Friday, April 17, 2015

(179) I shall... + links

By Sati. Friday, April 17, 2015
  • Oh God. I almost choked to death on my own drool.
  • *kneels and prays*
  •  Here's my obligatory Stannis in every episode gifset.
  • And the lines. Oh my God. I want Stephen to do the whole thing where he begins all the sentences with "I shall".
  • There's even on the set video where we get to see Stephen behind the scenes on the show for the first fucking time in the history of the series. What a wild year, my god, he is out with people - we got 2 photos, now whole 3 seconds of him behind the scenes it's so much better that what we usually get which is fuck all.
  • I am truly not being sarcastic, I'm ecstatic about these 2 photos and 3 seconds!
  • I really may die this season. He is so gorgeous I can barely take it. And did his voice get even hotter? Oh my God.
  • Just wait till you see his scene with Shireen. OH MY GOD.
  • And! There's new promo pic!!! And hilarious thing from Facebook recap! :
  • I shall find him and propose to him. 
  •  I already spoke about it in the recap and in thousand other places on the web but seriously how awesome and badass is Jon Snow this season? Kit Harington is surprising me more than any actor ever surprised me before.
  • Cannes line up was announced and it's great -  Macbeth, The Lobster, Sicario....I really hope all of those are good.
  • So this week Cinematic Corner crossed 1,500,000 views! Thank you guys!I know I'm awful lately and all there is is Thrones talk but hopefully I'll actually see something soon and bring some variety in here.
  • Age of Ultron promo thing started and RDJ is stealing the show again:
  •  Oh and look at Mark fangirl/laugh so hard!
  • Age of Ultron looks really cool but having read the spoilers there are few things I find disappointing. And I still have no idea where Loki shows up.
  • I didn't see any movies this week. But I did start Daredevil and it's really good. I always thought Charlie Cox was kinda meh but he is very good in the role and I'm loving the atmosphere of the show so far.
  • By now I'm sure everyone has seen that new Star Wars trailer. But the question is - have you seen this?:
  •    Because it's so much better. This may be the best thing - along with 'Mountains' that came from that mess of the movie.
  • What else is new...I bought a poncho and as you can see Gustav tried to sneak in and photobomb me again (bottom left corner)
  • So we re-enacted The Lion King together.
  • ...
  • I so desperately need to get a life.
  • Work has been all right this week and just me writing it is probably enough of a jinx for all hell to break loose soon. I must start studying for my annual failure - the exam I take in the fall - and try - maybe - not to fuck it up again and actually get my law career going. Thank God I'm still 25 and look younger than this, given that I'm still just an assistant. Can you imagine being 40 and still do that? Granted, I'll probably be long dead before 40.
  • Because of Stannis' hotness.
  • But anyways....
  • This week I got a task from my boss that seriously made me feel like Cinderella or Andie in The Devil Wears Prada. She simply told me the name of the judge who was ruling in the case and the fact that the plaintiff was a cooperative. Not the name of cooperative. Not the location of cooperative. Just the fact it was a cooperative. So I had to look through all the cases that judge had in the last 6 years which was basically a thousand and search for the ones where the plaintiff was a cooperative. I swear to God at one point our bosses' boss walked in, asked what I was doing and when I told him he had so much pity for me in his eyes. I managed to find one case - one in 6 years - and dropped her an e-mail informing her that I have two days off and will be back on Wednesday. Oh gee, I cannot wait for 'that's not the one I wanted, why would you take days off when you are supposed to look for stuff for me' response.
  • The sad thing is that the actual legal work I have to do this month is so exhausting and complicated I enjoyed sitting on my ass and playing world's shittiest detective for a change
  • But hey, I can afford a poncho and scarves for Gustav because of that job, so...silver linings, people.
  • I promise to watch some movies to write about in next RF because I think we can all agree reading about my job is more depressing than if I sat through Lars Von Trier's movies marathon.
  • Brittani reviews Lost River
  • Thaddeus writes about Justified, which apparantly ended before I managed to go back to finally watch more than 2 episodes 
  • Jack reviews Mommy
  • m.brown reviews Furious 6 
  • Alex features Marcia Gay Harden in his In Character series
  • Ruth reviews Clouds of Sils Maria
  • Irene celebrates first birthday of her blog
  • Anna recaps Game of Thrones 5x01
  • Fisti reviews Into the Woods
  • RELATED POSTS:

    32 comments:

    1. Jon is totally badass this season. I am super fucking surprised too.
      And yaay, Daredevil! I think Charlie Cox is the cutest thing ever.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's gonna get even better later in the season ^^

        I'm still on episode 2....gonna be a while before I finish this one

        Delete
    2. That McConaughey/Star Wars mashup is priceless. Seriously, props to whoever cut that thing together so quickly. Thanks so much for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I feel they should just do a series of McConaughey reacting to stuff because his reactions with the obligatory 'alright' somewhere in there are always so much fun

        Delete
    3. Thanks for the link!

      Firstly, congrats on 1,500,000 views! Well done! Lovely poncho, I bet you’ll get lots of use for it! Gustav can photobomb me any day :P

      Oh, glad you checked out Daredevil and liked it! I was skeptical about Charlie too but he turns out to be really good!

