Friday, February 13, 2015

(170) The Benedict Cumberbatch of Yorkies + links

By Sati. Friday, February 13, 2015
  •  ...
  • Cover your face, sir, this is obscene.
  • That's from Death Comes to Pemberley which was watchable, far more than The Lookout was. Oh God his clothes in that thing.
  • Then, following Nikhat's recommendation, I saw Chasing Liberty:
  • What are my thoughts? Well, I'm unable to verbalize them so...:
  • Yeah. Ladies if you like Goode....WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  • I've been watching Dancing on the Edge. It's all right, mostly, but there is one aspect that is awesome and that is that in the 1st ep alone Goode banged two women. Seriously Jenna Coleman (who also played his wife in Death....) is so lucky. She is so pretty, she has amazing figure and she gets to do this for work:
  • ...
  • ......
  • ...........
  • ....is that what a stroke feels like?
  • Meanwhile in my work I've been so crazed with the amounts of stuff to do I kinda had this out of body experience all week long. I'm like in a trance when I'm working. Today my boss walked in and asked me something and I was so focused on the case I actually looked around and went 'huh? did you asked ME something, sir?', also due to the fact that my belief is why the fuck would a judge want to know assistant's opinion so when someone legit asks me something I'm not sure what the hell is happening. I swear to God it's like my reactions to things are in slow motion.
  • I think my boss thinks I'm either on drugs or a psycho. I have to talk to him to get a day off for a day after Oscars (he doesn't need to know the reason) so it's a good idea to do it tomorrow to show that I'm capable of having a human conversation.
  • You know how at various points of Blue Jasmine she was talking to herself, kinda stuck in her own world? I'm getting there rapidly.
  • Say what you want about BAFTAs, they are the hottest awards. Also Mark Ruffalo tweeted pics of himself getting ready and attending the show and it was glorious:
  •  This week Michelle Fairley said this - "I can’t, sorry. I’ll say what I’ve always said. I can’t confirm or deny anything until after the season airs. Not my terms, not my terms, sorry!". The annual Hopeheart continues.
  • Speaking of Fairley, guess who finally managed to fulfill her dream of having the red hair of house Tully? ------------>
  • And looked who sneaked in that picture in the bottom left! He's the Benedict Cumberbatch of Yorkies.
  • Here's honest trailer for gimmick Boyhood
  • We're getting third Spiderman in last 15 years (shit, I'm old - I remember actually being there in the cinema for the first one). Fuck knows why. No scratch that. Money. 
  • So instead of actually making it at least a bit different, it's still gonna be set in high school. Yep. We're gonna see uncle Ben die for the third freaking time.
  • Have you guys seen that new ScarJo phothoshoot? Damn!
  • HBO aired a GoT documentary special last Sunday which was kinda uneventful - yeah it gave us a glimpse of the production and how much effort it takes but they didn't show any new footage. I'm sorry - they didn't show any new footage other than 3secs of Jon snow looking worried during the battle. But this was pretty funny. Can't wait for the scene with Cersei in Flea Bottom throwing shade at poor people
  • Neighbors is getting a sequel! This is fantastic news.
  • In the meantime Katherine Heigl and Patrick can't catch a break Wilson ripped off Gone Girl
  • Rumor has it Matt Bomer is playing Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. This is awkward as he is prettier than Emma Watson who plays the Beauty.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, Rosamund Pike
  • Here's more:
  • She is so perfect.
  • And here we have Miles Teller and Margot Robbie being adorable together.
  • The only movie I saw sans Goode this week was Respire. I actually rewieved it, so please check it out because it's once in a blue moon I actually review something let alone foreign language film. 
  • Andrew recaps BAFTAs 2015
  • Thaddeus reviews Only Lovers Left Alive
  • Alex breaks down the ENTIRE 007 franchise
  • m.brown reviews Saving Mr. Banks 
  • go and wish Ruth and Mettel Ray, who both celebrate their special day in a cool movie-related post kind of way, happy birthday
  • Chris wrote a hilarious review of Jupiter Ascending
  • Josh, Brittani and Sofia list their favorite films from 2014
  • Keith asks about 5 movies you'd bring in case of the Apocalypse
  • Nikhat shares her favorite shots of 2014 and her favorite heroes and villains
  • RELATED POSTS:
     

    46 comments:

    1. I like your red hair, looks really great on you.

      Loved Boyhood honest trailer, I laughed tears, literally. One of the best honest trailers I've ever seen and it's very true.

