Friday, April 10, 2015

(178) And you're here! You're here! + links

By Sati. Friday, April 10, 2015
  • I made the above set of Stephen in the movie Storm.
  • ....then I passed out for several minutes.
  • 2 DAYS TILL THRONES STANNIS!
  •  There's also this:
  • Now YOU plunge that dagger baby, PLUNGE IT!
  • ...
  • I apologize, I'm way too turned on to be near a keyboard. They should lock me up in a dungeon.
  • Look at my majestic baby on the top of the Wall.
  • So remember how last week I was hoping for new Shireen/Stannis scene?
  • Rumor has it, I'll get my wish in the first four episodes. I won't get into specifics because I want all of you to be moved when you see it. Oh my God. I'm gonna be weeping for days. It sounds so beautiful and moving. I just want to hold them both.
  • Apparently the aimless wanderer Brienne does what we all feared - mentions her oath to kill Stannis because he killed Renly. I like Brienne, but if she kills Stannis, she is dead meat to me.
  • They made Brienne into such a dumbass on the show I can see her changing her mind and simply joining Stannis within 10 seconds of meeting him. HOWEVER that beautiful scene between Shireen and Stannis from first four eps seems like the kind of sadistic 'You want to teach little Ned ride horses, don't you?' crap D&D would pull to make people more fucked up when Mel burns that little angel or that idiot kills Stannis over her crush.
  • Of course in my logic upon looking at Stephen Dillane a woman's sword (and her clothes) would fall on the ground, but Brienne is beyond reason.
  • Like seriously who cares about Renly? The only thing abominable about that whole let's kill Renly with a shadow thing was the fact that Dillane didn't undress for his sex scene. What the fuck are you doing to me with this damn show?!
  • Oh God I just want Stannis and Shireen and Davos to be happy. I want these two lunatic bitches gone and I want Stannis to meet nice, sane girl (not me cause I obviously don't qualify, also he is fictional...right?). Please please please.
  • I will be recaping the new episodes as usual. The show is taking such detours this year I didn't do what I always do before the new season - read the book it is based on - because one can get paranoia and utter confusion from trying to figure out what was in the show and what was in the books. Seriously I was thinning about one of the subplots lately and went "wait, was it in the show or in the books?'. So I'm just gonna be straight up writing about the show, only including some comparison to the books.
  • So yeah, everyone knows for most of Monday I am offline and just crawling on the floor yelling 'Stannis!', yes?
  • I made a visual representation of what Sansa fans can expect in season 5 and got pleas from disgruntled little bird fans to delete it. Oh, God, will these folks threaten to jump off buildings in season 5?
  • It sure will be entertaining to see an explosion bigger than what happened after the writers ruined Jaime's character in season 4.
  • Seriously, though, it's the point where we should start laughing at the ridiculous writing in the show. Otherwise we are gonna give ourselves a heart attack.
  •  Look at me - I've given up on Stoneheart and I'm ZEN. 
  • *pulls her own hair*
  • Seriously, it's all good, man.
  • Kit Harington did the thing:
  • Honestly, this guy should host SNL! I know I spend majority of my life laughing at him because he looks like a puppy, but he is really improving as an actor and clearly has a great comedy talent too.
  • Speaking of SNL, OF COURSE I didn't have the time to watch Keaton episode yet.
  •  I started watching Salem. I was trying to get into Vikings but just couldn't. The male characters were either dull or impossibly weird. I really want to continue watching because that main blond chick is badass but I'm not in the mood right now.
  • Salem, while not perfect - the lead dude is just so bland - is really entertaining. I love that the main character is a villain - a witch Mary Sibley played by gorgeous Janet Montgomery. Oh, she is stunning. And in season 2 Lucy Lawless joined the cast so it's awesome. I'm finishing season 1 now.
  • Waiting for trailer, release date and anything connected to The Witch is torture. A24 is such a shitty distributor. Seriously, the film got rave reviews at Sundance and there is no news of release date or even of trailer. Katie Dickie said the film will be released in autumn, but there is no official info yet. This can be a huge hit and they are not marketing it at all. I'm not surprised seeing how they fucked up the marketing of Dark Places.
  • Speaking of, the film premiered in France and it got pretty decent reviews. Apparently Theron is brilliant and some even said the film is better than Gone Girl. In any case we got a new clip, which is quite promising, from the scene when Libby goes to Kill Club. And here's something really neat - Gillian Flynn herself making a cameo appearance:
  • Michael Fassbender is banging Alicia Vikander now? Man, that chick is really climbing up the fame ladder.
  • We may not be getting that new Twin Peaks after all. Personally I think it looks Lynch just got greedy. The actors did a protest thing
  • In more depressing news, there may be one more Lisbeth Salander movie...without Fincher. This is not a good idea. I firmly believe Fincher should direct ALL thriller books adaptations.
  • True Detective season 2 trailer is pretty awesome! Kelly Reilly was my favorite part of it. So fierce!
  • I tried watching Lost River last night but after a certain scene involving a scalpel I decided I'm to tired for Gosling's weird ass peyote influenced movies. Gonna finish it this weekend.
  • Thaddeus reviews A Most Violent Year
  • Irene posts about 10 characters we wish we could check in with
  • m.brown reviews Dear White People 
  • Alex lists top 10 First Date Movies
  • Anna reviews Going Clear
  • MettelRay is the first to contribute to my Black Swan, White Swan blogathon
  • Brittani reviews Starry Eyes
  • and Andrew has some interesting thoughts on Whiplash
  • RELATED POSTS:

