Friday, February 20, 2015

(171) Manners Maketh Man, British Men Maketh Hot Films + links

By Sati. Friday, February 20, 2015
  • So Brideshead Revisited. My God, some women are stupid. Hayley Atwell's character in this movie for example. She literally chooses God - as in the concept that is not proven - over being with Goode's character. 
  • You know what? I bet if God existed when that bitch died and knocked on Heaven's door you know what he'd say? You gave up this? Go away.
  • She gave him up because he was divorced so if she married him she couldn't confess anymore. There are about 100 more abominable things about Catholic Church but yeah, this is one of the dumbest and hypocritical rules these people have. Marry once. Didn't work out? You'll gonna be punished for this for the rest of your life.
  • I'm actually surprised the Academy didn't go for that movie - it was lavish, epic, it span many decades...it was actually a really good movie. Idiot female character aside.
  • The protagonist of Imagine me & you wasn't much brighter but at least she wanted to give Goode up for red haired Lena Headey. That's at least in the realm of not-completely-batshit.
  • How was everyone's Valentine's? Here's the yorkie Valentine ---->
  • I also saw that new J.Lo movie The Boy Next Door. A woman bangs 19-year old guy. Ew for me but for some women I understand it's hot that a guy is younger? Anyways of course he is psychotic. The film was actually so stupid it was funny. 
  • I started watching House of Cards 2. I was not a big fan of season 1 and season 2 is even worse. Yeah that train moment was shocking but who stands in Francis' way now? The show has no compelling characters that could compete with him. It's not like Bullock and Al in Deadwood or Lannisters vs Starks in Game of Thrones. It's just watching Francis scheme not even with a lot of effort. And they made Claire a rape victim now? Why? Why does there always need to be a reason for female character to be cold? Hell, even GoT managed not to fuck up female character like that because some of the female characters there, even under D&D reign of crap and 'we don't have the time for interesting stuff but enjoy another brothel moment' some characters are still depicted as simply being born cruel. I love you so much Cersei.
  • I went to see Fifty Shades late Tuesday evening. For more of my views on this thing check out my review. 
  • I don't make love. 
  • I fuck. 
  • HARD
  • I'm seriously still laughing at this line and it's been 3 days.
  • Yesterday I decided to do treat myself day and what does this mean to me? Junk food and British accents. So I smuggled a cheeseburger into the cinema like a badass that I am and I saw Kingsman. It was so much fun! I'm sure by now you guys heard about that church scene and it really is incredible, my jaw was like on the floor and I was so seriously turned on watching 1. Colin Firth wearing a suit 2. slaughtering religious freakshow 3. to the tune of that insane guitar solo from Free Bird. Each of these things separately turns me on, but combine these 3 together?
  • Wow.
  • I hated Kick Ass (worst movie ever) and Layer Cake but this time Vaughn surprised me, though obviously I was horrified when they showed the close up of that scared little pug! But the film was really entertaining and the choice of music was splendid. I swear to God hearing Slave to Love always gets me into quite the mood. This film was seriously sexy which was nice seeing how Fifty Shades and Dornan's face and general awfulness puts you at the risk of considering asexuality as a hobby.
  • Seriously go see this film, it's so bitchin'. I've been listening to Free Bird like a maniac for the last 24h.
  • J.B.!:
  •  Sophie Turner is back promoting GoT which is a terrible fucking thing. The things that come out of her mouth are so irresponsible. In a week's time she mentioned she misses her mother Catelyn and that season 5 is more shocking than RW. If Stoneheart is indeed back, that's cool but if all she is referring to is For the Watch moment I'll hate her even more.
  • Crimson Peak! Yes it is kinda iffy that we actually got to see the ghosts in the actual first trailer for the movie, but I think considering the state of horror these days it looks fantastic. The acting, mainly by Hiddleston looks really wonderful and the visual side is gorgeous. And PJ Harvey makes everything better. Also it actually looks like an emotive turn from Chastain which is always fun, I really don't like the performances where she just wanders around aimlessly like in Interstellar. Eureka! Oh, shut up.
  • Lena Headey is pregnant! I know this is not my business, but I bet Pedro Pascal knocked her up.
  • I've started watching It's always sunny in Philadelphia. So far I like it a lot, it's quite funny and  I'm in need of a good comedy to watch after work. I have 2 days off which I took because I am so freaking old and I'm no longer able to sit all night and watch the Oscars and go to work afterwards. Ah, the days of university life when I used to watch the ceremony and then took the exam the next day and passed. So I don't have to be at work for the next 4 days which is wonderful. I'm sure there is some catastrophic news or a shitload of work waiting for me when I return, though.
  • My country has gone absolutely insane. It's only Friday evening and they are talking about Oscars non fucking stop. If Ida loses there may be people crying on the streets. 
  • And yes, I shall live tweet the ceremony semi-drunk again, as tradition dictates.
  • Ruth reviews Kingsman
  • Brittani makes her Oscar predictions
  • Irene reviews Birdman
  • MettelRay reviews Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Nikhat lists her favorite performances of 2014
  • and finally m.brown wrote a hilarious review for Fifty Shades. The bullet point about condoms made me laugh out loud
  • RELATED POSTS:

    35 comments:

    1. I didn't know India followed the Oscars, much less closely. I imagine this is how I feel when the American media reports about England's royal family - why would we even start to care about this?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sorry, wrong nation. Damn! I feel like John Travolta saying "Adele Dazeem," but I don't get to fly my own plane back home now.

        Or, "Dick Poops," if I want to stay current.

        Delete
      2. Oh my God that Travolta moment was one of my all time favorite fuck ups and not just on Oscars :)

        Delete
      3. What's great is how *completely* off he was, and how odd the - well, it's not a name, is it - how the sounds that came out of his mouth were.

        Delete
      4. It really was a great moment :P The buildup he did made it so funny because he was hyping her and hyping her....and then Adele Dazeem :P

        Delete
    2. Crimson Peak looks interesting enough.

      I tried so hard to get into It's Always Sunny but I cannot stand Charlie Day. I just can't do it, even though 90% of my friends watch.

      I look forward to you drunken live tweeting. :) thank you for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I like Day, but I can see how he can be annoying to someone :) His out of control squeaky yelling make me laugh so much, though

        I really hope I won't pass out :)

        Delete
    3. Your dog is adorable! I say drunk is the only way to watch the Oscars. I might break my no drinking stance if Redmanye win, to drink the pain away.
      Glad you liked Kingsman so much, it will be on my list to see. Colin Firth in a suit kicking butt is always worth watching.
      I'd rather see Lena Headley promote GoT than Sophie Turner, but she's the new Jean Grey, she will be forefront of everything. Crimson Peak looks interesting and spooky.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Headey gets on my nerves a little too, her style is just so...bizarre and loud, I don't like it. Turner is at least young so she has the right to be silly, with Headey it's a bit much. Dormer is the one who they should send to do the interviews, she is almost scarily bright.

        Delete
    4. You know, I'd just been thinking that I hadn't seen Gustav for while. Your commentary is hilarious, as usual. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Gustav is chilling as usual :)

        Delete
      2. One of these days I'll post pictures of my dogs. Just because. :)

        Delete
      3. I bet they are attention seekers just like Gustav and love getting photographed :)

        Delete
    5. Brideshead Revisited was alrite. Goode getting turned down in favor of God... that shit ain't right.

      Crimson Peak trailer.... that looks awesome.

      I'm at the point of just... not giving a fuck about the Oscars. I don't think I'll watch it. I just don't think it's going to be any good. Maybe it's because Adam Levine is going to sing and I hate that motherfucker. It's personal loathing for what he did to NIN's "Closer". Plus, I learned that the song was written by the chode from the New Radicals. God, I hated them too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm actually looking forward to Levine's performance because I adore the song :) But I'm sure NPH's old Hollywood style of show, with all the dancing and singing, won't appeal to me

        Delete
    6. Hope to see Kingsman, soon. Got my fingers crossed. Maybe Rihanna will throw me some free tickets. :~)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Kingsman is really awesome, hope you'll like it!

        Delete
    7. "I don't make love.
      I fuck.
      HARD." - I say that to my roommate whenever I find that her mood needs a bit of laughter. :D

      Oh, Crimson Peak looks good and well, Kingsman looked good to me already when I saw the treailer last year. I mean, Firth is such a great guy and considering he does movies like What a Girl Wants, goes and then does A Single Man, The King's Speech, then Bridget Jones and Kingsman. The man doesn't stick with a genre and I love that about him!