      I think I will watch some of Goode's films, I enjoy him in The Good Wife and I really want his character and Alicia to have some serious affair. Hope The Good Wife writers hear my prayers, lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        I wish they actually narrated it instead of singing, but it was still spot on :)

        His character on Goode Wife is really being wasted now, I think they will eventually hook up but it's just excruciating seeing Alicia waste her time all the time she is not actually....hitting that thing :P

        Delete
      2. I loved the singing part. It felt really cynical :)))

        Delete
    2. I love the hair color! Seriously, you look gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh, Goode also said some bad things about Chasing Liberty.... I actually thought it was pretty good. He better not say anything bad about Belle which I saw yesterday. Even though he was only in it for a few minutes. He was still excellent in an amazing film.

      Give Rosamund the Oscar... Julianne Moore should've had her Oscar a long time ago and Marion already has one.

      We're getting a new Spider-Man but... he's still in fucking high school? Fuck that! There's no need to re-tell the same fucking story.

      I'm stoked for a sequel to Neighbors. That means Rose Byrne will get a chance to duke it out with the sorority sisters. She was awesome in that film... "goodbye neighbor" that's her Oscar moment.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It seems he really dislikes the romantic comedies he was in, I can see why, they are really silly but come on, they bring women folk so much joy :)

        Byrne really should get some award attention for the movie, she was brilliant!

        Delete
    4. Ooo I had never heard of Dancing on the Edge. Must check it out. And yes, Jenna Coleman is lucky as hell. I look quite a bit like her but look at what she's got and look at what I've got *cue eye roll*

      I hope they skip the Uncle Ben dying plot for 3rd Spidey. And actually get someone young (or Logan Lerman- I'm all for Logan Lerman)

      Chasing Liberty is among my favourite accidental watches of all time just because of Goode. Wow, that was transformative :P

      Rosamund is the greatest ever. The end.

      Thank you for the link!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Dancing on the Edge is really quite decent, a bit slow, but the cast is great. I think looking a bit like Jenna is luck in itself already :)

        Delete
    5. Thanks so much for the link! Sooo much goodies here.

      Ooooh… Matthew in that military uniform and cravat… *swoon*

      Death Comes to Pemberley was definitely VERY watchable because of Goode! I might re-watch that again w/ my girlfriends next month for movie night.
      I kept putting off Chasing Liberty because I didn’t really care for Mandy Moore, but I better change that!!

      WHOAAA!! Why haven’t I heard of Dancing on the Edge?? Is that a TV show? No matter… I must find that movie. Lucky Jenna Coleman!!

      Ahah, asking a day off after Oscars is a GREAT idea, I just might do that. And I agree BAFTA is the hottest, I wish they’d put that on network TV here like the Oscars.

      Mwahahaha, Gustav IS the Benedict Cumberbatch of Yorkies! Bummer about that tiresome Spidey news but come on, if you’re old then I’m ancient… no scratch that, the undead! :(

      I LOOOOVE Rosamund, she’s just so fun to watch even in interviews!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Moore is quite awful in Chasing Liberty, but really, who cares, when Goode is there being oh so perfect...

        It's a mini series, 5 episodes and a whole lot of Goode :)

        I really need that day off, the Oscars end around 6 am here and this is 30 minutes before I leave for work so there is no way I can pull that off with no sleep at all

        You're definitely not ancient! :)

        Delete
      2. Ok I might still check out Chasing Liberty just for Goode, heck I could tolerate Leap Year because of him, ahah. But Dancing on the Edge sounds um, delightful!! :P

        Oh my, 6 AM?? Then yeah, it totally warrants a day off. Hope your boss isn't gonna give you a hard time for it, and he totally does NOT need to know why you need a day off!

        Delete
      3. Well they always give us hard time for taking a day off which after all is our right, they stare at you as if you did something terrible. They actually yell at people for taking a sick leave, it's so fucked up. Thank God for Goode movies for making me relaxed :)

        Delete
    6. Chasing Liberty is such a dirty little treat to be honest! I've watched it couple of times now because I like the whole adventure, and well, Goode is hella protective and hot and yeah, Goode is very gooood!

      I'm not sure how I feel about the Spidey renewal, like, how many different ways can they tell me the origin story.. I need something new already!

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Matthew Goode in Chasing Liberty!!! It's hard to look forward to a Spider-man reboot because the other ones are still relatively new. I wish they changed it up, instead of setting it back to high school.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So not surprised to see the love for him in that, he was like a perfect man <3

        Delete
    8. Thanks for the link!

      I love the red on you, and I am going to continue to hold on to those Stoneheart rumors. lol. I'm a little scared for the amount I will actually fan girl if that happens.