    37 comments:

    1. I'm planning to do a thing on Twin Peaks later this summer in anticipation for the third season. David Lynch not involved in the project because of money makes me sad. It's like having sex without any kind of satisfaction.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, that's a great way to put it! :P

        Delete
    2. GoT season 5: I'm here to someone plunge a dagger or worse into both Roose and Ramsey's hearts. That character (whether it's Stannis, Jon, Sansa, Brienne, Theon or whoever) would be my hero. I actually got a pang in my heart with that gif of Stannis mentioning Robb. Big, long, sigh...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I fear these two will survive this season :/

        Delete
    3. I'm excited for True Detective Season 2.

      It sucks that Lynch opted out of Twin Peaks. I would like to believe it's because the creativity he wanted demanded a bigger budget.

      The Witch is one of my most anticipated films. It looks like it could be in the same playing field as The Babadook. I just wish, as you said, we would get a trailer.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think it's simple greed, but if I was out of the game I'd want money too. Showtime better throws cash at him because Twin Peaks without him is a horrible idea. I think they are still negotiating.

        I think it has the potential to be even better than The Babadook :)

        Delete
    4. LOL at these gifs. 1 more day! We're almost here!

      I really want to see Lost River for De Caestecker and Ronan. But from what you're saying, I should smoke some weed before watching it, yes?

      Speaking of Renly, why is he such a big deal in the fandom? Why does Renly have a Funk Pop doll and Stannis only has the concept art? He wasn't that interesting - and this is coming from someone who didn't think Stannis was that interesting at first either. I really hope Brienne drops the revenge route. Have her kill Mel instead of Stannis if they must do something like that.

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I will watch the episode on Monday evening and probably explode :)

        Oh yes, definitely, it's such a weirdass movie.

        Brienne story arc this year appears to be a constant source of worry and disappointment :D

        Delete
    5. Hi Sati, excellent post as always. Sorry I haven't been on here a lot, I follow so many blogs it can be hard to keep up with them all. Will definitely be on here more often.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Oh it's OK I have difficulty managing to visit all the blogs too

        Delete
    6. We're so close to Season 5! I'm so excited. But I swear, if Brienne kills Stannis, I will go crazy. If that does happen, the only thing that would make me get over it is if Roose or Ramsey die as well lol :P

      Gillian Flynn looks so badass in that still.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll never forgive that bitch if she hurts Stannis. He is light, he is life, he is love :)

        She's so great, I love how involved she is in the movie adaptations of her books

        Delete
    7. I'm glad Dark Places is getting good reviews.I wouldn't have picked Charlize Theron for the role, but I have seen her play some tough roles, and I have a feeling she did a great job. Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! I really hope the movie is at least decent!

        Delete
    8. Twin Peaks is another show I've never seen. Ugh. Some day...

      Can't wait for more True Detective! That cast has me so intrigued.

