Friday, May 1, 2015

(181) Balcony Swag + links

By Sati. Friday, May 1, 2015
  • Oh yeah. Strolling sexily on that balcony:
  •  GoT youtube channel finally added this:
  • This Sunday is gonna include that Shireen scene. Your hearts will explode. I am still crying. So beautiful.
  • Look, Stannis got a promo still!
  •  Look at him lean like a fucking male model. He is trying to kill me.
  • Oh, that bitch Margaery|:
  • Wine shade is so unnaccaptable (she writes as she is drinking wine)
  • Varys should get some sort of award for best expressions on the show:
  • Everyone needs to see the Book Snob Dictionary
  • So Mark Ruffalo, Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner were on Graham Norton show last week and it was adorable. I love how often Ruffalo is there. That show was about 10x better than Ultron, which they were promoting.
  • Tonight Kit Harington will be on the show and I'm sure it's gonna be so funny - Rebel Wilson is gonna be there too and there is no way she won't interact with Kit in some hilarious way.
  • Why does everyone seem to have a problem with that picture of Leto as the Joker? I think he looks fine other than the ridiculous "damaged" tattoo. My God it is as if I had "I love Stephen Dillane" tattooed on my butt cheeks. The parodies of the photo are hysterical:
  • I cannot wait to see Harley Quinn, she has never been in a feature film before so I'm sure I'll love her look no matter what.
  • Age of Ultron - meh. The Bruce/Natasha romance is so horribly written I felt awful watching this - Johannson tries but Natasha comes of as needy and pathetic and Bruce comes of as coward and a jerk. The Vision/Scarlett Witch romance would be so much more interesting, one of my favorite things was Vision swooping in and carrying her out of the trouble. My review will be published soon and oh man, is it not a nice one.
  • Veep was fantastic this week, the acting is really top notch this season and I laughed so hard at Dan calling Jonah and his assistant "Yogi and Booboo"
  •  Dark Places soundtrack got released and one of the track names spoils the twist in the film. Good God, the marketing for this one.
  • However there is new Spanish (?) trailer that looks pretty decent.
  • New Macbeth pics! Please be good!
  • Kingsman is officially getting a sequel which is fantastic news. Apparently there is a rumour that in it we will also meet the American branch of Kingsmen. No offense to American guys but there is no way American gentlemen can match British ones.
  • So this is what Jonah Hill looks like nowadays ------>
  • I'm not sure if it's for the movie he is shooting now, the new comedy by Todd Phillips, also starring Miles Teller, but damn, this cannot be good for his health.
  • Laura Linney joined Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. I don't know whether to judge her or pity her.
  • This week I spent so much money on the books to study from. Worst spending ever. My brain hurts so bad from reading all of this. Work was slow this week so I was basically studying in the office. The good news is that reading these books is about 10x more useful than my method of learning  last year where all I did was reading legal acts. At least books have some sort of narrative and it's not just memorizing 10,000 paragraphs of absolutely useless, out of context information, word for word.
  • Another thing I bought were jeans after visiting about 100 stores and discovering that if you have an ass and wide hips, you are not able to fit in any jeans. If something fits my hips I literally have to make additional holes in the belt because it's about 30 cm too big in my waist. It's madness. I like my curves but now I'm actually working out because I'm sure if I won't loose few inches in my hips if I sit down in the jeans I managed to fit in (kinda) they will rip apart. Do you see why I mostly buy and wear dresses? How do Christina Hendricks and Jennifer Lopez manage to find pants?!
  • Thanks to everyone for participating in White Swan, Black Swan blogathon! I'm gonna post the roundup next Wednesday, so even though it's after deadline you can still send me links to your entries. I'm sorry I'm so late with this. I'll try to actually make my own contribution. To my own blogathon. Can you tell I've been kinda busy lately? Anyways it's a long weekend here so I have tomorrow to write this, thank God for that extra day of free time.
  • Yeah, I haven't seen anything other than Ultron this whole week. I think I need to stop sleeping again.
  • Brittani and Ruth review Ex-Machina 
  • Alex features Dennis Hopper in his In Character series
  • Nostra reviews Quiz Show
  • Andrew shares exciting news about Xavier Dolan
  • Thaddeus reviews Whiplash
  • m.brown reviews Babadook
  • RELATED POSTS:

    46 comments:

    1. Thanks so much for the link Margaret!

      I hope Macbeth is good too, I LOVE that Fassy/Cottilard pairing. As for Age of Ultron, honestly I'm not even anticipating it, so I'm already meh about the whole thing. Seeing it tonight hopefully, though I'd rather binge on BORGIA again or watch anything Stanley Weber related. I have it bad w/ him... like REAL bad.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome!