      I LOVE all your gushing over your crushes… I keep [mostly] inside but I’m really about to burst out of my seams w/ how much I’m crushing over Stanley Weber. I wish I could do a huge crush post on him but I have obligations for the film fest. But once it’s over, I’ll definitely gonna be doing a looong appreciation post for him, oh my, just the thought of finding pics of him gets me all giddy!! He’s perhaps THE hottest guy I’ve had a crush on in years, and much younger than my usual 40 or even 50-somethings!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        Gustav is seriously in half of the pictures I take, most of those appearances are of his design :)

        Stanley Weber? I don't know who that is but the pictures of him are encouraging :D

        Delete
      2. Well if I had a dog as cute as Gustav, he'll be in nearly every photo :P

        I'm SERIOUSLY obsessed, and surely you know what that's like. I'll finally mention Stanley on my post for tomorrow as he's been on my mind so much. Thanks for your 'gem crush' list you did a week ago as I have to do one of my own as well!

        Delete
      3. I'd love to see your list! I suspect we would share a few choices :)

        Delete
    4. I just saw that McConaughey trailer reaction, that was hilarious but also exactly into what I felt when I saw it for the first time except I screamed with glee over Han Solo saying... "Chewie, we're home".

      I so want to go to Cannes. I love the line-up they have for this year.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd rather go to Toronto all my faves are always there :) I hope Macbeth is good

        Delete
    5. I have a feeling that Jon will be one of my MVPs of this season. Cannot wait until episode 5.

      Whenever I try re-enacting The Lion King with my dog, he won't stop growling so it's kind of pointless. But I love him anyways haha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He was already one of my fav performances last year and he just keeps getting better!

        Gustav was not particularly thrilled too :D

        Delete
    6. Thank you so much for the link love! It's a fine show, and I hope you do grow to like it.

      You adore Stephen with a religious fervor. It's admirable! Now we just have to get you two kids in the same room at the same time...

      Is that gif of the singer Lana Del Rey? I don't know her well at all, and she looks different at times, depending on the angle of the photo...

      I'm sorry that the work is so stressful and thankless, but it sounds like you have a healthy attitude about it all. I hope you kick major ass on your exam and that you don't have to wait any longer to embark on your legal profession properly...

      All of your images are great - as usual - and I especially laughed at the Avengers set. That must be the coolest set in the world, given how pleasant all those actors seem. I imagine it's the perfect working environment. But no spoilers, please!

      Congrats again on your excellent hit count! There are many more millions to come, I'm sure.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! The issue is the lack of energy to even sit down and watch something other than Thrones :)

        Oh God. The world would shake.

        It is, she is my goddess ^^

        I hate that I have to memorize legal acts. It is so pointless. You need to check something, you just open it and look for the right regulations. The fact that I have to memorize it is so stupid, it's the kind of knowledge that disappears from the mind so fast.

        Oh yeah the Avengers cast is super nice. I love how sweet they are towards their fans.

        Delete
    7. I laughed at so many things in this RF. Someone bringing mercy to the party. lol

      That Interstellar/Star Wars mash up was genius. Whoever made that deserves a medal. I think I shared it in like 50 different places on the internet yesterday.

      Oh those Ultron spoilers...I'm still so excited but I'm also blindingly pissed. lol I staretd Daredevil too. I like it so far. I was a big fan of Charlie Cox in Boardwalk Empire.

      And look how adorable you are :) I love that poncho. (And Gustav)

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Stannis was so not pleased :D

        Haha same here, it's so brilliant!

        Oh, yeah he was there! I always think of Stardust first when I think of him

        We really are super adorable ^^ Gustav needs some new photos, he keeps bombing mine.

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    8. Congratulations on 1.5 million views! I love that poncho and you and Gustav acting out the Lion King. I am sorry work is stressful and your boss is a pain. I wish you all the best on your test!
      I was accidentally spoiled about Avengers. I'll be curious to see what the reaction is when it is released. That behind the scenes of video of Stephen Dillane is adorable. Nice to see him laugh and smile, something Stannis does not get to do often. I am trying to stay away from Star Wars, I am married to a Star Wars geek so I know what I'll be doing in December, I am going to try to go into this one spoiler free.
      I've seen two episodes of Daredevil so far and I'm liking it. Charlie Cox is very good in the role. I love Foggy too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!

        Stephen having fun on the set is giving me so much joy <333

        Delete
    9. That McConaughey trailer is a riot, and probably much better than the actual movie. In the interests of full disclosure, I am a firm believer that the Star Wars franchise should have been laid to rest after Return of the Jedi.

      Great poncho and awesome photobomb!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think that is the belief of many :)

        Thank you!

        Delete
    10. I actually kind of love reading the snark about your job.

      Love the poncho! Silver linings, indeed.

      LOL, Interstellar...bah...that trailer though :-P

      Thanks for the link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! Cannot wait to read your review of Interstellar :D

        Delete
    11. Ha, I actually can imagine being 40 and being in school. I'm not 40 yet, but in my mid-30s and I'm in grad school and yes it really sucks. I'm actually really excited for summer vacation. My husband just binge watched 'Daredevil' and he said it was really great. I'm going to eventually watch it when I get through this semester. Congrats on 1.5 million! It's quite an accomplishment.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well it's not exactly still being in school, just getting the piece of paper that allows you to do more :)

        I so far seen 4 episodes and it's really very good, it's no GoT but it's good :)

        Delete
    12. I geeked out a little when I found out Portman's directorial debut is going to Cannes. I hope it doesn't suck!

      Thanks for the link! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah I hope it's not awful either but somehow I worry ^^

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    13. Thank you for the lovely link Sati! That task your boss made you do really is like Cinderella separating all the grains on the night of the ball. But at least you got some days off, that's always good!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! My days off are over but hey, it's Friday at last ^6

        Delete
    14. Congrats on passing 1,500,000 views! :)

      Really looking forward to several of the films coming out of Cannes, especially The Lobster and Macbeth.

      Haha. I hadn't seen the McConaughey trailer, but it's hilarious!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Cannot wait for first Cannes reviews

        Delete