      I'm not watching the Oscars because I never do. Even though we are also nominated this year, in the same category as Ida of course but our media is calm about it, sort of. Articles here and there but nothing major. My mom saw Tangerines yesterday and she got goose bumps, which is great but I know it won't win.. but that's okay.

      Thanks for the link!

      PS: I hope Stoneheart comes because as far as I know that story line is epic.. and nobody else except Catelyn should portray it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's honestly such a hilarious moment in that movie :D

        It was such a blast seeing Firth kick ass like that.

        The last time we got this many nominations was in 1993 so they are going batshit here. I'm still not sure Ida will win but if it will there will be absolutely nothing else in the news on Monday.

        You're welcome!

        Absolutely, it would be so damn insulting if they used the idea but gave it to another character

        Delete
    8. I went to the cinema to watch Kingsman with a friend and...they told us to fuck off because we were 17 and it was already past 10pm...I will be 18 in like 6 months FSS!!! Although I can't blame them for telling me they won't let me in, the law is law, regardless of how annoying it is.

      And now I see that there's even some good music in the movie...at least I've got GG's soundtrack which I've been listening to like crazy.

      Ah, I my Valentine's day was wonderful, I spent most of it from the comfort of my computer seat.

      Off to watch Birdman and read your review - everyone is saying how amazing it is and your reviews are really deep.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They really should have let you in, it's not like you're 11 or something

        Oh the music is so splendid in this one, I hope you'll get a chance to see the film soon, the tracks are really catchy too

        Delete
    9. Hey thanks for the link Sati!

      Whoah, I REALLY need to see Brideshead Revisited soon! Well God and the Catholic church are mutually exclusive, I’d understand someone dedicating their lives to the first, but NOT the latter.

      Glad you like Kingsman too, I love the British-ness of it all. Oooh that JB is soooo darn cute! I knew you’d mention the little pug fella in your post. Boy THAT scene when Eggsy had to shoot him was super intense. He wouldn’t be human if he could pull that trigger!

      I just saw Crimson Peak trailer the other night. OMG soooo freaky, but I’d have to see it anyway for Chastain & Hidles!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        That was a scary scene. I cannot believe Roxy pulled the trigger, that bitch!

        Delete
      2. Ahah, but the pistol was a blank :) I was so upset when I saw the dead dog on Firth's bathroom, but was so relieved when he explained his dog died of old age and NOT as part of the crazy military training!

        Delete
    10. Omg, Kingsman sounds awesome!

      Oh, and my mum's boyfriend is 15 years younger and they are honestly just the best-fitting and happiest couple I know. When it started, tho, I shared your skepticism. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you'll get to see Kingsman soon!

        Delete
    11. I really liked 'Kingsman' until the end. The last scene was so misogynistic and terrible. But I really liked the kid who played Eggsey. Not sure why movies always have to have a seen killing or potentially killing a dog. Sigh. The scene w/ Firth in that mass fight at the end was awesome though.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really don't understand why people have the problem with the scene - the princess suggested this herself and seemed really excited about it. It was also a spoof of traditional final scene from Bond movies

        Delete
      2. I just didn't see the point of it. I know it's a spoof, but I don't think that someone who's just been kidnapped would immediately want to have anal sex. I just thought it was too over the top, IMHO.

        Delete
      3. Well I didn't find it any more over the top than a woman with blades instead of feet and chips that make people's head explode :)

        Delete
    12. Thank you so much for the link. I read these posts on ride home (terrible idea, by the way), and then I always forget to come back in a timely manner. Dick move, I know.

      I want to catch Kingsman in the theater, as Firth looks like he's having the time of his life in the preview. But who am I kidding, right? I only see absolute dogshit at the cinema.

      Laters, baby.
      [puts gun to head]

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Nah, don't worry about it :)

        You should really see it in the cinema, the film looks amazing and that church scene alone is worth the price of the ticket!

        Oh, no! :D

        Delete
    13. Hi Sati! Sorry I haven't been by in ages. (Ugh, I REALLY need to start reading blogs every day.)

      I enjoyed Kingsman as well. It's too bad Colin Firth won't be back if they make a sequel.

      Oh, I haven't watched the Crimson Peak trailer, but it looks interesting based on those gifs.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You do, wow that is couple weeks' worth of posts to read:D

        You should check out the trailer, it's very well made

        Delete