        I hope you'll enjoy Age of Ultron more than I did :/

        Delete
    2. Aw, I was starting to like to slightly-thin Jonah Hill. Jared Leto as the Joker.... HELL NO! He just looks stupid. Only Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger can do the Joker.

      BTW, did you see the new clue about what is coming out very, very soon from the Criterion Collection: http://i.imgur.com/biLUM8u.png

      I screamed like a girl over that.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think Leto will do well :) As for the movie....not sure.

        Mulholland Drive? I wish we had Criterion here :/

        Delete
      2. Oh yeah, Criterion is Region 1/Region A Blu-Ray. You guys have Masters of Cinema.

        Delete
      3. We generally don't have any cool releases here :/ I hate that, at least GoT gets decent DVD release

        Delete
    3. I'm with you on the Natasha/Bruce storyline in Ultron. It seemed so misplaced as neither character ever shown an inkling and the whole thing was just thrown out there. Kingsman getting a sequel is awesome and hopefully it's as good as the first.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I liked the idea initially but good lord was that arc badly written. Bruce was such a douche in the movie

        Delete
    4. Oh I hate the "damaged" tattoo too. And I don't like his teeth but that's like my own issues with bad teeth. I feel like they tried to do too much in Ultron. That's where it sorta went wrong but I still enjoyed the fuck out of it. I will try and come up with something for your blogathon. It has been harder than I anticipated.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That damaged tattoo is just like something adolescent hip hop wannabe star would get :D

        Delete
    5. Really surprised by Jonah Hill's look...

      Thanks for the linkage!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, it's a bit worrying, isn't it?

        You're welcome!

        Delete
    6. I don't know what to feel about Jared Leto's Joker. He looks properly insane for the role at least. I'm more excited about seeing Harley Quinn too.

      I feel so bad for Laura Linney, but I mean, everyone needs to get paid in some way. I think she has two anticipated films coming up, Mr. Holmes and Genius. Hopefully there is some director out there who will watch one of them and give her a juicy role. She deserves it.

      I'm not that excited for Age of Ultron to be honest. I'd rather go see Ex Machina or While We're Young. Looking forward to your review!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I really want to see Ex-Machina! I'm so mad I missed both this one and It Follows in the theathers

        Delete
    7. Considering that so far all the Stannis scenes this season have been written by D&D&D I can't even imagine how good the ones written by Bryan Cogman will be.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope so! I really hope we see a lot of him this season and it doesn't looks the battle will be on the show this year

        Delete
      2. They're certainly hyping up the Stannis Roose conflict, and we've seen footage of Stannis with blood on his face and of a camp in flames.

        Delete
      3. I think the camp may be Yara or Brienne attacking...

        Delete
      4. If it's going to be Yara let's hope that she'll keep her speech short this time around.

        Delete
      5. And hopefully no dogs this time :)

        Delete
    8. Jonah Hill...like, I know he wants an Oscar, but Christian Bale'ing it so much is surely going to lead to a heart attack.

      I read another pretty scathing review of Avengers earlier today...looks like this one is not going to get rapturous praise, although it does have some rabid fans. I wasn't really a fan of the first one, so I'm not expecting something great. I'm just expecting Scarlett Johansson in tight clothes.

      Like, I like Leto. I loved him in DBC...but that picture looks weirdly campy, which is why I have a hard time with it. I don't know what the tone of Suicide Squad is going to be, but Ledger's bar is so high that it's going to be hard to not compare the two. I'm all in for giving him a shot though.

      Poor Linney. I love her, but this news is effing gross.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think he just let himself go....cannot imagine him putting all this weight for Todd Phillips' movie.

        Oh man if you didn't like the first one, you'll hate Ultron. ScarJo looks fine but Olsen is far sexier here.

        I'm hoping the film has seriously dark vibes but who knows. I just want to see Harley, that's all I ever wanted.

        Delete
    9. Love your work Sati. We need a Stannis nod gif!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. http://31.media.tumblr.com/b38be539ddc76ec8377f89c63734efc4/tumblr_nngbuwHWjs1s95j2so3_500.gif :)

        Delete
    10. Why Laura Linney?! Why?!!!
      Margaery gave some real shade in GOT, I loved it! Solid episode too, probably my favourite so far of this season.

      I agree with you about Leto's Joker. I really like it, but the tattoos bother me. Especially the one on his head haha.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hate Margaery this season and just want someone to punch her in her smug face :D

        Delete
    11. All that Stannis! I can't wait for Sunday. Varys does have the best facial expressions. I could watch that guy react all day.

      You are so write about that Bruce/Natasha romance in Ultron. wtf is that? Then the thing with Pietro? The movie would've been SO much better if those two things were different.

      Is Dark Places even getting a U.S release at this point? All the promotion seems to be for Europe. lol

      Jonah Hill does not look good. I hope there's some padding under there for something. Yikes.