      I'm going to check out Lost River soon. It looks amazing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. What?! Oh you've gotta see it!

        It looks so good already. very atmospheric

        Well...it is a good looking movie. But really strange

        Delete
    9. Can't wait for GOT and your write ups. I have Monday off so I can watch it after tomorrow because of course, I'm working 13h today so I probably will fall into bed like a rock after I get home. L

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm gonna have a recap sometime tomorrow evening, not sure how much I'll be able to write this year, since all I do at work is typing :/

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    10. I loved the Harrington-Seth Meyer thing. I'm kind of warming up to him now.

      I just watched the first episode that leaked. You'll definitely be happy with it ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Me too! i kinda want to get a sword and protect this puppy.

        Oh man. OH MAN.

        Delete
    11. Ah, RF is as good as always.

      God, I was visiting my grandmother's village and the internet there is strong enough for Twitter but when I open the browser it stops loading. I know it's healthy to be away from technology for 2 days but not when it's Friday!

      I'm bracing myself for episode 5x01 and I feel the blood pressure increasing. The best thing about watching a new season is the intro soundtrack and how much you miss it - 3 years since I follow GoT and still love it all the same. Amazing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks!

        The first episode is really very good, especially the ending scene

        Delete
      2. I just watched it! It really is very good!

        Delete
    12. First of all, you are delightfully insane and I love it.

      The sausage picture (you picked one of the few storylines I actually saw) and the zoom in shot below are wonderful. F'ing brilliant.

      I must also commend your burn of Alicia - cutting, bitchy, efficient. It's everything you'd want in a good burn.

      I haven't watched Salem, but I can virtually guarantee that if the show wasn't too good before Lawless was there, it will be pretty good soon. Maybe I'll give it a shot myself?

      I... Just always want to laugh when I see that black furry coat. I keep expecting him to do a performance out of Priscilla Queen of the Desert...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :)

        I haven't seen Lucy's episodes yet but I bet she makes it worth watching all on her own.

        Delete
      2. My pleasure. And thank you for the link!

        Delete
    13. I'm really interested to see what Xavier Dolan does with Kit Harington now that he has him snatched up for his English language debut.

      Vikander!

      LOL...

      I'm really curious about Dark Places. I don't know if I should read the book first though...and moving forward with another Dragon Tattoo movie without Fincher is DUMB!

      Thanks for the link :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Harington has really grown as an actor so I'm really happy he is gonna be in such an interesting project.

        Not reading a book before seeing the adaptation is always the better way to go ^^

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    14. That Salem show looks awesome, I think I may choose to watch that in the inevitable post-Thrones depression after the episodes are finished! Nice one Sati, thanks for the link! :D

      Also I love book Brienne but I too think show Brienne is a bit of an idiot. Cannot wait for more Stannis. Also if you're right, that Sansa gif is perfect and soul-destroying at the same time!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Salem is nothing grooundbreaking or particularly smart but it's entertaining enough to keep watching and fill the time.

        Oh, brace yourself for Sansa storyline :)

        Delete
    15. I'm so on board for that True Detective trailer. Really hoping those actors bring it. Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! TD season 2 really looks very promising

        Delete
    16. Hi Sati! Good rambler today. I thought I would stop by to see your thrones review. I couldn't get into Salem. It was like 'True Blood' with witches, but I'm glad you like it. I guess it's a guilty pleasure. The main guy is BORING with a capital B. I couldn't get past the first ep of Vikings.

      I adore Kelly Reily. She is such a fantastic actress. I may watch 'True Detective' just for her b/c I won't be watching for Colin Farrel.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah Vikings really isn't one of those shows that grabs you but I see it has some interesting moments in the future. It's no Thrones for sure, though.

        Reilly is so talented, hopefully she gets a major break because of the role

        Delete
    17. I can't believe you gave Lost River a shot. Well, I can. ..but it honestly looks like such a fucking mess. (So, yeah, I can't wait to see it) Maybe I gotta find some peyote first.

      The new True Detective is going to have Dadarrio, right? RIGHT??

      Sorry, I'm better now.
      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's at least...more eventful than Only God Forgives. Then again most movies are ^^

        No, but I'm sure there will be boobs :D

        Delete