3h per night.

        I love how even though the episode was censored Kyle had this great monologue about not giving it to the threats in monologues. Now Sony is saying that they don't have any vod companies to released it on, if they had any sense they would just leak the movie for free but they are so greedy! They just want to make money from that no matter what.

        Delete
    7. Thanks for the link, Sati! Hope you check out Birdman soon. Oooh those two pics of Ruffalo are so gorgeous! YUM :P Heh, I hope he gets his curls back soon!

      Yeah, Aniston getting all kinds of award noms seem to come out of nowhere, hmmm I guess it’s her year but I’d never thought it’d be the same year Jolie’s vying for awards for her film, too.
      The whole SONY hack debacle is just nuts! I never even cared about seeing The Interview but like you said, now EVERYBODY wants to see it, ahah. It’s very sad that some nut job dictator dictates what the free world can or cannot see, I really think SONY’s days as a studio is numbered. It’s really exhausting just trying to keep up w/ this crap.

      I actually dedicated a post for Malick’s Knight of Cups. I’m hoping the film won’t be as cryptic or tedious as Tree of Life! But I love Bale/Blanchett combo so that casting alone sold me!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Sony embarrassed themselves so bad. If I had a movie, I'd never want these people to distribute that.

        There is a worrying amount of shots of nature, but let's hope the film has actual plot :)

        Delete
      2. Ahah, well there is always plenty shots of nature in Malick films, I don't think he could make a film set in a confined space like say, Locke or 12 Angry Men. He'd probably be too claustrophobic to shoot the movie, ahah. I sure hope Knight of Cups will be as good as the promising trailer :)

        Delete
      3. He should just do stuff for National Geographic. Most of his movies don't even have a script

        Delete
    8. I'm with you on Pike being incredible. I really need to watch Gone Girl again. It'll have to wait till DVD release, but I think that's coming in January, so YAY!

      Love the thoughts on that scene too (the...giffed one).

      I'm one who questioned whether or not we'd blame Sony for any terrorist attack, but I also don't think any terrorist attack would possibly happen, so it's kind of a pointless question. This whole situation is just...dumb.

      I am kind of shocked that this hasn't already become the most heavily downloaded bootleg in the history of cinema yet.

      And, yes...the fall of Unbroken and the rise of Aniston is hilariously amazing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, January pretty much everywhere :)

        There is no bootleg, unfortunately. I think if Sony had any decency they would leak the film for free but now they are waiting for Vod companies to volunteer since they still want to make money out of that.

        Delete
      2. Now, I just read that Sony is saying it will get a release...for free!
        http://nypost.com/2014/12/21/sony-plans-to-release-the-interview-on-crackle-for-free/

        Could there be redemption?

        Delete
      3. I think they are past that, but the longer the wait with the release the worse it gets

        Delete
    9. Thanks for the link! God, has that supporting actor roundtable dropped yet? I want to see it in full so badly. And those gifs from Gone Girl... they still floor me. Wow.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Not yet, I've been waiting for ages!

        Delete
    10. I hope R Pike gets the oscar nomination, it's well-deserved

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope she wins, nomination wouldn't be enough for her work

        Delete
    11. I really like the hair color! It's a nice for winter time. I've always enjoyed darker colors for the fall.

      After that scene with Amy I'm glad to see Neil Patrick Harris alive. That scene traumatized me. Seriously.

      The way I look at the Sony thing is that Sony is not an American company, it's a Japanese company. It's also a privately-owned company, so I don't think it reflects on Americans in general. I do agree with you that it definitely sets a bad precedent. However, I've heard something that I'm still trying to research: that Japan is currently trying to broker the release of information on a number of Japanese prisoners held by North Korea. I have to verify that, but if that's the case then I could understand why they would at least temporarily push back the release date. However, I still think they should release the film.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        That was a really heavy scene. i knew it was coming but it was still shocking to witness.

        Yes but we had American president address the issue and the threat concerned American soil. Now it looks that Sony is releasing the film on Christmas Day and some people claim it was all a publicity stunt which is such a moronic conclusion to draw.

        Delete
      2. I agree with you I think there is no way it was a publicity stunt. Sony is too stupid to pull something like that off.

        Delete
      3. Exactly. But the amount of people thinking it's a stunt is saddening. So many morons in this world.

        Delete
    12. Every time I remember to check out your blog, I feel stupid for not checking out your blog more. This is a great post, and you make fine points. Nice to know you're still kicking ass in 2014 =)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much that is so nice to read! Come by more often!

        Delete
      2. I promise I'll try. Check my site out, too - I'm worth it!

        Delete
      3. I did, I'll sure visit it often!

        Delete
    13. Pike is awesome. I'd fully support an Oscar win.

      I never thought of it, but it would be interesting if Aniston gets an Oscar nomination almost at the last minute and Jolie is left out. Who saw *that* coming?

      Oh, I need to rewatch Love Actually. I meant to watch it again last Christmas, and never got to it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It just shows how much hangs on the campaign during Oscar season. Pike's win would be amazing because of many reasons but one of the big ones is that she didn't campaign at all, unlike Aniston who has very little shame.

        Delete
    14. Thanks for the link, and have a great Christmas.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I don't like Parks and Rec, but I understand so many people do, but I'm glad to hear they're quitting while ahead -- because it would get bad at one point, and for a show loved by so many, that'd be a shame. Like it happened with Supernatural. God, I hope they cancel it soon.

      That part about Amy killing NPH is so interesting! I've been rewatching Fincher a bit and he is so infinitely clever. Fantastic.

      I hope your Christmas was good. : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, hope you're having great Christmas too!

        Delete