      Thank you for the link. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sunday's ep is pretty good but that Stannis scene that is coming is seriously fucking amazing.

        The worst thing is that Bruce acts like total douche to her. And they have 0 chemistry together.

        It doesn't have US release date yet :lol:

        Delete
    12. Yes, Macbeth PLEASE be good. My two favorite actors going toe to toe. I can't wait. I really hope Dark Places is good as well. I agree, the marketing is pretty botched. Thanks for the In Character link!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. A24 is genuinely horrible with marketing, I understand it's a small company but they are so bad at this.

        Delete
    13. I think people are so down on the Joker photo because it's trying too g-d hard. Really, no one expected the Ledger treatment again, but this... Honestly, I was surprised that it wasn't Zack Snyder's idea. Dude has Marilyn Manson teeth, Green Day hair, and more ink than the lead in Memento. He doesn't look like a super villain, he looks like a f--king Juggalo.

      I'm so sorry about the reading! I know how tiring it can get when you read all day long anyway! The only consolation, besides helping you to achieve your goals, is that it will be time spent away from a monitor...

      I'll try to check out some of those trailers this weekend.

      Also, boo jeans! Sizing issues are like some sort of absurdist nightmare, and the latest jean style trends mess with men's fashion as well...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't think it's bad :) The most important thing is if he is good in the part, then if he manages to be creepy the look won't matter.

        I don't know what the fuck is with fashion noways. "High waist super skinny" jeans - Jesus, you have to be borderline anorexic to wear something like this.

        Delete
      2. Well, it's not horrible but it's really really really trying too hard. Also, I feel like his look is targeted to a certain demographic of teens in my country, which (a) annoys me and (b) I would hope wouldn't influence the writing as well. That aside, I'd be willing to live and let live.

        Seriously, I'm a slender man, but seeing guys in skinny highwater jeans - and knowing that's the trend - makes me ill. I'll stick with older fashions, f you very much, society.

        Delete
      3. I'm just glad Harley Quinn is finally gonna be in a movie, so as long as she is in and she is cool, I'm good ^^

        Delete
    14. I feel you on jean shopping, I hate it. I am sorry you were not fond of Age of Ultron, I don't feel so jazzed to see it myself. Even though Elizabeth Olsen is in it and I love her.
      I now cannot get the mental image of Stannis making Jim faces to the camera during pivotal events on GoT.
      I am so curious as to Leto's take on the Joker.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Olsen was wonderful, it was worth seeing the movie just for her but overall it was quite forgettable :/

        Delete
    15. Jared Leto looks wild as the Joker, will be interesting to see what he does with the role. I'm still waiting for him to play Jesus, just because he looks like him with long hair.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha yeah Leto as Jesus would be a perfect fit ^^ I swear some people were mourning when he cut his hair

        Delete
    16. I love that at the end of this post all the 'related posts' images are of our favourite Mannis. So good.

      All of your Thrones reflections at the top are spot on - Stannis should stop walking around like that because it's bad for our health, Margaery's sass is extreme, and Conleth Hill does such a good job with Varys even when the focus isn't even on him, I adore it. Also cannot wait to see Macbeth, all of the images coming out of it are amazing and if it's a big flop I'll be so disappointed.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah it's Mannis time ^^

        I'm so looking forward to first Macbeth opinions from Cannes, I'm especially curious about Cotillard's performance

        Delete
    17. OMG bless, finally that video is on youtube where plebe like me can watch it. There is a serious lack of BTS stuff featuring Stephen the Mannis(it should be a thing, his name works with that), I want bloopers now, especially after that one second in the vid where he was smiling like a dork.
      Oh and I adore Varys ,he and Cersei have the best expressions, throwing all the shade and sass left and right.

      Did Hugh Laurie appear on Veep yet? I'm saving Veep for the summer tv drought but the Hugh Laurie stan in me is oh so curious.

      So the new Avangers is bad? Bad bad or Jupiter Ascending bad aka so silly it's entertaining?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hate how Stephen wasn't featured in bloopers at all...they even had White Walker in those one time!

        Hugh Laurie hasn't showed up yet :)

        It's not bad, it's more mediocre and forgettable, at least Jupiter was so dumb it was entertaining

        Delete
    18. Sorry I couldn't contribute anything to your awesome blogathon. :( I just keep drawing a blank on a character(s) to chose.

      I didn't hate Age of Ultron, but I'm getting tired of so many Marvel movies. The Captain America ones are some of my favorites though, so maybe I'll like Civil War more.

      Fingers crossed that Macbeth is amazing, and I'm looking forward to the Kingsman sequel.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am waiting for Thor : Ragnarok but for me Ultron was just so forgettable :/

        I'm really hoping Macbeth is good!

        Delete