      That Boyhood trailer is perfection, OMG.

      I feel bad for Patrick Wilson, what is he doing in this crap with Katherine Heigl?

      Spiderman is for sure going to be in high school again? uuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I may actually die of of happiness if she shows up :)

        Delete
    9. Good lord, Goode and Coleman together?! I'm gonna have to check that one out.

      Journalists fake laughing and Red Bull enthusiasm are increasingly freaking me out. Rosamund was perfect. :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. You look great with this hair color!

      I could not care less about new Spiderman movie. Didn't watch the last two, probably not going to watch the next two either.

      Pike kicks ass in TV roles and interviews alike!

      Have a great weekend! We all need it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Have a great weekend as well!

        Delete
    11. OMG, Bomer as Gaston feels...like really bad casting (but then again, so is Watson as Belle). I don't know why they're doing this. Beauty and the Beast really doesn't need this treatment. UGH, just let these classics alone...PLEASE!

      LOVE the red hair, BTW.

      ScarJo looks ravishing...UGH...I need her.

      Thanks so much for the link :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They won't. They can smell the money :)

        Thank you and you're welcome!

        Delete
    12. I love Gustav's photobomb and the new hair color. Hmmmm, I may have to watch Dancing on the Edge...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'm getting people to see it just with that photo, they should pay me...or give me Goode :P

        Delete
    13. Oh myyy I need to see that Matthew Goode movie. On our last podcast I actually said that he had an "open face", whatever that means - I know I have a celeb crush when they make me say retarded shit like this.

      Oh man, that honest trailer is the best.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Open face?:D I've never hear that before....open for what?:D Dirty thoughts! :P

        Delete
    14. oh dear you are great
      where did you hear about Matt playing Gaston???

      i think Matt Bomer as Gaston is great . he has the look and can sing and he is a good actor. he only needs to put some muscle and add some hair to his chest

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I read it somewhere on imdb there was a link to the news story there that said he is rumored to be in the talks for the film

        Delete
    15. Jenna Coleman is a lucky woman indeed: looking like she looks, kissing who she gets to kiss on screen and getting to kiss Richard Madden off screen. I need to rub her head for luck to hit the lottery.
      God no to Matt Bomer as Gaston. Please no. I wish they'd look at someone like Sam Heughan for that role. God no to another Spiderman too. The last thing we need is a third version of Spiderman.
      You look lovely with the red hair. Did Michelle Fairley just get my hopes up???

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have very little interest in that Beauty and the Beast movie but if Bomer would be in it, I'd probably watch it :)

        Thank you! I just so hope we will finally see Stoneheart.

        Delete
    16. and Nancy why not Matt for Gaston ???? he is a great actor and has a good voice and has experience in musical roles

      Sam Heughan is noting like Gaston and can he even sing????????

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have no idea who Sam Heughan is so I have nothing to contribute here.

        Delete
    17. oh dear Sati i love you so much

      me too i have no interest in musical movie but if Bomer is in it i would be the first one in there

      ReplyDelete
    18. me too dear

      i do not know Sam Heughan and i search his name and saw his picture and he is noting like Gaston. Matt in other hand only needs some muscle and chest hair.

      i hope the rumor is true


      ReplyDelete
    19. Thanks for the link! I appreciate it.

      I think the legal profession requires so much strain and concentration that talking to oneself is to be expected. It can be a decent organizational tool and it help me figure out if I'm overtired or too hungry to make sense.

      Red looks good on you! Also, that's a nice blouse.

      I like Ms. Pike more every time I hear something new about her =) it's a good point...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome and thank you! :)

        Pike has so much wisdom :)

        Delete
    20. Another new Spider-Man...ugh! Pike should absolutely win the Oscar. She was just perfect in Gone Girl.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really like Moore but Pike is gonna get straight up robbed this Sunday.

        Delete
    21. firstly

      red suit you so much .

      secondly

      you have a greet site

      thirdly

      your news about Bomer made me so happy i wish you are right and did you read it in a trust worthy site because you never mention something false

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I read it on discussion thread on imdb but as I said the new story it linked to said he is rumored to be in talks for the film

        Delete
    22. Thanks for the link! :)

      LOL. That honest trailer for Boyhood was hilarious!

      Really looking forward to the Neighbors sequel too. Can't believe they're going to reboot Spider-Man AGAIN, though. Yikes!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        They gone batshit with that Spiderman franchise reboot thing

        Delete
    23. Love your hair Sati, wish I could pull that signature Tully colour off!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much! I wanted to have red hair for so long :)

        Delete